RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01
No Caption Provided

According to Rocksteady, they are introducing a new character who is obviously the Arkham Knight. He is going to be one of the main villains next to Scarecrow and most likely Hush. Apparently, this character is going to be original with his on backstory but more than likely it will be someone we already know. I would like to say its Jeremiah Arkham but that might be too obvious or a bit of a stretch then again Jeremiah was Black Mask for a brief time. At the same time, it seems the Arkham Knight has adopted the Batman's style so it could be an Anti-Batman character like Wrath or Prometheus. Speculations have always been my inadvertent forte. Who knows: maybe the Arkham Knight is the Jason Todd or Hush has taken on a new persona. Only time will tell. Who do u think the Arkham Knight is?

Riddler, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Harley Quinn and Penguin are already set to star in the final installment which seems like a drag because I think Rocksteady could expand on the Arkham Origins take and give us two more games with Batman rogues and allies that we have yet to see. Rocksteady has also considered expanding on other characters like giving Catwoman, Nightwing, Red Robin or Birds of Prey their own video game. I would definitely play those spin offs if Rocksteady was behind it.

On a side note, has anyone gotten a chance to read my blog about the New 52 changes or unnecessary turn of events being done to the Batman Mythos. I feel like Brainiac because I crave input. If u get the chance to read the blog, send me your thoughts on any of the questions that I wrote by via message because I wager the your answers will be just as long as the questions.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'm glad that Rocksteady isn't afraid to branch-out and actually introduce completely new characters to the Batman mythos. It's great seeing the classic Batman heroes and villains in the games, but having a totally new character created just for the game just sounds exciting as we have really no idea who this person is or how they operate compared to Batman.

Though I don't believe this character, at least from the very little information that's been released so far, is going to be a straight-up villain alongside guys like Scarecrow. The fact that his (or her?) name has "Arkham" in it ties him/her to Arkham Asylum, though it could also be a reference to this person being the "Knight of Arkham" whose mission is to clean up Gotham City. The fact that he/she will clash with Batman tells me that they may simply be an anti-hero and the game may come down to both Arkham Knight and Batman having to work together to stop Scarecrow's master plan.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm just speculating. There was his whole prophecy in City and he did take over as Batman in the comics, not to mention his whole deal is that he's a holy crusader so having knight in his name would work.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Well I'm just speculating. There was his whole prophecy in City and he did take over as Batman in the comics, not to mention his whole deal is that he's a holy crusader so having knight in his name would work.

I don't think that's who Arkham Knight is. From what I've gathered this is a completely new character created specifically by Geoff Johns for the game. Not to mention that if it were Azrael what would drive him to becoming "Arkham Knight?" Seems a bit random if you ask me. Though with that said, it's still possibly that the prophecy from Arkham City could still play out in Arkham Knight. We really don't know what Scarecrow's master plan is, he's been planning it since Arkham Asylum so he's had around two years to come up with it. This could lead to an appearance of Azrael in the game, possibly as an ally of Batman in an attempt to save Gotham from the coming doomsday.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: If it is a new character I'm probably not going to be that interested in him not to mention I'll likely know everything about him by the time I actually get to play the game.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Can't wait for the game.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jonny_anonymous said:

I don't think that's who Arkham Knight is. From what I've gathered this is a completely new character created specifically by Geoff Johns for the game. Not to mention that if it were Azrael what would drive him to becoming "Arkham Knight?" Seems a bit random if you ask me. Though with that said, it's still possibly that the prophecy from Arkham City could still play out in Arkham Knight. We really don't know what Scarecrow's master plan is, he's been planning it since Arkham Asylum so he's had around two years to come up with it. This could lead to an appearance of Azrael in the game, possibly as an ally of Batman in an attempt to save Gotham from the coming doomsday.

Oh ok

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JakeN7

Damn this discussion is going all over the place. I made this thread 2 days ago which was a general discussion of the new villain, then yesterday someone made one with his theory, and now this. I can't complain I guess since it's a blog. *shrugs*

I just wish everyone would voice their theories in one thread because it really helps fuel the discussion and leads to some awesome conclusions.

Back in my thread the biggest guesses were:

Hush/Tommy Elliot

Jason Todd

Azrael

A revived Amadeus Arkham

A descendant of Amadeus Arkham (so Jeremiah would go here)

A brand new character

Joker

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RavenVice01

@jonny_anonymous: U got a point. The current Azrael didn't like the Suit of Sorrows and kinda considered it a curse. I suppose it would make sense to ditch the Azrael suit in order to evade the Order of St. Dumas by adopting a new identity.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I think it could be a re-imagined lock up.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Yeah I think you mentioned that in my thread. Who is Lock-Up? Don't think I've ever heard of him.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@jaken7: he's a villain from Batman the Animated Series. Best way I can describe him is that he's what Batman would be like if he went into full "Knight Templar" territory.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: I own every DVD and have seen every episode. I still don't remember him! Even after I looked his picture up on Google. This is crazy!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

You just know he's gonna whip off that mask and it's the joker.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Black_Arrow

You just know he's gonna whip off that mask and it's the joker.

Clone Joker

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Joker is dead, my friend. If u read the digital comics of Arkham City, you will see Gordon and Batman cremating Joker's corpse.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Joker is dead, my friend. If u read the digital comics of Arkham City, you will see Gordon and Batman cremating Joker's corpse.

Clone Joker

I knows, and I was joking. I actually think the Arkham Knight will be a result of Scarecrow's fear gas and a personification of what Batman fears he could become.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01 said:

@black_arrow said:

Clone Joker

I knows, and I was joking. I actually think the Arkham Knight will be a result of Scarecrow's fear gas and a personification of what Batman fears he could become.

Acutually... That would be pretty cool if it were an illusion.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@ravenvice01 said:

@black_arrow said:

Clone Joker

Woah,you and I think alike,or maybe it really is that obvious.