#1 Posted by Airstrike (190 posts) - - Show Bio

What is more important to you?  To me, art is more important!  I want great art, I don't care how great the story is if the art sucks I don't want it.  I would say Art 80%/ story 20
%.  Now don't misunderstand me either I want a great story too but not a the sacrifice of the artwork!  If I want to read a bestselling novel, I would ( I read around 24 novels a year).  I buy comics for the artwork but I am curious what/how other fans fell on this.  That is why I am not that impressed when they get big name authors to write the story especially if that means they are going to cut corners on the art, something I think Marvel has been doing lately because the big name artist haven't been drawing for them as much!

#2 Posted by Tobias Leitner (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Both. If a comic has bad art, I think it can take away from the story, and no matter how pretty your pictures are, they can't save a crappy story.

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Art.

I get distracted by uglyness and in turn, can't focus on the Words 
#4 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, well I love the Lucifer series and although I love the art a lot, I still read the issues where the art sucks cause the story is awesome :D

and Sandman, the art is terrible but I love the series!!

#5 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
The Art... there is some artwork done in comics that is so hideous it will distract me from actually reading the captions sometimes...
#6 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually the story is far more important to me, though I find anything "illustrated" by Greg Land completely unreadable.

#7 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Definately story!!!!