Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8759 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell me what you guys think:

#1 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty decent episode, although I don't get why a highly trained hitman would stand right at the window when there were bullets flying around. I found that unrealistic and unbelievable. Oliver revealing his identity was pretty neat though.

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (16024 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to get home and watch this

#3 Posted by JediXMan (28067 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Pretty decent episode, although I don't get why a highly trained hitman would stand right at the window when there were bullets flying around. I found that unrealistic and unbelievable. Oliver revealing his identity was pretty neat though.

The identity reveal annoyed me. He's told way too many people this season.

#4 Posted by Nightwing4 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Diggs, Helena, Felicity and Tommy isn't WAY too many. Especially since he works with 2 (formerly 3) of them. Unless Mr. Merlyn was feigning unconsciousness and heard Ollie reveal his identidy.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (28067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing4 said:

Diggs, Helena, Felicity and Tommy isn't WAY too many. Especially since he works with 2 (formerly 3) of them. Unless Mr. Merlyn was feigning unconsciousness and heard Ollie reveal his identidy.

For the first season, it's too much. In general, the show is tipping its hand too early by revealing his identity to so many people and by using so many "big names" (I say "big names" by comic standards, since most non-fans will have no idea who these guys are).

#6 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Very dissapointed.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Nightwing4 said:

Diggs, Helena, Felicity and Tommy isn't WAY too many. Especially since he works with 2 (formerly 3) of them. Unless Mr. Merlyn was feigning unconsciousness and heard Ollie reveal his identidy.

For the first season, it's too much. In general, the show is tipping its hand too early by revealing his identity to so many people and by using so many "big names" (I say "big names" by comic standards, since most non-fans will have no idea who these guys are).

Really? I've missed out on a couple of episodes. All I know is he told his bodyguard, the smart blonde chick, and his best friend.

#8 Posted by BlackWind (4118 posts) - - Show Bio

I already have a theory how this reveal to Tommyis gonna go bad. Now that Tommy is softening up to his dad, when Malcom gets exposed or killed for real, Ollie is gonna get blamed for either causing it, not preventing it, or getting blackmailed for it.

#9 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

For the first season, it's too much. In general, the show is tipping its hand too early by revealing his identity to so many people and by using so many "big names" (I say "big names" by comic standards, since most non-fans will have no idea who these guys are).

Or it's setting itself up to not play by the rules of TV. I was impressed that they had Ollie revealing his identity.

#10 Posted by The Stegman (20871 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of annoying how badly Ollie treats Felicity. She's the only woman on the show who isn't annoying and/or boring, yet he pretty much just barks out orders at her and ignores her witty observations, a little gratitude would be nice Mr.Queen, she doesn't HAVE to do all of that computer stuff for you.

#11 Posted by Dogofwarorion (25 posts) - - Show Bio

an other thing that bug me is that deadshot is one eyed now. I mean if slade lose an eye like he did in the comics, it will be kind of weird that two of arrow's ennemies have this particular feature..

#12 Posted by thatlad (587 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are being unfairly critical. I thought Johns killed it on this episode, deadshot, china white, dark archer all on screen in one episode getting just enough screen time. Dinah was minimised (always good) & Thea not even involved (excellent). Action was good, characterisation was excellent. From Lawton's drinking to Oliver's reveal. I like they've kept deadshot in but reduced the size of the eyepiece. China White has potential.

I really like John Barrowman as Merlyn, I was really hoping it would be Tommy shot and it made things worse between Merlyn/Oliver. I hope they don't go down the opposite route, Barrowman is a better character & actor.

Bringing Alex Kingston is always good. I like that they're fleshing out Slade Wilson progressively, I was worried it would be annoying but it's actually more interesting than the previous Deathstroke, faceless/voiceless character. Deathstroke is a smart tactial warrior so makes sense to flesh him out before having him as a main enemy.

Anyway I thought this was Arrow getting back on form, the Dawson's creek crap stripped back and the action/character building working well. Let's hope the next episode is just as good....The Huntress Returns....ah shite