#1 Posted by Ironhawk22 (274 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram:

I 'm sorry ultimate fan's , I'm a 616 guy and I wanna see 616 Thor beat Ultimate Thor down! That's all I care about! They should have done this years ago.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#4 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Bye Ultimate. Good riddance.

#5 Posted by judasnixon (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Jeff Loeb's Ultimatum already destroyed the Ultimate Universe. Waka waka Mother @$#%ers!

Online
#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111 said:

Bye Ultimate. Good riddance.

You know we just hung ourselves, Ultimate fans are gonna come after us,lol!

#7 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio
@judasnixon said:
I thought Jeff Loeb's Ultimatum already destroyed the Ultimate Universe. Waka waka Mother @$#%ers!
This... This... oh and, THIS!!!!
#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably just a rumor

#9 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Reed Richards Vs F4...yes

#10 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

This'll be good. But I don't want the Ultimate Universe to end.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how they say that the Ultimate Universe is "mired in continuity" aka some people are just to plain lazy to do a little bit of research when they get confused about what they read

I didn't fully start reading DC comics till about 2005 or so and I was super confused about a lot of things being referenced...do you know what I did? I didn't b!tch and moan about how continuity made it sooooo hard for me as a new reader to start reading their books...no...I got online and found people sites that explained things that happened and I went out and bought trades.....new readers today are luckier than new readers prior to the internet since they have tons of ways to find out what happened in a book before they started reading them and all they do is complain that books are too confusing and that publishers should reboot....stop being lazy and stop trying to ruin everything because of your laziness!

/rant

I think 616 vs. Ultimates sounds pretty awesome

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

As a huge Ultimate fan I knew deep down some BS like this would happen. $&*%! ....... &$%************!.

Not happy about this tho I will laugh should 616 Thor get his a$$ handed to him by Ultimate Thor.

I lost faith in the Ultimate after Loeb. Why not. Lets end the rest now when they get back on track.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

This'll be good. But I don't want the Ultimate Universe to end.

I agreed. I been shelling cash for their comics. they end and then what for me? Jump into some 616 BS? Guess I try New 52 lol.

#14 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimaley they will merge with 616 land

#15 Posted by dondave (38895 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Ultimate Cap beat the sh*t out of Steve

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I didn't fully start reading DC comics till about 2005 or so and I was super confused about a lot of things being referenced...do you know what I did? I didn't b!tch and moan about how continuity made it sooooo hard for me as a new reader to start reading their books...no...I got online and found people sites that explained things that happened and I went out and bought trades.....new readers today are luckier than new readers prior to the internet since they have tons of ways to find out what happened in a book before they started reading them and all they do is complain that books are too confusing and that publishers should reboot....stop being lazy and stop trying to ruin everything because of your laziness!

This is kinda off-topic, but I just wanna say that I really agree with this. Many new comic readers often get put-off by the heavy continuity in comics today, but when I was a neophyte, I loved it. Sure, there were things being referenced that I didn't understand, and at first I didn't get how Year One was before Long Halloween or how Dark Knight Returns was an alternate timeline, but I eventually learned. And it was a big fun adventure, piecing together different bits of comic-book history as I started reading more and more comics. It was a journey almost, and it made the DC and Marvel Universes feel that much more complete. And of course, Wikipedia and other comic-book wikis were a big help. Sorry for typing so much, but I had to get that out of my system.

But honestly, even if this rumor turns out to be true, I can't say I really care either way. I've been a big fan of the Ultimates Universe ever since I picked up Millar's Ultimates, and the universe has spawned some of the best modern comics today. Really, the UU will always remain a landmark of 21st century comics and will always be remembered as the greatest alternate timeline ever.

But all that being said, ever since Hickman's run on Ultimates ended, the whole thing's been going downhill. The UU was already dying out when all of the original creators (save Bendis, maybe) abandoned ship, and once Loeb got on, it was more or less game over. The subsequent 'second wave' was alright, but lackluster compared to the first (even with the Death of Spidey), and while there was a lot of hope at the beginning of its third wave (Miles Morales, Hickman's Ultimates, UXM), the universe seems to have passed its golden years.

At this point in time, I suppose there's always the off-chance that the UU might resurrect itself, but I highly doubt it. The Ultimate Universe was created at a point in time when readers were becoming confused and disenfranchised with the regular MU, but I think that the UU has long since served its purpose. More readers are reading the regular Marvel U now, and I think that it's time to put the Ultimate Universe to rest. Of course, an Age of Ultron crossover is a pretty wimpy way to conclude such a fantastic idea (even if I REALLY WANT to read an Ultimate Cap vs 616 Cap fight), but what can you do? Ultimate Infinity Gauntlet would be my pick, but at this stage, I don't really care any more.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long ramble. I have GOT to start learning how to shorten my sh*t...

#17 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Comics Spiderman is Marvel's second best book in my opinion. Please dont end the Ultimate Universe.

#18 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate X-Men Volume 1 was the best X-Men experience I have ever had. I don't care what other people think, every last bit of it was great and I hope they don't end the Ultimate Verse. There is no reason for it.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24761 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's hoping they take them both out, hire a decent staff who actually gives a s**t about the characters and reboots the whole damned thing cause I'm tired of current Marvel's s**t.

#20 Edited by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I love how they say that the Ultimate Universe is "mired in continuity" aka some people are just to plain lazy to do a little bit of research when they get confused about what they read

I didn't fully start reading DC comics till about 2005 or so and I was super confused about a lot of things being referenced...do you know what I did? I didn't b!tch and moan about how continuity made it sooooo hard for me as a new reader to start reading their books...no...I got online and found people sites that explained things that happened and I went out and bought trades.....new readers today are luckier than new readers prior to the internet since they have tons of ways to find out what happened in a book before they started reading them and all they do is complain that books are too confusing and that publishers should reboot....stop being lazy and stop trying to ruin everything because of your laziness!

/rant

I think 616 vs. Ultimates sounds pretty awesome

Not everyone who reads from the Ultimate line is lazy.

I have read plenty of older stuff from Marvel and DC and a lot of it is complete trash. The art sucks, the humor is outdated and cheesy and a lot of the storylines are sooo unrealistic even for comic book standards. Super Girl getting mind raped by a damn unicorn? Who the hell wants to read that? Not someone who isn't 65 thats who!

I have thoroughly read from the Ultimate line as well as the New 52 and I can proudly say that where the original verses failed to peak my interest, these succeeded I would gladly choose any trades of Ultimate X-Men Vol: 1 over any 616 current X-Men collected editions because since Whedon's run, the entire line has been garbage. Avengers Vs X-Men, Garbage. Schism, Garbage. All the events and all the countless deaths and rebirths and break ups and recuppling in the 616 is boring and washed out.

I would also like to say that Peter Parker's death in the Ultimate line is the saddest thing I have ever read and I would gladly choose the ultimate line over the current Marvel Now! imprint any day of the week.

#21 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@danhimself said:

I love how they say that the Ultimate Universe is "mired in continuity" aka some people are just to plain lazy to do a little bit of research when they get confused about what they read

I didn't fully start reading DC comics till about 2005 or so and I was super confused about a lot of things being referenced...do you know what I did? I didn't b!tch and moan about how continuity made it sooooo hard for me as a new reader to start reading their books...no...I got online and found people sites that explained things that happened and I went out and bought trades.....new readers today are luckier than new readers prior to the internet since they have tons of ways to find out what happened in a book before they started reading them and all they do is complain that books are too confusing and that publishers should reboot....stop being lazy and stop trying to ruin everything because of your laziness!

/rant

I think 616 vs. Ultimates sounds pretty awesome

Not everyone who reads from the Ultimate line is lazy.

I have read plenty of older stuff from Marvel and DC and a lot of it is complete trash. The art sucks, the humor is outdated and cheesy and a lot of the storylines are sooo unrealistic even for comic book standards. Super Girl getting mind raped by a damn unicorn? Who the hell wants to read that? Not someone who isn't 65 thats who!

I have thoroughly read from the Ultimate line as well as the New 52 and I can proudly say that where the original verses failed to peak my interest, these succeeded I would gladly choose any trades of Ultimate X-Men Vol: 1 over any 616 current X-Men collected editions because since Whedon's run, the entire line has been garbage. Avengers Vs X-Men, Garbage. Schism, Garbage. All the events and all the countless deaths and rebirths and break ups and recuppling in the 616 is boring and washed out.

I would also like to say that Peter Parker's death in the Ultimate line is the saddest thing I have ever read and I would gladly choose the ultimate line over the current Marvel Now! imprint any day of the week.

I didn't say anything about people liking the Ultimate line being lazy....I love the Ultimate line....Peter Parker's run as Ultimate Spider-man is one of may all time favorite books

#22 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@danhimself said:

I love how they say that the Ultimate Universe is "mired in continuity" aka some people are just to plain lazy to do a little bit of research when they get confused about what they read

I didn't fully start reading DC comics till about 2005 or so and I was super confused about a lot of things being referenced...do you know what I did? I didn't b!tch and moan about how continuity made it sooooo hard for me as a new reader to start reading their books...no...I got online and found people sites that explained things that happened and I went out and bought trades.....new readers today are luckier than new readers prior to the internet since they have tons of ways to find out what happened in a book before they started reading them and all they do is complain that books are too confusing and that publishers should reboot....stop being lazy and stop trying to ruin everything because of your laziness!

/rant

I think 616 vs. Ultimates sounds pretty awesome

Not everyone who reads from the Ultimate line is lazy.

I have read plenty of older stuff from Marvel and DC and a lot of it is complete trash. The art sucks, the humor is outdated and cheesy and a lot of the storylines are sooo unrealistic even for comic book standards. Super Girl getting mind raped by a damn unicorn? Who the hell wants to read that? Not someone who isn't 65 thats who!

I have thoroughly read from the Ultimate line as well as the New 52 and I can proudly say that where the original verses failed to peak my interest, these succeeded I would gladly choose any trades of Ultimate X-Men Vol: 1 over any 616 current X-Men collected editions because since Whedon's run, the entire line has been garbage. Avengers Vs X-Men, Garbage. Schism, Garbage. All the events and all the countless deaths and rebirths and break ups and recuppling in the 616 is boring and washed out.

I would also like to say that Peter Parker's death in the Ultimate line is the saddest thing I have ever read and I would gladly choose the ultimate line over the current Marvel Now! imprint any day of the week.

I didn't say anything about people liking the Ultimate line being lazy....I love the Ultimate line....Peter Parker's run as Ultimate Spider-man is one of may all time favorite books

lol omg...

I apologize. My eyes burn. This is my queue to leave the internet for the night. Sorry again! :)

#23 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@danhimself said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@danhimself said:

I love how they say that the Ultimate Universe is "mired in continuity" aka some people are just to plain lazy to do a little bit of research when they get confused about what they read

I didn't fully start reading DC comics till about 2005 or so and I was super confused about a lot of things being referenced...do you know what I did? I didn't b!tch and moan about how continuity made it sooooo hard for me as a new reader to start reading their books...no...I got online and found people sites that explained things that happened and I went out and bought trades.....new readers today are luckier than new readers prior to the internet since they have tons of ways to find out what happened in a book before they started reading them and all they do is complain that books are too confusing and that publishers should reboot....stop being lazy and stop trying to ruin everything because of your laziness!

/rant

I think 616 vs. Ultimates sounds pretty awesome

Not everyone who reads from the Ultimate line is lazy.

I have read plenty of older stuff from Marvel and DC and a lot of it is complete trash. The art sucks, the humor is outdated and cheesy and a lot of the storylines are sooo unrealistic even for comic book standards. Super Girl getting mind raped by a damn unicorn? Who the hell wants to read that? Not someone who isn't 65 thats who!

I have thoroughly read from the Ultimate line as well as the New 52 and I can proudly say that where the original verses failed to peak my interest, these succeeded I would gladly choose any trades of Ultimate X-Men Vol: 1 over any 616 current X-Men collected editions because since Whedon's run, the entire line has been garbage. Avengers Vs X-Men, Garbage. Schism, Garbage. All the events and all the countless deaths and rebirths and break ups and recuppling in the 616 is boring and washed out.

I would also like to say that Peter Parker's death in the Ultimate line is the saddest thing I have ever read and I would gladly choose the ultimate line over the current Marvel Now! imprint any day of the week.

I didn't say anything about people liking the Ultimate line being lazy....I love the Ultimate line....Peter Parker's run as Ultimate Spider-man is one of may all time favorite books

lol omg...

I apologize. My eyes burn. This is my queue to leave the internet for the night. Sorry again! :)

no need to apologize...it's all gravy

#24 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

@danhimself said:

I didn't fully start reading DC comics till about 2005 or so and I was super confused about a lot of things being referenced...do you know what I did? I didn't b!tch and moan about how continuity made it sooooo hard for me as a new reader to start reading their books...no...I got online and found people sites that explained things that happened and I went out and bought trades.....new readers today are luckier than new readers prior to the internet since they have tons of ways to find out what happened in a book before they started reading them and all they do is complain that books are too confusing and that publishers should reboot....stop being lazy and stop trying to ruin everything because of your laziness!

This is kinda off-topic, but I just wanna say that I really agree with this. Many new comic readers often get put-off by the heavy continuity in comics today, but when I was a neophyte, I loved it. Sure, there were things being referenced that I didn't understand, and at first I didn't get how Year One was before Long Halloween or how Dark Knight Returns was an alternate timeline, but I eventually learned. And it was a big fun adventure, piecing together different bits of comic-book history as I started reading more and more comics. It was a journey almost, and it made the DC and Marvel Universes feel that much more complete. And of course, Wikipedia and other comic-book wikis were a big help. Sorry for typing so much, but I had to get that out of my system.

But honestly, even if this rumor turns out to be true, I can't say I really care either way. I've been a big fan of the Ultimates Universe ever since I picked up Millar's Ultimates, and the universe has spawned some of the best modern comics today. Really, the UU will always remain a landmark of 21st century comics and will always be remembered as the greatest alternate timeline ever.

But all that being said, ever since Hickman's run on Ultimates ended, the whole thing's been going downhill. The UU was already dying out when all of the original creators (save Bendis, maybe) abandoned ship, and once Loeb got on, it was more or less game over. The subsequent 'second wave' was alright, but lackluster compared to the first (even with the Death of Spidey), and while there was a lot of hope at the beginning of its third wave (Miles Morales, Hickman's Ultimates, UXM), the universe seems to have passed its golden years.

At this point in time, I suppose there's always the off-chance that the UU might resurrect itself, but I highly doubt it. The Ultimate Universe was created at a point in time when readers were becoming confused and disenfranchised with the regular MU, but I think that the UU has long since served its purpose. More readers are reading the regular Marvel U now, and I think that it's time to put the Ultimate Universe to rest. Of course, an Age of Ultron crossover is a pretty wimpy way to conclude such a fantastic idea (even if I REALLY WANT to read an Ultimate Cap vs 616 Cap fight), but what can you do? Ultimate Infinity Gauntlet would be my pick, but at this stage, I don't really care any more.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long ramble. I have GOT to start learning how to shorten my sh*t...

I agree mostly with this. I still want the Universe to go on but I know deep down it wont last forever.

Suks but I guess it will still be remembered fondly. I just hope the Ultimate Side can prove their worth vs 616 to show they are just as good and awesome as their counterparts were once and for all. Ultimate Universe readers like myself deserve that much in life lol.

@FalconPuuunch said:

Not everyone who reads from the Ultimate line is lazy.

I have read plenty of older stuff from Marvel and DC and a lot of it is complete trash. The art sucks, the humor is outdated and cheesy and a lot of the storylines are sooo unrealistic even for comic book standards. Super Girl getting mind raped by a damn unicorn? Who the hell wants to read that? Not someone who isn't 65 thats who!

I have thoroughly read from the Ultimate line as well as the New 52 and I can proudly say that where the original verses failed to peak my interest, these succeeded I would gladly choose any trades of Ultimate X-Men Vol: 1 over any 616 current X-Men collected editions because since Whedon's run, the entire line has been garbage. Avengers Vs X-Men, Garbage. Schism, Garbage. All the events and all the countless deaths and rebirths and break ups and recuppling in the 616 is boring and washed out.

I would also like to say that Peter Parker's death in the Ultimate line is the saddest thing I have ever read and I would gladly choose the ultimate line over the current Marvel Now! imprint any day of the week.

QFT

#25 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ironhawk22: When the Ultimate Universe started I was one of its biggest fans.

The comics were a fun take on classic Marvel characters, but with a fresh coat of paint.

The books were designed to be new reader (or lapsed reader) friendly, having little back-story and providing updates on the first page of each issue.

I loved everything coming out and couldn't get more fast enough. I read Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, the Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four and various minis.

Having said all of that... I don't read a single Ultimate comic today.

The Ultimate line slowly fell victim to many of the same issues that plagued the Marvel 616 Universe. Inconsistent storytelling, weird continuity, general confusion, etc.

The current Ultimate line barely resembles what it started as. It's not friendly to new readers at all. It's become more of a test-bed or think tank. "What can we do with these characters where it doesn't count towards mainstream continuity". Some of the ideas have been interesting, but for the most part the whole line has suffered.

Maybe it is time for the grand experiment to end.

#26 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

As a huge Ultimate fan I knew deep down some BS like this would happen. $&*%! ....... &$%************!.

Not happy about this tho I will laugh should 616 Thor get his a$$ handed to him by Ultimate Thor.

I lost faith in the Ultimate after Loeb. Why not. Lets end the rest now when they get back on track.

616 Thor curb stomps Ultimate thor with ease you know this! No more 1610 , did the Scarlet Witch say that? I guess it's just my imagination!

#27 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

As a huge Ultimate fan I knew deep down some BS like this would happen. $&*%! ....... &$%************!.

Not happy about this tho I will laugh should 616 Thor get his a$$ handed to him by Ultimate Thor.

I lost faith in the Ultimate after Loeb. Why not. Lets end the rest now when they get back on track.

616 Thor curb stomps Ultimate thor with ease you know this! No more 1610 , did the Scarlet Witch say that? I guess it's just my imagination!

As always I think Ultimate Thor can hang. He proven it against Hyperion and he will against 616 Thor. :) At least Hang long enough before Thor is Mind Rape by Karen (aka Jean, aka Phoenix) lol.

#28 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

As a huge Ultimate fan I knew deep down some BS like this would happen. $&*%! ....... &$%************!.

Not happy about this tho I will laugh should 616 Thor get his a$$ handed to him by Ultimate Thor.

I lost faith in the Ultimate after Loeb. Why not. Lets end the rest now when they get back on track.

616 Thor curb stomps Ultimate thor with ease you know this! No more 1610 , did the Scarlet Witch say that? I guess it's just my imagination!

As always I think Ultimate Thor can hang. He proven it against Hyperion and he will against 616 Thor. :) At least Hang long enough before Thor is Mind Rape by Karen (aka Jean, aka Phoenix) lol.

Do you seriously think they are gonna cancel the Ultimate books, that would be lick on the same level as the Dc comics B.S. There is a strong following this is really the sort of thing that ticks me off. Yeah I wanna see, 616 vs 1610, so just do and go back to the norm, both universes should be allowed to continue in comics. I have a million jokes about 1610 , but I think it's time for someone to talk to the heads at Marvel.Oh yeah clear this up for me, if you don't mind! Ultimate Thor vs Supreme Hyperion scan: http://www.comicvine.com/avengers/65-3806/is-hyperion-like-superman-in-it/92-750484/#26

#29 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't they already turned the Avengers into the Ultimates?

#30 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74:

BAMSKY!

serously i am spnding money on the Ultimate Line the most and hate to see it wrecked anymore than what Loeb did. It would be cool to add in the Supreme Power (entire cast this time) to live in the Ultimate Marvel verse under the Ultimate Brand to allow fan base from both sides get their Marvel on :)

#31 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

If they are gonna do it , they might as well go all out!

#32 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

wow this is terrible. The Ultimate Universe surpassed the 616 in a lot of ways.

Nick Fury- the ultimate version was such a fresh take and more intriguing than the original

Fantastic Four- Ultimate Fantastic Four is way cooler than the original. I love how the characters have progressed

Ultimate Spider-Man- I love Miles Morales

Hawkeye- Ultimate Hawkeye didn't have the ridiculous carny origin

If the Ultimate Universe is gone I literally have no reason to read marvel anymore. Maybe I'll stick with Secret Avengers.

But my God marvels already trashed half the 616 characters.

Destroying the Ultimate Universe is just dumb.........so so dumb. Look at all the marvel movies they all lifted ideas from the Ultimate Universe

#33 Posted by impossibilly (893 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see them ending all of the Ultimate titles except for Ultimate Spider-Man. But I've been saying that for years.

#34 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

MAYBE NEW AVENGERS 3 SPOILERS!!!

So in Hickman's New Avengers #3 the Illuminati are trying to repel the other planet and they decide to use the Infinity Gauntlet. Things don't go so well.

Notice, all the gems were destroyed save one, the time gem. And then there's this preview for the upcoming Ultimates #25 which has Hulk wielding the Infinity Gauntlet save one gem. I'll just post the relevant photo from it.

So evidence it will happen? Coincidence? Nothing at all that I'm reading into for lack of sleep?

#35 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw man...I hope they don't destroy the Ultimate Universe! I've been loving the earlier stories of Ultimate X-Men and I like the new spin they were doing for the 616 characters! What would happen if all the stories in the 616 universe turn out to be so bad and there's not another universe to read about?

#36 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be extremely good, and I approve of it.