Are you Buying the MARTIAN MANHUNTER Ongoing?

• 54 results
movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you Buying the MARTIAN MANHUNTER Ongoing? (60 votes)

ABSOLUTELY 30%
LIKELY 27%
I HAVE NO IDEA 15%
UNLIKELY 18%
ABSOLUTELY NOT 8%

WILL YOU BE BUYING THE UPCOMING MARTIAN MANHUNTER ONGOING???

MARTIAN MANHUNTER #1

Written by ROB WILLIAMS

Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA

1:25 Variant cover by GABRIEL HARDMAN

On sale JUNE 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Shape-shifting Martians are invading Earth – so where is J’onn J’onzz to stop them? Trust no one as the Martian Manhunter tries to stop these ruthless alien terrorists from destroying everything!

MARTIAN MANHUNTER #2

Written by ROB WILLIAMS

Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA

1:25 Variant cover by ERIC CANETE

On sale JULY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

It’s the Man of Steel versus the Martian Manhunter as Superman demands to know what J’onn J’onnz knew about the Martians’ terrible plans for Earth.

• 
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Yeah I'll check out the first few issues. I want it to be good so badly.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'll buy the first few for art alone Sheesh! The story doesn't sound too good but I'll definitely give it a shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

I will but i am concern about on 2nd issue he will fight Superman, seems to be very gimmicky.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he beat superman or is that coming up? ??

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

Did he beat superman or is that coming up? ??

its issue 2 comes out in july

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why is everyone beating up Superman?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if he beats superman and it gets good reviews.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@sprior93 said:

It is a basic rule of DC, If you wanna make a character look cool make him beat Superman.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

desperately wish ivan reis was on art but eddy does a pretty similar vision of the manhunter so thats good.

am curious what happened to ben olivier & paulo siqueria being on art in the original announcement.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

yeah, i''ll check it out.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First issue for sure. Really want it to be good.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The set-up makes me think of Marvel's Secret Invasion from a few years ago.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:

The set-up makes me think of Marvel's Secret Invasion from a few years ago.

ah dc had the white martians invading many times long before secret invasion.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@squalleon said:

@sprior93 said:

It is a basic rule of DC, If you wanna make a character look cool make him beat Superman.

The Worf Effect is Strong

I like how they even used Superman as the image.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Will definitely check it.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His character doesn't interest me.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@sog7dc said:

This. I wasn't, but using T-Shirt Superman makes it a buy for me.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be willing to pick up the trade, but to be honest, the New-52 Martian Manhunter hasn't really been written to my liking. J'onn has always been one of my favorite DCU characters, but the New-52 seems to have stripped away most of the character's compassion and kindness.

Also, DC needs to finish reprinting the Ostrander run in trade. Come on! Where's my Volume 3?

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jasonhawke

lol no

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jasonhawke

@movieartman: MM just isnt an interesting character to me.

All of his animated series and movies didnt really appeal to me nor did they make him seem that interesting a character either. Just made him seem very boring (and also a border-line pedophile)

He's like the Cyclops of DC to me. Nobody who's anybody picks him in video games and in media he's just kinda there.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: The movie where the Justice League fight their evil counterparts and Slade was the president and MM was making out with his daughter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not likely.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@jasonhawke: don't see anything pedophilic about that but ok. You are aware that she was legal right?

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Pfft, dont even. MM was like 30 (or 300 idk how long Martians live) years older than her.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: doesn't change a thing. They were two grown folks who quite arguably had one of the purest relationships ever.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: doesn't change a thing. They were two grown folks who quite arguably had one of the purest relationships ever.

This is not even debatable, she was not "grown" at all and had daddy issues which MM swooped in and took advantage of like a predator.

PURE is not a word I'd describe their "relationship"

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I might check it out

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'll give it a shot

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: its actually pretty debatable when you actually have an open mind and she was the one doing all the swooping if I recall correctly. An impure relationship would suggest a dishonest one or one based on lust which pretty much goes against MM's entire culture. They connected on emotional level and opened up their minds and souls to each other. That's as pure as a relationship can get. If you think Jonn was creeping then you obviously understand nothing of the character.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He shud fight Cyborg in it.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dum529001

Man, that looks cool. I need to check this out.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: its actually pretty debatable when you actually have an open mind and she was the one doing all the swooping if I recall correctly. An impure relationship would suggest a dishonest one or one based on lust which pretty much goes against MM's entire culture. They connected on emotional level and opened up their minds and souls to each other. That's as pure as a relationship can get. If you think Jonn was creeping then you obviously understand nothing of the character.

Like I said, daddy issues and MM took advantage of that.

-YOU- dont understand how real-life society works. That dont fly around here.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke:

1.you keep saying that but have literally nothing to support it besides the insignificant fact that he older than her.

2.I understand just fine. There are plenty of rational human beings out there who are capable of accepting two adults having a romantic relationship just as there are plenty of backwards thinkers. prudes, and people who simply don't understand the bond. Of course I'm smart enough to admit that there are plenty of people out there who would be willing to try to take advantage of it. J'onn ain't one of them. And interracial relationships also "didn't fly around here" at one point as well, doesnt mean it was wrong.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke:

1.you keep saying that but have literally nothing to support it besides the insignificant fact that he older than her.

2.I understand just fine. There are plenty of rational human beings out there who are capable of accepting two adults having a romantic relationship just as there are plenty of backwards thinkers. prudes, and people who simply don't understand the bond. Of course I'm smart enough to admit that there are plenty of people out there who would be willing to try to take advantage of it. J'onn ain't one of them. And interracial relationships also "didn't fly around here" at one point as well, doesnt mean it was wrong.

1) I keep saying that because that's what's shown in the movie. That's the support.

2) Rational -people- (humanbeingslol) is subjective and no, most people arent capable of accepting a green alien and a barely legal girl getting together after just seeing each other for more than 5 minutes (Look at Marvel's ultimate universe's Thor). Also, it's not interracial it's inter-species, get your facts straight.

You dont have any support showing me that J'onn and Rose in the movie are having a "pure" relationship. Rose hesitated in kissing MM cause she barely knew him and then he be like "here's my entire life story" via telepathy and then be like okay now we can make out all we want. This relationship is not PURE. Get outta here with that bullcrap.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke:

1. I don't recall Rose being the one to hesitate but I don't fully remember so I'll hold my tongue on that point until I can verify it. J'onn hardly even registered the kiss because that's not the way his kind shows affection normally. He showed her how they do (with her consent if memory serves) And people who are trying to use another person daddy issues against them don't usually stick up for the dad.

2.ultimate Thor was screwing Valkyrie J'onn wasn't having sex with Roseas far as we know. But hey, I suppose it's possible but at least they actually got to know each other first.

3.i never said J'onn and Rose's relationship was interracial. I said that interracial realationships were once prohibited as an example of showing that society has a bad habit of shunning things out of fear/ignorance/irrationality.

4. I've given more support for my view in one of my sentences then you have in this entire discussion for yours. The whole "the movie speaks for itself" is the weakest, laziest arguement in the book. People only use it when they're to lazy to give reasons or are stalling for time to dig them up.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke:

1. I don't recall Rose being the one to hesitate but I don't fully remember so I'll hold my tongue on that point until I can verify it. J'onn hardly even registered the kiss because that's not the way his kind shows affection normally. He showed her how they do (with her consent if memory serves) And people who are trying to use another person daddy issues against them don't usually stick up for the dad.

2.ultimate Thor was screwing Valkyrie J'onn wasn't having sex with Roseas far as we know. But hey, I suppose it's possible but at least they actually got to know each other first.

3.i never said J'onn and Rose's relationship was interracial. I said that interracial realationships were once prohibited as an example of showing that society has a bad habit of shunning things out of fear/ignorance/irrationality.

4. I've given more support for my view in one of my sentences then you have in this entire discussion for yours. The whole "the movie speaks for itself" is the weakest, laziest arguement in the book. People only use it when they're to lazy to give reasons or are stalling for time to dig them up.

1) Her comicvine page literally states "She often calls her father a coward and this determination and anger stems from her mother being killed personally by Ultraman" exactly how I remembered the movie because, ya know, I actually remembered the movie. (http://www.comicvine.com/rose-wilson/4005-12890/)

3) So why bring interracial relations into this? If it has nothing to do with Jonn or Rose or species. This isn't fear/ignorance/irrational, this is border-line pedophilia

4) Nope, the fact you dont even remember Rose hesitating means you dont even remember the movie. You just trying to defend a comic-book MM not movie MM. The movie DOES speak for itself if you remember watching it but you dont. So until you re-watch it this "debate" is pointless as you're simply arguing Jonn didnt do anything bad taking advantage of a young girl and only getting together purely because of circumstance. It's wrong.

Your "support" is just "hey I kinda remember it being like this instead of this"

Also, MM pretty much makes out (or worse) with the alternate-reality Rose and then goes back to his world. The worst kind of people who uses people and then leaves the next morning never seen again.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jasonhawke:

Your reasoning is just getting weaker and weaker

1. A little trouble recalling one scene does not reflect my overall memory of the movie. You simply can't give decent reasoning and are trying to run away

2.once again, I never said she wasn't mad at her dad, I said her and MM being a relationship doesn't automatically mean that he's using her. I supported that by noting that Martian Manhunter trying to help Rose understand that her father isn't a coward and is simply trying to do what he thinks is best.

3.That's so cute how you're trying to use a small lapse of memory of a single scene to hide behind because I've repeatedly presented arguments and named and named events that only someone who has watched the movie would know. I could repeat dozens of scenes to convince you, but we both know that you just don't want to admit what that you can't back yourself up decently.

4. He leaves because he made an oath to protect his adopted home not out of a Desire to avoid her.That's actually pretty freaking selfless. Once again, weakass reasoning on your part.

It's clear that you aren't interested in having logical discussion or just can't admit that you may be wrong so I bid you good day.

4. Once again, I've already stated why I brought interacial relationships into this. You're just to belligerent to actually register and then think about it.

And for the record

Pedophilia by definition mean a person who sexually interested in kids who haven't hit puberty yet, not grown martians who fall in love with grown women with slight daddy issues or are you gonna try and argue that Rose might be a 4th grader because we haven't seen her diploma anywhere?

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely. Even if new 52 MMH hasn't been as good, he's still awesome. I'm also fond of Eddy Barrows art so that's a plus.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jasonhawke

@avenging_x_bolt:

1) Yet you keep bringing up the scene like you know anything

2) No, you claimed she didnt have daddy issues which she did. Your "support" only proves my point further and I dont know how else to explain to you since you just stated that Rose had daddy issues which was resolved because of MM.

3) It's adorable i know because you're just mad that someone disagrees with MM dating someone significantly younger than him. Seriously, it's disturbing.

4) Yeah, I guess he didnt think of that Oath when he was MAKING OUT with her in the back of a limo.

Btw, I keep typing "border-line pedophilia." It's not actual pedophilia because I know what Im talking about. It's an exaggeration for the huge age difference.

"Bid me good day?" Dont type like you some upstanding british guy sitting on some throne. You're just trying to cover the fact that you're running away!

Reply and I win, dont reply and I still win!

>:O

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jasonhawke:

I guess you win, on the front that I came back oh well. I guess I'll just have to settle win winning on the intellectual front

1. Well the fact that my reasoning (even with my diminished memory) makes more sense then your reasoning and supposed full recollection kinda helps to bolster my spirits.

2.point out where I said she didn't have daddy issues. Please do.

3.Hey, love is a strange thing. I'll admit that he probably should have thought of that, but it's probably hard to think when you have hot redhead trying to jump your illudium space modulator. Sadly I wouldn't know...........

4. So is it adorable or disturbing? Or are you trying to say its both like Christina Ricci?

Oh so now you're admitting that your exaggerating, well this is a big step for you, Bucko

Doth my choice of words offend thy sensibilities good sirrah? Then thou can dine on thine infantile phallus and perish at sluggish pace for thy honey badger remains unprovoked.

(writers note: I didn't actually mean that last part, it just got to a point where I had to do it just to see if I could, feel free to spank me, I deserve it :p)

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt:

2) Damn it, "mad at her dad" and "daddy issues" isn't the same thing I suppose....

4) It's adorably disturbing or it's disturbingly adorable

Loading Video...

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: are you reffering to the post where I said " I never said she wasn't mad at her dad" the one that only proves my point? I swear it like you've just been messing with me this entire time..........wait................

>: (

You're a bad person.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers