TheTruthNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Both win against Hyperion lol.

New 52 benched the earths weight for 5 days and wanted more weight

Pre 52 has plenty of feats showing he can take him down.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Current Hyperion held two planets apart (a feat i doubt superman has done) & withstood a two universe getting destroyed i think he takes it .

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Simon_the_digger

I'll go with the guy who benched the weight of the world for 5 days.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

@hellionvulcan: Holding 2 planets apart could be used here since Pre-52 has never had such a feat (New 52 seems stronger still, though) but withstanding a universe destruction means nothing here cause it's not a strength feat.

Avatar image for eagerbuttermilk
eagerbuttermilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FrankBarone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FrankBarone

@thetruthnerds said:

He did not bench the Earth's weight for 5 days. The writer does not know what a bench press is. Superman was in a position to do an overhead press, which actually requires more strength than a bench press (as anyone who has worked out will tell you) but at no point in the comic does he do any reps, he's simply holding the weight. In weight lifting terms he's executed the first part of a clean and jerk, the easy part. The hard part is extending and he doesn't extend. It's an impressive feat but it has NOTHING on working against the weight of two planets breaking apart. Hyperion could probably beat Superman in an arm wrestling match 1 arm v 2.

@Ssejllenrad Of course it's a strength feat. He's supporting weight just as Superman was supporting weight in his so called bench press feat.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: he not holding 2 planets...in fact he failed.also,he not take universe buster,he just live,nothing can prove he take this destruction

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: he not holding 2 planets...in fact he failed.also,he not take universe buster,he just live,nothing can prove he take this destruction

No, he hold them, but they collapsed because there was too much force used.

New Hyperion easily wins arm wrestling with Pre-52 Superman and just wins with New Superman.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bo88gdan

Hyperion wins

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@czarny_samael666: Nope,read scan,he not hold them in his Bare hands,also,he was failed,he not success,where show us he hold two planets in his hands?He didn't even touch them,also,he actually survived is something that has yet to be clearly explained. It was pretty vague.Hyperion surviving the destruction of his universe has nothing to do with his durability.this even no explosion,just universe collapsing ,And More than likely it was some sort of factors that kept him alive. If cosmic beings like Eternity, Galactus etc didn't survive it just proves there were factors surrounding Hyperion's survival.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By oceanmaster21

hyperion wins 4 out of 10

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Dc will you quit throwing away your retcons with silliness? I swear they keep writing themselves into power eb corners than have to reboot everything to fix it than just do it allover again LOL

TheTruthNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frankbarone:

@thetruthnerds said:

He did not bench the Earth's weight for 5 days. The writer does not know what a bench press is. Superman was in a position to do an overhead press, which actually requires more strength than a bench press (as anyone who has worked out will tell you) but at no point in the comic does he do any reps, he's simply holding the weight. In weight lifting terms he's executed the first part of a clean and jerk, the easy part. The hard part is extending and he doesn't extend. It's an impressive feat but it has NOTHING on working against the weight of two planets breaking apart. Hyperion could probably beat Superman in an arm wrestling match 1 arm v 2.

@Ssejllenrad Of course it's a strength feat. He's supporting weight just as Superman was supporting weight in his so called bench press feat.

Dude that is called a chest press. Same thing only you're working out your upper chest. It does require more strength, but it's all the same superman benched the earths weight for 5 days and asked for more. I'm somewhat of a bodybuilder.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ssejllenrad

@frankbarone: I was talking about surviving the universe bust. That is a durability feat. Not a strength feat.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Is not universe bust,read scan,is universe collaps,if i can surviving a building collaps not mean i have extremely durable,also,if cosmic beings like Eternity, Galactus etc didn't survive it just proves there were factors surrounding Hyperion's survival.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad

@powerwoman: Yeah but it's still a durability feat at best and means nothing in an arm wrestling battle. My only point is that it is not a strength feat and so it cannot be used here.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: yes,is not strength feats,also this not durability feats, ,if cosmic beings like Eternity, Galactus etc didn't survive it just proves there were factors surrounding Hyperion's survival.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By TifaLockhart

Who is this "arm wrestling superman" and is he anything like "butterscotch batman?"

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Killemall

Its hard to argue against Hyperion feat because it clearly says on the scan "he held them (2 earths) apart".

Not to mention it was an incusion, where 2 universes collide with each other, collision begins with the collision of earth. Hyperion held back 2 planet, and prevent the collision of 2 universe for a short time, however short it may be. The universe finally collided, broke, yet hyperion was there without a damn scratch.

Pretty sure it wont be consistent for Hyperion, but thats just insane feat for any modern heroes to match.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed. It's like the time Rhino punched Nova into orbit. Clearly he did, but is it his average?

FrankBarone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FrankBarone

@PowerWoman You're not reading the scan. It says "Hyperion held them apart" so he is holding the weight of two planets as they are being destroyed. Hyperion is planet buster level. Previous incarnations of the character have fought Gladiator to a standstill and killed the Hulk. Hyperion is much, much stronger than Superman.

@TheTruthNerds It's not a chest press. He is not pressing any weight. He is just holding it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frankbarone: you not show me where show us he hold two planets in his hand,

No Caption Provided

where?tell me,where?he even not touch them

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TifaLockhart

LOL, "sextillion."

FrankBarone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No one said he held them in his hands, he is holding them apart, he is bracing himself against the weight. It's similar to Superman's 'bench press' feat, he's pushing against weight only in this case a lot more weight than Superman.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Yes,he survivel,but these not like big bang or universe explosion,just universe collaps,if i can survivel building collaps not mean i have extremely durable,If cosmic beings like Eternity, Galactus etc didn't survive it just proves there were factors surrounding Hyperion's survival.also,he not hold planets,he hold worlds,read scan,he hold two worlds untill world break,cascading energy collapsing two universe,if this is planets,how can a world break energy enough collapsing two universe?

i think this feats isnt strength feats,just abstract feats,he even not touch them

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

No Caption Provided

No one said he held them in his hands, he is holding them apart, he is bracing himself against the weight. It's similar to Superman's 'bench press' feat, he's pushing against weight only in this case a lot more weight than Superman.

he not hold them in his hand,so this feats isnt strength feats,because he even not touch them,more like just abstract feats,and this also not planets,read scan,this is worlds,when world break even collapsing two universe,i dont think this is planets

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TifaLockhart

If you read the words, he held them. It's not just pictures, like the Anti-Monitor isn't going to be drawn actually destroying the universe.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TifaLockhart

So, Hyperion is as strong as Hal Spectre. OK!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is it any different from Superman clearly not touching the planet in his bench pressing feat?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: I dont argue who stronger,i'm just say Hyperion not held two planets and not survivel some big bang or universe explosion。people dont read scan,this is very sad

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you own the issue?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even so, just because you interpret it differently than others, doesn't mean they're wrong.

May I ask if English is your primary language?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: My view is based on the fact,you can agree it or not,but the first,the scan clear tell us these isnt planets,is worlds,Two,he not survivel big bang or universe explosion,in the scan,you can easily found universe collaps

yes,english isnt my first language

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TifaLockhart

Then I guess it's best to agree to disagree.

EDIT: I just realized this could be taken the wrong way. I meant because you stated that your views are facts, not because English isn't your primary. Apologies.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By King_Saturn

I am curious of what Superman's strength limit is... it's obviously not just a planet because even in the scan because he is acting as if the weight is not that much. Now what I am curious about with that Hyperion scan is how long did he hold these planets apart ? How big are these planets that he held apart ?

That last question is key... because if both the planets Hyperion held apart was Earth sized... and Superman's physical strength limit is at levels of holding something with the mass / weight of Jupiter or Saturn... then Superman would be stronger because obviously Jupiter and Saturn have mass much greater than a couple of Earth sized planets.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But they both did it without being pushed to their limits.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PowerWoman

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Lol,is ok We're have a civilized discussion.

I am curious of what Superman's strength limit is... it's obviously not just a planet because even in the scan because he is acting as if the weight is not that much. Now what I am curious about with that Hyperion scan is how long did he hold these planets apart ? How big are these planets that he held apart ?

That last question is key... because if both the planets Hyperion held apart was Earth sized... and Superman's physical strength limit is at levels of holding something with the mass / weight of Jupiter or Saturn... then Superman would be stronger because obviously Jupiter and Saturn have mass much greater than a couple of Earth sized planets.

Not planets,you can see scan,is WORLDS,i dont know why people say planet and planet again again,if this is planets,how can a planet break collapsing two universe?!more like just abstract feats

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A world can be a planet.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: sorry,is a planet cant just break collapsing universe,also,the hyperion strength feats no too much,is hard to say he was no limits.of course,superman have limites too

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Yes,he survivel,but these not like big bang or universe explosion,just universe collaps

Have you read the series?

What was happening was called Incursion, where 2 universe collide with each other, the collision point being Earth from the 2 different universes. Once the universe collide, i.e. hit each other, they blow up destroying everything, destroying 2 entire universes.

Which is what he survived, 2 universe hitting each other together and blowing up.

Thats exactly what is going to happen to marvel universe (616) and that is what New Avengers in their ongoing story are trying to prevent.

This is explained in New Avengers issues better, where Reed shows up a whole chart.

if i can survivel building collaps not mean i have extremely durable

If you can survive 2 cars colliding with each other, without the whole air bag thing, than you are indeed pretty damn durable. Thats exactly what happened.

CitizenBane even asked this to Hickman himself

No Caption Provided

If cosmic beings like Eternity, Galactus etc didn't survive it just proves there were factors surrounding Hyperion's survival.

Given the fact that NONE of the cosmic being you mentioned where even once shown on panel or even spoken of, i dont see how thats the point.

And it doesnt matter , unless you can show me a scan, a bio, or writer saying anything that there was some major factor surrounding Hyperion's survival.

When i asked Hickman in there was indeed any factor involved he just humored me.

No Caption Provided

Not to mention another fellow stated something that Hickman agreed.

No Caption Provided

So thats exactly what happened, Hyperion somehow held back 2 worlds from colliding, he held back not just 2 planet but 2 whole universes from collision. But the planet crumbled, the universe collided and it was destroyed.

2 entire universes where destroyed Hyperion does not have a scratch.

also,he not hold planets,he hold worlds,

Its the same thing, you can see 2 planets Hyperion is in between them.

read scan

I have read the scan, read the issue, read the tie in with New Avengers, asked the writer a lot of questions, read what writer replied to other fans.

:

he hold two worlds untill world break

And thats why its an awesome feat. He held back 2 worlds (planets) until they broke, he couldnt hold back any longer because the 2 universe were trying to collide with each other.

cascading energy collapsing two universe,if this is planets,how can a world break energy enough collapsing two universe?

You will need to read New Avengers to understand that, and its fantastic, its an awesome comic read it.

What actually happened was universes in the multiverse are moving towards each other, like something 2 galaxies does, they are going to hit the 2 universe, and the point of impact is going to be earth. It was the force of incursion that was stopped, for a short time, and it was that force that destroyed the universes.

In New Avengers 03, written by Hickman as well, New Avengers do something very similar to what Hyperion did in that scan, they are trying to prevent two universe colliding because of the same factor, incursion. They however are using the infinity gauntlet.

No Caption Provided

So in order to stop the collision what needs to be done? "....push the other Earth - the other UNIVERSE-- away"

Thats what Hyperion did, pushed for a short time, but failed.

No Caption Provided

"He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us.. "

That dialogue was said in regards to Captain America pushing back universe before it collided to 616 earth, what Hyperion did was exactly same, because of the same thing "The Incursion".

Cap succeed , although Infinity Gauntlet broke, Hyperion failed.

i think this feats isnt strength feats,just abstract feats,he even not touch them

Not sure how this is an abstract feat, he is shown pushing back 2 entire universe for a short time, till the pressure of the push actually ripped apart the 2 planets then the whole universe collapsed.

I dont see how its not a strength feat, and a very impressive feat at that.

Its just, i am quite certain Hyperion isnt going to be shown as powerful as this in any other issues

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion Round 1

Pre 52 Supes Round 2

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PowerWoman

@killemall: wow.nice point,but the writer's answer isnt convince me

yep,world not planet for sure,he not touch them,if this is strength feats i dont know how work if he even not touch each other,the universe not like big bang or explosion,i think the scan clear tell us this is universe collaps,collaps not mean explosion at least the scan not show us where say universe explosion,so universe collaps what mean?if i can survivel building collaps,not mean i have extremely durable,yes,two universe is colliding with each other,but not mean hyperion 100 % take it,,like i say,he actually survived is something that has yet to be clearly explained. It was pretty vague,the worlds isnt planets,because when worlds break is collapsing two universe,i dont think planets break can collapsing two universe,more like it abstract feats

The problem is,he even not touch them,he just in between them.so is very hard to belive this is physical feats,also,universe not blow up or explosion,i dont think universe collaps can prove his durable,he survivel should be have other reason

yep,i cant show you in the scan have some cosmic being,but the marvel tell us every universe would be have Eternity.Galactus,because the Eternity is universe itself,so if Eternity and Galactus not survivel i dont why he can survivel it(and this not universe esplosion)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Killemall

@killemall: wow.nice point,but the writer's answer isnt convince me

Unless you are saying Hickman just lied to the fan i dont see what you are trying to tell me. He is the one who wrote the issue and he seem to disagree with you.

yep,world not planet for sure

World given the context its used on the scan can either mean a planet or a universe,given the fact that it clearly says "... until the worlds broke. The cascading energy collapsing the universes", so it cant be universe it HAS to be planet.

You dont believe me here are links to a couple of dictionary which has meaning of the word "World"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/world

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/world

Why does he have to touch them, its clearly says he held 2 worlds apart, we seem him between 2 planet, we know 2 universe are colliding, we know he doesnt have any other power apart from super-strength that he could possible use.

Not sure what your disagreement really is.

Why would it matter if you know how it works or not?

And we KNOW how it works. We have New Avengers 02 which explains how an incursion work, so we know whats going on, we have New Avengers 03 which shows an incursion of how it was temporarily stopped, using Infinity Gauntlet. We see the issue, we see what it says in the issue, we see Writers commentary everything shows Hyperion did in fact hold 2 planet apart, preventing using his strength and strength alone , the force of the collision which Hyperion stopped was so great that 2 planets were torn apart because of the same force and it ended up with 2 universe colliding and both the universe were destroyed.

Whats there NOT to know how it works.

2 universes are hitting each other hard enough to actually destroy them both, how exactly is it anything different?

And Hyperion is in the center of the explosion, DEAD CENTER.

Not sure how that changes anything.

The reason universe collapsed was because 2 universe hit each other hard enough to destroy them both. The result destruction of the 2 planets, then the destruction of the 2 universe, Hyperion is in the dead center , and still unharmed.

Universe collapse means it was destroyed.. O_o i thought that was pretty clear.

Again, you are trying to take everything out of context.

First question, why did the universe collapse?

Like i am asking u a second time, have you read the series??

Because you seem to have ONLY read the Avengers, but what actually is happening there is explained in New Avengers (i will post few scans below later).

2 universe collided and broke down.

So tell me something, 2 houses collide with each other, the collision is powerful enough to collapse both houses, you are in the middle of the 2 houses, right dead center of the collision, 2 houses collapse you dont have a scratch? How exactly does it now show you are extremely durable????

What is happening in the scan, is a cosmic event called the Incursion, it works pretty much like this car crash

No Caption Provided

If you are exactly in between the 2 cars, would you not take nearly 100% of the damage?

If you are interested, New Avengers 02 explains us how the incursion works

Notice how the point of impact for 2 universes is their respective earths, and how Hyperion is right in the middle of 2 earths.

In order for you say the underlined part you will need to show me a scan that says there are things about the crash that needs to be explained.

Since there is absolutely nothing in the issue that says there was something left to be explained so far, we have the writer agree that there is nothing special that prevented Hyperion from surviving that underline part does not matter.

Unless you can PROVE there is special circumstances, there isnt.

I dont see anything vague AT ALL in the issue, not sure why you keep telling that.

There are 2 dictionary defination of World i have posted which says World means Earth, when the sentence is written in the comics Hyperion is in between 2 Earth, i see no reason why it would mean anything else.

I just explained you why the universe broke in my last reply, not sure why you ignored that.

It wasnt the breaking of the planet that lead to the collapse of the universe, it was because of a cosmic event called Incursion. I have posted the scan above here is the explanation: Universes throughout the multiverse is moving towards each other, these universe are going to hit each other, it was the collision of the universe that broke it.

Now Hyperion wanted to prevent this from happening, so he was in between 2 planets (Earths) somehow pushing them back, but the force of incursion was so strong first the planets broke apart then the universe hit and collapse destroying everything in the universe.

I have no idea why you keep saying that when the only power he has is strength.

Feat like Superman lifting a book of infinite pages is ignored because we do not know how heavy that is, we however know Captain Marvel was there lifting it too, and given the fact that Superman lifted it we know it cant be infinite, because no one can lift infinite weight.

This feat is VERY different, we know how powerful incursion is, it is powerful enough to break first 2 planets and then 2 universes, which is what Hyperion prevented for a short time.

Its a strength feat, an awesome strength feat, something Hickman agreed as i posted the conversation with him.

The problem is,he even not touch them

Why does he need to touch them?

We know 2 universe are colliding, there is a force that is pushing 2 planets to hit each other, we know Hyperion is in between, we know he prevented the planets from colliding long enough for the force which is pushing them to actually break the planet apart.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Then tell me how exactly did he do what was said in the comics

"Hyperion held them (planets) apart"

Without physical strength, when his physical strength is the only power that can be used there, he doesnt have any other power to use.

Again you keep saying this, my question is simple , going back to your house collapsing example, why would a house collapse? And why did the universe in this case collapse?

Answer me the two and you will find why the feat is so impressive.

Unless you can show me a scan that says there was some context on HOW Hyperion survived, there is none for the time being.

Comics doesnt say there is any context, the writer agrees there is no context, so unless you can site a proof your personal opinion doesnt count at all here, i am afraid.

yep,i cant show you in the scan have some cosmic being,but the marvel tell us every universe would be have Eternity.Galactus,because the Eternity is universe itself,so if Eternity and Galactus not survivel i dont why he can survivel it(and this not universe esplosion)

And we also know there is a god likely multiversal guardian in marvel, called Living Tribunal, whose job is to safeguard the multiverse. We also know that incursion is going to destroy the whole multiverse.

Hickman has ignored living tribunal much like he has ignored abstracts.

Eternity does NOT die once the universe is destroyed. In reality 83432, Korvac used the ultimate nullifier to destroy that universe but while the universe was destroyed Eternity was still alive.

No Caption Provided

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Round 1 goes to Hyperion.Round 2 goes to Supes.