- This is what pissed me off the most: Iron Man is now officially the leader of the team. I was afraid that they'd go down this route last episode, and my worst fears have been confirmed. It's a dumb-a*s decision that serves no purpose aside from the fact that Tony is the most popular character with the general public. Where's the corporate synergy when even the movie has Cap as the (informal) leader? Thinking about it just makes me want to go out and cripple someone - it goes everything that the Avengers and Cap are!
- I felt like there was so much banter at this episode that I got kinda nauseated. I get that they disbanded after some interpersonal conflicts and they don't get along well, but the amount of back-and-forth was just irritating at points. The weird attempts at being funny were...eh.
- Some characterizations feel kinda off. I know it's still early, but Thor comes across as just a brawler who wants to fight. The character shouldn't be this happy-go-lucky - Thor from EMH had the right mix of nobility and gravitas to go with his warrior spirit. He felt like a prince, this Thor doesn't.
- Can't say I'm really impressed by this episode's plot. The whole hero vs hero thing is dull to me, I don't know, maybe I'm just jaded after reading so much of it. Skull's plan comes across as half-arsed really, hardly the manipulator he is, and he's still wearing that stupid armor.
- We now know that the Cabal is made up of Red Skull, (possibly) MODOK, Attuma, Doom, and what was earlier confirmed as Dracula. While I like the concept of an evil team opposing the Avengers - it should be noted that the Avengers have a supervillain counterpart - the Masters of Evil. But eh, whatever.
- Exactly what makes Iron Man's new armor so special? It looked the same.
- I will say that the fight scenes were at least entertaining. The Hulk vs Thor fight especially, and when Hulk tried to lift Mjolnir - that was just funny. It's also worth noting that at least the dialogue isn't dumbed-down as everyone else hoped, there was some older teen humor here.
Despite the overall negative tone of my 'review', I'm still willing to give it an entire season before I make a final decision regarding the series. What did everyone else think?