Avengers 2: Hulk manhandling Thanos

Thanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thanatic

would you like to see in Avengers 2.. Hulk manhandling Thanos like he did with loki.... essentially hulk using thanos as a rag-doll

how should the fight scenes be between thanos and the avengers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nickthedevil

Rumor is Thanos is going to be bad guy for Guardians of The Galaxy, not Avengers 2. Sorry, don't mean to burst your fantasy bubble.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

No. We saw Hulk do it once; it was funny. Doing it twice would be overdoing it, and he is not beating Thanos on his own. If they do it right, neither Thor nor Hulk should be able to beat him, even together. I just foresee a moment where Hulk attempts it, and gets taken down with a swift backhand.

Also, I believe it was confirmed that Thanos won't be in Avengers 2. He'll be in GotG and probably Avengers 3.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@JediXMan said:

No. We saw Hulk do it once; it was funny. Doing it twice would be overdoing it, and he is not beating Thanos on his own. If they do it right, neither Thor nor Hulk should be able to beat him, even together. I just foresee a moment where Hulk attempts it, and gets taken down with a swift backhand.

Also, I believe it was confirmed that Thanos won't be in Avengers 2. He'll be in GotG and probably Avengers 3.

This.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

Hulk shouldn't be able to manhandle Thanos.... Not ever!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@nickthedevil said:

Rumor is Thanos is going to be bad guy for Guardians of The Galaxy, not Avengers 2. Sorry, don't mean to burst your fantasy bubble.

I think he'll be introduced in GotG. My thinking is that he'll get his origin and some info on the character in GotG, then the Guardians team up with the Avengers to beat him with the IG in Avengers 3.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

Hulk would Not ragdoll Thanos. If they really amp Hulk up he may be able to fight on even ground with the Mad Titan but there will be no funny swinging of Thanos if he's done right.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I hated that scene.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@BiteMe-Fanboy: It was about accurate, There's a reason comic Loki has never tried to fist fight the Hulk

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@joshmightbe said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: It was about accurate, There's a reason comic Loki has never tried to fist fight the Hulk

Yeah. I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened. I just didn't like the scene in general.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I agree that it wasn't high art, but it made me smile

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@joshmightbe said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I agree that it wasn't high art, but it made me smile

Yeah, the first time I saw it I chuckled and whatnot. Around the 3rd or 4th time I saw it and hearing the whole theater erupt into a uncontrollable laughter for the 4th time just sort of made me dislike the scene. lol.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Xanni15

Hulk doing it to Loki was a nice moment, but I would rather see another character get the final blow on the villain, not that any of the Avengers could do it themselves.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Over doing anything can ruin it, like hearing a song too many times. No matter how good it is there comes a point where it just gets annoying

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheDude123

Well, technically Thanos weighs just shy of half a ton so, the Hulk could rag-doll Thanos and he could rag-doll Hulk unless Thanos somehow altered his density. But I don't see Hulk beating Thanos unless written poorly.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#16  Edited By TheCannon

@joshmightbe said:

Hulk would Not ragdoll Thanos. If they really amp Hulk up he may be able to fight on even ground with the Mad Titan but there will be no funny swinging of Thanos if he's done right.

This.

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I hated that scene.

That to.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheSwordsman: Weight isn't the issue here, Hulk would have a serious amount of trouble even getting Thanos in a position to swing him around like that.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Thanatic: What fun is that? If the Hulk can beat any threat completely on his own there's no need for the Avengers. Besides, that moment was funny because no one saw it coming. Doing it again would be pointless.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheDude123

@joshmightbe said:

@TheSwordsman: Weight isn't the issue here, Hulk would have a serious amount of trouble even getting Thanos in a position to swing him around like that.

All it takes is a grab of an arm or a leg and either can rag-doll the other. You can't resist someone picking you up who can lift many tons.Now, they both could eventually grab the other and stop the rag-dolling, but as far as the move is concerned it is all about weight. A power-lifter who is 180lbs and can bench/dead-lift/squat 350 can still be picked up and slammed by someone who can only bench/dead-lift/squat 200lbs.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Rumble Man

Would like to see hulk blasted to another continent

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheSwordsman: That may be so but Unlike Loki Thanos is fully capable of beating the living s**t out of the Hulk before he can grab his leg

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mettlekm

@joshmightbe said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Over doing anything can ruin it, like hearing a song too many times. No matter how good it is there comes a point where it just gets annoying

Well said. I saw it once, and loved it. Sorry for laughing!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

@mettlekm: I've seen it a few times and there is some diminishing returns on it because the whole reason it was funny is because it was unexpected. Usually when the villain gives the whole I'm better than you speech there's a moment of doubt from the hero as the villains machinations go on, or at the very least they get to finish the speech. Hulk just did what we all say the hero should be doing during that speech when watching most movies like this.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheDude123

@joshmightbe said:

@TheSwordsman: That may be so but Unlike Loki Thanos is fully capable of beating the living s**t out of the Hulk before he can grab his leg

Perhaps. My point was that Hulk could do so, not that he could defeat Thanos. It will also be movie Thanos if such a meeting does happen so you actually do not yet know what he will be fully capable of at this juncture.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheSwordsman: If the movies do Thanos any justice at all he should be able to kick the crap out of the whole team in a physical fight.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheDude123

@joshmightbe said:

@TheSwordsman: If the movies do Thanos any justice at all he should be able to kick the crap out of the whole team in a physical fight.

And Loki should have justifiably had more magical abilities that he utilized in the fights. At this point, especially considering many of the past villain portrayals, speculating on his power level being much higher than the Avengers is premature and, possibly, if not probably, wishful thinking.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see Thanos respect Hulk by acknowledging he is the biggest threat to him on the Avengers and eliminate him by porting him to another planet and then we get a Planet Hulk movie!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Lvenger

@JediXMan said:

@nickthedevil said:

I think he'll be introduced in GotG. My thinking is that he'll get his origin and some info on the character in GotG, then the Guardians team up with the Avengers to beat him with the IG in Avengers 3.

This is pretty much what I think will happen. Whedon wanted the Avengers sequel to be smaller and more personal. With rumours of an Ant Man movie, what better way is there to do a personal, hard hitting Avengers film than with Ultron as the antagonist?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Hulk should not be doing that to Thanos

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Black

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

I would like to see Thanos respect Hulk by acknowledging he is the biggest threat to him on the Avengers and eliminate him by porting him to another planet and then we get a Planet Hulk movie!

No, no, and no. I wouldn't be able to stand the fervor of Hulk fanboys after that.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@nickthedevil: @JediXMan:

Sounds like He'll Be in sequel due to recent announcements

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/09/26/avengers-director-joss-whedon-on-thanos-and-jim-starlin/

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MAZAHS117

I think it's going to be the other way around, Thanos manhandling the Hulk.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Lvenger said:

@JediXMan said:

@nickthedevil said:

This is pretty much what I think will happen. Whedon wanted the Avengers sequel to be smaller and more personal. With rumours of an Ant Man movie, what better way is there to do a personal, hard hitting Avengers film than with Ultron as the antagonist?

I'm going to guess Avengers 2 will focus more on espionage; the idea that "not everything can be beaten with fists" kind of deal. Perhaps bring in Winter Soldier and others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_Black said:

No, no, and no. I wouldn't be able to stand the fervor of Hulk fanboys after that.

Why would you say that?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#36  Edited By Teerack

Thanos is stronger then the hulk.

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By venomsapprentice
@Teerack said:

Thanos is stronger then the hulk.

Not only that, but he has better energy manipulation than Thor, is smarter than Tony Stark, and has better fighting technique than Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. If anyone is going to be doing the "smacking" in  Avengers 2 it's Thanos.
_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By _Black

@_Black said:

Why would you say that?

Cause of that.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By joshmightbe

@_Black said:

I am a Hulk fan boy and I know Thanos would stomp the holy hell out of Hulk. That's just common sense

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By _Black

@joshmightbe said:

@_Black said:

I am a Hulk fan boy and I know Thanos would stomp the holy hell out of Hulk. That's just common sense

I was more referring to people who don't read comics. One of my friends favorite characters is the Hulk and I'm sure I would not hear the end of how he is the most powerful. Lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By Lvenger

@JediXMan: Sounds like a good plan. A Secret Avengers team would be awesome I have to say.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_Black said:

@_Black said:

Why would you say that?

Cause of that.

Meh or Thanos just shows how pathetic Hulk is and how the Hulk isn't worth his time or manipulates him into being away by himself then ports him away. I just want to see another Hulk movie w/o the same theme that we've already seen & I think visually a Planet Hulk movie would be awesome. A place where Hulk can smash things and realistically can be seen as an underdog where he may not be the strongest of all.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#43  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@nickthedevil: Thanos is apparently going to be in both films

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

not sure if trolling or doesn't read comics?