entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By entropy_aegis
No Caption Provided

Casting call for Ra's Al Ghul, so Arrow fans please go ahead and tell me how it's NOT looking at Batman and saying"we totally want that". Merlyn and Slade already had a lot in common with Nolan's Ra's and Bane,now it appears this Ra's will actually be Bane and Ra's put together.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just waiting on the Joker or variation of him to make an appearance in Arrow.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4 frozen  Moderator

The show is completely ripping Batman's Rogues. To deny this is foolish by this point.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

The show is completely ripping Batman's Rogues. To deny this is foolish by this point.

Cant wait to see people defend this.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By legacy6364

I'm sorry, but I hate Arrow. It's too cheesy and unrealistic in my opinion.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Pretty much everything Slade did was copy and paste what Bane did in TDKR. And Merlyns plan was very similar to Ra's plan in Begins. Its happening again. lol

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much everything Slade did was copy and paste what Bane did in TDKR. And Merlyns plan was very similar to Ra's plan in Begins. Its happening again. lol

Amazing,they've milked 2 villains for 3 seasons.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@entropy_aegis:

Merlyn and Slade already had a lot in common with Nolan's Ra's and Bane,

I think I see what you're talking about with the Merlyn and Ra's comparison, but could you explain the Bane and Slade one? Not that I disagree, but I don't see much in common at a first glance.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

Merlyn and Slade already had a lot in common with Nolan's Ra's and Bane,

I think I see what you're talking about with the Merlyn and Ra's comparison, but could you explain the Bane and Slade one? Not that I disagree, but I don't see much in common at a first glance.

Isabel/Talia, convict army, bankrupting companies of the protagonists,Slade obviously watched TDKR while making his key plans those are the more overt and undeniable similarities. There are others like the setting of the flashback fight between Ollie & Slade and Batman & Bane first fight, Ollie imprisoned/Bruce imprisoned,city on verge of annihilation,League of Shadows/Assassins involved in both(they played different roles but still), Sebastian Blood/John Dagget,Slade swag was similar to Bane swag(Slade flexing his fingers,Bane was doing that too,just not as often)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: Batman does exist in the Arrow universe though. I believe there was a Wayne Enterprises/Queen Industries coalition easter egg in the Flash pilot {though from the future}.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

@frozen said:

@entropy_aegis: Batman does exist in the Arrow universe though. I believe there was a Wayne Enterprises/Queen Industries coalition easter egg in the Flash pilot {though from the future}.

I hope he doesn't show up,and I say this for Arrow's sake.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@entropy_aegis said:

Casting call for Ra's Al Ghul, so Arrow fans please go ahead and tell me how it's NOT looking at Batman and saying"we totally want that". Merlyn and Slade already had a lot in common with Nolan's Ra's and Bane,now it appears this Ra's will actually be Bane and Ra's put together.

No Caption Provided

People still try to tell you this isnt TDK Trilogy TV show?

This has to be the most hilarious thread in Comicvine.

No Caption Provided
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yes you're right Arrow and TDKT have alot in common, I'd still wouldn't go as far as to say it's a ripoff. I still love the show though, much for the same reasons I like TDKT

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis said:

@deathpoolthet1000: LOL yeah,I've argued for a long time but people just refuse to budge.

The hilarious thing is that people that often hates Nolan Batman, like Arrow.

Its like a rule for the Nolan Haters.

Also Isnt like Green Arrow forums, like a long thread on how Arrow isnt Batman Begins, with a lesser budget?

http://www.comicvine.com/green-arrow/4005-5936/forums/arrow-dark-knight-trilogy-fan-fiction-1509942/#3

That's true,Season 2 is widely praised on these forums but TDKR which inspired it isn'y

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@deathpoolthet1000: LOL yeah,I've argued for a long time but people just refuse to budge.

The hilarious thing is that people that often hates Nolan Batman, like Arrow.

Its like a rule for the Nolan Haters.

Also Isnt like Green Arrow forums, like a long thread on how Arrow isnt Batman Begins, with a lesser budget?

http://www.comicvine.com/green-arrow/4005-5936/forums/arrow-dark-knight-trilogy-fan-fiction-1509942/#3

That's true,Season 2 is widely praised on these forums but TDKR which inspired it isn'y

No Caption Provided

It looks i have to get into the Arrow threads to get all the fun.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stopped watching Arrow after the first 17 episodes, its a Green Arrow show without Green Arrow.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

To play devil's advocate here, Nolan's Ra's didn't have an accent (unless you count his Irish accent).

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Ha true. Also this just crossed my mind but those flashbacks are a little Batman Begins esque huh? Also Ollies and Slades relationship is almost exactly like Bruce and Ra's'. Two more similarities to mark down. Lol

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By entropy_aegis

This new development satisfies me immensely for 2 reasons:

First of all Arrow fans cant go around this one,the casting call is blatantly laying out what it wants.

Secondly even Arrow creators admit Hardy's Bane>Neeson's Ra's,why would they ask upcoming Ra's actors to look at Bane instead of um Ra's himself. TDKR haters who love Arrow(and possibly Begins) must be feeling damn stupid right now.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new development satisfies me immensely for 2 reasons:

First of all Arrow fans cant go around this one,the casting call is blatantly laying out what it wants.

Secondly even Arrow creators admit Hardy's Bane>Neeson's Ra's,why would they ask upcoming Ra's actors to look at Bane instead of um Ra's himself. TDKR haters who love Arrow(and possibly Begins) must be feeling damn stupid right now.

No Caption Provided

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

So...many...laughing...gifs...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'll still watch Arrow :P, despite these similarities.

But denying the fact that it's using the Nolan universe as a cane to standon is stupid at this point.

I will as well lol.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares?

Hopefully Arrow actually starts behaving more like Green Arrow sometime soon though

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Meh, I knew it had similarities to Batman since season one. Oliver seemed a lot like Batman to me, but slowly he's growing out of that broody persona and hopefully into something more like he is in the comics.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares?

Hopefully Arrow actually starts behaving more like Green Arrow sometime soon though

I do,because Arrow fans come up with a million and one excuses when told it's just a Batman show,now I have evidence to back my claims,straight from the horses mouth.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Arrow is obviously heavily influenced by the Batman mythos, particularily the Nolan franchise. And they've already used a large number of Batman enemies. Even The Arrow himself has a very much Batman feel to him, though he is evolving and slowly shying away from that to turn in the Green Arrow in the comics. However, with all that said, do all these things make really make Arrow any less watchable? Nope. And despite all these similarities, Arrow has actually managed to become its own thing. It's Heavily influenced from Batman but I wouldn't call it a rip-off. I find it weird that most of these people screaming "RIPOFF!!" are probably gonna have their eyes glued to screen once Arrow airs anyway.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares?

Beat me by 2 seconds. Also by the looks of the season 3 trailer I think he does

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Fallschirmjager

The only sad thing here is that you've had to bump your thread who's goal is to whine and complain multiple times.

Seriously. Its pretty pathetic.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By buttersdaman000

@entropy_aegis said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Who cares?

I do,because Arrow fans come up with a million and one excuses when told it's just a Batman show,now I have evidence to back my claims,straight from the horses mouth.

Any Arrow fan who truly believes the show doesn't heavily relies on TDKT will still find a way around this casting call. You can't argue with trolls man (though sometimes it is entertaining)

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This is a pointless thing to get upset about. Just enjoy the show.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

Arrow is obviously heavily influenced by the Batman mythos, particularily the Nolan franchise. And they've already used a large number of Batman enemies. Even The Arrow himself has a very much Batman feel to him, though he is evolving and slowly shying away from that to turn in the Green Arrow in the comics. However, with all that said, do all these things make really make Arrow any less watchable? Nope. And despite all these similarities, Arrow has actually managed to become its own thing. It's Heavily influenced from Batman but I wouldn't call it a rip-off. I find it weird that most of these people screaming "RIPOFF!!" are probably gonna have their eyes glued to screen once Arrow airs anyway.

I just want Arrow fans to acknowledge it,I'm not saying it's bad or that I wont watch it. There were actually idiots who were telling me that Ra's is not a Batman villain.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Yeah I guess that's true.

This is a pointless thing to get upset about. Just enjoy the show.

Not upset man.

The only sad thing here is that you've had to bump your thread who's goal is to whine and complain multiple times.

Seriously. Its pretty pathetic.

Actually the point is to challenge those who claim otherwise,why so bitter?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: That is the reason i post it every single Arrow thread i find.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Who cares?

He seems a little better, but he still acts as if he has a stick up his a$$. I'm waiting for him to become more socially aware and less brooding. Oh, and goatee

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Who cares?

He seems a little better, but he still acts as if he has a stick up his a$$. I'm waiting for him to become more socially aware and less brooding. Oh, and goatee

That reminds me of this comic

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By entropy_aegis

@buttersdaman000 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Who cares?

That reminds me of this comic

Hilarious.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@entropy_aegis: Well that's just plain stupid, but I think those are in the minority. I think most people that Arrow is obviously influenced by Batman, but I stress the word "influenced". I am against using the term "ripoff" because it's not. It's its own thing.

Avatar image for iamrightyouknow
iamrightyouknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes i cant waight to see batman on arrow

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

@entropy_aegis: Well that's just plain stupid, but I think those are in the minority. I think most people that Arrow is obviously influenced by Batman, but I stress the word "influenced". I am against using the term "ripoff" because it's not. It's its own thing.

Influenced wouldnt mean they take the Villians and plots.

It would mean take the logic behind Nolan movies.

@deathpoolthet1000: Wow he's funny, has a beard, and is actually GREEN. He's way better.

And that is why i post it so damn often, zero budget and still is more Green Arrow.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The Dark Knight trilogy is extremely popular so its unsurprising that Arrow show-runners take inspiration from it.

All I've seen people mainly arguing about around here in regards to this, is when people say the show has nothing but Batman villains in it, and then proceed to name a bunch of characters who are not Batman villains in the first place (eg Deathstroke).

Unfortunately Arrow mishandled most of Green Arrow's actual Rogue's Gallery and now many of them are dead.

--------------------------------------------

Outside of that whilst Arrow takes some influence from DKT the execution is very different (more comic-booky for one thing)

There are other aspects to Arrow that people like which are not from DKT, such as the interaction between Arrow/Diggle/Felicity.

A lot of what happened in the Dark Knight Trilogy has been done in James Bond movies for years anyway.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 frozen  Moderator

@silent_bomber: Too many rogues used in Arrow are associated with Batman.

• Deadshot
  • Huntress
  • Bronze Tiger
  • League of Assassains
  • Dollmaker

It weakens the overall validity of the show being 'Arrow'.