Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Avengers Big 3 vs JLA big 3 (39 votes)

Avengers' Big 3 (Thor, Captain America & Iron Man) 18%
JLA's Big 3 (Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman) 82%

The idea is Thor vs Superman, Iron Man vs Wonder Woman and Captain America vs Batman.

#1 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO, Superman beats Thor. But not easily like his fanboys think. But Superman is a bit stronger as well as faster.

Wonder Woman beats Iron Man, now I've seen Tony go toe 2 toe with the likes of Thor and Hulk even in the comics. WW isn't as strong as either, but she IS stronger than Iron Man as well as more durable. She wouldn't have it easy. But she'd win in the end.

And Captain America beats Batman IMO. He's just as skilled, but is physically superior. Would be an epic fight, but Cap would take a slim majority IMO.

#2 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

2 outta 3 in favor of JLA. JLA wins.

Side note: no fanboys please. If you're unwilling to be reasonable and have logical discussion than just don't comment.

#3 Edited by Alak (925 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll just agree with the OP and say JL takes 2 out of 3.

#4 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

On the dc side, only Wonder Woman is hard to beat.

#5 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: Superman is by far harder to beat than Wonder Woman.

#6 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman can probably beat up everyone in dc and marvel.

#7 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there anybody who can beat Wonder Woman in terms of powers and fighting ability ? One kick from Wonder Woman and Thor would get a hernia and Thor won't be able to have children anymore.

#9 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but, Hulk and Thor would defeat Wonder Woman most likely. They're both marginally stronger. As well as Thor being more powerful than her.

Superman, Martian Manhunter, Flash or Shazam would beat WW too.

Silver Surfer too. There are many that can beat her.

#10 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not an expert in marvel superheroes. Does Hulk know any kung fu ? I am familiar with the Silver Surfer origin and Silver Surfer is no god. Superman and martians are no gods. Flash and Billy Batson are just puny mortals.

#11 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: Being a "god" doesn't mean automatic win.

Knowing Kung Fu doesn't matter, when Hulk greatly outclasses her in strength. SS isn't a god, but he's more powerful than most of the low/mid tier "gods" (Thor, Wonder Woman, Hercules, etc.) Flash could potentially solo the entire JLA, WW isn't as fast and would lose to the Infinite Mass Punch. Shazam is also faster and stronger than her, and has lightning. Thor is stronger and has more powerful magic.

#12 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: If being a god=automatic win, then explain how Superman has beaten the likes of DC Hercules and Wonder Woman.

Or how the Hulk has defeated Hercules, Ares and even Thor at times.

Being a god doesn't mean you will always win against mortals. It's basically just a title and a source of power.

#13 Posted by Alak (925 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62:

If someone says "[insert character] can beat everyone in DC and Marvel", just go for the easy counterpicks to end the argument. Phoenix, Spectre, Darkseid, Thanos, Galactus, Anti-Monitor, etc. That should put any absolute statements to rest :-)

#14 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak: True, easy way out.

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

IMO, Superman beats Thor. But not easily like his fanboys think. But Superman is a bit stronger as well as faster.

Wonder Woman beats Iron Man, now I've seen Tony go toe 2 toe with the likes of Thor and Hulk even in the comics. WW isn't as strong as either, but she IS stronger than Iron Man as well as more durable. She wouldn't have it easy. But she'd win in the end.

And Captain America beats Batman IMO. He's just as skilled, but is physically superior. Would be an epic fight, but Cap would take a slim majority IMO.

This says it all.

#16 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Thor beats Superman.
  • WW beats Iron-Man.
  • Batman stalemates CA.
#17 Posted by SliverBat (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I say JL but i'm overwhelmed by the poll haha.

Thor is the only one I would look out for he can beat superman, unless superman has no morals and goes for the kill..

#18 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

I agree with this although I see the Supes vs Thor fight a bit more even and Wondie vs Iron Man a bit more uneven, but in the end I think it's JLA 2 and Av 1

but I could see in a strike of luck Avengers turning the tide. but it's far less likely than the JL winning

#19 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

I mostly agree, except that Wonder Woman is basically a Superman tier character in terms of strength, so I'd say she's stronger than Hulk. Thor's strength is hard to gauge since most of his high end strength feats aren't as easily measured, such as the Midgard Serpent.

Cap wins hand to hand. Batman might be able to gas him with the stuff in his utility belt though. I'll give it to Cap, but it could go either way.

#20 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman might have long distance travel speed over Thor, but I don't think we can say the same for combat speed.

Here, we see Thor flying outside a window and when Jane Foster gets his attention, Thor manages to intercept Cobra's poison dart within a split-second. The dart is fired before he even is inside the room, just to give you the proper frame of reference to understand the speed and reflexes necessary in Journey Into Mystery #98:

Thor digs a trench in a blur of motion that is "almost too fast for the human eye to follow." From Marvel Team-Up #26:

And here, while helping rebuild Asgard, Thor hammers down repeatedly on a pillar and "becomes a blur of motion" in Thor #267:

Here, Thor fights Heimdall and swings his hammer down on him at speeds "moving too swiftly for the eye to follow," even too fast for Heimdall in Journey Into Mystery#125:

Here, Hela only has to touch Thor in order to ensnare his soul in 1v1 combat, but is unable to do so because of his speed, "His speed, his anger, are beyond comprehension!" From Thor #354:

Here, while fending off two Herald-level foes, Adam Warlock likens his ability to catch his staff mid-swing and his combat speed to that of lightning, "He moves like the lightning he commands, much quicker than I remember." From Infinity Watch #23:

Here, in the space of one and one-fifth seconds, Thor dives out of the sky, smashes Mjolnir down and causes a supersonic shockwave to divert a runaway truck from killing a young boy ACROSS the city in Journey Into Mystery #108:

Here, in the space of micro-seconds before a zooming cursed Mjolnir will strike Thor from behind, Thor lays a haymaker onto an Enchanter and spins around in time to snatch Mjolnir in mid-air, from Thor #144:

Here, Thor is about to have his face smashed by a cursed Mjolnir which is zooming back to him, but he moves swiftly enough on reaction to dodge it inThor vol. 2 #27:

With his great speed, without the use of his natural control over the weather, he can create winds of hurricane force or greater- than-hurricane-force air shockwaves in Journey Into Mystery #100 and #84:

Here, he literally snatches a fired tank shell out of mid-air with his bare hand and bats a barrage of them back in Journey Into Mystery #93:

And similarly snatches a fired missile with his bare hand in Marvel Team-Up #148:

Here, with FTB speed, he deflects two bullets with a single swing way back in Journey Into Mystery #100:

Here, he blocks a single bullet with the head of Mjolnir before whirling it to create a field in Thor #246:

And many times again...

Here, Thor flings Mjolnir to the farthest reaches of the galaxy inThor: Whom The Gods Would Destroy:

And he can fling the hammer so fast that it transcends the boundaries of of time and space or go twice the speed of light:

As for FTL reactions that can be measured in nanoseconds (light travels one foot per nanosecond), he's swung and swatted away Blastaar's energy blasts in Thor #270:

Far from a one-off FTL feat, he does the same to Mole Man's energy blaster shot in Marvel Two-In-One #96:

Here, Enchantress shoots a blast at Captain America and Thor reacts with FTL speed to cut off the energy blast in mid-flight, from Marvel Comics Presents #44:

Thor can spin Mjolnlr around fast enough to shield himself from lasers, from Thor #218:

Phoenix shoots a telepathic blast at a groggy Thor at the moment Thor's arms are at his side. AFTER the shot is fired and already traveling at him, Thor raises his arms and reflects it back with Mjolnir. Telepathy being instantaneous traditionally (as noted in the narration), we can assume for the sake of argument that it was only traveling at light-speed, making this another FTL feat, from Excalibur#428:

He bats away a possessed Iron Man's repulsor rays in Avengers vol. 3 #3:

And again bats away ray blasts in a training session in Avengers vol. 3 #23:

And how is Superman stronger?

Here's some of Thor's feats of strength:

Thor literally matches a Savage Hulk's strength in a grappling contest for an entire hour, from Defenders #10:

Indeed, his punch is so powerful that combined with a punch of equal strength, it is capable of actually closing dimensional rifts, from Avengers #100:

Here, he stalemates immortal Hercules in a contest of arm-wrestling, from Thor #222:

Thor resists a force "as though half a planet" were bearing down on him, from Thor #140:

Thor resists the gravimetric pull akin to "that of a neutron star" and busts out, from Thor #281:

Thor actually lifts the Midgard Serpent who is powerful enough to crush the earth. Note that the catastrophic effects of such a feat are actually physically felt on Earth, from Thor #32:

#21 Edited by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.

Wonder Woman wins, quite easily. Iron Man is no where near her level.

I vote for Captain America ... He's physically stronger than Batman, great combatant, and is more than capable of taking down Batman ... Same could be said for Batman, could go either way.

#22 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes Thor stalemate

WW can beat Iron Man barely

Cap beats Bats

#23 Edited by The Stegman (23165 posts) - - Show Bio

WW beats Iron Man

Superman beats Thor

Batman beats Cap

JL cleans house

#24 Edited by Wolverine08 (38899 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6153 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

If its like 3 one on one matches then avengers take it. WW wins, cap wins, Thor wins. If its a group brawl, bats and cap become non-factors IMHO. Unless cap tosses iron man his shield after knocking out batman. But JL wins group brawl, avengers win 1v1 matchups

#27 Posted by RBT (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA takes this 2 of 3. Supes and Bats will win. WW won't.

#28 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

With the gadgets, batman will beat caps, without, it is a stalemate, just because batman is more skilled than caps but caps is enhanced physically. Supes and wonder woman stomp Iron man and Thor.

I think it would have been better if batman and Ww switched enemies.

#29 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1835 posts) - - Show Bio

How about replacing Iron Man with Hulk? Then we'd have Superman vs Thor (good match) WW vs Hulk (good match) and Captain America vs Batman. I still have JL winning 2 of 3, but they'd all be good matches. The WW vs Iron Man match is a guaranteed win for the JL.

#30 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

So its Wonder Woman Vs Iron man, and then two of the most common fights seen on this sight.

Easy win for WW means DC will always take this fight.

#31 Edited by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

2 outta 3 in favor of JLA. JLA wins.

Side note: no fanboys please. If you're unwilling to be reasonable and have logical discussion than just don't comment.

Ummm Yeah agree with the whole post. Although I think bats v. cap can go either way. But basically this.