• 72 results
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ximpossibrux

Watched recent episodes of this show to give it a chance.

Hulk and Thor are reduced to one liners, whose only contribution is smashing a dime a dozen minions, while Tony usually comes up with a plan.

Cap isn't even the leader, doesn't do anything and overshadowed by Tony, who acts like a douchebag.

Falcon does absolutely nothing, except act like a fanboy to the heroes.

Hawkeye and Black Widow are the only tolerable characters in this show.

The series is like Ultimate Spiderman, no plot, just a random 1 episode bad guy each time.

Hell in episode 7, Hyperion genocides an entire planet, full of billions of people, and he gets put in jail...wtf

End rant, is Marvel even trying anymore?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeaaaaaaaaa, Marvel really isn't that competent when it comes to animated shows anymore.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Have they ever been? I thought that was really DC's niche.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

@wolverine08: Have they ever been? I thought that was really DC's niche.

Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine & the X-Men and Avengers:EMH were all great.

Anyway, Avengers Assemble is a failure, and like the OP said, Hawkeye and Black Widow were tolerable...until last week's episode where they literally spent the entire episode bickering back and forth and trying to be "cute" with their snarky one liners...and why does Natasha sound like she's from LA instead of Russia??

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: What's worse is DC isn't doing any better. Granted Beware the Batman is better then AA, but still mediocre, and Teen Titans Go is atrocious.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Ugh,when is Valiant or Image coming out with a series?

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not stupid, it's for kids.

Seriously dude, don't waste your time watching that show, it isn't for us, literally.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PeppeyHare

Seriously dude, don't waste your time watching that show, it isn't for us, literally.

It is stupid and I hate this mentality. Batman TAS,JL/JLU,SSM,X-men TAS, EMHs,Etc are all kid friendly shows that were enjoyable to a wide audience. "It's for kids" does not excuse a show from being horrible

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

What size T-shirt are you?

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@strangeman: batman TAS was for kids, but adults like that show.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangeman said:

It is stupid and I hate this mentality. Batman TAS,JL/JLU,SSM,X-men TAS, EMHs,Etc are all kid friendly shows that were enjoyable to a wide audience. "It's for kids" does not excuse a show from being horrible

Agreed. Nowadays shows and such that are considered "family friendly" or enjoyable for the entire family really isn't...at all. It's just aimed mainly at younger children.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm not a kid...and I love the show. Not everything has to be a serious take on the superhero genre. As a great man once said, "Why so Serious?" just enjoy it for what it is, a lighthearted take on an already lighthearted show....or y'know, change the channel.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PeppeyHare

@peppeyhare said:

@strangeman said:

Agreed. Nowadays shows and such that are considered "family friendly" or enjoyable for the entire family really isn't...at all. It's just aimed mainly at younger children.

The thing about shows like JL,EMHS,and SSM that really made them good for kids was the fact that they educated them about the universes. EMH is a fantastic introduction in the Marvel universe and would encourage a kid to go out and read comics. These new shows don't even appeal to kids higher than the age of like 7

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StrangeMan

@strangeman said:

@strangeman: batman TAS was for kids, but adults like that show.

No, you can't put the DCAU and these new Marvel shows in the same bag. The DCAU was meant for Teens and up, it's something that's been clarified many times, kids could watch, of course, but the producers had another target in mind, hell, Bruce Timm even said that he remembers 30 year olds watching the premier.

These new shows on the other hand, have already been described as show for kids, as in 6 year old kids, and unlike the DCAU, they create these shows FOR kids, while the DCAU could be watched by kids, they were made with a whole other mindset and boundries.

6 year olds and 13 year olds are not the same.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolverine008

@ximpossibrux: Yea, aren't really in the animated show Golden Age right now. Marvel and DC make immature shows just to appeal to toddlers.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StrangeMan

@the_stegman said:

@strangeman said:

I'm not a kid...and I love the show. Not everything has to be a serious take on the superhero genre. As a great man once said, "Why so Serious?" just enjoy it for what it is, a lighthearted take on an already lighthearted show....or y'know, change the channel.

I never said that adults can't enjoy childern's shows, I was just stating the fact that it is a childern's shows and to critisize it for being something that you don't want it to be is not a valid argument. None of this aimed at you of course.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:

But "Avengers Assemble"? Pay attention, when you look an episode and try to realize how much action they actually put into 22 minutes per episode! It's incredible! It's on pair with "Spectacular Spider-Man"

I hope that the show gets multiple seasons! I'm enjoying it a lot.

Loading Video...

Have you ever watched an episode of Earth's mightiest heroes?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@strangeman said:

I never said that adults can't enjoy childern's shows, I was just stating the fact that it is a childern's shows and to critisize it for being something that you don't want it to be is not a valid argument.

I know, I was agreeing with you and adding an extra argument. People keep complaining about it being too ''silly'' and I say there's nothing wrong with it being silly, not every show has to be Batman TAS for Pete's sake.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@peppeyhare said:

@strangeman said:

The thing about shows like JL,EMHS,and SSM that really made them good for kids was the fact that they educated them about the universes. EMH is a fantastic introduction in the Marvel universe and would encourage a kid to go out and read comics. These new shows don't even appeal to kids higher than the age of like 7

EMH and Wolverine and the Xmen was one of the reasons that I got into Marvel.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

@enzeru said:

I actually really like "Avengers Assemble".

I saw people complaining about how the Avengers were fighting over a cookie in one of the episodes and saying that it's too childish ... who cares? It's funny and adorable. Who wants to grow up anyways? I'm in my mid 20's and I didn't mind that scene at all. I don't even mind the childish stuff in "Ultimate Spider-Man" most of the time, but the one problem I have with that show is that it breaks up the action to show Spider-Man being a smart ass way too often.

But "Avengers Assemble"? Pay attention, when you look an episode and try to realize how much action they actually put into 22 minutes per episode! It's incredible! It's on pair with "Spectacular Spider-Man", which was one of the best shows so far, due to the amazing fights in the show.

I also like that "Avengers Assemble" is coming up with a good variety of characters. Who did we see so far? Red Skull, MODOK, the Adaptoid, Hyperion, the Molecule Man and most likely even more in just 8 episodes!

You do realize that every point you've just made can also be applied to EMH...only they did it much better. Especially with adding supporting characters from the Marvel Universe

No Caption Provided

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangeman said:

@the_stegman said:

@strangeman said:

I never said that adults can't enjoy childern's shows, I was just stating the fact that it is a childern's shows and to critisize it for being something that you don't want it to be is not a valid argument.

I know, I was agreeing with you and adding an extra argument. People keep complaining about it being too ''silly'' and I say there's nothing wrong with it being silly, not every show has to be Batman TAS for Pete's sake.

You see the problem isn't the shows themselves. If they want shows geared towards toddlers that's perfectly fine. What isn't fine is cancelling critically acclaimed shows that were enjoyed by a wide variety of people, then create shows that alienate all of those people and leave them with nothing. There was literally no reason why AA and EMHs couldnt run side by side.

Captain_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My main problem with Avengers Assemble is the terrible direction they have taken with Falcon... Why the hell is he so associated with Iron Man? Why was he made a stupid fanboy-kid instead of an adult like the others? Why isn't he associated with Cap? Falcon is my main reason for hating the show. As usual, Black Widow and Hawkeye piss me off - I wish Hawkeye retained his EMH-self but of course, everything is now being based of the movies. Also, I hate how Hulk and Thor only appear as a pact whenever they show up... It's embarrassing/intimidating how this show is just representing them as powerhouses and giving all the development towards Cap and Iron Man.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@strangeman said:

@the_stegman said:

@strangeman said:

You see the problem isn't the shows themselves. If they want shows geared towards toddlers that's perfectly fine. What isn't fine is cancelling critically acclaimed shows that were enjoyed by a wide variety of people, then create shows that alienate all of those people and leave them with nothing. There was literally no reason why AA and EMHs couldnt run side by side.

Young Justice wasn't cancelled for Teen Titans Go (which was what I was talking about) As for EMH, I agree it is vastly superior to AA...but the only thing I can think of is they wanted the Avengers to be more like the Cinematic universe (i.e Hawkeye's change of clothes, making Black Widow a permanent member, adding Falcon) so they said ''screw EMH" let's make more money this way!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:

I actually really like "Avengers Assemble".

I saw people complaining about how the Avengers were fighting over a cookie in one of the episodes and saying that it's too childish ... who cares? It's funny and adorable. Who wants to grow up anyways? I'm in my mid 20's and I didn't mind that scene at all. I don't even mind the childish stuff in "Ultimate Spider-Man" most of the time, but the one problem I have with that show is that it breaks up the action to show Spider-Man being a smart ass way too often.

But "Avengers Assemble"? Pay attention, when you look an episode and try to realize how much action they actually put into 22 minutes per episode! It's incredible! It's on pair with "Spectacular Spider-Man", which was one of the best shows so far, due to the amazing fights in the show.

I also like that "Avengers Assemble" is coming up with a good variety of characters. Who did we see so far? Red Skull, MODOK, the Adaptoid, Hyperion, the Molecule Man and most likely even more in just 8 episodes!

You do realize that every point you've just made can also be applied to EMH...only they did it much better. Especially with adding supporting characters from the Marvel Universe

No Caption Provided

Just seeing that makes me wanna cry ;.;. They could have done so much more.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the minority of people on here who likes it I don't love it but I like it. It's not terrible. EMH is still by far the best but marvel has put out some good animated series Avengers EMH Spectacular Spider Man( coming back this Saturday (: ) the and even wolverine and the X men had me excited for the second season with AOA but they all got canceled too early. It's not that marvel isn't putting any good animated series it's that there canceling them too early or after one of their movies promoting said animated series has already been milked for all it's money. Also lets not forget Avengers Assemble is targeted to a younger audience so where not going to see anywhere near the type of stuff we saw in the Flash point paradox movie just released. My little cousin who is 9 enjoys watching it and asks me to watch it with him along with Ultimate Spider Man and it makes me happy that he's enjoying the same heroes I grow up with.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare said:

@the_stegman said:

@strangeman said:

@the_stegman said:

@strangeman said:

Young Justice wasn't cancelled for Teen Titans Go (which was what I was talking about) As for EMH, I agree it is vastly superior to AA...but the only thing I can think of is they wanted the Avengers to be more like the Cinematic universe (i.e Hawkeye's change of clothes, making Black Widow a permanent member, adding Falcon) so they said ''screw EMH" let's make more money this way!

Yeah that's exactly why they did it but that also makes my idea perfectly valid. Most of the people who went and saw the avengers are never going to go and watch other things related to them. AA could have been for the toddlers/kids who went and saw the movies and liked them, while EMH could have been for the older audience/comic fans. Not even like EMH was doing bad or anything

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangeman said:

@the_stegman said:

@strangeman said:

Oh, I'm sorry, guess I gotta work on my reading comprehension a lil' bit.

Anywho, I agree, It's sad that Marvel has other intentions for their cartoons but reacting this way isn't gonna solve anything, they're not gonna take a dark turn all of the sudden to please you people and they really shouldn't, and that doesn't make them bad shows, it's like complaining that a show like Blue's Clues isn't good because it's not dark enough. That's why I'm saying that you guys shouldn't waste your time, the show's not gonna change, so if you don't like it, that's it.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru: Dude to say this show is on par with SSM is just...no. I get why this show exists but like i've said in all my other posts, this could have ran alongside EMH.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@enzeru said:
@the_stegman said:

No Caption Provided

You do realize that "Avengers Assemble" is not "Earth's Mightiest Heroes", right? You do realize that "Avengers Assemble" is all about the characters from the Avenger movie and the upcoming Avenger movie? Marvel wants to support that franchise by making you more familiar with these characters.

It's impossible for these two shows to co-exist, because of the way how similar they are.

You do realize that we're only at episode 8 of the show, while "EMH" had over 50 episodes?

Judging by your logic "Marvel Superhero Squad" is better than "EMH", because it introduced even more characters.

Back to "Avengers Assemble" ... shows are only made to support other franchises like movies and comics and on top of that ... to sell toys and guess what, who buys toys? CHILDREN. You can't make a show nowdays without having childish aspects in it, since there is still a group of people you're trying to please.

1. I know it's not EMH, they cancelled EMH for this inferior show just to capitalize on the success of the cinematic universe, it's unnecessary and greedy, they axed a very well written show for a cash grab.

2. I know we are only 8 episodes in, my point was you said "I like how AA brings in different characters each show" My retort is, EMH also brought in new characters, not just from the later episodes, BUT FROM DAY ONE. They even released web episodes dedicated to each Avenger and their SUPPORTING CAST before the show even aired. As I said, EMH did the character introduction better.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PeppeyHare

@enzeru said:
@peppeyhare said:

@enzeru: Dude to say this show is on par with SSM is just...no. I get why this show exists but like i've said in all my other posts, this could have ran alongside EMH.

No, it couldn't have.

You can't have a show for young people and one show for adults and especially not if it's about the same characters.

Adults don't go out and buy toys. Adults, who are watching the show are most likely already reading comics. By making a show for younger people, they're immediately passivly getting new comic book readers, since there are probably people, who want to learn more about characters they see in the shows - and therefore a large character variety is always important.

On top of that many young people are more interested in mainstream mangas like "Naruto" and "Bleach" ... not necessarily in America, but when you look at the entire world, it's like that. I'm from Germany and you could ask people around here on the street who Captain America is and they would run away from you, thinking you're crazy. No one really cares about superheroes around here and the same applies for entire Europe. Mangas stomp comic books here.

By providing shows for younger people, who are interested in cartoons Marvel has the chance to get more fans and there is nothing bad about that.

They're still a company and trying to make money.

They don't care if you're upset that "EMH" got cancelled, because in the end of the day their profit does not come from you, because you don't buy toys and you're already reading comics.

You see the problem with your logic is thinking that any child who watches AA is going to go out and buy comics. EMH is not a show for adults. It is a show that can be enjoyed by adults but was targeted for kids. That show was a million times more likely to get people to go and buy comics and become involved with other marvel stuff. AA is written and aimed towards an audience that wouldn't even be able to comprehend the current Avengers book and would be shocked to see that it isn't about Hawkeye and Hulk fighting over cookies. How do you think most of the kids who loved EMHs feel? They're as alienated as adults are.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly it disgust me when people use the term "Its aimed at kids" or "Its cartoon" its statements like those that gives networks the impression not to challenge viewers or give them more credit. What pisses me off about the current direction of Marvel animation is how it degrades its viewers Thinking they don't need to put effort into what their making and thus give us shlock like Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Hulk Agents of SMASH. But hey if you like it good more power to you, but me I'm not going to bother to watch until Loeb is off Marvel animation and someone more competent comes along to take over.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:
@peppeyhare said:

EMH is not a show for adults. It is a show that can be enjoyed by adults but was targeted for kids. That show was a million times more likely to get people to go and buy comics and become involved with other marvel stuff.

People, who are smarter than you and me are making decisions on what's better for their business.

Alright. Not gonna sit here and argue with you all night. They aren't making better decisions and the fact that you believe people who run these companies are smarter than normal people actually blows my mind.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't think it is that bad. EMH didn't have that many heroes till further in the season. I actually think avengers assemble is more humorous. They have the same voice actors i think . There are only 7 episodes out i think.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

I... never believed it would be good in the first place.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By frogdog

It's from the same makers of the ultimate spider-man show, s*** was to be expected.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why would Marvel cancel their best shows like EMH and Wolverine and the X-Men for garbage?

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

why would Marvel cancel their best shows like EMH and Wolverine and the X-Men for garbage?

Wolverine and the Xmen bit it because of the merger with Disney. EMH bit it because it's producers are not inhouse from Disney and because they wanted a quick cash in with the movie's popularity.

You know, instead of letting it run it's course like Justice League.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

Wolverine and the Xmen bit it because of the merger with Disney. EMH bit it because it's producers are not inhouse from Disney and because they wanted a quick cash in with the movie's popularity.

You know, instead of letting it run it's course like Justice League.

oh. JL was a good series though.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth's Mightiest Heroes forever!!!

They made huge progress in portraying a Marvel Universe; In just two seasons they developed Asgard, Wakanda, Skrulls and the Kree empire! We saw classic badguys and their respective teams (Masters of Evil, Hydra, AIM), as well as recently created characters like Red Hulk and Winter Soldier!

They introduced new team mates with good pacing (vision, ms marvel), but also had some great, personal character developments (Cap imprisoned by the Skrull, Pym going being an outcast and going a bit nuts, Hawkeye and Blackwidows relationship).

And as a bonus, we even got to see loads of non-classic avengers in the show; wolverine, spider-man, luke cage, iron fist, war machine, GotG.

I would recommend this show to anyone with a Marvel interest. And as for 'Avengers Assemble', it's like the toddler version of EMH

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux:

Ah... well... I haven't seen the show - I watched Avengers: EMH... loved it... not entirely interested in this one.

- TAS

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Critiquing a cartoon for kids between the age of 6 to 14 years as an adult is stupid stupid stupid.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By rev_sulphur

Ugh,when is Valiant or Image coming out with a series?

Does The Walking Dead count ?

I agree.