• 54 results
Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 0

"Keep your friends rich, and your enemies rich, and then find out which is which" -Ultron

When the first Avengers movie came out, it was one of the greatest moments in a comic book fans life. Seeing all these iconic heroes come together, in a shared universe, on screen was one of the greatest cinematic spectacles ever. Sure, it was a heart-warming superhero film with some one-liners, but it understood what it was and what story it wanted to tell, and because of that, us fans got two and a half hours of pure fun and joy. However, what the first Avengers movie managed to accomplish was so great that it set a serious standard for not only superhero movies, but Blockbuster actions flicks in general. Now, I had no doubt that I'd love the second Avengers movie, but I was seriously skeptical if it could measure up to the first one, considering that it seemed jam-packed with a lot of different concepts, characters, plot-points and so on and on. Plus, some questionable decisions before the trailers were even unveiled which sort of discouraged me. Having said all that, I'm happy to say that AoU is not only better than the first Avengers in my personal opinion, but it's my favorite superhero movie to date (I consider the Nolan trilogy to be a bit beyond superhero movies at this point, so they don't count).

First and foremost, my biggest fear was that the Avengers movie would go down with the same formula, and while it does obviously maintain some familiar elements, it manages to evolve and learn from it's previous shortcomings, even if they were minor one's. For example, while in the previous films some characters like Clint were neglected for the most part, due to the larger focus placed on other characters, this time around almost every integral character receives some sort of development, despite the insane amount of content crammed into this movie. It never feels like one thing is being sacrificed for another. What I mean is that the movie is subtle in it's developments. The problem with a shared universe is that sometimes, writers know you don't understand certain stories you plan on telling, so they use other movies within this universe to explore certain elements and promote the stories they are about to tell. Whedon doesn't do this, instead, he carefully lays out the themes for the future that WORK contextually within the story currently being told. We know that there's soon to be a Civil War movie involving Iron Man and Captain America, but what sparks this, yet small, conflict between Tony and Steve is the reasons behind Ultrons creating, meaning that it not only hints future events, but it also develops the main story in Age Of Ultron.

And speaking of character evolution, as I said, almost every integral character gets a decent amount of screen time. Whedon found a very decent way to utilize every character in one way or the other. There's a certain moment in the movie where everything takes a turn for the better (for the viewers, that is). Lets just say there's something that happens, which basically jump starts individual character segments that both explore separate elements of the each protagonist, but also tie and coverage within the AoU plot perfectly. Thor, for one, is much more down to earth and "human. Instead of some foreign, alien being, he feels like a friend to the Avengers, not to mention that he is a lot wiser and helps move the plot forward instead of just standing there looking tough and "mighty", which, while cool on it's own, isn't enough anymore. I had my gripes with the direction they were taking with Natasha and Bruce, but after giving it some thought, it made a lot of sense, within the cinematic universe, of course. Since the movie has been out for a while, I don't see why it's too much to talk about why the relationship works. I see it this way, both characters have gone through some serious life-changing experiences that sort of inadvertently "unleashes" a very dangerous force. For Widow, it was her life as an assassin and emotionless killer, whereas for Bruce, it's his life as the Hulk. It seems like a "beauty and the beast" kind of ordeal, but it's more like two unwilling monsters meeting and understanding each other. Also, as a huge Hulk fan, I was immensely pleased with his portrayal. Bruce has adapted a more confident and determined personality, which I much enjoyed. Sure, most of the time he seems like a nervous dork who tries to keep to himself, but there are certain moments were you get a peak at an angry Bruce Banner, which seems quite intimidating. That's quite the compliment, given that this is the same man who can transform in to a 2 ton engine of destruction. I plan on discussing how Hulk was portrayed, but it feels more appropriate if we talk about him when discussing the action sequences. Also, I'd like to give a special shutout for Hawkeye and the Twins. While, as I said, Hawkeye was second fiddle in the first Avengers, he's kind of the conscious glue that holds everyone together. In many ways, he's the heart of the show, which I found to be both surprising and amazing. What makes his character development greater is that he sort of serves as gateway to explore the personality of the twins, since he is the one to have the most interaction with them.

As for now, lets get into the more "synthetic" aspect of the movie. Given that there have been many MCU films so far, we've had are fare share of colorful villains. However, not a lot of them really stood out for me. That's not to say that the actors portraying them are bad, nor does it mean that there were't any good villains, but sadly, most of the phase two bad guys like Ronin and Malekith weren't all that memorable, mostly because the lacked any layers. Loki may not have been powerful, but he was well developed and interesting. He was a developing characters just as much as Tony Stark, or Thor, per say, which made him stand out. He had charm, is what I'm trying to see. Same goes for Obediah Stane from Iron Man and Wilson Fisk from the Daredevil TV show. These guys were layered and complex, and were just as important as the main heroes. So I'm happy to say James Spader absolutely killed it as Ultron.

I'm not sure why people have a problem with how Ultron was portrayed.Was giving him a personality a bad idea? As far as I know, he's always been more human than machine, and given that he was essentially created by Stark, it's not all that shocking he'd mirror Tony's personality. Ultron was a character, and not some ominous monster who appeared here and there, did something "evil" and then took off. We got to see his side of the story. Ultron was the kind of villain you just enjoy watching, only unlike Loki, he can carry some serious presence. He was creepy, calculating, smart and sadistic, all of which was enforced by James Spaders terrific acting and fantastic voice. What I found particularly interesting was that Ultron was never a Stark villain, despite his origins and development. In fact, my fears that he would remain in Iron Man's shadow never came to fruition. Instead, he was kind of the nemesis of his own creation, Vision, who by the way is one of the coolest additions to the roster. Sure, he's new and doesn't get the same level of screen time, but when he does appear, he literally steals the show. He's so different and similar to Ultron that you can't help but like the guy. Ultron is the personification of human produced death and destruction, where as Vision represents life and prosperity. This dichotomy and opposition between two integral characters leads to some seriously memorable and beautiful moments.

My only true problem with Ultron, and this seems to be Whedons crutch, is that he wasn't all that powerful. He was though, sure, but having an iconic villain like that in a movie does kind of give a fan hope that there will be a huge brawl between all of the Avengers and the main bad guy. It was clear that Ultron wouldn't really last in that kind of fight. They gave him a different KIND of menacing power, which worked in it's own way, but still, I think the first option would have been better.

That's not to say that the action in this movie wasn't amazing, quite the contrary, it was fantastic. The Hulk vs Hulkbuster fight scene was, without a doubt, my favorite comic book movie fight scene, hands down, and there are quite a few reasons for that. First of all, the tone of the fight was balanced, and this extends to the whole movie to be quite honest. You knew the stakes and the seriousness of the threat. The writers never denied us the chance to laugh and have fun, but we knew when things got serious, and I liked that. It never felt that the movie was sacrificing story for the sake of delivering the punchline, and the Hulk vs Iron man fight was a testament to that. I loved the last battle in the first movie, but apparently, a lot of people died in that fight, and it never occurred to us because the tone was light-hearted and fun, which is fine, if it's consistent with the movie, but this time around you feel that there's some serious damage being done. Hulk lost control, and he was manipulated into hurting a lot of people. This is a good way to develop Hulks individual character, and the end of the fight showed us how the Jade giant truly thought of his actions. You can see the regret and sadness in his face, and as a huge Hulk fan, you can understand why I was personally touched by this scene. Hulk couldn't have gotten a lot of screen, but when he did show up, he had key moments of development and character evolution. Secondly, the choreography is absolutely brilliant. You can literally feel the weight and power of these two characters as the bash it out on each other. I wish Hulk would use more of his signature moves, but given his condition, it was a smart move to make him fight like a mindless monster, as having Hulk utilize other branches of his power would demean Iron Mans only true advantage, which was his intellect. And with that said, you can definitely feel who was stronger in the fight. No matter what Iron Man threw at the Hulk, the big guy kept coming back and nothing seemed to slow him down, which made me insanely happy. Tony did get more hits in, but he was still shown to be the underdog throughout the whole brawl.

But as much as I personally enjoyed this fight, the final battle was just as breathtaking. I can't say much without spoiling it, but know this. You can feel how serious the situation is, and it's a true wonder to see these avengers work so well with one another. You can tell that they have legitimately come a very long way after the events of the first film, and seeing them work so well in synch with one another not only brought forth some fantastic sequences, but also brought a genuine smile to my gloomy, angry face.

It feels like I should say a few words about the story, but I feel like I've spoiled a lot as it is, so without going into to much detail, the plot is very complicated but it works out very well. The plot is very character driven, and while it feels as if it's trying to tell individual stories, Whedon manages to balance it out by making it relevant to the main narrative, as well as subplots, which, by the way, is a pretty amazing feat given that there are so many things happening at the same time. Unfortunately, There is one huge glaring plot hole, or better Dues Ex Machina moment, which for some odd reason NO one has mentioned yet. I understand why they did it, but seriously, they could have gone with a completely different route that would have made much more sense both story and context wise. I mean, a SHIELD "spaceship" just pops up after SHIELD was successfully destroyed and no one notices this? Fury gives like a one word explanation for this and then it's literally never touched upon. They could have had the starkbots help or something along thous lines. It would have made more sense, since we've SEEN that Stark had been developing crowd control measures.

In conclusion, Age of Ultron had a lot to live up to, and if this were a test, I'd say it passed with flying colors. The second installment is well acted, written, directed, choreographed and balanced. Even if you don't like it more than the first one, it has enough action and fun that I'm sure at least the majority will enjoy it very much. I've seen the movie twice already, and I'm sure I'll probably see it a couple of more times as well. Yes, it was that good.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Great work, TAS!

- TAS

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Awesome review! You just made me want to see it even more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great work, TAS!

- TAS

That's my bro fist, by the way. And Thanks, guys!

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: remember when people said that shockwave was weak? Man i almost bursted out laughing because of how powerful it was.

Great movie, great review :)

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Good revoew and good movie. Still think Ultron was a pretty lame villain. Certain Deaths were un needed and were their for shock factor. Wasn't much lead up to civil War unlike other movies. While Vision was cool I felt the whole Mijnoir scene's were more for comedy.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'd give the film a 6/10, above average (same as the first one).

However, Tony making constant quips while he was fighting Hulk completely killed the atmosphere of the fight and actually annoyed me.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull I'm not sure why people have a problem with how Ultron was portrayed.Was giving him a personality a bad idea? As far as I know, he's always been more human than machine, and given that he was essentially created by Stark, it's not all that shocking he'd mirror Tony's personality.

Yeah, this is something I notice a lot that is kind of strange. I assume that a lot of fans that may not be to privy to the Avengers comics, or, are just new to the material might think this due to the way Ultron has been depicted in something like Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes, where he was just kind of a cold, soulless robot. Which is a fine depiction of him, and it actually gives him the feel a of being a unique threat when being compared to other Avengers villains......but, in the actual comics, especially the stuff from the 70s that heavily influenced Whedon, Ultron did have a very humanistic, contemptuous personality. I thought he and Vision, despite having different origins, were pretty accurate, even down to Ultrons ultimate endgame.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd give the film a 6/10, above average (same as the first one).

However, Tony making constant quips while he was fighting Hulk completely killed the atmosphere of the fight and actually annoyed me.

Not to me, I think people are judging the film too harshly, some go as far to say Man of Steel was better.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helmutzemo: what a retarded comment lmao so if someone doesnt feel the same way about a below average film as you they're trolling?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MAZAHS117

Awesome review. Pretty much agree with all this. My only gripes were 1) the Thor cave/water scene: I somewhat understood it but it did seem kinda random and perhaps because there's stuff they had to cut out for the stake of shorting the film, perhaps we'll see more on the BLU-Ray 2) I felt they could done a little to more to build up Civil War and the growing divide in the relationship between Stark and Cap: The wood chopping scene was good, but it seemed to me like everything went right back to normal between the two when they could've left a good awkward uneasy stigma between the them like "we have to work together to stop Ultron, but I REALLY don't can't trust/stand you" 3) Ultron: I felt he started out truly menacing and creepy but then by films end not so much. Though Spader did a great job, but by the end of the film I just didn't find him as menacing ...idk, maybe after a second viewing I'll feel differently.

Overall I'd give it a 8.5-9/10. The expansion on Hawkeye's character, the party scene at Avengers tower, the Banner/Widow scenes, that Hulk vs Hulkbuster throwdown, The Vision, all the Avengers vs the Ultron drones and that mid-credits scene were all highlights for me!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

I agree, awesome movie, but with flaws. Hulk vs Hulkbuster scene was amazing, I'll have to see it at home before I can label it as my favourite, but it's definitely a contender. I agree, I don't get why people think HB was handling Hulk, to me, it was clear that Banner was winning that eventually.

I agree, Ultron was powerful, but I think the film lacked a scene that really cemented his power and raised the stakes.

To me, they should have had a rehash of the group shot from the Avengers, wherein they all attack Ultron, but invert and have them flat out lose to Ultron.

The film never had that 'all is lost' moment which I think it would have benefitted from.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people are getting their reviews wrong but I liked yours

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Good stuff!

And I agree. AoU was better than the original avengers.

And it had to be because the WOW factor of bringing the heroes together in the MCU has been lost at this point.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent review.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaand this is why I followed you.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great review, this is an awesome movie, and Ultron was amazing.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great reveiw.

Only things I disagree with are the atmosphere and jokes.

I never really felt an active threat in the film, besides perhaps the very last half hour.

Waaaaay too many jokes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, constantly making jokes of all your characters makes the entire film seem less serious, and removes me from the immersion.

Oh, and the entire Banner/Nat subplot was 100% unneeded. It was just cringeworthy and awkward.

Overall I'd say the film was nothing groundbreaking, but it was good. I'd buy it on DvD.

6.5/10

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

good review.

I thought it was great. nothing more. Didn't really blow me away

~MiB

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think a lot of the negative reviews are from people who expected way too much from this movie. If you look at it realistically the first Avengers movie was a good popcorn movie and a set up for other things and thats exactly what this movie was too.

Why can't a movie just be entertaining? Why does it have to be high art to be good now days?

If you didn't enjoy it thats fine, but I just wish people would remember that just like the first movie, it gave us exactly what the trailers advertised. Plus Vision in full ass kicking traffic light suit glory makes it worth the price of admission alone.

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree with you and i loved the movie even more than the first and its probably my favorite marvel movie to date. But to me hulkbuster did win the fight and I don't think you can say he didn't when he got more hits him and when he hit him hulk went flying and he even knocked out a tooth and he knocked him out. I think the fight was close and hulk might eventually win but not in that fight

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a great movie, for sure. It wasn't anything so epic that I felt like a wanted to see it again in theaters, but that's a short list. Winter Soldier, Spider-Man 1 & 2, Iron Man, X-Men 2, all of the Dark Knight films; the superhero movies that I wanted to see for a second time in theaters.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree with you and i loved the movie even more than the first and its probably my favorite marvel movie to date. But to me hulkbuster did win the fight and I don't think you can say he didn't when he got more hits him and when he hit him hulk went flying and he even knocked out a tooth and he knocked him out. I think the fight was close and hulk might eventually win but not in that fight

You are one of the only people to not wank the hulk in that fight. Hulk obviously lost but people want to wank and say hulk was winning and that hulk only lost because when hulk calms down he loses durability.

No way in hell can he just lose durability like that in 10 seconds while still in hulk form. Dsmn hulk fanboys.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@theamazingspidey said:

Great work, TAS!

- TAS

@terry2012 said:

That's my bro fist, by the way. And Thanks, guys!

You are welcome.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By godzilla44

I liked the movie but it had flaws.

Nat/Banner thing was pointless and annoying and cringy.

Ultron never seemed like a threat, how hell did he not kill Cap?

Way too many jokes

QS and SW were annoying and pointless

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

That is a great review you wrote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panthers8901 said:

You are one of the only people to not wank the hulk in that fight. Hulk obviously lost but people want to wank and say hulk was winning and that hulk only lost because when hulk calms down he loses durability.

No way in hell can he just lose durability like that in 10 seconds while still in hulk form. Dsmn hulk fanboys.

It's okay if you don't understand how Hulks powers work.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

9/10 Great Film. Haters gonna hate. Don't worry the opposite is gonna happen if Batman V Superman is really good, then the Haters will come pouring out to nitpick it to death.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: if its ok then why say anything to me? I didnt even tag you in the conversation.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@theacidskull:

Nice to see you reviewed this! :)

I actually got to see Avengers 2 at a drive-in movie theater on premiere day.

Tbh, I didn't really like Nat and Bruce since I ship her with Bucky, but I can see what you mean.

In a way, it does fit with MCU. And Beauty and The Beast is the perfect comparison. :)

Hahaha, I liked Ultron as well. xD The way I see it, he was portrayed better than Ronin was. He was such a bore in GotG.

Great review, though! I personally thought AoU was a good movie but just not as good as the first one.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@theacidskull: Awesome review, awesome film. I gave it a solid 4.5/5. Slightly lower than Winter Soldier (gave that 5/5) and on par with GotG and the first Iron Man (also gave 4.5/5). By comparison I gave the first Avengers 4/5. And aside from Loki and Kingpin, Ultron has been the MCU's best villain so far (even though I personally liked the Mandarin twist and Adrian Pierce in Winter Soldier quite a bit).

The only thing is that in AoS the sort of address the 'plot hole' of Fury showing up with a helicarrier. It's obvious SHIELD tech is still around and it last week's episode they make it pretty clear Coulson was still in contact with Fury, so it's entirely possible Fury was rebuilding in secret. That sort of sh*t happen all the time in the comics.

@samimista: You know it's funny when we were in the theaters and Widow was talking Hulk down at the beginning of the movie my wife got all "aawww" and said it's just like Beauty and the Beast...if the Beast f**ked sh*t up on the daily. She's a Disney nut though so I am not surprised she got all excited about it haha.

That and she loved the Hawkeye family dynamic.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By Samimista

@granitesoldier: Hahahaha! xD

Beauty and the Beast is actually my favorite Disney movie. :) And Belle's my favorite princess.

So your wifey has good taste. <3

And it was nice seeing Hawkeye get more attention. Is sweet he's a family man.

Did you have a favorite scene in the movie? =O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Nice to see you reviewed this! :)

I actually got to see Avengers 2 at a drive-in movie theater on premiere day.

Tbh, I didn't really like Nat and Bruce since I ship her with Bucky, but I can see what you mean.

In a way, it does fit with MCU. And Beauty and The Beast is the perfect comparison. :)

Hahaha, I liked Ultron as well. xD The way I see it, he was portrayed better than Ronin was. He was such a bore in GotG.

Great review, though! I personally thought AoU was a good movie but just not as good as the first one.

Thanks for the kind words Sami, and yes, I slightly preferred this to the first one :P, though I understand why you may not have,since both are great movies.

@theacidskull: Awesome review, awesome film. I gave it a solid 4.5/5. Slightly lower than Winter Soldier (gave that 5/5) and on par with GotG and the first Iron Man (also gave 4.5/5). By comparison I gave the first Avengers 4/5. And aside from Loki and Kingpin, Ultron has been the MCU's best villain so far (even though I personally liked the Mandarin twist and Adrian Pierce in Winter Soldier quite a bit).

The only thing is that in AoS the sort of address the 'plot hole' of Fury showing up with a helicarrier. It's obvious SHIELD tech is still around and it last week's episode they make it pretty clear Coulson was still in contact with Fury, so it's entirely possible Fury was rebuilding in secret. That sort of sh*t happen all the time in the comics.

It obviously wasn't a huge problem for me, but I felt like I should mention it nonetheless. Thanks for commenting, and thanks for the kind words, bro :).

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Beauty and the Beast is my wife's favorite too, as is Belle her favorite princess...and she modeled our wedding after Cinderella with the balcony and all that. So, yeah, she's pretty obsessed haha.

I really connected with Hawkeye; it's hard to leave your family, tell them little to nothing, and potentially never come home again due to the level of danger. Really made me feel for his situation, and it was a great look on how this can impact a relationship. I specifically loved how she supported him though, it wasn't the stereotypical "I don't want you to do this anymore" relationship we usually see in comics.

I actually really like the moment where Hawkeye jacks up Scarlet Witch with that shock arrow. I got nervous that he was going to get mind controlled AGAIN, two movies in a row. That was an awesome moment. And when Hawkeye talks up Scarlet Witch, when she's breaking under the stress of combat. He psyches her up, gets her head in the game, and she troopers on. Honestly Hawkeye stole the whole movie in my opinion, even though my favorite MCU character is Cap.

Best line goes to Cap though: "If they hurt you, hurt them back. If you get killed, walk it off."

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Oh no I'm not saying it was a big deal or anything like that, just pointing it out since I know not everyone watches the show.

That is one problem with such a wide universe as the MCU, if you don't see all of it there might be missing bits here and there. Like you said though, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of the film.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This review is well structured, easy to read and most of all friendly and agreeable. Well done.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Awesome, Skull Boy.

Yours truly, Frosty

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Great review!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JakeN7
@theacidskull said:

I mean, a SHIELD "spaceship" just pops up after SHIELD was successfully destroyed and no one notices this? Fury gives like a one word explanation for this and then it's literally never touched upon.

Agents of SHIELD will be expanding on that.

Now, when Nick Fury goes away and comes back with a Helicarrier, that seems like a big chunk of off screen story. Is that something we might see referenced on SHIELD?
Feige: I think it’s fair to say you could fill in some of those blanks in the coming weeks on Tuesday at 9.

http://io9.com/how-agents-of-shield-will-repair-an-avengers-age-of-ul-1702148708

@theacidskull said:
They could have had the starkbots help or something along thous lines. It would have made more sense, since we've SEEN that Stark had been developing crowd control measures.

The Stark robots were all turned into Ultron robots.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome review, agree with nearly errthing u said

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

very long andvery detailed...........but i admire the time n effort u took to write this up :)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Much better than the first which IMO was only a 5/10. This was a solid 8/10 maybe 7.5/10, and I think I can say it's in my top 3 (Disney) Marvel flicks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@saintwildcard: I thought you were just a DC guy. Or does that only apply to comics?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Much better than the first which IMO was only a 5/10. This was a solid 8/10 maybe 7.5/10, and I think I can say it's in my top 3 (Disney) Marvel flicks.

Haha, remember how skeptical you were?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SaintWildcard

@xwraith said:

@saintwildcard: I thought you were just a DC guy. Or does that only apply to comics?

What do you mean? Cus I liked AoU? I have my reasons for not buying the comics (especially now that my friend lend me his Unlimited account). I out of boredom will watch any movie if it interests me enough (won't be watching Ant-Man though). Praise aside, AoU don't hold a candle to MoS.

deal with it animated GIF

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Haha, remember how skeptical you were?

To be fair, it being one of my favorite MCU movies with a 7.5 means that most of them are meh :P

I also don't remember cus I got shwasted from all those bad jokes ._.

Actually I couldn't even get past 4 drinks. I hate alcohol so my 12 dollar "Super Serum" (what the drink was called) went into the trash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Ah, I see now. And it's not just this - I'd seen you mention liking other Marvel movies (including my personal favorite).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I didn't have as big a problem with that. And my personal experiences played a big part in it being my favorite (I've read the original comics and spent two years hoping it would be a good movie).