Arrow: wait...people actully like this show?!

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

Arrow man...what can u say? Just burn it with fire.

I'm still completely shocked at some fans ability to take this show seriously. Why!

Well first off as fans we butcher and destroy anything that's strays to far away from are precious source material. Do I even need to go on? Who the hell is Arrow? Did the CW think GREEN Arrow just did sound cool enough? Or the name of the city for that matter.

Second up, The Dark Arrow Rises. When this show first aired I honestly gave it a chance but the one thing I couldn't get over was the blatant rip-off of TDK. I honestly laughed all the way through first 6-7 episodes at the show took every possible chance to say "screw GA where Batman now!" I spent hours laughing at Gree--excuse me...Arrow, running around in his TDK voice chanting my city, my city, SAVE THE CITY! like it was going out of style. Even just his posture reminded me of TDK. Its like they had Amell watch TDK and said "hey. Ya see Batman that's you." They even tried to give a DK film style. LOL!! Completly ruined GA for me. We get it TDK was popular, move along.

Next is probably the worst. The CW shows... ARE FOR LITTLE GIRLS! There Tween dramas! Its like 90210 featuring Arrow Dark Knight. All this completely botched characters sitting around crying about mommy and daddy issues and complaing about not being able to love Speedy enough is just ridiculous in a supposed to be bada** cbm show. Anyone else notice how all the marketing has been a bunch of Zoolander looking dudes with their shirts off. Yep the CW knows its market. There's a reason why CW casted a pretty boy from Glee to be the Flash. Little girls would recognize him. That the going demographic for tween dramas ya know.

Add to this which is probably the worst comic costume adaptations of all time. Slade looks like he put his suit together using the bargin bin at Pick-n-Save. When they first showed the pic of Arsenal he looked like Zoolander showing off magnum for the first time. And Arrow looks like someone duct taped a green dry-towel on top of some green chaps. And don't even get me started on the canary cryless BC costume. Lets just say, "Trick-or-Treat!!"

And I could go on all day. I honestly feel that some people's attachment to the show comes out desperation due to DC lack of quality content at the moment. Like seriously its either this or MOS. If they had more to choose from they would hate this show...plain and simple.

The actions OK at times and that's really about the only complament I can give it. There's somethings that being dark can't even save I guess.

So in conclusion...BURN IT!!!

What do u guys think? Sound off below.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Omg. You don't like something made by DC??? I'm shocked.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I love the show, probably one of my favorite on TV right now imo

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@eyedcyou: he's still sucking on Marvel's 69 balls apparently

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arrow is going on season 3 now. OP's point is irrelevant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eyedcyou: I never noticed how big of a Marvel fanboy he is until now.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Different tastes, I suppose? I mean, I don't have the slightest idea how anyone could possibly stand the taste or texture of mushrooms. My situation, is hopeless, but perhaps Season 3 could change your mind.

Personally, I could care less about the source material, as long as the deviation results in an entertaining series. For me, it has, and in hindsight, Green Arrow does kind of sound lame compared to "Arrow," which I find short, sweet, and to the point. Green Arrow, in contrast, sounds clunky and oddly expositionary. We get it. You're green and you shoot arrows. No need to literally spell that out in your name.

Yeah, I'll give you that Arrow is too much like Batman, for my liking. Though I think, in the past couple of seasons he's lightened up, (at least as Oliver.) He's not completely there yet, and it's more apparent for Young Oliver, but here's hoping they continue down the road to making him less Batman with Arrows and more Bruce Wayne with Arrows, as the smart-mouthed Archer.

I feel that the only real "Tween Drama" is started by Thea, whom I dislike as a character anyway, and by default I also dislike Roy, but then I've never liked him. Comic or otherwise. I would honestly say they focus a bit much on the romance aspect, but I suppose there's only so much time you can devote to shooting Arrows and that emotional backdrop is..."important" to some people, I guess. I for one, would be happy with more shooty and less kissy, but I can somewhat understand where it's coming from and sometimes it works. Season 3, it likely won't, but still. With that said, I think you're overestimating. I can't for the life of me think that anyone still watches Glee...

It's a television show, with a realistic backdrop. I think the costumes demonstrate that pretty well, without sacrificing anything. You knew it was Slade didn't you? You knew who the hero was, didn't you? That's me, though. I thought they looked solid--especially Deathstrokes'.

My only complaint with Man of Steel was that I thought the whole movie seemed a bit rushed. Otherwise, I enjoyed Man of Steel. I mean, I like what DC puts out most of the time. That's me, though. I know a lot of people liked it and a lot didn't. However, I don't think if there were a ton of DC properties out, Arrow would get any less love than it does now. It's a good show in my opinion. You may not feel the same way, but that's your personal choice.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone laugh at the obvious bait thread.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep: "Well first off as fans we butcher and destroy anything that's strays to far away from are precious source material. Do I even need to go on? Who the hell is Arrow? Did the CW think GREEN Arrow just did sound cool enough? Or the name of the city for that matter."

Not all fans, smallville lasted how many seasons?

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Arrow's great in my opinion. It definitely got a lot better after the first season and the costumes are pretty cool.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@xwraith: uhhhmmmm... A lot of his posts clearly declared his fanboyism

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@kittyparker13: this isnt bait. 100% legit about everthing i said. i was wondering if anyone eles noticed these issues.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By BappyRonChantin
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By w0nd

@kittyparker13: this isnt bait. 100% legit about everthing i said. i was wondering if anyone eles noticed these issues.

People probably have the same opinions as you yes, but your title was a question, so people came in and answered the title question before reading your wall of opinion no doubt.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: true some fans would like anything. but really how many other cbm or shows did we have to choose from during Smallvilles run. none

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mrnoital
legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By legacy6364

I hate the show with a passion that words can't describe. CW is a black hole.

But that's just my opinion. If you don't like the show you don't have to watch it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: true some fans would like anything. but really how many other cbm or shows did we have to choose from during Smallvilles run. none

Why would you have to watch it though? that's a silly excuse to watch something. I don't actually like this, but it's my only option. I liked some episodes, but there were some seasons of Smallville I skipped entirely. I didn't force myself to watch it because nothing else was on lol.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep:

You don't have to explain yourself - it's a mediocre show.

- TAS

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Lol... I love the show and him being a dark knight rip off is over-rated, clark was called blur in smallville and was like a brooding badass whose face was never seen by villains.

I love this arrow show, and again, HATERS GONNA HATE

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously a bait thread, but he has legit points.....

But, IDGAF!! I love Arrow!!

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can watch Arrow and have a good time but the OP has a point: I heard tons of people call it "excellent", and it certainly isn't. Nowadays, TV Dramas are as good as they've ever been, and Arrow (while enjoyable) is not among the elite.

If I had to complain about something in particular, it'd be the acting. Stephen Amell can't act, but at least he's lovable and charismatic. Katie Cassidy not only CANNOT act, but plays one of the most annoying characters in TV.
Also, it's hard for me to take the tone of the show seriously. It is supposed to be dark and gritty, yet absolutely every character (be it male or female) is a supermodel. That's not realistic. Neither are the superpowered characters that also helped throw the show's dark realism out of balance.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#26 BumpyBoo  Moderator
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Come on now, watch the language, dude :)

Wait, some people posted thing worst that one.

Also he isnt saying the words the way it should to be an insult.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#28 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@deathpoolthet1000: It's no biggie, not an official warning or anything :) I don't make the rules, man, I just point them out. And hey, if I catch people saying worse they'll get the same treatment, don't worry about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

It's pretty terrible

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FearTheLiving
I can spot this troll thread a mile away.
I can spot this troll thread a mile away.

I'm just starting season 2 and it has some serious cheese and the acting is pretty sub-par but there's a lot worse shows out there. Then again I also enjoy Agents of Shield which people on the Vine regularly like to talk shit about. (Most who haven't even watched more then two episodes)

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hate the show with a passion that words can't describe. CW is a black hole.

But that's just my opinion. If you don't like the show you don't have to watch it.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the OP dislikes Arrow - just a guess...

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, no.

IMO, it is the best non-masterpiece show out there.

Meaning, things like BB, Games of Throne, Mad Men, etc are of course way better.

But anything else like Walking Dead, AoS, etc are below it.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xenonyte: Good thing no one takes anything the OP says seriously because he is notorious for making bad threads.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Juke

Yeah.. Going through your post history I could tell in about a minute that you're deep in that anti-DC circle jerk.

Why even bother make a thread like this, bro?

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@69ball-z-deep: You sure you watched Arrow? its not the best Tv Series i've watched but is very good, good characters ect.. Either Marvel fan boy or want attention IMO.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shots fired

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: didnt realize everybody HAD to like the show. thanks for enlighting me. I will seek therapy asap...

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

#43  Edited By Guru_Crack

@69ball-z-deep: Don't have to like the show but the amount of bashing you was doing had to be done to bait others. P.S. i'd get a good therapist.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't stand the show after watching first few episodes of the first season of it. Not catching up with it ever since. Though I've heard it has improved.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

Everyone laugh at the obvious bait thread.

I found it adorable myself.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy over here typing up an essay like it's for a grade.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I have problems with it, but I'm pretty fine when I look at it through the "turn-my-brain-off/cheesy-action-show" lense. And some of the drama and action can be pretty exciting, the episode "The Odyssey" was excellent.

I can't, however, bring myself to like their rendition of Amanda Waller. Or "Olicity" (bleh).

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers