Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This movie was simply amazing. For the amount of characters in play, they were all used to great effect! The lesser characters got great moments of character development. Ultron was fantastic, he was actually kind of funny too. Despite it's dark tone, there were some laugh out loud moments. I give it a 9.5/10.

Now for some spoilers

Hawkeye has a wife and kids.

Hulk lost to the Hulkbuster.

Vision has the Soul Gem to keep him alive.

VISION CAN LIFT MJORNIR!

Quicksilver dies!

Hulk, Thor , Hawkeye and Tony leave,

Captain America and Black Widow form a New Avengers team with Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision and War Machine

Vision finishes off Ultron.

Thanos retrieves the gauntlet.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really enjoyed the movie too. But I thought Thor was supposed to have a huge fight with Vision?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mekboy: I thought so too. I liked how since he was the first person he saw he just thought "damn capes are awesome!" Even though only those two wear them now.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Mongul

Sorry, but I don't have to see the movie to know it's not a 9.5/10.

The greatest movies of all time can barely break a 9.5, let alone some popcorn action flick. Hell, the only CBM even worthy getting a score above 8 is The Dark Knight.

Unless you honestly believe that AoU is the same caliber film as The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, Schindler's List, Forrest Gump, etc etc etc, this is absurd.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

@_mongul: personal opinion is a shi*ty thing, hu? Go AoU, be an awesome movie, the haters are your dancing floor.

I agree with the OP, it's totally a 9.5/10.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rpgesus

@_mongul: lol! that is the same exact thing I thought not to mention I've heard bad reviews of the movie from critics and users on here too

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning: He can have his opinion. That doesn't make it objectively correct, however.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: It's a 9.5/10 in my opinion as it's everything I wanted from a CBM. It knows what it is and it brings joy to all of its fans. I'm sure I'l enjoy the darker tones of the DC Cinematic Universe but this film was just a treat to experience! We had Vision i all his colourful glory! It's my personal opinion, and I'm not asking you to agree with me. It's simply the film I was waiting for and more!

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: You must be fun at parties. What did you dislike about the film?

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: he's not wrong. He's "wrong".

You see, movies should be judged for what they are, and AoU is what a CBM should.
It's not a fact that the movie is good or bad. It's subjective. When a thing becomes a fact and you contest it, then yeah, you're wrong. But subjective stuff don't carry this burden.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By _Mongul

@i_am_lightning: There is objectivity when rating movies like this.

There is absolutely zero chance this movie is the same quality as, say, Schindler's List. You can subjectively like films better, but that means nothing objectively.

For instance, one of my favorite movies of all time is Hot Rod. But I'm not going to sit around and pretend it's some 9/10 film. It's like a 5/10.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Mongul

@oscars94: Haven't seen it. But I can already tell you

(1) Too many jokes

(2) Plays like a Superhero sitcom

The only thing I enjoy from the Avengers films is the action sequences.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tyger

It's interesting how the people downing the movie are the ones admitting to not having seen it.

Though I admit some disappointment going in that 'Caps Kooky Quartet' is already broken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul:

Haven't seen it. But I can already tell you

(1) Too many jokes

(2) Plays like a Superhero sitcom

The only thing I enjoy from the Avengers films is the action sequences

You see there, we have our problem. Judge the movie when you've seen it.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: I don't need to see the full film. I've seen the tone from clips and reviews. It suffers the same issues the first movie did.

You're problem is that you've just seen the movie and are operating off of hype. 9.5/10? I want you to state that AoU is the same caliber film as the greatest films in human history.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

@_mongul: that's why there are several movie reviwers. So you can choose one with a similar mindset.

Also, Erico Borgo(a respected movie critic here in Brazil, he even got to watch the movie at the premiere) objectively gave the movie a 4/5. Few movies achieved that.

That's why i say objective reviews are subjective: it's all about personal tastes.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Mongul

@i_am_lightning: So because he's a movie reviewer, his opinion is right?

Nope.

It's absolutely absurd to suggest a CBM action flick deserves anything higher than an 8/10. There is a reason CBMs never win best picture. Understand?

Are you seriously, SERIOUSLY trying to tell me that AoU is the same quality film as the greatest movies of all time?

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: so you haven't seen the movie.

(insert smug pepe)

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning: That's not an answer, is it? You have. Tell me, do you honestly believe it compared to the greatest films in history (Schindler's List, Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption)?

(Insert good boy pepe)

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: as i've, any movie can be the best movie of all time. It depends on the person. Of course it can be.

"So because he's a movie reviewer, his opinion is right?

Nope."

THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY YOU TWAT

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning: If that were true, we'd have Anchorman for Best Picture.

Come on, man. You must realize you're not making much sense. There HAS to be objectivity when judging things.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: no, because i liked them for different reasons. Doesn't mean they can't be equally good.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: not for things such as movies, music, books, etc... That's why i don't watch that Oscar horsesh*t.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Mongul

@i_am_lightning: So, in your opinion, the greatest movie of all time could be Paul Blart: Mall Cop?

Got it. Now I know what I'm dealing with.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@i_am_lightning: @oscars94: Don´t bother talking to Mongul, he has been shown to be a DC fanboy, it´s pointless arguing with him.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By those_eyes

@_mongul said:

@i_am_lightning: So, in your opinion, the greatest movie of all time could be Paul Blart: Mall Cop?

Got it. Now I know what I'm dealing with.

mongul he has a point. Movies are subjective to personal taste. I know alot of people who just dont like a certain style of movie and would prefer a different style.

For instance i know people who thinkthat paul blart movie is better than the Godfather because those tupes of people like comedies more. They have told me the Godfather doesnt interest them and is boring to them.

So i believe personal taste can influence the rating of a movie.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: If that were true, no descisions could be made ever because everybodies would be different.

There is a reason Best Picture doesn't go to CBMs or Comedies; Objectively, they can't stand up to the standards of most dramas, action-dramas, etc etc.

There HAS to be objectivity. Like I pointed out earlier, subjectively Hot Rod is one of my favorite movies of all time. Objectively, it's a pretty garbage film.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

@those_eyes: If that were true, no descisions could be made ever because everybodies would be different.

There is a reason Best Picture doesn't go to CBMs or Comedies; Objectively, they can't stand up to the standards of most dramas, action-dramas, etc etc.

There HAS to be objectivity. Like I pointed out earlier, subjectively Hot Rod is one of my favorite movies of all time. Objectively, it's a pretty garbage film.

Why do those decisions need to be made?

There can be no authority on what to think of movies, only how. Don't tell us that films are objectively better, tell us why.

Again, why?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy: These films are better because they general deal with more mature themes and involve thought. AoU is a good movie because it's fun, colorful, and people fight. Schindler's List is a great movie because it sends one through a range of emotions, makes one question human morality, and presents bigger ideas than, "Who would win???? Iron Man or Hulk????"

Again, I am saying this because it is true; There is a REASON these movies are not chosen for Best Picture. It's not always the same reason, but there is one.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I also loved the film, there were some flaws but overall I really enjoyed it. 8.4/10
Vision is by the way my new favourite MCU character.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: Why don't you just come out an say you don't like Marvel? It's ok bro no need to be upset and troll every AoU thread with your negativity. We get it you prefer DC.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@_mongul said:

@darthmummy: These films are better because they general deal with more mature themes and involve thought. AoU is a good movie because it's fun, colorful, and people fight. Schindler's List is a great movie because it sends one through a range of emotions, makes one question human morality, and presents bigger ideas than, "Who would win???? Iron Man or Hulk????"

Again, I am saying this because it is true; There is a REASON these movies are not chosen for Best Picture. It's not always the same reason, but there is one.

I agree with all of that (though in general I don't care what the Academy thinks unless it's true, and the truth can come from anywhere, not just in the form of a golden statue), and I think ratings on this site are concentrated far too heavily in the 7-10 range. All I'm saying is that you can't expect people to change their views if you beat them over the head with non-arguments.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: My top 3 CBMs has two Marvel titles, Iron Man and TWS. So I really don't understand what you mean.

@Darthmummy: Fair enough.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: Forrest Gump is one of the greatest films in human history?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: You can't really talk about judging films objectively and then name drop Forrest Gump as an all time great. Anyway, different strokes for different folks.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: Why don't you list the ways it succeeds? What makes it an all time great? What, in your opinion, makes a movie an all time great? Is it the subject matter? What subject matter does Forrest Gump deal with that makes it an all time great? How is it anything more than a romance between Jenny and Gump?

Is it the message? What is Gump's ultimate message other than "conformity and doing everything you're told to do would lead to success, anything else and you die"?

Is it the humour? How is the humour anything more than retard jokes?

Is it the overacting and the hamminess of the film?

Is it the impact? What impact has Forrest Gump had on cinema?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcus_halberstram: Forrest Grump incorporates just about everything you can fit in a film, aside from maybe horror (although war can apply for some people there).

It sends the viewer through a wide range of emotions; happiness, sadness, fear, hope, depression... It stands as the only movie I've cried during.

Annnnnnnd I just read the second part of your post. Retard jokes? You've been flagged, troll.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Loki9876

@_mongul: I agree with you 9.5 is a bit much but I also agree with other people that you come across a bit negative without seeing the film maybe it's not your deliberate but it kinda comes across trolly.

Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: There is a difference between incorporating everything and executing it perfectly. Calling Forrest Gump a war film is the same as calling Pulp Fiction a romantic comedy.

How you can call Forrest Gump anything other than a celebration of conservative values is beyond me.

Flagged for what? Pointing out that the film has retard jokes? Seriously?

Yup. I don't agree with your opinion. Definitely a troll.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sc: @saren: @bumpyboo: Can you please tell @_mongul to stop spamming Age of Ultron threads with his negativity, especially when he hasn´t even seen the movie and goes to every AOU related thread and spam negativity.