Avengers: Age of Ultron - Rotten Tomatoes 84%

• 54 results
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The reviews for Age of Ultron are already online and it seems like Whedon did it again, he made an incredibly good movie with amazing effects that will please almost everyone.

This rating may change when the movie comes out and more people write their reviwes, so this score could change. I´ll update it if anything changes. Take a look at some of the little reviews made in Rotten Tomatoes.

- Even though moviegoers looking for nonstop action will get their wish, Avengers: Age of Ultron is really at its best when it's focusing on the characters.

- Marvel's latest is its biggest, baddest installment yet, but it's the little moments that make it work - in part, because Joss Whedon is so good at them.

- It's hard not to admire how efficiently and enjoyably the myriad elements have been threaded together; Age of Ultron is a suitably well-oiled machine with an insatiable appetite for family friendly destruction.

- Avengers: Age of Ultron is a perfect example of the kind of crowd-pleasing blockbuster that audiences expect in this day and age, though I don't think it will achieve classic-status like the first film.

- Whedon weaves theses titanic characters and egos together to bind the bloated universe into a Long Island Iced Tea; the more you savour, the more you come to appreciate all the powerful and seemingly conflicting elements and motivations working together.

It also has an 8.9 grade on IMDB which is actually higher than most movies get on that website, so I am really excited to see the movie, this next week is going to´pass slow as hell.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So we live in a world where Avengers gets a higher score than Whiplash...

*Sigh*

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: You haven´t even seen the movie, you don´t know if it´s better or worse than Whiplash.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I can already say without a doubt it is not better than Whiplash.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive read like 4-5 reviews bashing the movie....

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Most of the reviews I have seen are good ones.

- IGN

- Rotten Tomatoes

- IMDB

- Metacritic

All these gave good reviews.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds worth watching; In a way I'm eager to see it, and on one side I don't want to get my hopes up.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: i wouldnt trust those based on their other reviews but thats just me....havent seen it so idk yet

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Sure I can. Watch;

"Age of Ultron is not better than Whiplash".

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By legacy6364

Rotten Tomatoes don't matter.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: @rpgesus: Honestly, I never trust most reviews until I see the movie myself and then see other´s people thoughts about the movie.

For example, I absolutely loved Interstellar and everybody I know loved it, yet it had 72% on Rotten Tomatoes, that´s bullsh*t.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: @rpgesus: Honestly, I never trust most reviews until I see the movie myself and then see other´s people thoughts about the movie.

For example, I absolutely loved Interstellar and everybody I know loved it, yet it had 72% on Rotten Tomatoes, that´s bullsh*t.

Yeah, RT critics do drop the ball a lot. I tend to trust user/audience scores and reviews more than critics anyways.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

1st of all this film will not be better than whiplash. No cbm is.

But youre leaving out the dozens of negative reviews. Yes they are mostly positive, but it isn't as unanimous as usual. you must not have looked very hard, because on the first page of rotten tomato reviews, there is a review that reads "a $250 million pile of poo." Plus the percentage is just based on whether or not critics recommend seeing it. The actual score is listed above. I believe AoU has a 7.2 right now (Avengers 1 got an 8.)

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Claymore1998

YaY!!

Go Avengers Age of Ultron.. be an awesome movie ^_^

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I'm even more excited.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@eyedcyou: also consider the fact that really the positive reviews I'm seeing are just highlighting action or almost seem to be saying "more of the same"

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YaY!!

Go Avengers Age of Ultron.. be an awesome movie ^_^

Have you seen it yet?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: nope I haven't. We are going to watch it on Sunday 8.10 pm.

Super excited though ^_^

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: nope I haven't. We are going to watch it on Sunday 8.10 pm.

Super excited though ^_^

Sunday? dont you live in the US? how are you getting to see it on Sunday? :O

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

It deserves 84%, I'd say that's about spot-on, I thought it was great.

There were some issues, but overall definitely a great addition to the MCU.

Biggest qualm was that some parts felt rushed, you could feel that details and character beats were glossed over leaving some plot holes, especially in Thor's subplot. I hope a three and a half hour director's cut will rectify that.

Overall though it was a real rollercoaster ride, just a great film.

Oh, and Hawkeye really got his, definitely the best character in the movie.

Viking_Funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I'm going to see it tonight.

I don't put a lot of faith into reviews, but the %ages do help give a general feeling of how something will turn out.

@_mongul said:

So we live in a world where Avengers gets a higher score than Whiplash...

*Sigh*

Who cares? The scores are meaningless, except for a general perception of how a subset of people felt about a movie. I mean, Paddington is at 98%. Does that honestly make it movie of the year? No, of course not.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@theblondegod: Hahaha im not a movie critic but I will post something that one of my friend in facebook post. Disclaimer this is not me alright. By the way this person has a Degree in literature.

No Caption Provided

*Flies away*

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblondegod: Hahaha im not a movie critic but I will post something that one of my friend in facebook post. Disclaimer this is not me alright. By the way this person has a Degree in literature.

No Caption Provided

*Flies away*

Oh him. Oh the hidden swear word.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Marvel has done it again. Not surprised. ^_^

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I saw and i liked it. Deserves an 8.4 out of 10. I won't go into it too much. Yes, there are some flaws but overall good movie.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: Whiplash has a 95% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

tl;dr

I read AoU was much more thematically complicated than The Avengers was, so that could account for the lower ratings from the public.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: ... yeah it's not going to be better than Whiplash. Whiplash is better than any Superhero film.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gracetrack

On Rotten Tomatoes, the first Avengers film had a 92% and Man of Steel a 55%, and I enjoyed both films equally but for different reasons.

People have different tastes and reviews can end up being swayed heavily by preconceived notions about how a movie "should be"... before ever stepping into a theater.

I'm looking forward to Age of Ultron.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should wait until it releases WorldWide because they score is going to fluctuate for a while until it releases.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, what's with the haters?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_stegman  Moderator

1 more week for me...

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers AOU opening same weekend as Free Comic Book Day, surely the comic gods are smiling down upon us.

The Golden Age has come again!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biggest qualm was that some parts felt rushed, you could feel that details and character beats were glossed over leaving some plot holes, especially in Thor's subplot. I hope a three and a half hour director's cut will rectify that.

Hey man, so you´ve seen the movie I suppose.

How was Ultron ? An addition to Marvel´s bad streak of villains, or an addition to the good ones.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

How was Ultron ? An addition to Marvel´s bad streak of villains, or an addition to the good ones.

Overall good, though I think he could've done with less snark, Whedon often implants that same sarcasm into characters it has no business being in. He's a decent villain, but not up there with the best CBM villains.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@rogueshadow said:

Overall good, though I think he could've done with less snark, Whedon often implants that same sarcasm into characters it has no business being in. He's a decent villain, but not up there with the best CBM villains.

Yeah, the snarkiness we can expect it because of Whedon, but outside of that, was he a good villain ? A threatening one ?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@thor_parker82 said:

@rogueshadow said:

Yeah, the snarkiness we can expect it because of Whedon, but outside of that, was he a good villain ? A threatening one ?

I sort of felt sorry for him, he was like a child in some ways and he genuinely seemed capable of empathy.

He was definitely threatening, especially in his final form he was incredibly imposing, there's a bit where Ultron's looking down on Tony at eight feet tall and just dwarfs him, he gets seriously bulky at the end and I literally uttered, 'oh f*ck,' in the cinema.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82 said:

@rogueshadow said:

@thor_parker82 said:

@rogueshadow said:

I sort of felt sorry for him, he was like a child in some ways and he genuinely seemed capable of empathy.

He was definitely threatening, especially in his final form he was incredibly imposing, there's a bit where Ultron's looking down on Tony at eight feet tall and just dwarfs him, he gets seriously bulky at the end and I literally uttered, 'oh f*ck,' in the cinema.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmn, this next week is going to be slow as hell, I can´t wait to see the movie.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It deserves 95 IMO.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rogueshadow  Moderator

@thor_parker82: Yeah, IIRC, you see a shadow appear over Tony and he turns around to see his final form for the first time. Then they undercut themselves though because Tony cracks a joke, it's that kind of sh*t I hope the Russo's rectify in Infinity War.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Of course there are negative reviews, but the positive ones are a lot more. Most of the reviews and users that have complaints on the movie are the usual complaints DC fans/fanboys have on the MCU, "too much comedy", "one liners", "just action, no plot" (this last one could be applied to any modern movie honestly).

But then you have the positive reviews and they actually explain why the movie was great. Take a look at these reviews from IMDB

- Yes, the Avengers Age of Ultron is a dream come true. This is exactly the sequel to a great film that we have been dreaming about. It's superb on every single level. It honestly has no real flaws that I could see. How great does a movie have to be given the inherent difficulties in making a film like this in the first place? Writer/director Joss Whedon did an admirable job of balancing the screen time of the sprawling and expanding cast.

As for the new characters, I loved what they did with The Vision and how they did it. The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver — aka, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff are amazing as well. Wanda's psychic powers are much more complicated and empathetic then I expected them to be. What I love about Wanda is that she physically goes through emotional trauma when she uses certain powers and we as the audience go with her on that emotional journey. Like just about everything this film, that really packs a punch.

Marvel's done a great of making its superhero movies about the title characters more than the villains. In both team films now, the bad guy has stepped up and been phenomenal. Both films delivered true treats. This movie actually tops the first in scope and drama and that's in no small part to a superb villain. I feel that Ultron tops any bad guy since Darth Vader himself. His presence, manipulation and motivation leads to the best action sequences ever put to film. It also leads to an intriguing story and remarkable performances as this fine cast is allowed to flex their emotional muscles as well as their superhero muscles.

I can say without hesitation that movies just don't get better than this one sequel or otherwise.

- Avengers age of Ultron is by far the best Marvel movie to date. It has all the elements of the first movie, but steps it up in the action, character and dialog. I went into this movie with very unrealistically high expectations. So when I saw this movie, I was very worried but excited.

All the cast from the previous Avengers movie all reprise their roles. Robert Downey Juinor was amazing as Ironman. Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth were both great as Captain America and the mighty Thor. Scarlett Johanson was brilliant as Black Widow and was even more bad-ass in this movie, than any of her other films. Her role was substantially bigger this time around. This can also be said about Hawkeye, who's role was way bigger in this movie. In fact, Hawkeye even has some of the best lines and the best action sequences. Mark ruffilo was once again amazing as Hulk and Bruce Banner. The one character that stole the show, would be James Spader. He embodies an evil AI robot perfectly. He can be really calm and yet menacing and sometimes he can be full of rage and anger. Aron Taylor Johnson and Elisibeth Olsin are also a great new edition to the marvel universe. The scarlet Witch character has a big part in the film also.

The action has been dialed up and the set pieces are bigger and better. The cgi can seem a little off at times, but other than that, it looks fantastic.

The movie also spends time on the relationships and past of some characters, which leads to some great character moments. This is much more emotional, than the first movie. I would defiantly say that this movie is better than the first Avengers Movie!

- The humor, angst and drama are remarkable for a superhero film. In fact, most will consider them remarkable for any type of movie. I can't think of a weak moment in the film, as it is strong from beginning to end.

Anyone doubting that this entire cast (new and old) couldn't work well together or that characters would be cheated out of screen time need not worry. EVERYONE gets to shine. Downey as well as Evans are Oscar caliber good in this movie. (Setting up what has to be an amazing next installment in "Civil War") All the performances are straight to the point perfect. Hulk is again perfect in his CG transformation and Spader's Ultron uses his wonderful voice and mannerisms to perfection. Each new character is exquisitely cast and the old school guard has never been better. That includes RDJ as Tony Stark. We all loved what we've seen before from him and this evolution of Stark is even more intriguing. Elizabeth Olsen gives one of the best new character portrayals in recent years. People are going to want to see a LOT more of her Scarlet Witch in the future. Also, Jeremy Renner is finally given Hawkeye material worthy of his abilities and worthy of the character itself. He truly does steal more than one scene and has some of the best one-liners imaginable.

This easily fulfilled and the exceeded all of my expectations. I can't wait to see where they branch the Avengers team and concept from this point forward. There are so many great possibilities. This really is everything anyone would want in a movie. It delivers everything I had hoped to see and quite a bit that I didn't even think possible.

- Let's just get straight to point here, Avengers Age of Ultron is the best marvel movie to date. You can make a strong argument for it being the best superhero movie of all time. Yes it's really that good.

The plot line was very intriguing. It was far from the cliché superhero story. The script was funny and very witty. Joss Whedon did a wonderful job, it's a shame that he won't be directing the next 2 avengers films. The only upside is that he will be still there as a producer for phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This story really sets up phase 3 and one of the most anticipated movies of 2016, Captain America: Civil War. My one regret in terms of the story is that it could be slightly longer, even though the entire film ran smoothly. I would have still liked to see more of the movie, I guess we will have to wait for the DVD release to see some extra scenes.

All the actors, unsurprisingly, played their roles superbly. Robert Downey jr again played the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, which we all love. This performance just adds to the argument that he is Iron Man. Chris Evan always brings a sense of honesty and heart to the role of Captain America. Scarlet Johansson again showed us that a male isn't the only one who can be a badass that young boys look up to. Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Cobie Smulders, Paul Bettany, Don Cheadle and Anthony Mackie all reprised their roles wonderfully and each one of them added an extra dimension to their character. The newcomers Thomas Kretschmann, Andy Serkis, Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson were all great additions to the already extremely talented and lively cast. However the newcomer that stole the show was clearly James Spader. His intimidating robotic voice really brought the character to life and added sense of realism, in an otherwise unbelievable character. He brought our future fears (from terminator) of an AI trying to wipe out humanity. Marvel are not known for their memorable super villains, in fact they're known for the opposite of this, but this villain is up there with Loki, Ultron is one of the more terrifying and surprisingly relatable/understandable villains in the MCU. The cast really gel well as a unit and you'll be thinking that these actors grew up with each other, after you've seen the movie. The chemistry between everyone holds the film together.

The action in the movie, let's just make this quick, was mind blowing. For anyone who's seen the trailers, you will already know that the action shown was amazing. For any of you that think that they've showed too much or every action piece, from the movie, in the trailers, you couldn't be more wrong. When you watch the movie you'll notice that the action scenes are orchestrated beautifully and that every character has upped their game since the last time we saw them on screen, especially Captain America. This is a big budget movie and this is clearly shown in the stunts and the action sequences. The movie was shot all over the world this time and that helps to show that these group of people don't just fight for one nation but the world. The locations were beautiful and i will always prefer a real natural set over a green screen.

This movie was a fantastic treat to watch and it's really a shame that this movie wasn't longer, so that we could all enjoy it for 20-30 minutes more. I had high expectations coming into the theatre and when I left, I was more than satisfied. This movie will be enjoyed by people of all ages, it's got cool action for the kids and the plot is more than interesting enough to hold the attention of the adults. This movie delivers on all levels and can be considered as one of the best, if not the best movie of all time. It's clearly the best movie in the past few years. P.S. Stay for after the movie ends for a treat for phase 3.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Thor-Parker

@rogueshadow: Yeah, I love the MCU but they really need to stop with so much comedy.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Yeah, I love the MCU but they really need to stop with so much comedy.

It's more about putting it where it doesn't belong in characters it doesn't belong with. TWS and Iron Man have a lot of comedy, but it always felt appropriate. I mean, back in Iron Man, Tony really doesn't wisecrack that much when he's fighting Obadiah or terrorists, they need to get back to that. It's most apparent with Whedon. It doesn't bother me as much as it does a lot of people honestly, but it is a persistent issue that should be addressed.

When Thanos shows up I want sh*t to get real.