#1 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the Avengers movie:

Agent Coulson is stabbed by Loki and dies

This actually made me tear up a little. Being such a newly popular character, do you think his death will stick, or will he return? Clark Gregg has been quoted as saying before that this character will survive the events of the movie. Was this just to throw everyone off, or is it a hint at something bigger? Could this character become the Vision over the next couple movies? The Visions brain patterns are modelled after those of Wonderman, meaning that the Vision robot needs the brain patterns of a human. Since Wonderman probably won't make it to the big screen, do you think that S.H.I.E.L.D. could use this means to bring this character back to life?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

He is alive...he is going to be in Iron Man 3.

Whedon didn't count on Marvel ignoring plot points to further milk the character....foolish Whedon

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@biggkeem89: That's really tough to say at this point. When Joss Whedon was confirmed, I knew that someone would end up buting the bullet. He likes to do that, lol. I was pretty bummed that my theory was wrong (I thought he was gonna end up being Mar-Vell), but the Vision theory would be nice. Maybe they'll go with "that was an LMD" thing that SHIELD agents always do, but we'll just wait and see.

#4 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

It really seemed weird to kill off such a recently introduced, but very popular character. I'm sure he'll be back, and I REALLY hope my Vision theory pans out

#5 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be ok if he stayed dead, to be honest... but if they did bring him back, I'd like some continuity in it and for "them" to write it in a decent way that's faithful to the character... and the franchise.

I doubt that his consciousness would be used for vision because there would have to be a logical reason why Ultron would use his brain patterns... unless they were the only possibility and (maybe) Ultron needed to bring him back to life to get them... or something like that, but that would mean that they wouldn't be able to bring WonderMan in.

#6 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

agent coulson is cool surprised me when he died. atleast he's around in the comics.

#7 Edited by _Zombie_ (10299 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think they're going to go with the LMD thing, and have him still be alive. It'd be easy enough to play out. They could just explain it as Fury being his usual manipulative self.

#8 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114 said:

I'd be ok if he stayed dead, to be honest... but if they did bring him back, I'd like some continuity in it and for "them" to write it in a decent way that's faithful to the character... and the franchise.

I doubt that his consciousness would be used for vision because there would have to be a logical reason why Ultron would use his brain patterns... unless they were the only possibility and (maybe) Ultron needed to bring him back to life to get them... or something like that, but that would mean that they wouldn't be able to bring WonderMan in.

My thoughts were that if they do the Ant-Man movie, Pym will create Ultron(and defeat him), and then SHIELD, after seeing Pym's work with Ultron, brings him in to create Vision using Coulson's brain patterns. But that's just my thought. Marvel will NEVER bring Wonderman to the screen, because honestly he's kinda lame and whiny, and the name is WAY to clost to DC's Wonder Woman, which would confuse movie goers. My theory creates both Ultron(which could become an Avengers threat later on) and the Vision

#9 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he is alive. He was one of my favorite characters from the movie