• 69 results
#1 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Talk about anything you want about Arkham Origins. Did you pre order it? Are you happy with the assassins? Are you excited? Did you like Arkham Asylum and/or City? Do you like the Batman design? Do you like the fighting styles? The graphics? The gadgets? The side missions? The Riddler challenges? Etc.

I will also count off the days until it's released on October 25 at midnight (if i fall asleep before midnight in Friday someone else will have to say it or i will in the morning). I apologize if someone is in a different time zone so just shout out when its midnight in your area. If you get the game on October 25 come here and talk about your experiences with it and how you like it so far.

I will start the countdown...

2 DAYS LEFT UNTIL ARKHAM ORIGINS IS RELEASED!

#2 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist: i saw it he's looking good. Definitely sounds like a younger Mark Hamill Joker. Did you pre order?

#4 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting this and AC4 for my brother's birthday hope this one's good

#7 Edited by MonsterStomp (18091 posts) - - Show Bio

What! Where's the AC4 countdown? I'm not complaining or anything.

#8 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: here:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/assassins-creed-4-discussion-1507243/#1

Sorry i just threw it together real quick but I'm in school.

#9 Edited by Zmasonite (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: I heard something about being able to play deathstroke. Is this true?

#10 Posted by Kangaxx_54 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: I heard something about being able to play deathstroke. Is this true?

If you preorder, yes. You'll only get to play him in challenge maps though.

#11 Posted by Zmasonite (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

I. Must. Play. Slade.

@zmasonite said:

If you preorder, yes. You'll only get to play him in challenge maps though.

thank you. What are some other awesome feature about the new game i have epicly failed at keeping up with it partly due to the fact that im not going to be able to buy it for a while. I sadly am console-less atm.

#12 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

Troy Baker really is the true successor to Mark Hamill. To the next generation of Batfans he will be the Joker.

#13 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@zmasonite: yeah basically what Kang said. You can only play as him if you pre order and you can only play as him on challenge maps. Which disappoints me because i wanted him to be an open world character like cat woman was in Arkham City.

@rogueshadow: yeah he's doing extremely well IMO.

#14 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: Oh... and I watched the full video of Arkham Origins... very disappointed. I can't wait for the day when gameplay is as graphic as cutscenes, then we can see a real Deathstroke vs Batman fight, though we'll probably be in the PS5 era by then.

#15 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: lol you caved. Anyway i agree about the graphics but not even graphics better then the cutscenes' could have made that battle better... Although i heard that DS comes back later so I'm hoping that's true.

Another thing is that in the DS trailer it showed deadshot shoot at DS's sword and i thought that it was awesome seeing the assassins compete against one another and DS and bats having an ACTUAL REALISTIC fight. By that i mean having what that trailer showed and bats losing to DS until deadshot intervened and bats got away or having DS beat and capture bats and bats escaping somehow; but no they just made DS get whooped and made him look like a pushover. It was embarrassing to my name.

P.S. The graphics should be better when you play the game yourself cause that guy had terrible graphics.

#16 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: What I Mean is that we're never going to get a really true portrayal of DS vs BM until graphics and game mechanics improve massively. But also, that fight looked far too easy [the guy just sucked], it should have incorporated more than just explosives and there should have been moves that are impossible to dodge so that if you get hit again within certain amount of time - you're dead, just to make it harder. Seriously, I mean this is DeathStroke for God's sake, the most skilled fighter Arkham Batman's ever faced, unless that guy was playing on easy... then it was way too easy. I'm almost positive he will resurface later in the game for a real boss fight. I till think the game looks really good, but I was expecting GOTY material. The Last of Us is the one to beat in my opinion, I was expecting Origins to rival it.

#18 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

ONE DAY REMAINING! I REPEAT ONE DAY REMAINING!

*hires drummer to give a drumroll until it's released*

#19 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I found the challenges but I can't play as Deathstroke yet despite dloading him?

Staff
#21 Posted by MonsterStomp (18091 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw it in the shops. It was staring at me, trying to compel me and stuff. It was torture. I'll come back for you!

#22 Edited by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be happy as long as Batman gets his a$$ kicked by Deathstroke and the only reason Batman survives is because Deathstroke gets bored I don't want some plot victory bs.

Saw the DS fight and I'm disappointed.

#23 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

It just arrived! AAAAAARGH!

#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio

Ps3 users, on Friday I dloaded and installed deathstroke but he doesn't appear in the challenges. Same w black mask. Wont be able to try again until tomorrow but does anyone else have that problem?

Staff
#25 Edited by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone ran into problems with the game constantly freezing up? I'm currently playing it on the Xbox 360 and every now and then it will freeze up. Just curious if anyone else is having this problem.

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: happened to me once or twice

I happened to me when I first tried to get to the title screen and it would happened during some of the bigger action cutscenes, but now it'll happen randomly while I'm out in the city. Last night while I was playing I had it freeze up a couple of times while fighting some random thugs and one time while I was literally running across a rooftop. I really hope they put out a patch for this.

#28 Posted by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I don't think I'll get this one. I'll wait for the real sequel.

#29 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6184 posts) - - Show Bio

Its good got it yesterday. Not as good as City or AA but really good IMO

#30 Edited by DoctorThomasElliot (276 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

Its good got it yesterday. Not as good as City or AA but really good IMO

I thought the main story was on levels with AC. It wasn't as great as anything we'd seen already, but I thought it lived up to the previous games in terms of story.

#32 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6184 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I'm on the part affer Bane blew up Waynes house. So I'm not done lol but its really good the story is what makes it really good. It was a twist but it wasnt as climactic as City and Asylum was so far. Did you fight Shiva yet?

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Ps3 users, on Friday I dloaded and installed deathstroke but he doesn't appear in the challenges. Same w black mask. Wont be able to try again until tomorrow but does anyone else have that problem?

Staff
#34 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: Honestly, it never quite hit that peak in tension for me, it's very anticlimactic, it sort of makes sense since it's really the beginning of Batman, but it didn't have the same momentum AA & AC had. Also, Shiva appears in side missions, they are pretty cool.I haven't seen Deathtroke yet, except maybe once.

Overall it's pretty good, not as good as the previous games in the series in my opinion.

Also, does anybody know if you catch actually catch the Riddler? I've shut down the relays & towers, now I have to collect all of the datapacks, can you ever actually get into his room, I got to catch Black Mask, I really want to catch that smug Riddling b*stard.

Does anybody know?

#35 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: it froze on me when i first tried playing it. I tried it two more times and it finally worked the third time. @rogueshadow: idk. I haven't played much i have had a busy weekend. But i beat that one DS fight and it was actually a lot more challenging then it looked, but still sad.

#36 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone ran into problems with the game constantly freezing up? I'm currently playing it on the Xbox 360 and every now and then it will freeze up. Just curious if anyone else is having this problem.

God yes, it was fine during the main game, but now it's seriously annoying, happens every 10 minutes now.

#37 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6184 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Ya you to collect the data. And ya I fought her but I got hit lol no achievement haha. But ya its pretty good.

#38 Edited by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: But do you get to actually catch him? Yeah I got hit too, I might go back and play on easy to get some more trophies.

@deathstroke19 said:

@war_killer: it froze on me when i first tried playing it. I tried it two more times and it finally worked the third time. @rogueshadow: idk. I haven't played much i have had a busy weekend. But i beat that one DS fight and it was actually a lot more challenging then it looked, but still sad.

I thought the the fight was okay & I played on hard, I got hit once, it didn't feel challenging enough, hardest fights were the Bane ones in my opinion, dodging his charges were actually very difficult, Croc, once again, was a b*tch, I caught Black Mask and that was pretty cool, Shiva was my favourite, after the Joker of course, playing as him and listening to his monologue process was cool. Troy Baker made it his own, but definitely retained the Soul of Mark Hamill.

#39 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: how was the multiplayer? I haven't played it yet.

#40 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: lol. So you liked the rest of the story? (Please Don't give out any spoilers yet I'm not done yet)

#42 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: I really enjoyed it, but it was anticlimactic, it never quite got there if you know what I mean, not as good as the last two, but still better than 90% of other games. I don't think it's going to get GOTY to be honest, I have a feeling the next Arkham game is going to blow our minds though.

#43 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: cool. Idk there was even going to be another one.

#44 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I'm on the part affer Bane blew up Waynes house. So I'm not done lol but its really good the story is what makes it really good. It was a twist but it wasnt as climactic as City and Asylum was so far. Did you fight Shiva yet?

I fought Shiva, but it wasn't anything amazing. I didn't care much for the finally battle with Bane (as it really wasn't a battle). The fight with Deathstroke was fun as it really felt like you were fighting someone in actual hand-to-hand combat.

@war_killer said:

God yes, it was fine during the main game, but now it's seriously annoying, happens every 10 minutes now.

It freezes on me at random times now. I'll be running around the city and it will suddenly freeze and I have to turn my system off. It's quite annoying and I hope they will release a patch to correct this problem.

#45 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: Yeah Rocksteady are making a sequel to City, rumours say it will be a Silver age game, with the JL present. Hey, did you spot the Flying Graysons & Zatanna posters in Jezbel Plaza? I thought they were pretty cool, I suppose he meets Dick within a few weeks of this game.

#46 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Huh, mine isn't that bad, I restart the game in the start menu and it' okay for a bit then, you should try that.

#47 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: no. I really haven't gotten to far. I will have to check on that though. About that sequel to city... Sounds awesome!

#48 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: I'm wondering whether Hamill or Baker will voice the Joker in it. I know he's dead... but I doubt he's dead dead.

#49 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Huh, mine isn't that bad, I restart the game in the start menu and it' okay for a bit then, you should try that.

I've had it where it will freeze up and I can't do anything, not even exit to the main menu. A lot of times it happens when I try to access the Challenges in the Batcave and some times it will freeze up when I use the fast-travel with the Batwing. Every now and then it will happen in the city, I've had it happen a few times while running across roof tops and the game will just stop.

@deathstroke19: Yeah Rocksteady are making a sequel to City, rumours say it will be a Silver age game, with the JL present. Hey, did you spot the Flying Graysons & Zatanna posters in Jezbel Plaza? I thought they were pretty cool, I suppose he meets Dick within a few weeks of this game.

There's also a poster of the Flying Grayson's in the GCPD building. It's on the floor in one of the offices and say's "Coming Soon!" So I would assume the same that Bruce probably meets Dick sometime shortly after this game.

There actually were a lot of hints and teases dropped that makes me wonder if they'll be doing a sequel to this game. I feel that even as a prequel game, there is still a lot of things to be explored.

#50 Edited by Paragon_Sean (70 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts on AO: It's a great game, but not quite as good as AA or AC. I felt that the beginning was kind of lacking. There was no real build up to the bounty, and Batman's voice acting seemed a little stiff. However, Joker and Bane were done really well! I absolutely LOVED Joker's dialogue in this game. I also found that the side quests and crime scene missions were done very well. The combat is still fluid and fun, but there was nothing that felt new to it aside from a few new enemy types. I would give the game a solid 8.5 out of 10. I loved it.

This has nothing to do with my opinion, but I think there were a few missed opportunities. For example, I think it would have been really cool the first encounter between Batman and Catwoman.