• 88 results
Avatar image for planetcaptainamerica
planetcaptainamerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Which of the two popular summer blockbusters will be better?

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

AoU will most likely be more visually grabbing.

Fukkatsu No F, may have the better story. Not really a fan of the fact they can't use actual origins in AoU.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dbz fan, but Avengers no question.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU will probably be better, but I want to see FNF more.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU will probably be better, but I want to see FNF more.

Avatar image for planetcaptainamerica
planetcaptainamerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU>RoF

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like DBZ, but I wouldn't even consider RoF a "blockbuster" compared to Age of Ultron.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revival of F hands down.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol what?

RoF isn't a blockbuster and i'm confident....well....I know it won't be as good as AoU. If the spoiler summary has any truth to it, AoU will have to do a lot wrong to be beaten by RoF.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers have no legitimate way of losing they'll make more opening weekend than DBZ will in its entirety

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Avengers have no legitimate way of losing they'll make more opening weekend than DBZ will in its entirety

lol

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinntek1 said:

@planetcaptainamerica said:

AoU will most likely be more visually grabbing.

Fukkatsu No F, may have the better story. Not really a fan of the fact they can't use actual origins in AoU.

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Better is in the eye of the fan. Bigger? Avengers crushes it.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more excited for dbz. But still hyped out of control for Avengers 2.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU obviously. I loved BoG, but even if RoF is as good(which I doubt), it still won't be as good unless Whedon messes it up.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU, no contest.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU x1000000000

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

The fact that this thread was even created is disturbing.

Avengers SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So a block buster movie or what some net anime movie of DBZ ?

If this was a Miyzaki movie maybe you could make a case hehe

AoU

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP is still grasping straws

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been a DBZ fan for a while and I thought Battle of the Gods was mediocre and disappointing. Why any fan would think that Revival of Frieza can stand up to Age of Ultron is beyond me

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm way more excited for Fukkatsu tbh.

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been a DBZ fan for a while and I thought Battle of the Gods was mediocre and disappointing. Why any fan would think that Revival of Frieza can stand up to Age of Ultron is beyond me

Couldn't say it any better

I'm way more fan of DB than anything related to Marvel (just a couple of years ago i started reading some Marvel's comics) but right now,i'm more excited for AoU than FnF...

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calling it now. The only good fight in AoU will be hulkbuster vs Hulk. Both AoU and Revival of F will have basic stories, with AoU slightly being better. Dbz will have overall better action.

I'm about equally hyped for both.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers by far

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calling it now. The only good fight in AoU will be hulkbuster vs Hulk. Both AoU and Revival of F will have basic stories, with AoU slightly being better. Dbz will have overall better action.

I'm about equally hyped for both.

Nah, after Winter Soldier and GOTG, AOU will do great on the action

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animations can't be compared to live action.

/thread

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mickey-mouse

@i_am_lightning: ??? Yes they can Akira is a better movie than any live action Comicbook film ever.

I think it's ok to compare live action to animated films. They are different, but both can be measured in acting vs voice acting, qauility of the screen visuals, and qauility of the story and script.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

@lukehero: i'm not saying that animation is inheretly poorer than all live action movies, i'm just saying they're too different to be compared.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning: I hear ya, but outside of facial inflections and body movement you can still judge them on similar scales.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers. I'd be with RoF if akira broke his usual pattern, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers. I'd be with RoF if akira broke his usual pattern, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@i_am_lightning: ??? Yes they can Akira is a better movie than any live action Comicbook film ever.

I agree

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no universe is any movie that Akira Toriyama makes superior to any movie that Joss Whedon makes. I love DBZ but this comparison is asinine.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revival of freeza. Because I've been waiting for it like 3 years

aaron15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, just..just WOW. I have never read through such an ignorant uninformed thread in my life. Lol, this crap is funny. I love how everyone is going for AoU, without even reading up on RoF. AoU will more then likely be bigger revenue wise, but dbz overall is better then Marvel. Also RoF is doing pretty damn awesome for an anime movie:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-24/dbz-resurrection-f-film-seen-1-million-times-in-7-days/.87512

So yeah i would not be so quick to say dbz will not be ''big'' next time. Actually try reading up on a movie before jumping on the hate bandwagon... Also dbz is in no way a ''net-anime''[talking to Darling_Luna], its THE biggest anime in popularity and in revenue, it was also made what 35 years ago, and its STILL going strong, stronger then any other anime. It also opened the door for a new anime genre which is still and from now on always will be in effect. DBZ has NEVER EVER been even close to being as big as ANY Marvel movie, but RoF is might actually catch up to it, as of right now we really have no clue. I also realized dbz RoF got a near perfect score on IMBD, which really does not mean much, but hey its something right? Overall though anime has never even got close to beating Marvel, but i'm hoping that RoF will at-least get close. If not actually beat it, which i doubt.

Casting aside what is bigger in revenue-wise, but storyline, characters, fight-scenes, dbz RoF wins by a long-shot. DBZ has ALWAYS been better then Marvel at story-lines. DBZ has started with db which came out in the mid 80s, and ever since then its always stayed true to its pattern and stayed on the same track, the storyline has very few plotholes and stays simple yet deep and profound,and kept its fan-base[it's REAL fan-base]. For Marvel i can't really say the same thing, Marvel released in 1934[you talk about old-school and nostalgia], and ever since then its been changing so much and so many plot-holes and crap has been put in it, and so many fans left it... It never stays true to its original pattern and it always tries to change depending on what mainstream deems ''worthy''. Actually what is really the main-point of Marvel? I mean we have hundreds of characters, and hundreds of different story-lines, several different universes, and hundreds of plot-holes and mistakes, and absolutely no consistency. It tries to look complex, yet in the end just looks stupid and childish. Exact same for DC... For the characters, i just like DBZ characters better. In db[and dbz] it was always about friendship and team-work, and the relationships in dbz/db are simply lovable. Even though people say dbz is only ''Goku, Goku and more Guku'', dbz has NEVER been like that. Goku actually only ever defeats the villain because of his friends[or everyone in the spirit-bomb case]... Frieza was the ONLY villain in dbz history[not including the movies] that Goku beat entirely by himself. And even that can be argued, considering the fact that Goku only went SSJ because Krillin died...-_-

For fight scenes, i would always use to say Marvel, because Marvel has always had better fight scenes then DBZ, but in this case i can't really say that. Ever since Battle of Gods[dbz film before this one], the fight scenes in this franchise have really evolved, and when i say evolved i mean REALLY evolved, it was if i was actually watching the best martial artists in the world fight it out, and even better then that. It was like a superman+martial arts film lol, imagine watching the superman film[the latest one] with martial arts added in, lol...Thats how BOG felt, but even better... But even then Marvel STILL won simply because it had MORE fight scenes, not necessarily better, but in RoF theres way more then just 1 fight scene, probably just as much as AoU has, so yeah, you can figure the rest out yourself....

Graphics and Visuals easily go to RoF, animation in dbz has always been a problem. But once again in Battle of Gods, everything changed. The animation was simply AMAZING in BOG, the textures and everything were simply amazing visually. And in RoF...Its waaay bettter, so don't even get me started... In the end though you can NOT compare which has better graphics because its a matter of preference. I personally enjoy cartoon over real life action, but hey everyone is different, so thats pretty much it.

Just to wrap this rant up, i would like to add just 1 last thing. Simply watch what you wanna watch more. If you like Marvel then go watch AoU. If you like DBZ, then go watch RoF, if you like both, then watch both like i will do... No need to hate on either film, if you like it then watch it if you don't then simply don't watch it... Both movies are amazing and awesome! But personally i'm just more hyped for RoF... And please do not even try to hate on Akira Toriyama, hes the legend himself who transformed anime....-.- Also dbz RoF will be more exciting.. We already know the end of AoU, for those of you who read the comic books for AoU, so yeah... And EVERY dbz fan has been awaiting Frieza's return, he is the BEST villain in dbz/db history, and hes so fucking awesome. It would only make sense for him to want to return and get his revenge on Goku and rebuild his once MIGHTY empire...

Also please do not be some jerk, and post spoilers for RoF[because they have already surfaced online]...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By infantfinite128

I can't stand Joss Whedon so I have no interest in Avengers, but it might be better than FnF. I love Dragon Ball to death, but the series jumped the shark after Vegeta suicide-bombed Boo (Final Atonement). I'm still excited for the movie, but I can't expect much since everything has to wrap up nice to fit with the Epilogue and you can't do much with 90 minutes with the loose writing of Toriyama. He writes with the intention that little kids are going to be watching and inspired by Goku getting stronger. Not to say that Avengers is more adult by any means. In the first movie, The Avengers act like little children and need to be told to play nice by Nick Fury to fight a guy with a magical stick that wants to take over the world. Sure Tony has devoted his whole life to helping people after finding out his weapons were hurting innocents. Sure Steve worked his whole life to be a soldier, lost a bunch of friends in battle, and lived through Nazis. Lets not forget Thor who lost so many comrades in battle defending his homeland and defending Earth. The guy is a warrior! Oh and Bruce Banner, a guy who sacrifices everything so people won't be in the way of harm. These guys needed a little geeky fanboy to motivate them to help people. I could be wrong because scary power ranger alien telling Loki about "Pain" was pretty scary.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kyrees

all personal opinion and frankly, you being the long voice of opposition here doesn't prove anything at all because it doesn't change the fact that freeza is used as bland stepping stone to ramp up the story.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBZ is a cancer that needs to be wiped out along with its annoying fan base. Lmfao this thread is a joke. Obviously the answer is AoU.

aaron15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By aaron15

@buttersdaman000

Why are you saying ''LOL''? Care to explain? Or are you just some 9 year old douchebag who laughs at everything they do not understand...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aaron15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol once again more ignorance: ''I love Dragon Ball to death, but the series jumped the shark after Vegeta suicide-bombed Boo (Final Atonement). I'm still excited for the movie, but I can't expect much since everything has to wrap up nice to fit with the Epilogue and you can't do much with 90 minutes with the loose writing of Toriyama. He writes with the intention that little kids are going to be watching and inspired by Goku getting stronger.'' Lol, wtf are you talking about? If you did your research you would not have put that comment..-.- The movie is 2 hours -.- and it was not made to ''wrap up a epilogue'' it was actually made to lay the foundation for the new dbz series coming this summer: Dragon Ball Super[and yes its being monitored by Akira Toriyama , don't believe me? Heres the link: copy and paste it in your browser and go to the link:

www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/479734/scitech/geeksandgaming/new-dragonball-anime-coming-to-japan-this-july

And where are you getting the opinion that it is ''made for little kids'' DBZ has never been for kids, it has cussing, perverted jokes, revealing clothes on females who have quite big breasts, and lots of violence.... Also ANYONE who says RoF is in any way ''childish'' are talking out of their ass. You will not even understand the movie if you didn't watch BOG AND read the RoF manga[the first or second chapter], and even if you did all of that you still won't understand it unless you followed up on ALL the information which explained things like this: Why Goku no longer needs SSJ2 and 3, Why Frieza[or Freeza however you want to spell it] is above the level of a SSJG now, why Whis is training Vegeta and Goku, Who is Jaco the Patrolman and why is he in the movie- if you do not understand these things about the movie, and go watch it, you will just be mindlessly watching a screen with flashing lights -.- Which means that some kid[or little kid in your case] is not really getting any substance OR enjoyment out of the movie, rather then an adult dbz fan watching it, they will get MAXIMUM enjoyment and substance and will actually UNDERSTAND the jokes and UNDERSTAND the movie.....-.- Also go on youtube, a lot of adult dbz fans are actually very excited for RoF... If you are watching a movie while understanding absolutely nothing then you are really NOT WATCHING THE MOVIE, you are looking at a screen with flashing lights for 2 hours in this case....

Also NO Frieza being brought back was not in any way ''bland'' it was definitely a awesome stepping stone for the story-line: served as a continuity to BOG[uses the same characters that were introduced in BOG, and goes deeper into the god concept, etc.], It also served as a answer for all the fans[which was like 80% of the community] that demanded Frieza to come back[if you think about the plot it makes perfect sense, and really is awesome], and last but CERTAINLY not least, it lays the foundation for the new series that is coming this summer.

Also just to let everyone know, AT definitely broke his usual pattern with this movie, just watch it and you will EXACTLY what i mean..

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kyrees

@thewarangel88: beerus has better introduction to the series than freeza being returned back to life because beerus introduced the concept of god ki and gods of destruction while freeza's return only showcased the application of god ki into saiyan forms, not to mention that freeza's new form has a massive drawback that practically made him into a fodder by the end of the movie.

you can defend the movie plotwise but that doesn't change the fact that freeza was fodder again by the end of the movie and dragonball has a very low batting average on their concepts of returning villians. you want to tell us on our "ignorance" ? do tell me how the 2nd return of broly, bio broly and mech cooler were flawless character expositions and good plotwise ?

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By houseshm

@kyrees: How is freeza returned to fodder. He is the third if no the second strongest in the mulitverse after whis and bills. He was stronger than the blue god forms

Really comparing a live action movie with $250,000,000 for a budget and a sequel

to a animated movie with a budget of $5 million.

There different mediums that you cant really compare

A fair comparison is avengers cartoons

I dont see any other comics animated films getting world premiers and making millions

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm said:

How is freeza returned to fodder. He is the third if no the second strongest in the mulitverse after whis and bills. He was stronger than the blue god forms

do you really want me to reveal why golden freeza lost to SSGSSJ vegeta ?

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@houseshm said:

How is freeza returned to fodder. He is the third if no the second strongest in the mulitverse after whis and bills. He was stronger than the blue god forms

do you really want me to reveal why golden freeza lost to SSGSSJ vegeta ?

His stamina ran out, I already know the plot, after fodderizing SSGSSJ Goku, frieza could not keep his golden form which is when vegeta starting beating him