#1 Posted by THORSON (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel will soon have Thanos and Ultron on the big screen. 30 years ago, no one would have expected these two villains to make it to the movies.

Marvel has done THOR which was previously scrapped years ago, black panther, guardians of the galaxy, antman.

I just like to know are you have that marvel can provide a handful of characters?

I hope DC can do other movies besides batman.

#2 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Marvel and DC but yes. Why wouldn't you be happy about it?

#3 Posted by The Stegman (24480 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of them.

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

I like some of the Marvel Studios movies. Iron Man, Thor and Avengers being my favorite. Of course I'd like to see DC/WB get their act together too.

#5 Posted by PapiNacho (2422 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, they're okay. Really isn't DC's choice, WB is the one in charge of such decisions. DC is a much much smaller subsidiary.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer a lot of Marvel films over DC films actually. Overall Marvel films are preferable to DC films for me. If only DC and WB could get something right in their movies for once...

#7 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Amazing SpiderMan movie. Other than that it's all downhill.

#8 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17639 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...

Just because someones like DC, doesn't mean they have to dislike Marvel, or vice versa.

#9 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Amazing spiderman and loved Daredevil. Avengers was enjoyable, but thor, captain america, spiderman and ironman have been a waste of cash for me.

#10 Posted by _Braveheart_ (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

I happen to like both DC and Marvel and I enjoy most of Marvel's movies, specially X-Men (Most of them), Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Spider Man.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...

Just because someones like DC, doesn't mean they have to dislike Marvel, or vice versa.

#12 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel

1. Iron Man
  2. Thor
  3. Spider-Man
  4. Amazing Spider-Man

DC

1. Dark Knight
  2. Batman Begins
  3. Batman 89
  4. Batman Returns
  5. Man of Steel
#13 Posted by CaptainUzi (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, they're something to watch I guess.

#14 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...

Exactly.

Marvel has some entertaining well made movies of course DC fans like them just because we may like DC more doesn't mean we can't enjoy a good Marvel movie. I like good superhero movies doesn't matter if it comes from Marvel or DC to me.

#15 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Sigh...

Exactly.

Marvel has some entertaining well made movies of course DC fans like them just because we may like DC more doesn't mean we can't enjoy a good Marvel movie. I like good superhero movies doesn't matter if it comes from Marvel or DC to me.

This.

#16 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a majority Marvel fan, but in all honesty you gotta be happy that any comic adaptations have made it to the big screen, regardless of how good or bad (Daredevil * Cough* Cough!) they may be.

#17 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe anymore that DC can only be successful with Batman and Superman. Has that only been the case thus far with live action films? Yes. But as we've seen with Marvel, there's plenty of room for various superheroes to exist on screen. As has been said, even those we never fathomed important enough to make it to the big screen. So, in short, the only reason it hasn't "worked" or happened for DC is because they don't take chances on their other superheroes. It's their own fault.

It seems they are trying to change that, but even their next film is a Batman/Superman movie so it's still yet to happen. I also think they are only getting their butts in gear because they see Marvel making money at it and now they want to give it a shot.

The boldness of Marvel paid off and DC is paying for it. That's on DC and they have to deal with the comparisons now (as always). But if they don't seize these opportunities now I will be very upset. There's plenty of good DC characters that are deserving of the big screen treatment, but sometimes I'm not so sure even they believe that. That's the problem that DC seems to have versus Marvel.

Anyway, I try to hope for the best. Because more good superhero movies means more enjoyment for me. Please, DC. Make it happen! How awesome would it be to have both Marvel AND DC putting out a bunch of awesome superhero movies every year? Also considering Valiant is getting their movie line off the ground.

It's still a great time to be a superhero fan.

#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11637 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I prefer a lot of Marvel films over DC films actually. Overall Marvel films are preferable to DC films for me. If only DC and WB could get something right in their movies for once...

Exactly this.

#19 Posted by flameboy298 (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's movie's are alright I get tired of the comedy and jokes they try to make in their movies tbh,I prefer DC's Dark and Gritty movie's Batman,Watchmen.

#20 Posted by Mark_Stephen (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happier with marvel movies right now than I am with marvel comics.

#21 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is doing great in the timely manner they are releasing them. Heck, we have thor in 2 months and 2 more coming next year.

#22 Edited by THORSON (2397 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by THORSON (2397 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the marvel films but there isnt alot of depth in them.while the dc film may not be as popular there is far more depth going on and not just jokes to move the film on

#25 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see Thor, Captain America and X-men. DCs heroes are my favorites, but I can't watch what that successful company won't put out. And I love to see these legendary comic book characters on the big screen. So instead of hearing DC's excuses as to why this character or that character is hard to write, I will gladly enjoy the works of a company that can deliver a great film that where they can make the characters work. Loving Marvel doing what DC says is so hard to do!

#26 Posted by LimboBot (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a Dc Fan has nothin' to do with liking Marvel movies.

#27 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the movies Marvel is dishing out but i've preferred the Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel so far. Marvel puts too much comedy in their films. Most recently I saw Iron Man 3 and I couldn't understand why they capped off every dramatic scene with a joke or two. I guess I just like my superhero movies to be gritty like the dark knight trilogy was.

#28 Posted by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the movies Marvel is dishing out but i've preferred the Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel so far. Marvel puts too much comedy in their films. Most recently I saw Iron Man 3 and I couldn't understand why they capped off every dramatic scene with a joke or two. I guess I just like my superhero movies to be gritty like the dark knight trilogy was.

This except I like humor when its done right, Iron Man was great but the sequels were below average.

#29 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6344 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, look...you didn't get banned. What a shame.

#30 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I love Marvel movies.

#31 Edited by Rouflex (18508 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider 2, Iron man 3 sucked

Ghost Rider, Green Lantern, Wolverine, Dark Knight (Bane) was ok

Man of steel, Avengers, Batman except the last one was epic

#32 Posted by SilverPool (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's movie's are alright I get tired of the comedy and jokes they try to make in their movies tbh,I prefer DC's Dark and Gritty movie's Batman,Watchmen.

#33 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike people who dislike things because they aren't from their favorite publisher.

I as a great fan of DC Comics enjoyed about half of Marvel movies and there are some really great ones (IM and Avengers)

#34 Posted by JohnnyGat (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

If the movie's good it's good I couldn't care less if it were marvel or dc or any intellectual property.

#35 Edited by acaciopereiraoliveira (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Its the popcorn culture for marvel... movies and scripts are somewhat lighter and that pleases to everyone new to the comic genre... Yes i prefer the Nolan view and Dark Knight is a tour de force... but Batman is Batman and the fans know that.

Spider-man was made to profite and everything was prepared to profite and payed off... the risk was in Iron Man! And if Iron Man can win - THANKS TO Robert Downey Jr - than others also can, with that u have the first stone to a Avengers Movie... create a subgenre called end-credits to hype everything, put much marketing in that, on the internet and other media and u are in a win strike to always... win!

Yes i do prefer more depth in the script but i have to take off the hat to Marvel, as my barometer is my 9 year old son... watching Batman returns, Green Lantern, The new spider or The Avengers... And is eyes say everything, when Iron man faces Thor, Hulk faces Thor, or when spider is hurt and has to take down the lizard!

In the end is not the depth, the script, the acting or the director... that also counts, but its that thing in the movie that puts the smile in a kid and makes their eyes glitter...

My older son had that with the Sam Raimi's Spider, my newer one with Iron Man and the Avengers... I had it when i watched the first Superman with age 10...

Yes im happy with Marvel they do those things better.

#36 Posted by TDK_1997 (14897 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has a lot of movies that are good and admirable but there are far more that I don't like and I would never rewatch them.I think that Marvel should get more serious with their movies but still they are doing a great job,they are making lots of money.

#37 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Somewhat. I find them enjoyable, but it irks me that Quicksilver, Thanos, Ant-man, and Hawkeye are on the big screen before Flash, Darkseid, Atom and Green Arrow.

#38 Posted by Wyrmdog (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...

/hug

#39 Posted by Dud317 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Marvel movies are more family friendly with unnecessary yet well placed humor. Also, I feel like they lend themselves to the non-comic book fan better.

Having fewer movies in the recent era, I feel like DC tries to focus on more thematic elements, rather than just a no holds barred, have fun, entertaining brand that I consider Marvel to be going after.

Time will tell on DC, obviously.

For the record, I enjoy both sides of the coin for what they're worth.

#40 Posted by sagejonathan (1959 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both Marvel and DC and I like them all, even if they have flaws. I think DC movies are better though.

#41 Posted by JulieDC (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer marvels movies over dc even though I prefer dc heroes over marvel.

#42 Posted by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

While DC and Fox keep going with the darker CBM's, I'm glad that Marvel will be the ones carrying on the lighter/original tones of superhero films. We've seen that Fox can't handle it (X-Men 3 and Origins), nor DC (Green Lantern), so this is good.

#43 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1910 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the Marvel Movie (And I do count the ones not made by Marvel Studios as Marvel Movies) I really, really liked Iron Man. I loved Captain America: The First Avenger. (Saddens me it doesn't get more love.) I liked the X-Men movies (Save #3) I liked all the Spiderman movies..again except for the #3 thing. Most, I've enjoyed, even if I didn't love them. (I think higher of Daredevil than most folks.) A few, I've really disliked. The worst being X-Men Origins:Wolverine.

#44 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Marvel films but some part of me wishes they could get film-makers to dive into the bigger questions that explore the superhero genres like Christopher Nolan did and what Zack Snyder is trying to do. They almost did with Ang Lee's Hulk (which is strangely creative and much darker than Marvel's previous efforts). But I do enjoy them noneless apart from their obvious villain problem.

#45 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...

this,

NOT

MARVEL SUCKS!!!

#46 Edited by RetconCrisis (3894 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both, and although I like DC a bit more because I read it longer, I really enjoy the Marvel movies. But I think that they can make the stories a bit darker, like Nolan films. That doesn't mean you have to make the heros brooding, troubled characters, as we have way too many of those: Batman, Daredevil, Cap 'Murica, Wolverine, Bruce Banner, and now even Superman after MoS. I mean that they should make it more deep hearted, because the Marvel comics are much more emotional and dark than the movie Avengers. And once again, I don't mean Tim Burton's Batman Returns, but like the Dark Knight series.