Avengers (Time runs out): did I miss something?

MissingLink000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MissingLink000

So I'm reading Avengers vol. 5, right? I read issue 34 which involves Cap jumping to various points in the future. That's all well and good, but as soon as I read the next issue, 35, everything is different. Thor lost his hammer? What's the cabal? Why is shield looking for the illuminati? What's up with Iron man's suit? Why is Steve Rogers an old man all of a sudden? What I'm asking is, did I miss something?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hatemalingsia

Yes. A lot.

MissingLink000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hatemalingsia

@missinglink000: Sorry, I'm not that knowledgeable on this. I will just tell you, in a nutshell, what I know of:

There's this phenomenon where if you don't destroy the Earth of other universe, both your and that other universes will die.

Cabal was a group made to protect Universe-616's Earth by destroying the other's.

Earth-616 decided to betray Cabal but failed to kill them. They ended up in Earth-1610.

At the end of Time Runs Out, there were only 2 Earths left: Marvel main universe / Universe-616 and Ultimate Universe / Universe-1610.

The Time Runs Out story arc ended when Earth-1610 decided to duke it out.

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By saucygiraffe

@missinglink000: I guess it would be confusing if you didn't read new avengers and also didn't know issue 35 jumped the story forward in time by several months

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MissingLink000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saucygiraffe: Oh I was reading new avengers also. I'm up to date on that too. So I'm aware of all the incursions and such, but I don't know why the issue skipped so far ahead