• 55 results
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#1  Edited By TheCannon

Title pretty much speaks for itself. Is it worth watching or am I wasting my time? Please, no spoilers.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Stormbox

Ive heard good stuff about it, although i havent seen it yet

But if you go to the discussion threads for each episode theres a lot of optimism for the series

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Previous episode sucked, but overall it's quite good so far. Jump on now while you still only have 3 episodes to catch up to.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JakeN7

Yeah I've seen all three episodes. It's pretty great but there are some irritating things for comics fans. Green Arrow is never referred to as Green Arrow, only "Arrow" (by himself) "The Hood" (by the cops) and Oliver Queen (when not in costume.) Star city is now Starling city for no explainable reason. And Black Canary (a.k.a Dinah Laurel Lance) is only referred to as Laurel never Dinah. The latest episode featured Deadshot who looked pretty awful. His monocle was way too big and he didn't have his silver helmet on. Other than that the show's pretty great so far. Both Deathstroke and The Huntress are expected to show up soon and we got a glimpse of Deathstroke's mask on the island that Ollie washed up on in Ep.1. Hopefully they won't go the Smallville route and they will actually have Batman show up. No word yet on Roy Harper but my fingers are crossed.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Never cared for Green Arrow, except in Justice League Unlimited, but after only three episodes into the series and he's already become one of my favorite DC superheroes.

So in other words, I recommend this show to anyone looking for a great comic book based TV show.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@JakeN7 said:

Yeah I've seen all three episodes. It's pretty great but there are some irritating things for comics fans. Green Arrow is never referred to as Green Arrow, only "Arrow" (by himself) "The Hood" (by the cops) and Oliver Queen (when not in costume.) Star city is now Starling city for no explainable reason. And Black Canary (a.k.a Dinah Laurel Lance) is only referred to as Laurel never Dinah. The latest episode featured Deadshot who looked pretty awful. His monocle was way too big and he didn't have his silver helmet on. Other than that the show's pretty great so far. Both Deathstroke and The Huntress are expected to show up soon and we got a glimpse of Deathstroke's mask on the island that Ollie washed up on in Ep.1. Hopefully they won't go the Smallville route and they will actually have Batman show up. No word yet on Roy Harper but my fingers are crossed.

Don't forget "speedy."

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cameron83

@War Killer said:

Never cared for Green Arrow, except in Justice League Unlimited, but after only three episodes into the series and he's already become one of my favorite DC superheroes. So in other words, I recommend this show to anyone looking for a great comic book based TV show.
Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

great show

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evilvegeta74

Watched it the first time this week, it was pretty good, brutal, and all that good stuff!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm in the middle.  I'd say give the pilot a shot and decide from there.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mpierce2690

I've seen the three episodes, and as a show, it's pretty good.

But make no mistake, this is barely Green Arrow. It's Bruce Wayne as Green Arrow. The Oliver from the comics is basically non-exisistent and there have been a lot of major changes as described by @JakeN7. For some reason they've changed Star City to Starling City, Dinah is only called by her middle name Laurel, his mother is alive and he has a sister whom they've taken to calling Speedy for some reason. The biggest thing that bothers me is Ollie's personality. He should be more Tony Stark than Bruce Wayne. But like I said, as a show, it's pretty good so far.

Deadshot was lame though. And, yeah, I won't spoil anything else.

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GillaDro

yeah it's good so far

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheCrowbar

It's good, not great, better than I expected at least.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Its bland and it felt like the O.C with violence. Its about as good as any live action superhero show we have seen or probably will see though.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think it is worth giving a shot

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By htb106

It's great!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

It's alright. I'd recommend seeing it just to see where this series is going. It's not excellent, but it's not horrible either.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#18  Edited By TheCannon

Okay, I'm gong to watch the first three and see how it is.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jorgevy

I'd like to know this too. Green Arrow was pretty awesome in Smallville, but I have huge doubts about this "Arrow" show

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tahmidk

kinda dissapointing that they replaced oliver queen with bruce wayne but other than that the only problems are the same old teen soap opera bullshit moments from smallville. and some crappy acting.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By x_29

It is passable.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheCannon said:

Title pretty much speaks for itself. Is it worth watching or am I wasting my time? Please, no spoilers.

I have the same question

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xybernauts

@Jorgevy said:

I'd like to know this too. Green Arrow was pretty awesome in Smallville, but I have huge doubts about this "Arrow" show

I did too, but as it turns out the Green Arrow in "Arrow" actually seems alot better. He's like the male version of Summer Glau when she played River Tam in Joss Whedon's Serenity (Firefly) movie. That's a compliment.

@tahmidk said:

kinda dissapointing that they replaced oliver queen with bruce wayne but other than that the only problems are the same old teen soap opera bullshit moments from smallville. and some crappy acting.

The "teen soap opera bullshit moments" aren't that bad in this show and they certainly aren't as bad as the ones in Smallville. This show is more like "Supernatural" or "Nikita" meaning it's more action oriented so I think it's pretty good so far.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#24  Edited By Teerack

It's really bad. It's like the level of bad Smallvile is on in it's current season.

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By z1co80

It beats watching X-factor, Jersey Shore or any reality crap that's on tv.

I have found it decent.

BuffaloBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BuffaloBob

@k4tzm4n said:

I'm in the middle. I'd say give the pilot a shot and decide from there.

This

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Red_Jack

I've only seen about five minutes of one episode, but I wouldn't watch it all since I couldn't tell if it was the first episode.

That said, in those five minutes I thought the main character did resemble Olly in the comics somewhat. But I can tell it'll never be an amazing show and can predict after a few seasons it'll go way downhill.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PassionFlower

I saw one episode I thought it was pretty good enough for me to catch up.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MAZAHS117

The pilot was kinda "meh".. But it pick up steam since then. The last ep with Deadshot is the best so far...It has the standard "CW'ish" acting, not bad, but decent...The action scenes is really where it shines though imo...Def worth a watch if you're into the character, I think and it feels with each passing ep to keep geting better...It ain't no WALKING DEAD or Breaking Bad, so don't get your expectations too high, but it's pretty entertaining.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jorgevy

@xybernauts: eh, from what Ive heard it deviates much more from the Queen persona from DC. Also, I liked the teen soap opera drama, it made sense, Supes was a teen in Smallville

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By Kairan1979

I preferred Smallville version of Oliver Quinn. His parents were both kiled (in "Arrow" his mother is alive and they even gave Oliver a sister).

One of the positive moment - the actor who played Harry Dresden in the role of Quentin Lance.

Allie_Ho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Allie_Ho

Well the creators says that they are making Ollie more like his personality in the Longbow Hunters but they really lack his humour which he uses a lot in the comics.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#33  Edited By Cavemold

its decent cant wait to see deathstroke episode.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote..it's a "good" show. Not great, but good.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By tomlikesfries

It has been good so far.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xybernauts

@Jorgevy said:

@xybernauts: eh, from what Ive heard it deviates much more from the Queen persona from DC. Also, I liked the teen soap opera drama, it made sense, Supes was a teen in Smallville

Smallville was a cocktease. Teen drama is fine, but what Smallville did was it made an annoying habit of jerking people around. Will Clark reveal his identity to Lana, he won't, he almost did, maybe, Maybe today, nope, he reveals his identity but everyone forgets because of this reason or that, I honestly don't remember the specifics because I went out of my way to forget, but I remember how annoyed I used to be with the show because of this.

@Kairan1979 said:

I preferred Smallville version of Oliver Quinn. His parents were both kiled (in "Arrow" his mother is alive and they even gave Oliver a sister). One of the positive moment - the actor who played Harry Dresden in the role of Quentin Lance.

Well I would have preferred an origin closer to the ones in the comics. The actor playing Green Arrow is better though. But like @Allie_Ho: said, he just needs the humor. Maybe they are experimenting with an alternative style like they did for Clark in Smallville. From what i can see they are pretty much using some Smallville concepts in Action comics now.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thespideyguy

We are trying to compare Arrow to Green Arrow. I never read Green Arrow but the show makes me want to read it. They are building the story.

P.s. When you read this Cannon keep in mind how many people complain to be "cool." And I think the show is good, but however goodish I do not wish to bias your opinion.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jorgevy

@xybernauts: so what if it was tease? I like that, because you never know if or when it's gonna happen, Smallville was a new way of adressing the mythos and it was kinda of rollercoaster. Only thing I didn't like was the 6-8 seasons, because they were kinda trying to see what the heck they wanted to do with it.

matchstick76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By matchstick76

Some bad acting here and there, but its good.

matchstick76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By matchstick76

Its good. Some bad acting here and there during the pilot episode, but I'm already seeing improvements, so yeah...its good.

Gordon Kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41  Edited By Gordon Kelly

Arrow the tv series is awsome. I know Smaillville is over and been on the air for 10 years 2001-2011. I thinks its good to have a change Arrow the tv show is awsome to replace Smallville. I would can tell that DC is doing its best. I only read DC Comics and Vertigo. I would like to see a Justice League movie in years to come. I know that people tell me that DC is not good at making movies and there terrible at it. DC only good at cartoon series and comics. I think there doing there best. I have never seen the Avengers movie and never will at all. Only DC movies and JL and JLU and animated films and Arrow I will watch. DC makes low budgent films but like I said there doing there best for there comic readers.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

The first two episodes were pretty bad, but the third episode picked up quite a bit, and the 4th episode was decent. .

So far I'd say it's much better then Smallville (which I hated), but there's still a few Smallville-esque elements to it that annoy me. Deathstroke is suppose to show up in the next episode, how well they handle him will determine whether or not I continue to watch the show after that.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

It's good, his kid sister is really growing on me, although I hate Laurel Lance, or should I say Faux Lois Lane I mean come on, even their initials match.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Yeah, I, personally, think they are very good. Best super-hero series I've seen.

You can check out these videos and then you would see how this show is. Probably some minor spoilers, but nothing too much.

One of the action scenes -

First encounter with Deadshot (not the full fight tough) -

And the humor aspect in the show -

This should give you an idea, about the show. ^_^

Gordon Kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45  Edited By Gordon Kelly

Smallville and the Arrow are filmed in Vancouver, Canada.

It would be awsome to see Speedy and also his son Green Arrow II in the nexts seasons of Arrow.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By xxxddd

@TheCannon: It has nothing to do with comicbook Green Arrow.

Other than that, it's a good show.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By dernman

It's good I like it.

benjieweiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By benjieweiss
No Caption Provided
JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By JLDoom

Its decent

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By 80sBaby

It's a very good show, imo and continues to get better with each episode.