Arrow vs Daredevil(Netflix): Which show is better?

• 184 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ganon15

Poll Arrow vs Daredevil(Netflix): Which show is better? (330 votes)

Arrow 20%
Daredevil 79%

Which show do you prefer?

or

• 
Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quality wise Daredevil is like great movie. But tbh I am more emotionally vested in arrow and the characters. The cast particularly Amell and Ramsey just seem like such chill dudes and I admire their devotion to the show. The writers really slipped in season 3 and I believe it was due to spinoff syndrome with atom. No more spinoff characters please writers. Use cw seed and do animations like vixen. That's a great, fun and refreshing way to tie in characters for future guest appearances.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, the Daredevil hype.

I liked Season 2 of Arrow better than anything in the MCU, but that's just me.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, the Daredevil hype.

Season 3 on the other hand :(

Nah but I think Arrow Season 1 & 2 kind of beat Daredevil Season 1.

But Daredevil is something new.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Daredevil is so much better, I am a DC fan but man Agent Carter and Daredevil are better than anything i have seen from the DC stable. Also when reading Daredevil reviews i don't have to suffer through stupid stuff like Olicity and Laureliver or whatever the hell it's called.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell said:

Lol, the Daredevil hype.

Season 3 on the other hand :(

Nah but I think Arrow Season 1 & 2 kind of beat Daredevil Season 1.

But Daredevil is something new.

This.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I couldn't get past episode one of DD. Wasn't for me

I got a little farther. Once it started going really dark I stopped. Felt to much like Batman.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#107 JediXMan  Moderator

Daredevil. I liked season 1 of Daredevil much more than season 1 of Arrow.

That damn island kills Arrow for me.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ppl on here say DD is nothing but thats how I feel about Arrow. There's too much romantic drama on the show for me its been made into a soap opera. Season 1 of Arrow was a lot better than the other 2 & 3 but I think DD season 1 is better than all 3. Better acting, better story, better characters etc. Arrow is now a show for teenage females who look for love triangles so they can pick a team. Season 3 was a complete disappointment I'll only watch S4 to see the new suit.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would anyone bring up Smallville like it was any good? That show was an abortion.

LMAO I have yet to see a comment this harsh xD

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a serious question? Arrow at its best is not as good as Dardevil at its worst.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those arrow flash backs all together could form a long boring movie.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Daredevil stomp.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Old post, but how come you thought that Arrow season 3 > Agents of Shield season 2?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Old post, but how come you thought that Arrow season 3 > Agents of Shield season 2?

Eh.. I liked both of them equally. Even though AoS was more consistent through out the season, Arrow had its pilot, midseason finale and Brick plotline which was great. The only thing that I didn't like about Arrow was its last 4 episodes of season. Mostly because I had seen all the promo and spoiled it. Its a toss up, honestly.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I preferred Arrow Season 1 and 2 to Daredevil (both were great though). Daredevil was better than Season 3 though.

stark05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By stark05

@saintwildcard: then start from second or third atleast it doesnot contain those worthless flashbacks.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Supergirl.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Daredevil.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow is not even in the same league as Daredevil.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I love arrow, but I feel daredevil is better in terms of overall characterization and choreography.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2?

Season 4 has been going pretty good.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@sinistersoul said:

Season 2?

Not really,even season 2 had major flaws. Laurel,Sara's inverse character development,Slade ridiculous characterization which only worked because Manu Bennet made it work,the writing itself was horrible.

Season 4 is just the adventures of Felicity Sue.

chrometitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love arrow, but I feel daredevil is better in terms of overall characterization and choreography.

Is this a serious question? Arrow at its best is not as good as Dardevil at its worst.

Daredevil stomp.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil. Arrow's too busy being polluted by Olicity shippers ruining the show by wanting the show to revolve around Felicity

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread must live again

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD by far.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@sinistersoul said:

Season 2?

Not really,even season 2 had major flaws. Laurel,Sara's inverse character development,Slade ridiculous characterization which only worked because Manu Bennet made it work,the writing itself was horrible.

Season 4 is just the adventures of Felicity Sue.

BRUHH SLADE'S MOTIVATION WAS DUMB AS HELL. Manu Bennet was the probably only saving grace in that role

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil, and it's not even close at this point.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil shoots Arrow's crap script in the kneecaps and leaves it for dead in a ditch somewhere.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil by a mile.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow is okay

Daredevil transcends its genre and becomes something greater, IMO

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best thing about season 2 of DD is the new show runners killed off any potential for a dumb love triangle between Foggy, Karen, and Matt. And killed the idea of a love triangle between Elektra, Karen, and Matt. No love triangles. Good job.

Without spoiling anything. The romantic relationship between Matt and Karen was awkward. But, the show runners clearly knew this. The romance between Elektra and Matt was great and he gives a heart filled speech in the season finale.

Best thing about Arrow season 2 was Manu Bennett. The thing I didn't like about season 2 was Slades motivation just being that he is freaking crazy and somehow blames Oliver for Shadow's death. I realize they wanted to give a reason Mirakuru was dangerous, but the fact that it kills most people who try to use it is already enough.

Arrow Season 2 overall is one of my favorite seasons for comic book TV. For me it's right up there with Season 1 of the Walking Dead. Now it's no where as good as the current season of Walking Dead, but that's OK.

I will say this season of DD is better than season 2 of Arrow, but a lot of that is due to its format and the fact that this show doesn't use fillers, one episode connects with the next.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By dan12456

@lukehero said:

The best thing about season 2 of DD is the new show runners killed off any potential for a dumb love triangle between Foggy, Karen, and Matt. And killed the idea of a love triangle between Elektra, Karen, and Matt. No love triangles. Good job.

Without spoiling anything. The romantic relationship between Matt and Karen was awkward. But, the show runners clearly knew this. The romance between Elektra and Matt was great and he gives a heart filled speech in the season finale.

Best thing about Arrow season 2 was Manu Bennett. The thing I didn't like about season 2 was Slades motivation just being that he is freaking crazy and somehow blames Oliver for Shadow's death. I realize they wanted to give a reason Mirakuru was dangerous, but the fact that it kills most people who try to use it is already enough.

Arrow Season 2 overall is one of my favorite seasons for comic book TV. For me it's right up there with Season 1 of the Walking Dead. Now it's no where as good as the current season of Walking Dead, but that's OK.

I will say this season of DD is better than season 2 of Arrow, but a lot of that is due to its format and the fact that this show doesn't use fillers, one episode connects with the next.

I don't really get what you mean by this. Elektra was literally the reason Karen and Matt broke up. And Matt flip flopped back and forth between which he wanted all season. Right up to the motivation of him telling Karen his identity being that he already lost Elektra and couldn't handle having neither.

I think it was a well handled love triangle, but it was a clear love triangle. And I'm sure its not over yet.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By mickey-mouse

@dankhan6: A love triangle is when everyone is competing for the other person knowingly competing against someone else. So no it wasn't a trainangle. He never cheated on Karen. It wasn't a triangle. It was two women hanging with the same guy, and Elektra wasn't trying to steal Matt.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is just better in all aspects.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: that's a very selective definition, that seems tailored specifically to exclude this.

I think someone pinning after two different people and having the relationship with one actively hurt the relationship with another is a love triangle. Especially when both women also expressly wanted to be with Matt.

Literally the only thing you added that didn't exist in daredevil is the "knowingly competing" part. And cheating, which isn't a part of most love triangles. Even the most famous ones like Archie Betty and Veronica.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

DC has been dominating tv every since Smallville

Even if you love Smallville...you still know it's dumb fun, but sucks compared to anything we have around today.

Brainiac???
Brainiac???
Deathstroke
Deathstroke

If you rolled out crap like this in today's environment you would get cancelled by episode 3.

rofl

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have only watched the first season of Daredevil and first three seasons of Arrow. Based on what I have watched so far, Daredevil is a better show.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, 'Arrow' is the more interesting story because it has a superior lead. Stephen Amell is genuinely one of the most charming and likable men I have ever seen, and it's saying a lot to put him over Charlie Cox since he possesses similar charisma, but Stephen Amell is really just something else. I'm completely in love with the guy, and most other 'Arrow' fans who I talk to hold similar feelings. He makes Oliver Queen a more compelling character than Matt Murdock, but this is also largely due to the fact that Oliver's story itself is just a lot larger and more interesting than Matt's. Douchebag kid survives for five years on an island, returns to city as a murderer, grows into a hero. Matt's story is just so much more basic, and I also feel like Amell brings more raw emotion to his acting. All in all, 'Arrow's' lead is superior, and that's the biggest factor.

But another reason I prefer 'Arrow' over 'Daredevil' is because I am emotionally invested in the 'Arrow' world, outside of Oliver Queen. Diggle is an amazing character. Malcolm Merlyn is always intriguing. Laurel and Thea have each developed so much and I want to see them both go even further and become stronger heroes. Slade speaks for himself. The list goes on. I think 'Arrow' seriously has one of the most solid casts out of any TV show I've watched. Ray, Roy, Yao Fei, Maseo, there's literally not a single character who isn't likable and compelling besides Felicity. With 'Daredevil', I like Matt, and I love Wilson Fisk, and I like Frank Castle. That's it. Foggy is massively likable and entertaining but I'm really not invested in his story. He's received little to no character development, in fact he's something of a Marty Stu. Karen is okay, I find myself incredibly bored whenever she's doing stuff, it's always something incredibly dull and redundant because she's always just reading through taxes and newspapers looking for clues towards her investigations, than isn't excising at all, but I acknowledge that she is a good character. I'm just not invested. Claire is cool but there's not much too her. And that's basically how I feel about the whole 'Daredevil' cast. Cool, nice, but not interesting in any way.

I acknowledge that 'Daredevil' generally has far superior writing to 'Arrow', but on the same token the pacing is awful. I'll never understand how people can ignore 'Man of Steel's' brilliance and ambition just because it was dull and slow, then ignore 'Daredevil' having the same faults and just reap endless praises on it. The show is freaking boring at times, let's be honest. The stories can literally be trimmed down to six or seven episodes, SO much time is wasted in these episodes with characters just retreading the exact same topics, talking really slow and quietly, reading papers about taxes and stuff, walking slowly, looking around, and then talking about how they read tax papers and found nothing useful after we just saw that happen on-screen. 'Arrow' might have a lot of filler too, but at least something is always going on. And that's where it takes the advantage. I never pull out my iPhone and check Comic Vine while watching 'Arrow' because I might miss something important. I do it constantly while watching 'Daredevil' though.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is tough. I like them both. Arrow, though, is more of a light "popcorn flick" kind of show that's fun to watch without a whole lot of substance. Daredevil is a really good steak and potatoes dinner, but can leave you feeling a little sluggish after.

I'm going with Daredevil, because basically you can't live off popcorn (intellectually) if that makes ANY sense.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow is bad fun. It's like a guilty pleasure. Daredevil does literally everything better and then some plus it does a good job keeping true to itself. Arrow on the other hand felt/feels like discount Batman with a bow.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 the_stegman  Moderator

Ultimately, I'd say:

Arrow S2>>DD S2>>Arrow S1=DD S1>>>>>Arrow S4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Arrow S3

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points