totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By totoroshaped

"Are you talking to yourself or do you see little yellow boxes too?"

Since I very much enjoyed the first two Volumes of Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force and especially liked Deadpool, I wanted to read more of him.

Inspired by ComicBookHerald's Deadpool Reading Order, I started digging in and am reading Deadpool #012 (1997) atm. I'm looking forward to Agent X and Cable & Deadpool, the current Deadpool books are intriguing, too.

I think Deadpool might be my favorite comic book character as yet; besides the Hulk. I'll have to finish The Definitive Incredible Hulk (Marvel Platinum) book eventually... Though Silver Age comics are tiring to read for me. (What's the exact definition of Silver Age by the way?!)

So, Deadpool books I read recently:

• New Mutants #98
  • Deadpool: The Circle Chase (1993) (#001-004)
  • Deadpool (1994) #001-004
  • Deadpool (1997) #001-011
  • Deadpool (1997) #-1
  • Daredevil/Deadpool Annual 1997

Which are collected in Deadpool Classic, Vol. 01-03. I read comics digitally on my Win8 tablet, which is very comfy, though I prefer to get physical copies of comics, my current occupation doesn't allow buying all of these trades to put on my shelf. So I have to settle with collecting most of them using ComiXology and the like... Still hoping for a Win8 app of Marvel Unlimited but the support doesn't help much regarding this matter.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Deadpool's a pretty neat character to start off with, I mainly read his more recent stuff but I'm thinking about getting some of his earlier trade paperbacks.

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: he is! It's really fun reading the classics. I already read some of Uncanny X-Force and also the first volume of Marvel NOW! Deadpool (which I found fun, too, but the classics are more enjoyable as yet).

I'm actually not entirely new to the comic book medium. I read a lot of Batman comics when I was a child and started reading US comics (I'm from Germany) when DC's New 52 hit the shelves. But I kinda "retired" after a short time and just recently got into comics again after acquiring a tablet. I wish I could afford collecting physical books primarily, but unfortunately I can't.

Be that as it may, I highly recommend reading the Deadpool Classic trades. I could pass you the reading order I found if you want to. :)

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What did you think about uncanny xforce vol 1 and 2 I felt like there was a drop off from vol 1 to vol 2 I was kinda confused but I heard vol 3 and on just gets better so I think I'm gonna pick that up. The uncanny xforce has some great characters I just read the first couple volumes of cable&deadpool too

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: first off, I absolutely adored the visuals. I remember the story being really intriguing "back in the day" (I read those some years ago so I'm kinda rusty), but I too was quite confused if I remember correctly. I very much enjoyed it nevertheless. The only reason I didn't finish this series was that the third volume was out of print or just sold out at the time. I also heard that the story keeps on getting better. I'm actually considering to buy the omnibus.

God I can't wait to read Cable & Deadpool, but Agent X is tempting me too. Well, I gotta finish the 1997 series first. 57 issues left.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@totoroshaped: Don't worry bout the reading order, I've found a pretty good one on Wikipedia. Like you say though, trade paperbacks can be a little expensive sometimes so I've got to be pretty picky in what I get. I read a lot of material from my local library which is handy.

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: Yeah, they are. Cool, good for you. I don't have those places here. :(