Arrow = Green Arrow?

zac0987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By zac0987

is the tv show Arrow based off of the comic book hero Green Arrow?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Yes. Although if you think of it in movie terms Season 1 was kind of his Origin story. He doesn't really embrace what it means to be a Superhero completely - which it looks like he will be doing this season.

I enjoy it very much. Its a bit edgier than Smallville was. As long as you don't mind CW-shows (ie: their target audience is teengers and young adults) its a good show.

Nightcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually ended up dropping it for two reasons. Almost everyone treats Ollie with a terrible attitude (quite literally since the very first episode), even though he was missing for what? Like over three or more years? The guy never seems to get a break. The second reason is a bit more stupid and I guess superficial, but I hated how they portrayed other comic book characters in it. At least in Smallville, major villains from the comics weren't killed off so easily and in the same episode they appeared in.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightcraft: No major villians were killed except for Dracon and King of the Royal Flush. Spoiler: Deadshot survived and became part of a sub-plot. He is connected to Ollies partners past. Vertigo and Chyna White are both still active as well as Huntress.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightcraft: Deadshot and Count Veritgo are still alive, but I do agree that people treat him like crap.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

Yes. It is.