Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inverno

@cattlebattle: lol!

To be honest I even forgot about Spider-Man. Shame on me.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Another one?

I said it once and I'll say it again: Batman all the way.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Inverno

@Gambit1024:True. In fact, I think that if Batman were released earlier than Avenger would be left completely in the dust.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

@CaioTrubat: Wait, are you talking in terms of box office? or which movie will be better?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Inverno

In terms of box office, Dark Knight Rises would win. When Green Lantern was released way after The Dark Knight, a lot of critics are quick to compare them. It had a lot to live up to and still remained in the shadow of TDK.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

We have at least 3 of these. For the last time Batman stomps in both quality and profits

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Inverno

@BlackArmor: And the Avengers don't have these?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@CaioTrubat: don't have what? I didn't say that Batman had anything I just said he would beat them at quality and profits. Of course Avengers will have quality and profits even if the quality is terrible and the profits is 1 person going to see the movie, so I don't get what "these" is referring to

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Inverno

@BlackArmor: I'd like you think about this possibility that many people hadn't asked yet. The Dark Knight is the most awesome fantastic cancer-healing superhero movie that I saw till now and is one of the greatest financial and critical sucesses in cinema. But even Christopher Nolan is anxious over the prospects of not making a proper follow up to TDK. Imagine If Dark Knight Rises doesn't live up to everyone expectations? Just think about that.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

@CaioTrubat: That is a very real possibility but the possibility for a bad movie exist for both of these movies and Joss Whedon aside The Avengers are built on shakier grounds, they're making history with the Avengers and it's untried and before its released untrue. Nolan has had two films one pretty good and the other jaw droppingly amazing for both practice and proof that he is capable of pulling this off, whether he does pull it off or not waits to be seen but unless Avengers releases the best commercial ever Batman remains the safe bet by far. and when it comes to profit Batman has already won no matter what happens he will be sold out everywhere the first week and sell well even if terrible until the movie leaves theaters because people know that even if there friends say its awful its worth giving a shot. everyone is exited for Bats but I hang out with allot of non comic fans and am the only comic reader in my family and I can tell you first hand only comic readers are really excited for the Avengers, it's almost impossible for them to beat Batman in the box office. So we know Batman wins profit wise and all signs point to it stomping in quality as well

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Saren

TDKR > Amazing Spider-Man > Avengers.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Inverno

@CitizenBane said:

You think Amazing Spider-Man will be better than Avengers? I'd like to know why...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Saren

@CaioTrubat said:

@CitizenBane said:

You think Amazing Spider-Man will be better than Avengers? I'd like to know why...

The central villain of Avengers is Loki, a character whose portrayal was dull as ditchwater in the Thor movie, imo. Honestly, Iron Man and Cap are the only two of the bunch who had worthwhile solo movies (Iron Man was great, the sequel was good and Captain America was ok). Thor was boring and I hated the Hulk movies.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By _Zombie_
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deadcool

@CitizenBane said:

The central villain of Avengers is Loki, a character whose portrayal was dull as ditchwater in the Thor movie, imo. Honestly, Iron Man and Cap are the only two of the bunch who had worthwhile solo movies (Iron Man was great, the sequel was good and Captain America was ok). Thor was boring and I hated the Hulk movies.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Deadcool said:

@CitizenBane said:

I CAN'T HEAR YOU
I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Deadcool is correct

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

So i'm the only one heering for the underdog eh? :) ohk, i'm going to wait and see if you guys are right. Then i will accept defeat if you are.

ramj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ramj

spider-man then avengers! not tdkr and bale puts on a stupid voice.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Inverno

@ramj said:

bale puts on a stupid voice.

I agree with you about that. His "Batman" voice is so forced that sound ridiculous. To me the definitive Batman is Kevin Conroy wether you like it or not because he sounds so naturally badass as Batman.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deadcool

@CaioTrubat: But Kevin is just a voice actor...

HoneyKr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HoneyKr

The dark knight rises,then avengers and then amazing spiderman

Amanthine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Amanthine

TDKR and then ASM for me.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Inverno

You know what people, I should have just called this forum Avengers vs Dark Knights vs Amazing Spider-Man!

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By vandinejd_1991

Defintely the Dark Knight Rises. I mean come on it's Chirstopher Nolan doing his final Batman which will make it his most epic batman film yet especially considerting the fact that Batman will be fighting Bane which has been and always will be his most famous battle in the comics.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By batmanary

The Dark Knight Rises, mainly because it will attract a larger market than the Avengers. Wanna see how? The Avengers is far from a serious movie. It isn't going to be heavy character, or on characters' faults. Indeed the only way I can think of off the top of my head will be the multiple egos clashing, but otherwise, this is a straight up blockbuster movie, that isn't trying to be anything else. The look is silly, it reeks of silly, and it will be silly. (In a good way.) The Dark Knight Rises on the other hand, is a serious blockbuster. It will delve into Bruce Wayne as a character, and wrap up his story. It'll look at darkness, emotional angst, violence and somberness. It'll still attract kids, cuz, Batman, but women, older people, and generally people looking for something serious, will join the blockbuster crowd in the theaters when watching it. With the Avengers, you don't get that. So, I'm not saying that the Avengers will be a bad movie, or that the Dark Knight Rises won't be, but that they are hard to compare. With the exception of the tights, there's nothing to really equate them with each other, and by all means, they are in two separate genres.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@batmanary said:

The Dark Knight Rises, mainly because it will attract a larger market than the Avengers. Wanna see how? The Avengers is far from a serious movie. It isn't going to be heavy character, or on characters' faults. Indeed the only way I can think of off the top of my head will be the multiple egos clashing, but otherwise, this is a straight up blockbuster movie, that isn't trying to be anything else. The look is silly, it reeks of silly, and it will be silly. (In a good way.) The Dark Knight Rises on the other hand, is a serious blockbuster. It will delve into Bruce Wayne as a character, and wrap up his story. It'll look at darkness, emotional angst, violence and somberness. It'll still attract kids, cuz, Batman, but women, older people, and generally people looking for something serious, will join the blockbuster crowd in the theaters when watching it. With the Avengers, you don't get that. So, I'm not saying that the Avengers will be a bad movie, or that the Dark Knight Rises won't be, but that they are hard to compare. With the exception of the tights, there's nothing to really equate them with each other, and by all means, they are in two separate genres.

Women and older people do not like comics?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@CitizenBane said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@CitizenBane said:

Personally, I liked Loki. The rest of Thor... eh. Cap was a bit too campy for me. Loved Iron Man and the Incredibly Hulk. Iron Man 2 was a letdown.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Deranged Midget

Eh... Everyone knows that Dark Knight Rises will be incredible so it kind of makes it hard to hype up and we already know what to expect.

Personally, I can't choose between them but I'm more excited for the Avengers because we've never seen anything like it before.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
I dont have exceptionally high expectations for The Dark Knight Rises. Also, the new Avengers trailer was spectacular, so I'm going with Avengers for the time being.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Manchine

Only reason why I would want to see Batman is because of catwoman. Avengers easily win my vote.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By progenitorigin

The thing about the Nolanverse concerning Batman is that he's attempted to create realism with comic undertones, whereas The Avengers has absolutely no quarrels about advertising itself as a comic book movie. For the sake of cinema, I can appreciate what Christopher Nolan is trying to do, and he's brought respect back to Batman on the silver screen, but his overall attitude towards the meaning of his movies has just seemed, I don't know, pretentious, a little too big for his britches. Personally, I don't think that The Dark Knight Rises is going to live up to the Knightfall story arc, but I do hope it's still good. I'll be looking forward to the Avengers movie much more, but i'll still certainly see Batman due to how much I enjoyed the second movie, which Heath Ledger absolutely made, IMHO.

cloverfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By cloverfield

the avengers because lokis back

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BloodTalon

The Avengers looks way more BA to me. Batman will get no theater money from me

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vortex13

@Deranged Midget: Though since everyone expects it to be epic and better then the Dark Knight if it isn't and that gets out it'll be a let down and will probably suffer in the box office revenue because of that.

I'm actually more excited for avengers myself, I feel like Dark Knight Rises is a known quantity so I have an idea of what to expect because of the first two and therefore will probably not be all that surprised by it. Avengers is something new. There hasn't really been a successful superhero team movie that merges characters, who have their own movies, together which I think will be interesting. I'm going to be seeing both in theaters, and possibly the amazing spider-man two but I'm not sure about that one yet, so they're getting my money regardless lol. Plus I will probably end up buying them on DVD if they end up being good when they come out.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

1.Dark Knight Rises 
2.Amazing Spiderman 
3.Avengers  
Before i saw DKR Trailor it was actually Avengers 1st tho...

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HBKTimHBK
  1. Dark Knight Rises
  2. The Avengers
  3. The Amazing Spider-Man
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Vortex13 said:

@Deranged Midget: Though since everyone expects it to be epic and better then the Dark Knight if it isn't and that gets out it'll be a let down and will probably suffer in the box office revenue because of that.

I'm actually more excited for avengers myself, I feel like Dark Knight Rises is a known quantity so I have an idea of what to expect because of the first two and therefore will probably not be all that surprised by it. Avengers is something new. There hasn't really been a successful superhero team movie that merges characters, who have their own movies, together which I think will be interesting. I'm going to be seeing both in theaters, and possibly the amazing spider-man two but I'm not sure about that one yet, so they're getting my money regardless lol. Plus I will probably end up buying them on DVD if they end up being good when they come out.

No one expects Avengers to be better than Dark Knight Rises, it's not happening, but many will enjoy Avengers a lot more.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vortex13

@Deranged Midget: I agree that Dark Knight Rises will be a better movie, after all Avengers is just a popcorn flick whereas Dark Knight Rises will have some depth, my point was since everyone has such high expectations for Dark Knight Rises it's actually more likely to disappoint people than Avengers which is, like I said, just a popcorn flick. Even if Dark Knight Rises is a better movie than Avengers (which I presume it will be) it is still likely to actually disappoint more then Avengers which has less hype for being a great movie and is likely to be not as good simply because the expectations are so high for it. Obviously due to The Dark Knight being really good, and everyone expects Dark Knight Rises to be just as good or better and if it doesn't deliver people will be upset. Nobody really expects Avengers to be an incredible movie which is why it may actually exceed expectations. Of course all of this is speculative seeing as how neither movie has come out and we only have the trailers to go by which are often misleading. I expect Dark Knight Rises to be great, and Avengers to be reasonably entertaining just like most people. But I feel expectations are higher for Dark Knight Rises which is why it has more to loose if it doesn't deliver 100% seeing as fans and movie goers tend to be very critical.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#41  Edited By Joygirl

Crazy enough, TDKR is exciting but the trailer looks mediocre at best. I'm sure it'll be terrific but Avengers just looks better.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Vortex13: The Dark Knight Rises will be amazing regardless and I doubt it'll disappoint too much. I'm not too hyped for the movie regardless, not even in my top 5, but I still prefer Batman Begins to TDK and TDKR. I find that Avengers might surprise people more since it might actually have a good script due to Whedon writing it and being a massive supporter.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jorgevy

Avengers>ASM>TDKR

Basicly because Avengers is going to be something never done before, totally loved every movie that lead to it, except maybe the Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 (they were good but not great IMO) and because TDKR is the last of the trilogy, has a weird catwoman IMO, it has a very realistic down to earth tone for a super hero movie IMO, and I liked the 1st one better than TDK, so Im not very confident about this one. Still, I'll try to see them all in the theaters. If it becomes hard for me to do it, then I'll just watch the Avengers and maybe ASM. Andrew Garfield and the trailer made me think this might actually be very nice

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Blob

Really close but I am probably a little bit more stoked for the Avengers. Avengers will probably be more exciting but I'll be honest Dark Knight Rises will be the pure better quality film.