Posted by G-Man (33818 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Staff
#1 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks G-Man

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33314 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's lost weight

#3 Posted by G-Man (33818 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#4 Posted by CitizenJP (596 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man is so G, he's almost H.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33314 posts) - - Show Bio

That's all well and good for big comic book characters but what about the B and C listers? Those guys die and we don't see them for like 5-6 years

#6 Posted by G-Man (33818 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Doctor Guerrero died in THE FLASH #3. It's been over a year. I'm fighting to get him back.

Staff
#7 Posted by RoTheKid (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Great vid, Tony! Thanks for posting! :)

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33314 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Doctor Guerrero died in THE FLASH #3. It's been over a year. I'm fighting to get him back.

I seen that, I liked the facebook pic :p

#9 Posted by Mandrewgora (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Do It. I love the videos.

#10 Posted by cdeoleo (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know in which video/webcast G-Man answered the questions on page 17?

#11 Posted by G-Man (33818 posts) - - Show Bio

@cdeoleo: Page 20 was in Episode 2 of the new podcast. Last week was page 19, episode 25...so Episode 23?

Staff
#12 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for answering my question In an awesome way Tony! :)

#13 Posted by Juandicimo_Magnifico45 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

I REALLY like this new way of answering questions

#14 Edited by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

When a character dies, they should stay dead. A new character should rise to take their place. This helps keep stories fresher as you then get interaction between a new character and a rogues gallery they have never faced. Comics are meant to be a creative medium. Try to live up to this ideal.

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

So true, G-Man. Can't please everyone in comics.

#16 Posted by justforthecomments (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Raven doesn't die....   ._. 

#17 Posted by Zombiebite1888 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Popular Character: Hey guys

Teammates: Dude, your dead

PC: What? No, just went to Whitecastle

T: We saw you die. Ripped apart by the Kraken

PC: You know how it is when you get that urge for those tiny burgers

T: We buried what was left of your hand. There was like fifty variant covers for that issue.

PC: Nope wasn't me. Want some fries?

T: Are they salted?

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spiderman was one of the highest grossing comics Marvel had in years. Then they kill him and half the Ultimate verse. Then replace him with a Ethnic Minority background character. Yet 616 Spidey gets killed and comes right back.

Darn right I'm whining.

#19 Posted by ALdragon17 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I agree to many deaths, makes the comic book cheap. It's suppose to be an escape and fantasy away from the real life.

#20 Posted by modunhanul (407 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Elongated Man, but I think it is wrong to bring him back.

#21 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: LOL

#22 Posted by cdeoleo (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks!

#23 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite death was for one character I really didn't want to die. Blue Beetle. The aftermath and its impact on Booster Gold was for my money the most heartbreaking in comics.

#24 Posted by Queso6p4 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

Great video, G-Man. Well-said. I'd have to add: voice your concerns to the creative teams, respectfully of course. Your feedback and money can make a difference.

#25 Posted by dasmg (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going to lie, not having Richard Rider around is kind of bumming me out.

#26 Posted by Mezmero (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww man. Now I feel bad for complaining about the Human Torch coming back. Thank you for putting it into perspective for me in this video. I'll try to be a bit more open-minded about comic book deaths in the future. Hopefully now people will put this tired question to rest and you can answer more important questions going forward. At the very least if the topic comes up again you can just direct them to this video. I like the format of answering all the simple questions on the podcast and the played-out ones on smaller videos like this. Keep up the great work.

#27 Edited by abeyance (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sorry any meaningful death gets subverted when said character is resurrected a few months later. Comic book deaths can be done in a way to satisfy the majority. People complain about characters staying dead because others get brought back so often. I like how the Ultimateverse continued the Spiderman issue by having a replacement. I know a lot of people that didn't like Mile Morales at first but grew to love him. A major character can stay dead as long as they have a suitable replacement. I mentioned this before where Bruce Wayne was believed dead, but others were there to take his place. Many of the major heroes have some sidekick lingering around waiting for a time to shine. I think comics would evolve differently if they stopped recycling ideas and step into uncharted territories. I mean a good story is a good story. Let Superboy finally become Superman and let Clark retire (don't see him dying very easily) Let Dick Grayson resume the Batman mantle, I felt he was doing good. You have all those students at the Jean Grey school begging to replace Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Beast and other Xmen who have been around since mutants were first introduced by Marvel. Let Skaar and Lyra be the new Hulks and go around fixing all the gamma travesties done by Bruce and his enemies. What I trying to say is superheroes are a symbol and don't have to be tied to just one individual. Blue Beetle is a prime example of a hero's title living on after the man behind the mask has died. Heroes and villains can be removed permanently if it is written in the right way.

#28 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenJP said:

G-Man is so G, he's almost H.

LOL

#29 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Sentry !

#30 Posted by Druid (104 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, one day Batman or Superman are going to die for real and then no one will take it seriously...