Avengers vs X-Men

wayne67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wayne67

I just read this comic series for the first time and I'm surprised how much I hated Captain America.

The whole series came across as him poking a bear while saying how dangerous it is and when it does eventually lash out he claims that it just proves him right.

These 'heroes' aren't great at conflict resolution are they? "That a**hole is creating world peace, keep punching him harder he can't have that much power, only our side is allowed to have gods and mutants with the power to rewrite reality without accountability. "

I'm kind of new to the comic format is this typical ?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I want to say that it's not typical...but then I remember that the good guys often have the gods and mutants plus the benefit of sheer numbers, while the bad guys usually consist of one crazy person, so I guess superhero stories are all basically about schoolyard bullying.

AvX really sucked. It made me less of a fan of many Avengers, as well, so you're not alone. LOL.

There are some great stories, though. Check out "Nextwave", "X-Factor", "Thor", and a few other secondary titles for better written stories.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider-man

wayne67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read 16 issues of Dark Avengers and I was confused from the transition from a disagreement with Doctor Doom to everyone being in lockdown. Did I miss something? Or are these random transitions typical?

I enjoyed Deadpool's involvement in the Marvel Universe vs Avengers, Wolverine and Punisher but hated basically everyone else.

Don't the good guys also have deep psychological problems ? Wolverine and his tendency to homicide. Xavier with his tendency to mind rape people when they disagree with him. Hulk and his multiple personality issues. Iceman and his chronic insecurity. Wanda and her... well her entire storyline. Namor and his on again off again regal issues. Reed and his inability to create any useful tech to be implemented by the public. I could go on and on...

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd think Cap would be more reasonable after Civil War

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

AvX wasn't all that good.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would take me too long to list all my problems with AvX....but my biggest beef is the portrayal of the X-Men (P5) as the villains.....all they ever did was create peace and prosperity for all in the world.

wayne67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

You'd think Cap would be more reasonable after Civil War

I've yet to read the Civil War plot line. This is after that ? I'm kind of jumping in the deep end here but so far Captain America comes across a self important thug. "Disagree with me and I'll ignore international jurisdiction and kidnap a teenage girl because of unfounded suspicions about the future actions of an alien entity".

Frankly I was impressed by Scott's restraint the entire time, he was mostly polite as he was repeatedly attacked and insulted by people making baseless assumptions about him. Xavier really annoyed me. How about you don't try and mind rape someone who disagrees with you when they're actually creating world peace. Has Xavier come back from the dead yet ?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say that it's not typical...but then I remember that the good guys often have the gods and mutants plus the benefit of sheer numbers, while the bad guys usually consist of one crazy person, so I guess superhero stories are all basically about schoolyard bullying.

AvX really sucked. It made me less of a fan of many Avengers, as well, so you're not alone. LOL.

There are some great stories, though. Check out "Nextwave", "X-Factor", "Thor", and a few other secondary titles for better written stories.

This right here.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

nah

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wayne67: I know I said that because of the amount of bad things that happened in AvX was because Cap wasn't being reasonable.