att: collectors - what grades of comics do you collect?

Greenfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Greenfort

Been looking a lot at Ebay and found, that:

1. the grading systems and results seems to vary a lot

2: the grades given and the price the item gets isn´t always logical

This made me want to know how much grades and quality matters to others.

If you´re into collecting one or more series or characters, which grades/quality must the comic have before you´ll consider buying it.

for me it matters a bit.... I don´t like copies that has tears or bend corners, but I guess I can live with some creasing of the spine.

So - what´s your criterias and views?

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#2  Edited By Mighty Thorion

I collect the grades I can afford!

If it is an issue I need to complete a run then the grade is a secondary consideration. In the case of key issues (as I did with AF#15 a few years ago) the only grade you can sometimes afford is FR.

Greenfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Greenfort

I guess it also depends on the series you collect. some of them have extremely expensive issues... recently I stumbled upon a A-Spiderman #1 with an asking price of 18.700 pounds.... damn :-)

some of the fun for me is trying to find the issues, compare prices and then eventually buy them. I´m in no hurry here, so taking it very slow :-)

Greenfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Greenfort

Only issue I´m looking for at the monet, that demans a premium price is Werewolf by Night issue 32... want it for my Moon knight collection, but it´s pretty expensive, even in moderate quality :-(

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Greenfort said:

Only issue I´m looking for at the monet, that demans a premium price is Werewolf by Night issue 32... want it for my Moon knight collection, but it´s pretty expensive, even in moderate quality :-(

I actually picked up a copy of that in December for my MK collection. It wasn't a CGC or anything but from my hazy recollection of the scale it's between a 5.0 or 4.0 most likely. I got it for $30...which is about the max I will allow myself to spend on a single issue.