@acer51: X-Men

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Om4zd

@hydrabob: Wait until you've seen all that you can then decide.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Om4zd

@thenerdal: Wasn't just Stan who thought of those......People like Jack Kirby created those alongside Lee as well. Like Spider-Man: The idea of Spider-Man came from Stan Lee. But his look and style came from the artist.

Rusty_Irons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Rusty_Irons

Could everyone please stop comparing Avengers with the Dark Knight. they are different movies. Batman was supposed to be grim and dark. Avengers was supposed to be loud and fun. Both movies accomplished this i feel. I'm not against debate i just feel its not fair to either movie to measure them against each other. If i had a problem with the movie i would say Loki seemed a bit underpowered.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By acer51

@Jnr6Lil said:

X-men was pretty good but i like this better.

I would have liked X-Men more if they wouldn't have made Wolverine the star.

Also i hated how they followed AOA universe in the later films.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By cattlebattle
@acer51 said:

???
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By TheCerealKillz

My take on it is that it's the best COMIC BOOK MOVIE out there.

However, The Dark Knight is still the better MOVIE.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By acer51

@cattlebattle said:

@acer51 said:

???

I said Avengers was best superhero movie, Jrn6Lil said he liked Xmen better. I said i didn't like X-men because they focused too much on Wolverine and the reason you posted.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By cattlebattle
@acer51 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@acer51 said:

???

I said Avengers was best superhero movie, Jrn6Lil said he liked Xmen better. I said i didn't like X-men because they focused too much on Wolverine and the reason you posted.

I am aware of that...I wanted to know what you think the X-films borrowed from the AoA universe
acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By acer51

@cattlebattle said:

@acer51 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@acer51 said:

???

I am aware of that...I wanted to know what you think the X-films borrowed from the AoA universe

Oh wait..i meant days of future past.

Because at the end we're given the graveyard scence FROM Days of future past.

Not to mention in the Wolverine video based of Xmen orgins Wolverine takes place in Days of future past

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#111  Edited By TheCannon

I just finally saw it. It's not overrated at all. It is the greatest movie of all time, which was previously Thor.

LetsRoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By LetsRoll

The characters in the avengers movie were overrated, but i dont think its canon.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@Om4zd said:

What? Could you please speak logically and in a way that I can understand, because right now I have no clue what you're talking about. Thanks.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By Picard

@Jorgevy said:

I think most of the people that say this is a mediocre film, have not watched the previous movies or paid full attention to the movie. You may not like it, OK, but some arguments here are blatantly idiotic and show that either they didn't watch the previous movies, don't know the comics, or paid no attention during the movie (maybe they got distracted by the explosions and action scenes they criticize so much)

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Jorgevy: AGREED!!

which comment do you agree with?

Seriously? Comics, previous movies... What's this have to do with quality of Avengers? Nothing. I judge movie on its own merits, and it was mediocre at best. Nothing really surprised me or wowed me. What's so special about it? Don't get me wrong - it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

@acer51 said:

I think everyone here is being to critical, seriously can you think of one Superhero movie besides Batman that you like better?

X-men movie franchise, Watchmen, V for vendetta, Nolan's Batman franchise were better. Also I personally like Thor more than Avengers - story about "god" learning humility, about relationship between father and sons, was far more interesting than superheroes vs. aliens story.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Jorgevy

@Picard: 1 - it's a comic adaptation and one of it's strong points is the similarities between the movies and it's counterparts

2 - well, you should judge a sequel after having seen the previous movies. I doubt people would say Star Wars Episode V is mediocre after watching Episode IV. But if you watched it without watching IV you could end up doing that. Same thing with other trilogies and franchises, like Harry Potter or Lord Of the Rings. Unless you know the characters and what they already established previously you will obviously find it lacking

3 - I said it once, I'll say it again - it's ok not to like it, but calling it mediocre? you probably didn't pay attention to it at all

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Picard

@Jorgevy said:

@Picard: 1 - it's a comic adaptation and one of it's strong points is the similarities between the movies and it's counterparts

2 - well, you should judge a sequel after having seen the previous movies. I doubt people would say Star Wars Episode V is mediocre after watching Episode IV. But if you watched it without watching IV you could end up doing that. Same thing with other trilogies and franchises, like Harry Potter or Lord Of the Rings. Unless you know the characters and what they already established previously you will obviously find it lacking

3 - I said it once, I'll say it again - it's ok not to like it, but calling it mediocre? you probably didn't pay attention to it at all

1. So what? It can be the greatest adaptation in movie history, but it doesn't mean that it is a good movie.

2. Why? The Empire Strikes Back, Godfather 2, Terminator 2, The dark knight, Star Trek II Wrath of Khan, etc. are good movies no metter what and I can judge them on their own merits. None of those movies were lacking. Why Avangers are any different? LOTR trilogy is different because - like Tolkien novel - is one, one long story.

3. I payed attention and I still think that it was mediocre - it doen't sucks, but it is not good either. I didn't hate it but I don't lovie it either. What is there to understand about Avangers.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Jorgevy

@Picard: the first thing to understand, could possibly be the name. AVENGERS. With an E.

1 - Oh, so you don't count that as something worth of merit? LOOOOOL

2 - Funny, because the Avengers did that with 4 different movies with basically no connection at all. Summed up their stories. And did you see those movies after seeing the prequels or not? Because there are stuff in those movies that no one would understand without previous knowledge.

3 - oh you did? well, you keep saying it's mediocre, but I don't see why you say that, you just say it's not good or bad, you don't love it or hate it. If it was really mediocre, you'd have several reasons behind it. Id actually like to know some of the ways in which Avengers was below average.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Om4zd

@hydrabob: I mean wait until you've seen TDKR then decide which one you like more......

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#119  Edited By agent9149

overated my icecream cone

the avengers is one of the best crossover film ever been done in the 21st century

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#120  Edited By BatWatch

I somewhat agree. It is an excellent film in that there are no real errors in it, the action is amazing, and Whedon managed to tell a good story while every one of the plethora of characters had their own moment to shine, but yeah, I didn't feel a whole lot of emotional attachment to the characters either, and I'm not sure what to attribute that to other than just having too many characters and not enough time.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Om4zd: Yeah.....Only a psychic or telepath could tell you meant that. And I'm doubtful it will nearly as good as Avengers.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Om4zd

@hydrabob: I replied nicely but you must be attention seeking by replying to me like that. Plus, I think anyone else would've known what I mean't by my first comment towards yours. Meaning your not a very clever person are you. Again, you can't say whether or not Avengers will still be better than The Dark Knight Rises. You know what, IF you can prove it to me than I may change my mind about you having any intelligence......

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Om4zd said:

Uh, nah you didn't explain yourself clearly. I don't see anything about The Dark Knight Rises. You must be that kind of stupid that needs to be told your stupid.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Om4zd

@hydrabob: Um, you obviously are the stupid one here since you don't make sense since your English is atrocious..... Plus, you didn't prove to me that Avengers is still going to be better than The Dark Knight Rises. So you don't have anything to argue about. You're an idiot just leave now and stop being an indy....

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Om4zd: Okay pay attention. I never said anything about Dark Knight Rises. So, shut up about it. I wasn't interested in arguing with you. Mostly because I had no clue what you were talking about. Next time make your point clearer.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Om4zd

@hydrabob said:

@Om4zd said:

Uh, nah you didn't explain yourself clearly. I don't see anything about The Dark Knight Rises. You must be that kind of stupid that needs to be told your stupid.

Okay. You quoted WarKiller's comment saying: I agree with this or whatever when he said "Avengers is the best super hero movie ever". I replied:

Wait until you've seen all that you can then decide.

Now by that I mean't wait until you see all that you can as in the other comic book movies that are yet to be released, which may or may not be better than the Avengers.

Do you really think I would have mean't ANYTHING else by that? In a thread about The Avengers? A Comic Book Movie that will have competition with The Dark Knight Rises?

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Om4zd said:

@hydrabob said:

@Om4zd said:

Okay. You quoted WarKiller's comment saying: I agree with this or whatever when he said "Avengers is the best super hero movie ever". I replied what is seen above:

Wait until you've seen all that you can then decide.

Now by that I mean't wait until you see all that you can as in the other comic book movies that are yet to be released, which may or may not be better than the Avengers.

Do you really think I would have mean't ANYTHING else by that? In a thread about The Avengers? A Comic Book Movie that will have competition with The Dark Knight Rises?

Yeah....dude if you have to go through this much trouble to explain what you meant it wasn't clear. I don't really care about your opinion on this topic. Get off my back. Please.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Bo88gdan

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@War Killer said:

Avengers: The best superhero movie to date. :)

I'm with this guy.

me too

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Om4zd

@hydrabob: okay

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By KMART4455

It was a good film. What is the purpose of such a film in this case a Popcorn film, Is to entertain to take your mind off of what you have going on. The Avengers accomplished this in my opinion. That being said it is not the best film ever made.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Picard

@Jorgevy said:

@Picard: the first thing to understand, could possibly be the name. AVENGERS. With an E.

1 - Oh, so you don't count that as something worth of merit? LOOOOOL

2 - Funny, because the Avengers did that with 4 different movies with basically no connection at all. Summed up their stories. And did you see those movies after seeing the prequels or not? Because there are stuff in those movies that no one would understand without previous knowledge.

3 - oh you did? well, you keep saying it's mediocre, but I don't see why you say that, you just say it's not good or bad, you don't love it or hate it. If it was really mediocre, you'd have several reasons behind it. Id actually like to know some of the ways in which Avengers was below average.

1. Absolutely no. For example LOTR is a good movie not because it is faithful adaptation of Tolkien novel - Peter Jackson changed a lot of things in story of LOTR - but because it is a good movie: story, characters, locations, way they marged CGI with practical effects, music, actors performances etc. And I don't even know what do you mean by saying that Avengers is good adaptation of comic - it's not like Watchem, 300, or V for vendetta when you have adaptation of one, particular story.

2. What is there to understand in Avengers? This film is very symplistic. And I saw almost every Avengers movie tie-in, and I think that some of them were better than Avengers.

3. I gave my reasons: story was very weak: predictable and simplistic, there was no tension, there was no theme, there was no character arc. It wasn't bad, but it was painfully average. I still don't understand why people are obsessed with this movie?

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

My view is that there are better films, Avengers isn't the best comic to movie adaptation by far, but it is a damn good action film and a fine superhero movie, it's one of the first superhero movies that gave me the same feeling I had as a kid when I picked up my first comics and saw the Avengers taking on the Yellow Claw or the X-Men going against Magneto.

As for people who didn't like the film, it's Avatar all over again. They think "This is a seriously bad movie, you should be out of your mind to like this piece of dreck and yet it's making a billion dollars !!! Stop watching and liking it !!! You're only going to make it worse !!! It doesn't deserve it !!!"

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Picard

@kapitein_zeppos said:

My view is that there are better films, Avengers isn't the best comic to movie adaptation by far, but it is a damn good action film and a fine superhero movie, it's one of the first superhero movies that gave me the same feeling I had as a kid when I picked up my first comics and saw the Avengers taking on the Yellow Claw or the X-Men going against Magneto.

As for people who didn't like the film, it's Avatar all over again. They think "This is a seriously bad movie, you should be out of your mind to like this piece of dreck and yet it's making a billion dollars !!! Stop watching and liking it !!! You're only going to make it worse !!! It doesn't deserve it !!!"

Actully no. There was backlash against Avatar - not the best movie - but I don't see any sings of hate towards Avangers. People who don't like it just shrug the shoulders and move on. I just don't understand what so special about Avangers?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Jorgevy

@Picard: what? if a form of art is transported into another the result must be award with merit if it's well done. and it was.

Im seriously not gonna debate this. If you want, go read rotten tomatoes reviews, go check out IMDB, go check out all those movie/filmography/cinematography websites and see what they all say. They all pretty much agree that it was not mediocre or average.

Also, writing the name of the thing you are criticizing would also be nice. and just saying it was simplistic, weak and predictable is ridiculous. That's just an opinion, not even a good or complex one. And I feel truly and immenselysorry if you didnt see the tension among peers, the development of Hulk, Iron Man and Cap, they chemistry and dynamic, the continuation of previous themes such as bro vs bro and the development of characters that had almost no background or personality before hand (hawkeye and black widow)

and that was just of the top of my head, Im not even going deeply into it. If you truly paid attention to all of the movies, you wouldn't call it mediocre. You could appoint flaws, yes, but you wouldn't say it's "painfully average"

and if you are not gonna bother to see the details of the movie, Im not gonna bother to listen to your opinion. Wanna hate on the movie? GO AHEAD! Me and the other hundred of millions (probably close to billions) of people and fans will keep on watching it and enjoying each time. Oh, talking about that, Im probably gonna go see the movie again soon. Because for me it is a fantastic movie, and Im sorry you do not share that opinion and Im even more sorry that your opinion is contrary to mine, but that's not gonna stop me (and hopefully it wont stop anyone else) from having a great time with this cinematographic grand-piece

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@acer51 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

They never focused on AOA universe

And I still say X-Men is better

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@acer51 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@acer51 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@acer51 said:

???

Oh wait..i meant days of future past.

Because at the end we're given the graveyard scence FROM Days of future past.

Not to mention in the Wolverine video based of Xmen orgins Wolverine takes place in Days of future past

The trilogy ended with Magneto moving a chess piece.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By acer51

@Jnr6Lil said:

@acer51 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I can't prove that Avengers are better no matter what i do.

But i like them more then X-Men, i enjoyed watching it more, it's my oppinion and it's not going to change unless i see a movie i liked even more.

I have no problem with you liking X-Men better i just don't

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@acer51 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@acer51 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I can't prove that Avengers are better no matter what i do.

But i like them more then X-Men, i enjoyed watching it more, it's my oppinion and it's not going to change unless i see a movie i liked even more.

I have no problem with you liking X-Men better i just don't

Well that's your opinion, can't argue that

Would've been different if you said one was better than the other

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hydrabob

@kallarkz said:

@War Killer said:

Would agree.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Have you watched any other superhero film? The script was so corny a six year old could of wrote during nap time. It doesn't compete with the dark knight for the greatest, or V for Vendetta, or superman, or superman 2 if you forget that weird thing he through off his chest, or X2, or spiderman 2, or xmen first class. What I'm saying is these have layered plots, and twist that keep you at the edge of your seats without cheep dialogue and the characters not playing their part like iron man. RDjr obviously never read an iron man comic because he didn't play iron man he played a frank Sinatra with a big metal suit, other than a rich man with a drinking problem. Back to the fact that a 2 year old could have written the plot it was so basic, (bring in bad guy threatening to save the world) then (bring in good guys to successfully stop the bad guys) wear the fuck were the military during this shit, hawk eye easily killed the aliens with arrows so I'm pretty sure guns would have been fine. And also cap gets shot by a laser, so they were not lethal. Back to the Aliens, they were the worst villains of all time plus loki the least intimidating of all time. Out of all the villains why choose him? Oh yeah and just because the hurt locker, people can't see through the fact that Jeremy Renner or whatever the fuck his name is, is an awful actor. So is Mark Ruffilo, Nortan was the best bruce banner since Bill Bixby, so why replace Fight Club and American History X to the The Kids Are All Right(chick flick) and 13 Going On 30 (chick flick) and how come he tried to kill black widow and then was fine at the end? I think i hit all the points on why this movie is not the greatest comic movie ever made

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By SandMan_

Its an ok movie. But its pretty mundane movie for the first half and ok in the second half. Nothing special really.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@gor724 said:

@hydrabob

@kallarkz said:

@War Killer said:

Would agree.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Have you watched any other superhero film? The script was so corny a six year old could of wrote during nap time. It doesn't compete with the dark knight for the greatest, or V for Vendetta, or superman, or superman 2 if you forget that weird thing he through off his chest, or X2, or spiderman 2, or xmen first class. What I'm saying is these have layered plots, and twist that keep you at the edge of your seats without cheep dialogue and the characters not playing their part like iron man. RDjr obviously never read an iron man comic because he didn't play iron man he played a frank Sinatra with a big metal suit, other than a rich man with a drinking problem. Back to the fact that a 2 year old could have written the plot it was so basic, (bring in bad guy threatening to save the world) then (bring in good guys to successfully stop the bad guys) wear the fuck were the military during this shit, hawk eye easily killed the aliens with arrows so I'm pretty sure guns would have been fine. And also cap gets shot by a laser, so they were not lethal. Back to the Aliens, they were the worst villains of all time plus loki the least intimidating of all time. Out of all the villains why choose him? Oh yeah and just because the hurt locker, people can't see through the fact that Jeremy Renner or whatever the fuck his name is, is an awful actor. So is Mark Ruffilo, Nortan was the best bruce banner since Bill Bixby, so why replace Fight Club and American History X to the The Kids Are All Right(chick flick) and 13 Going On 30 (chick flick) and how come he tried to kill black widow and then was fine at the end? I think i hit all the points on why this movie is not the greatest comic movie ever made

Geez your making Avengers look bad lol. I agree a lot was wrong with Avengers and it didn't have an emotional impact like MoS did. MoS definitely still has people talking about it, I don't remember Avengers having this much discussion.

I did enjoy Avengers, but MoS is the best CBM imo

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it's sales are great. Everyone has their opinions on the film.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bo88gdan said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@War Killer said:

I'm with this guy.

me too

As am I

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By lilben42

It was a good movie but the hype made it seem like the best movie ever. So I was a little disappointed.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. Avengers was a build up to nothing special. Everyone of my friends (keep in mind that the majority of my friends are Marvel fans) were talking it up, over and over. I missed it on the big screen so I bought the dvd release and OMG what a waste of $25 and 2 hours of my life. A majority of the characters didn't have very important roles, Hawkeye/Black Widow/Captain America/Hulk were relatively useless, I feel like the director just tried too hard to put them in the plot. It's probably the most overrated comic book movie to date. If you haven't seen it, you've missed nothing, it's not that great.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a movie for 5 year olds.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@bo88gdan said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@War Killer said:

I'm with this guy.

me too

As am I

Word (did I use that right?)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#148  Edited By TDK_1997

I'm going to say it again.It;s like a Michael Bay movie,lots of explosions,actions and a lot of guys that want to fight other guys.The movie is great because of the action and comedy but it is not as great as everyone says.It could have been better and a lot more grounded.When I watched it for the second time I was bored with it and knew everything that was about to happen and even those great moments that I loved the first time weren't as interesting as before.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@tdk_1997 said:

I'm going to say it again.It;s like a Michael Bay movie,lots of explosions,actions and a lot of guys that want to fight other guys.The movie is great because of the action and comedy but it is not as great as everyone says.It could have been better and a lot more grounded.When I watched it for the second time I was bored with it and knew everything that was about to happen and even those great moments that I loved the first time weren't as interesting as before.

Yep. It's good on initial viewing because the explosions are cool and the jokes are funny.

Then you watch it a second time and you know when the explosions and jokes are going to come, so you have to focus on the plot and characters on those people hitting stuff.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

Yep. It's good on initial viewing because the explosions are cool and the jokes are funny.

Then you watch it a second time and you know when the explosions and jokes are going to come, so you have to focus on the plot and characters on those people hitting stuff.

Yes,exactly.It felt too much like a normal action movie but rather them being some normal guys they were actually superheroes and were fighting Loki and some aliens.

I sometimes really try to understand why so many people think that it is even better than the Dark Knight and that it is the perfect movie but I just can't.