ARROW, you have failed this city.

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatmansFear007

So Arrow's a pretty popular show, needless to say. So will the Flash be eventually. I personally have a couple issues with this television universe, specifically Arrow, because it's not completely fair to judge the Flash only on his pilot episode. I was wondering if you guys felt the same. Some of these might sound very petty and dismissible but just hear me out. I've found issues with the script. The extreme lack of character resemblance aside, the plot just seemed way too out of control in season 2. Take Slade for example. When he went in 'villain mode' because Shado died, I felt like I didn't care--mostly because the show never emphasized they actually had chemistry to begin with. Suddenly he creates this big plan to make Oliver "suffer" and destroy Starling City. I mean it's not like they could have just saved Deathstroke for the fifth and maybe final season to parallel the five years they spent on the island, no, just rush him out in season 2. Hell, it's not like the show hasn't brought up Ra's al Ghul a couple times........oh wait. The "mirakuru" twisting Slades mind seemed like a lazy move to just get him evil on demand. Don't even get me started about that abomination of a Rose Wilson knock-off. Also, what's the deal with this non-superpowered Black Canary being a member of the 'League of Shadows'? Was that just some forced out way to introduce a new threat or was that their attempt at copying Batman....again. I'm trying to condense this as much as possible but my last complaint is about the fans who want Arrow to join the Justice League. I just have to say no. Everything Arrow can do, Batman can already do but 10 times better...WITH more style. (I guess Oli wins at archery) Point is, Arrow really has no place on the league, and I hope season 3 has a better script. Agree? Disagree? Am I a retard? Let me know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, you are a retard. Hey, you asked. No, but seriously. Slade's revenge story was soap opera level writing.

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Haha :P yeah that's a good way of describing it too.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I didn't like the entire Slade revenge crap, like, come on Slade, I know the dime store Super Soldier Serum makes you delusional, but Ollie didn't kill your girl, he was put in a tough spot and made a decision, no need to swear vengeance on him for all eternity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless, I still enjoyed it.

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: That's good. Tv and film are subjective but I just really felt like getting this off my chest..

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

The writing Arrow has is deplorable.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@batmansfear007: Ya I agree. Not to mention if I had a nickel for everything Arrow stole from DKR id be richer than Bruce Queen...I mean Oliver.

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By greenarrowfan12
No Caption Provided

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Just simply don't watch the damn show, if it bothers you so much.

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey curiosity killed the cat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow sucks

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Hopefully Slade retains some of his former abilities or goes on a hunt to get stronger

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I totally agree with most of your points. arrow is mediocre. It has decent writing and only a handful of good actors. If it joined the movie Universe I would probably be depressed for a week. Plus I'm going to judge the flash by its pilot and say I never want to see Grant Gustin be apart of the big screen. JL. With that being said the shows are still decent to say they air on CW.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I totally agree with most of your points. arrow is mediocre. It has decent writing and only a handful of good actors. If it joined the movie Universe I would probably be depressed for a week. Plus I'm going to judge the flash by its pilot and say I never want to see Grant Gustin be apart of the big screen. JL. With that being said the shows are still decent to say they air on CW.

This. And I wanted a Green Arrow from the animated shows up in live action and the same for Black Canary but sadly that hasn't happen yet. Hopefully the film universe can bring him in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I like Arrow, but the more I see other people point out the problems with it I feel like I like it less.

And they never should have had its writers take over the comic from Jeff Lemire.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the show so none of this bothers me. The only thing in the article that bothers me is that the League is called "League Of Assassins" not shadow. Whew!

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BatmansFear007
BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: Not watch? You kidding me? I'm a superhero fan. I would endure this show till the end just because it's my duty.....plus, if I ever run into Amell at comic-con I want it to be worth while.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep watching because it's fun to me. Also, Amell puts in serious work to pull off the stunts and the build. Gotta respect the guy. He also really loves it.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with some of the points of the OP

• I agree that Slade's mind was warped because of the Mirakuru, but after he was "cured" he was still the same as he was on the drug. Logically, you would expect Slade to actually start thinking after he was given the antidote, like maybe committing mass murder of innocent people over one woman to get revenge on someone is not very rational thinking. Pre-Mirakuru Slade was pretty logical, you would think he would revert back to that state--nope, no rational thoughts coming from his head. You would also think after the cure that maybe Slade would have realized Oliver actually wanted to save both women.
  • Why would they recruit some random girl with no experience to merit her being an effective assassin into the League of Assassins in the first place? Maybe I missed something, but it didn't seem like they gave a backstory on how it actually happen. I guess they were looking for preppy college girls to fill a quota, lol. I understand this is fiction, but some type of answer would be nice.
  • Amanda Waller planning to nuke a city to kill 20 people that targeted conventional weapons could easily kill was pretty stupid.
  • The Ravager wannabe was pretty awful, but I still love Summer Glau. ;-)
  • Overall, characters that divert from the comics can still be good. It is rare, but they can form into their own unique persona that is still interesting. In the first season, I actually was liking Slade a lot, but at the end of the second season he became pretty ridiculous and that was disappointing. Hopefully, the third season will turn things around, but I will watch it to the end, because overall it is a good show.
  • On another note, I think COMIC Green Arrow should be in the JL. He can bring two major things to the table.
    • His archery skills can be very useful when delivering an explosive or some other device. In many instances, it can be superior to hand throwing the device.
    • Ollie is also very good with policy, negotiation, and public relations. He could be very valuable in dealing with Amanda Waller, for example.
    • But right now, he is working with Amanda Waller to bring good PR for America and serve as a defense if the JL ever went rouge. So, I don't see him being a part of the JL any time soon.

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511: Good points! Looks like you totally get my point of view on Slade. As far as Canary being recruited, they still never touched on that. Maybe in the next season they'll show her wandering the mountains looking for a rare blue flower as a form of initiation ;) wink-wink. No but it's really forced out imo. Everything from her tacky wig to her purky lips. I don't mean to be so mean it's just...uughh. I think the actor playing Amanda Waller did a pretty decent job. She gave me that New52 vibe, although like you said, her plan was very stupid. I like Summer Glau too, mostly from Terminator!

True, comic Green Arrow would be a nice contribution to the team. Typically, I prefer him to be simply 'available' rather than an actual full time member just because that's how it's been in most forms of continuity. But, there are certain things he can provide, hopefully comic relief if given the chance. I really want a true cinematic Green Arrow to remind the fans of the show that that is in fact an elseworld version.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Mrnoital

I enjoy the show, but i still see the problems

one of my favorites happened in season one a lot, where someones gun or whatever would be shot out of their hand, then arrow would be directly behind them, i laughed almost every time

as for slades mirikuru i can see the problems, but theres also potential left there

it wans't the greatest how slade got so devistated when shado dies since he knew ollie and her had something, but they used that to show how he liked her earlier but didnt say anything cause ollie had her

I hope they make it so he has some left over power boost that can't be taken away cause he had it in his blood for years, while everyone else was cured right away

plus with that they could bring in nightwing and have him maybe save ollie and make him slades newest biggest enemy so he doesnt focus on ga so much later

although i dont think there is much reason for them to save deathstroke since i've heard they have it largely planned out(the 5 years and flashbacks)

i'm also interested in the new count vertigo they're doing next season

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Very interesting, and I wasn't aware of the new Count Vertigo...

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmansfear007: yeah, i only read that they're doing him as one of the first villains and the most dangerous yet, but don't know how or why exactly

I hope the last count that ollie killed was this ones cousin or something, and this one is the real count who has diplomatic immunity and the implant in his head, plus being really smart and well connected would help too

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BatmansFear007

@mrnoital: Oh wow, well let's hope this one wears a damn cape! We need more 'theatrical' villains nowadays. He might looks a little too similar to Ra's, if they ever bring him in but we'll see lol Anyway bring on the superpowered Vertigo! (Who probably was victim to the Particle Accelerator) that seems to be how most of their villains work now but here's going the chip in his head.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mrnoital

@batmansfear007: That would make sense, I think it would be cool if they took his comics origin, a rebellion made his family flee vlatava, he's basically sold to a medical institution or something where they install it in his head, then he returns home and crushes the rebels,

then this other count was selling drugs to help finance his cousin rule valtava

but to tie it in with their way of getting powers would work with the particle accelerator

and yeah dressed like some kind of royalty, has a cape and is trained in a bunch of classical martial arts

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Looks like you took a peek at their script! lol

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmansfear007: well trained in martial arts is from count vertigo from a previous version, he knew martial arts, then when he was part of the suicide squad he learned more martial arts

but the rest is just what I imagine would work well

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed on Slade. His entire motivation wore thin after about three episodes. I'm hoping that if they ever bring him back, they find a way to make him a more compelling character. Now that the Mirakuru is out of his system, hopefully they will chalk his previous motivation up to "He was just crazy from the drug" and actually move him in a more interesting, but still villainous, direction.

Also, COMPLETELY agreed that Amell should not be Green Arrow on film. He works for the TV show universe, but I don't want to see that cross over onto film. Especially considering how unlikable Ollie can be in the show, and how different from comics!Ollie he is. Hopefully Ollie will lighten up as the show goes on. Two years in, he still feels like a Batman ripoff a lot of the time. Luckily, the supporting cast usually makes up for my dislike of the titular character.

I didn't really have a problem with any of the other things you mentioned. Sure, the script can definitely be flawed at times, but I feel like they do an okay job most of the time. Non-superpowered Canary also wasn't a huge deal for me. They had the "sonic device" as an homage to the Canary Cry. Plus, Sara isn't Dinah, so I don't mind her being a more liberal interpretation of Black Canary (being trained by the League of Assassins). I'm willing to wait it out before I pass judgment on Laurel as Black Canary. Also, I never thought of Isabel Rochev as Ravager, so I wasn't disappointed there. I always just thought of her as the Queen. The only thing she had in common with Rose was her costumed appearance - which was probably just an homage to the character and nothing more.

I enjoy the show. It's something I look forward to watching whenever it comes on. Does it have it's flaws? Sure. But it also has it's fair share of successes.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

ARROW is awesome, but hey everything is not for everyone.

@jayc1324 said:

Arrow sucks

At-least it's better than Agents of SHIELD.

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: Happy you agree! And yeah perhaps "Sarah" is easier to accept as part of the league considering, yah know, she isn't Dinah. I still think their version of Ravenger was pathetic.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young justice was awesome after all and it got canceled.

:''(

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@batmansfear007: Have made a few good points,I try not to judge them with the comics and no I really didn't like why Slade wanted revenge seems silly but hes still a great villain.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARROW IS A JOKE. AND THE SHOW IS A PUNCH LINE.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love but just like every other show it has it's flaws, but at least it's better than AOS

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see why people give get so mad when someone give their opinion of something.