• 78 results
#1 Posted by Glabal500 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

although it did seem like was kind of the focus in the first avengers..... it was pretty balanced

but now that marvel is having Tony be the creator of Ultron int he MCU, its only natural that he becomes the center focus

#2 Edited by AllStarSuperman (19514 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously. They are gonna have the biggest seller get the most screen time.

#3 Posted by SheenLantern (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so bored of that little midget.

#4 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32129 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Wolverine08 (38092 posts) - - Show Bio

He makes money, so he'll be front and center. Don't like it? Don't see it while hoards of people happily go give their money to see him and the other Avengers.

#7 Posted by Deadgod (1130 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

He makes money, so he'll be front and center. Don't like it? Don't see it while hoards of people happily go give their money to see him and the other Avengers.

Everyone should have equal spotlight.

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (38092 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@wolverine08 said:

In a perfect world where movie studios aren't obsessed with money, yes.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@wolverine08 said:

People would watch it regardless if Tony was spotlighted or not.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (38092 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@jwalser3 said:

@wolverine08 said:

There are probably a large amount of people coming to see Iron Man (Or Robert Downey Jr.) specifically.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jwalser3 said:

@wolverine08 said:

There are probably a large amount of people coming to see Iron Man (Or Robert Downey Jr.) specifically.

Yep and they still would even if the film didn't revolve around him.

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (38092 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jwalser3 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Yep and they still would even if the film didn't revolve around him.

Maybe.

#14 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

True. I think people tend to forget comic fans are a minority. These properties are perceived as blockbuster films to everyone else, and hence, have to have a big, lucrative star to market the film properly. This is why Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry are focal points o the X-Men films, RDJ is the star of his films and this is also why, when DC could have probably went with thousands of unknown actors who would have made a phenomenal Batman, went with Ben Affleck, who is very recognizable.

#15 Posted by Pantherman (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve: To give them credit, Hugh Jackman physically is not a good match to play wolverine but he has acted his butt off to play him and he has done so very respectfully. The same with Robert Downey Jr., he may not match Tony Starks physically but he has the "character" down to a T.

#16 Edited by Black_Arrow (2407 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Spideysense44 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

You are so late

#18 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol whining forever and ever.

Batman is in the Man of Steel sequel. Have fun.

#19 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Tony making Ultron still a rumor?

Dem overreactions

#20 Posted by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because he's going to be the creator of Ultron doesn't mean he'll be the main focus of the movie. He may have a big role in the film, but it's still an AVENGERS movie so I'm sure they'll try to keep it balanced between the characters, just as they did in the first.

#21 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

First, people were mad because Tony creates Ultron instead of Hank Pym (even though have of those people coudn't care less). Then it went back to the typical "RDJ is always in the spotlight"... Iron Man has simply been in more films and become more popular than the other MCU heroes. Get over it.

#22 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care who the spotlight is it's avengers man!!! Good s*** though I'd like to see more hulk in this next one same with Thor opposed to iron man but whatever

#23 Posted by HumanRocket (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh I don't care who gets the spotlight.

#24 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5870 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently watched Iron Man trilogy, it was ok, I don't know why Ironman gets so much hype though.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32129 posts) - - Show Bio

Dem overreactions

nope

#26 Posted by Gambit474 (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus said:

First, people were mad because Tony creates Ultron instead of Hank Pym (even though have of those people coudn't care less). Then it went back to the typical "RDJ is always in the spotlight"... Iron Man has simply been in more films and become more popular than the other MCU heroes. Get over it.

Sounds more like you need to get over yourself. People are entitled to their opinions and allowed to disagree with it if they want..It's perfectly reasonable for fans to be upset over movie makers making unnecessary changes to characters instead of staying true to the spirit of the character

@peppeyhare actually Joss Whedon and Fiege have said things along the lines of Pym not being in Avengers 2 and Pym not creating Ultron. It's stupid really..Giving Tony credit for Ultron is like giving credit to someone else for the light bulb over Thomas Eddison for ex. My beef is that this makes Pym's film look absolutely pointless now since if he's not getting any acknowledgement for making Ultron then all that leaves him with is his creation of the Pym Particles..Oh joy a film about a guy who communicates with insects and can grow big and small.

Marvel's becoming as bad as DC where they've become reliant on a single character(two in DC's case..Batman and Superman)to sell because they can't seem to put any faith or development into their other ones. They might as well change the name of the film to "Tony Stark and friends"

#27 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

Dem overreactions

nope

It's confirmed? Must have missed that news

#28 Posted by logy5000 (5635 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by SheenLantern (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

The guy is like 5'8. He's really not that short.

He lies about his height.

#30 Edited by logy5000 (5635 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

What's his real height?

#31 Edited by Misterwizz (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America did more in the first Avengers movie.

Just saying!

#32 Posted by SheenLantern (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@sheenlantern said:

@logy5000 said:

What's his real height?

Hard to judge.

Loki looks about 3 inches taller, let a few more go on account of Hiddleston's bad posture and RDJ's elevator shoes and he's about 5'6-7".

#33 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the first one revolved as much around Thor as it did Tony Stark. But of course the second one will focus on Stark because that's who the genpop love the most.

I personally would rather see Thor or Hulk, but Downey's charm is undeniable.

#34 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

IRON-MAN AND HIS HALF-AMAZING FRIENDS!

#35 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: If you can read Ultimate comic books,I can't see why you'd get so upset about them changing the story in a different universe. They've told us loud and clear the MCU is not cannon and is standalone,so they can do what they wan't really,even though releasing Ant-Man a bit earlier would have fixed the "problem". If you can watch Rhodie be the first Iron patriot instead of Osborn,Trevor Slattery and Kat Dennings you should be fine.

#36 Posted by RogueShadow (9775 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep probably, he's their hottest property right now.

5" 8 is short, below 5"10 is short for a guy in my opinion. That being said, I don't give a sh*t.

#37 Posted by Wolverine08 (38092 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

True. I think people tend to forget comic fans are a minority. These properties are perceived as blockbuster films to everyone else, and hence, have to have a big, lucrative star to market the film properly. This is why Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry are focal points o the X-Men films, RDJ is the star of his films and this is also why, when DC could have probably went with thousands of unknown actors who would have made a phenomenal Batman, went with Ben Affleck, who is very recognizable.

Yup.

#38 Posted by The Stegman (22751 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hell do people care how tall he is??

#39 Posted by Gaza_Stripper (104 posts) - - Show Bio

No one on this web site knows who Avengers 2 will focus on........

#40 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....wasn't Avengers Iron man 3 with other people?

#41 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus said:

So true.

#42 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

People should be complaining about all these Batman rumors in a Superman/Man of Steel sequel or Wolverine being the main focus of DOFP instead of Kitty (as stupid as that argument is as well).

#43 Posted by Gambit474 (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: If you can read Ultimate comic books,I can't see why you'd get so upset about them changing the story in a different universe. They've told us loud and clear the MCU is not cannon and is standalone,so they can do what they wan't really,even though releasing Ant-Man a bit earlier would have fixed the "problem". If you can watch Rhodie be the first Iron patriot instead of Osborn,Trevor Slattery and Kat Dennings you should be fine.

The changes they make in the films are no where near what they do in the ultimate comics..Even when the ultimate comics changes things they're still not that much different from 616. Eddie Brock is still Venom,Gwen Stacey still dies(and comes back as a clone or w.e),and all that other stuff. It doesn't matter if they can "do what they want" as it does not justify butchering characters on the big screen. By your logic nobody should've gotten mad about the portrayal of the Phoenix getting killed by Wolverine,Ghost Rider,Venom,The Mandarin,and everything else that's gone wrong in the films. People have no choice in watching Rhodey be the Iron Patriot..Marvel doesn't own the rights to Norman Osborn, Sony does. Change is fine if there's a point to it..Not because they can't sell without relying on a single character

#44 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve said:

@wolverine08 said:

Yup.

Agree with this also.

#45 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio said:

The changes they make in the films are no where near what they do in the ultimate comics..Even when the ultimate comics changes things they're still not that much different from 616. Eddie Brock is still Venom,Gwen Stacey still dies(and comes back as a clone or w.e),and all that other stuff. It doesn't matter if they can "do what they want" as it does not justify butchering characters on the big screen. By your logic nobody should've gotten mad about the portrayal of the Phoenix getting killed by Wolverine,Ghost Rider,Venom,The Mandarin,and everything else that's gone wrong in the films. People have no choice in watching Rhodey be the Iron Patriot..Marvel doesn't own the rights to Norman Osborn, Sony does. Change is fine if there's a point to it..Not because they can't sell without relying on a single character

That's the thing,they don't have to justify anything,BECAUSE it's not E-616 where Henry Pym creates Ultron,it's E-199999 where nothing makes sense(that should be the slogan of the MCU). With all that being said I respect your opinion but what's the point of seeing Earth-616 on screen exactly as it happens in print,just go read a 40,30,20 year old comic.

#46 Posted by JediXMan (29285 posts) - - Show Bio

... more focus than the Avengers?

#47 Edited by MonsterStomp (15261 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony won the Avengers for me. He was holding the frontline while the rest of the Avengers were coming. You can't get more badass than that.

#48 Posted by Spideysense44 (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

Its how you make money..why do yo think in Xmen:DOFP Wolverine is the one going into the past, and not Kitty Pride...because he is a more entertaining character, and everyone loves and/or knows him

#49 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5750 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Cap gets more screen time I don't care anymore.

#50 Posted by Theformermarionettegeist (160 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

... more focus than the Avengers?

Prepare for Iron Man 5.