#1 Posted by MonkeyStarship (317 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people have bin saying Olivier is to much like Bruce in arrow, but i don't really see it. what makes him to much like batman?

#2 Posted by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

There are obvious similarities, but I wouldn't say it's "just like" Batman.

#3 Posted by sagejonathan (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

He's in the shadows all the time and acts very ominously. That's not how Green Arrow is supposed to roll.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (30193 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is putting way too much emphasis on his fighting than on his archery. That's the big problem here.

#5 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

There are certain scenes in Arrow where I've literally thought I was watching Batman. Obviously they are trying to make them similar.

The only example at the front of my mind is that Ollie gets poisoned or wounded and crashes on a roof and calls for help (to Diggle) in almost the exact same voice an situation as Batman calling Alfred in Batman Begins after being sprayed with the fear toxin.

#6 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie has parents.

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (7019 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow was created in the 40's for one reason only. DC wanted another Batman. As the characters grew and evolved that became less evident, but its always there. I don't see it as a bad thing though. I love both characters.

#8 Posted by _Azure (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

Green Arrow was created in the 40's for one reason only. DC wanted another Batman. As the characters grew and evolved that became less evident, but its always there. I don't see it as a bad thing though. I love both characters.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say!

#9 Posted by roboadmiral (544 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm thoroughly enjoying the show, he is acting more like Batman than Green Arrow. He's very grim and obsessive, and he doesn't have any of the swashbuckling, devil-may-care disposition Green Arrow is known for. We get a bit of it when he's being Ollie for his family and friends, but that's like Batman too. I get that they're trying to repeat a successful formula, but I do wish they'd try a bit harder to give Green Arrow his own voice.

#10 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

@roboadmiral said:

While I'm thoroughly enjoying the show, he is acting more like Batman than Green Arrow. He's very grim and obsessive, and he doesn't have any of the swashbuckling, devil-may-care disposition Green Arrow is known for. We get a bit of it when he's being Ollie for his family and friends, but that's like Batman too. I get that they're trying to repeat a successful formula, but I do wish they'd try a bit harder to give Green Arrow his own voice.

agreed....I see a lot of Batman in Arrow...from his scientific knowledge to his obsessiveness....I do also wish that they would try a little bit harder to make him more a little bit more distinct

it just seems like CW REALLY wanted a Batman show but DC and WB said no so they just disguised a Batman show as Arrow

#11 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

For the most part. I agree.

#12 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent9149 said:

Ollie has parents.

ooooooooooooooooooooooh oh shiit. lol

#13 Posted by Teerack (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver is supposed to be like batman. They have a sorta rivalry. Except Batman is smarter, and Queen is much more mentally healthy.