Are you a fan of comics if you do not read it?

TrevorG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has anyone broke down on here the different types of Comic Book Fans?

Fans who read it. Fans who just buy key issues. Etc

I am curious what the percent of comic book fans are people who do not even read the comic book? Does that make them still a fan?

Thoughts?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I read all my comics all the time. I don't think someone who just buys comics and doesn't read them is a true fan. They are just a collector.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

You can still be a comic fan if your a fan of a comic character, thats how I see it.

Trollheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I care more for the stories than the medium itself. I read the novelization of Infinite Crisis for example, and generally watch the movie version of a story, since usually the movie version for comic book stories is better. That said, if a story is really good, I'll give it a go in comic form. I have a friend who has a zip drive with thousands of comics so I borrow it from him if he recommends a good story and I've got the time.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

You gotta read comics to be a comics fan.

TrevorG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrevorG

I bring this up because when I was younger 14-18 I collected comics (Batman, Superman etc) and for the most part never read them. I of course watched all of the movies and for sure call myself a batman fan. Ask me how many comic books I have read of Batman though ... Does that make me less of a fan cause I get bored with reading?

I just got back into buying comics and just spent 300 today on buying a few key issues and playing catch up on 20 titles of Batman etc but I doubt I will read them. No interest. Is my type frowned upon? I do not care what people think, I am more so just curious.

I may look into downloading them to my ipad or something. Maybe.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sinestro_GL

@trevorg: What's the point of buying them if you don't at least read them, if you don't mind my asking.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're a fan if you have an admiration for them. Same goes for everything.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm a fan of some comics I don't currently read. I consider myself a fan of Snyder's Batman run but I'm not currently reading it. The fact that my typical workday is 12 hours and I can't collect everything caused me to drop it from my pull list. But I still consider myself a Batman fan and Snyder's run in particular.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would guess you'd at least read a few comic before calling you self a comics fan

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There are no set rules for what makes someone a fan of something. If you like it, if you admire it, that is enough. Anything else is nitpicking.