#1 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you a DC or a MARVEL fan? Say why

(I'm a marvel fan because, well... it's beter all around;))

#2 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

DC will always win in my eyes im not posting any more in this cause its all ready been done

#3 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel since it has so many good characters

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

two words...

KINGDOM COME

============

i don't think marvel has, will ever, or could ever bring out a storyline to equal the majesty of that book

#5 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

one word

yes they have

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"one word#Earth X#yes they have"

read it, it's good don't get me wrong, but it isn't in the same league as kingdom come

#7 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

yes it is why dont we take this to pm

i think Earth X is one of the storylines that brought Marvel out of the dark ages

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

why keep it private?

i'm sure a lot of people will be interested to see us back out favorites and then they can comment on it as well

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel they have better story lines my favorite characters blackheart and better all the way lol.

#10 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

alright why do you think Kingdom come is so omnipotnent in storylines

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

repost here from PM...

kingdom come is a pure storyline, the part that makes it so fantastic is because in the end it isn't about superheroes or villains...

it's not about a cosmic battle or a villain taking over the world.

it's about human endevour to survive, it's about how humans make mistakes and have to move on.

to put it simply, it's a story about hope.

thats what i feel makes it stand out from any other book, done by DC, Marvel, or any other publisher

#12 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

I new marvel was beter.

#13 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

your point is great i see how the concept of the novel is great

but Earth X was and is a great story

It showed how the world even with all the hero's can be turned evil with one person, and that one person along with some help can corrupt the world.

For that is what us humans are corruptable, for we have no faith in ourselves to go up against something stronger or more powerful.

#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

and i will admit, earth X was an amazing story, it is the high point of Marvel's publishing

in my opinion though, it's just the flip side of kingdom come...

while kingdom come shows hope and faith through the entire storyline, the fact that normal humans can overcome insurmountable odd's to achieve peace.

Earth X shows the exact opposite, as you stated.

i just get a greater feeling of hope for the future from Kingdom Come, while Earth X left me a bit empty from the storyline.

both are amazing stories though

#15 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

I will admit this dc does have the better villian in terms of takign over liek joker when he got 99.9% of mr whats hsi name power instead of destroying reality he made all superheros bad and the wolrd the way he wanted when thanos got in the heart of the universe he destroyed it so ill give dc that better original villains.

#16 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

one word boys and girls

#17 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

i cnat say the same though i havnt finished Kingdom Hell i barly started it but i have known what happens in it since well it finished and after i finish Sandman i will open the book up and when i finish with both Kingdom Come and The Kingdom we can argue a bit more but

Earth X also had its peace in it.

Captain Marvel was a peace maker and also a evil man. He wanted a place where all could live happily and peaceful but his methods were a bit too much. because the (spoilers ahead) cosmic shards were too much for each person corrupting them. And in some part of my mind i think he knew it would happen, and wanted to see who was worthy of Paradise.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm... maybe...

firstly, ignore the kingdom...

while it did have an amazing plotline with Hypertime in it, it's nowhere near as good as Kingdom Come

i think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one :D

i'm quite happy to accept Earth X is an absolutely amazing book, i now have the urge to dig it out and read through it again.

i'm just sticking with Kingdom Come for my favorite though

#19 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

alright well you should know by now if i get a series and all of its tie-ins i read them

shudders DEV i finally read it yesterday along with the other Authority specials and tie ins

Things that make you go #BUH#

#20 Posted by Inferno Kid (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel because it have so good characters

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, Kev was one of those series that just makes you do a double take at what your reading...

it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the authority at all

#22 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i knew i spelled it wrong lol

yeah it was a total waste of ink and a waste on the writers place too

you know damn well he was going" this better be a big check cause this $hit sucks"

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol yeah, i bet the artists were saying that as well :D

#24 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

i know so to change the topic of convo

did you ever read The Sandman

#25 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, Marvel, because of Age of Apocalypse. I loved it. Oh, and the Thunderbolts and X-Statix, those were original.

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"i know so to change the topic of convodid you ever read The Sandman"

read bits and peices, preferred the Death oneshots though

#27 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

altight well i think im gonna go doze off again the day all to myself so i think im gonna tale a nap

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, see ya later DC

#29 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"altight well i think im gonna go doze off again the day all to myself so i think im gonna tale a nap"

See ya

#30 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

well dammit cant get to sleep

#31 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Marvel... grew up mainly reading their comics since I couldn't afford a lot of comics back then.
Post Edited:2007-06-20 09:42:18

#32 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both pretty equally, I have a problem with many of Marvel's desisions but, all in all they put out a good product, I cannot say I like one company more than the other.

In other news, Kingdom Come was lightyears better than Earth X.

#33 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Ladies and gentlemen a third combatant has entered the fight!

WSU > Marvel > DC

That's my opinion. It's not based on any one story, just what I think overall.

#34 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more of a Marvel fan. I love the stories, and I can relate to the characters.

#35 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"What? Ladies and gentlemen a third combatant has entered the fight! WSU > Marvel > DC That's my opinion. It's not based on any one story, just what I think overall."

Isn't WSU owned by DC?

#36 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

It is now, but there's a definite difference between the two and since WS has its own universe, I'm counting it separately.

#37 Posted by Psychose (57 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it's Marvel because I grew up with Spider-man stories. In 80's, in France, it was easier to find a Marvel storie than a DC storie.

#38 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

because they have the x-men and the fantastic four AND

Mr. fantastic

#39 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I say marvel because besides batman dc just seems to unreal to true life. The x-men are hated for their powers while supes is unconditionally loved by all civilians. But dc is great though.

#40 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Buckshot says:
"What? Ladies and gentlemen a third combatant has entered the fight! WSU > Marvel > DC That's my opinion. It's not based on any one story, just what I think overall."

Isn't WSU owned by DC?

"

It's like Image Comics and Top Cow.

#41 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

even though some people say it may not be based off story lines its better if most of it is because you dont wanna have fillers and grey hulks coming back not to many people liked it then again id liek to base it on some characters

#42 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll always be a Marvel kid.

#43 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I like marvel's characters better. I am not a big fan of the all powerful Superman universe. A character like that here and there is ok but it seems like everyone in DC has to have Super Speed, Strength, and Durability if you want to be considered a hero(with the except of Batman the God Slayer).

#44 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

In my book, Marvel is better. Mainly because I've never seen or heard of a story that comes close to the league in Infinity Gauntlet/Watch/War/Crusade.

#45 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

I still love AoA. Oh, and Apocalypse vs. Dracula was pretty cool. And, and, and, let's not forget the Inhumans.

#46 Posted by MI 6 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

After a lot of years without it in France, I start to read DC in american comics and now, I think it's better. (JLA, JSA, birds of prey, teen titans, outsiders, legion of super-heros). The characters are good and the stories are the real super-hero thing I like ( good feelings, a majority of good ends). I always like the X-Men and the Avengers ( among others marvel characters)but I think that, now, Marvel was too violent (how many dead and blood in X-men and the new mutants). Besides, I don't stand anymore to see Wolverine in every comics ( and winning against everyone) even if I like the guy. In conclusion, I think that Marvel' staff don't known if they have to advance (the new avengers, the youngs avengers), to step back (House of M, the 198, I hate) and simply take money with merchandasing and movies.

#47 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

The Time Keeper says:

"In my book, Marvel is better. Mainly because I've never seen or heard of a story that comes close to the league in Infinity Gauntlet/Watch/War/Crusade."

The Original Crisis? The Dark Knight Returns? Kingdom Come? I like em both but the Marvel byes makes me want to say DC all day.

#48 Posted by DarkPhoenix (7 posts) - - Show Bio

MARVEL

There is nothing else to say xD

#49 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I generally prefer DC. I like the mythic quality that DC has. They also have alot of character to them. So I think that mythiness puts DC over the edge for me.

I don't think the DCU is that overpowered, it just seems it because of DC's big sellers compared to Marvel's. Marvel have plenty of Superman level characters and cosmic story lines, just that Spidey and the X-Men sell better. DC has lots of characters with few to no powers (besides Batman) but they tend to get overshadowed by the characters in the JLA.

To me though, the whole Civil War has made the Marvel U worse, not better. My hope is that WW Hulk will improve things. I guess that's another thread though.

#50 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big fan of both. I don't generally prefer one over the other. If I went with the last couple of years, I would probably lean towards DC, but that can change in a New York minute.