#1 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (2070 posts) - - Show Bio

In light of Avengers vs X-men and Battle of The Atom . Would you agree that Beast and Wolverine are very hypocritical towards Scott and his actions ?

#2 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11745 posts) - - Show Bio

In what regards? To killing?

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Edited by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't pay much attention to anyone's behavior in regards to this whole different X-Men faction rivalry. Writers are having characters do out of character things just to justify more drama. It's utterly ridiculous. I don't know why anyone would judge any X character based on the out of character they are having the misfortune of. The "GET OFF MY LAWN YOU BASTARD!" squabbling has frankly grown old. Cyclops and Wolverine's forced beef is especially cringe inducing.

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly don't know. Unlike a lot of people, I'm pretty happy about where the X-Men currently are though

#6 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11277 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point almost everyone in Marvel are hypocrites.

#7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5968 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Edited by dondave (38007 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Wolverine more than Beast. Beast isn't known for killing, Wolverine probably has one of the highest single killing rates in history. Just because Scott killed Xavier, as important as he was, doesn't give Logan of all people the right to look down on Scott. And to be fair Wolverine has been in a similar situation, when he was controlled by H.Y.D.R.A, he killed Northstar. Scott kills Xavier when possessed by the Phoenix but suddenly it's not okay?

#9 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8074 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't pay much attention to anyone's behavior in regards to this whole different X-Men faction rivalry. Writers are having characters do out of character things just to justify more drama. It's utterly ridiculous.

But it makes them a whole lot of this:

If it ain't broke why fix it, right?

#10 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly don't know. Unlike a lot of people, I'm pretty happy about where the X-Men currently are though

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I honestly don't pay much attention to anyone's behavior in regards to this whole different X-Men faction rivalry. Writers are having characters do out of character things just to justify more drama. It's utterly ridiculous.

Yeah, but my favorite character is acting utterly out of character :(

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5968 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by w0nd (3524 posts) - - Show Bio

Hypocrites, and totally not wanting to hear him out. He was clearly possessed. He and emma were talking about eating their meat seasons and moisened with blood for no apparent reason. Not to mention beast's actions haven't been that great lately, and wolverine is well wolverine.

#15 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8074 posts) - - Show Bio
@wolverine08 said:

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@wolverine08 said:

Yeah, but my favorite character is acting utterly out of character :(

I know the feeling. I hated what Avengers vs. X-Men did to Captain America, one of my favorite characters of all-time.

#16 Edited by Darksider555 (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Phoneix Jean Grey murders an entire solar system- None of the X-Men blame her

Dark Phoneix Cyclops (Scott Summers) murders Charles Xavier- everybody turns on him,some even want to kill him..

why theres no hypocricy in this right.... (Spoilers: not really)

#17 Edited by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a firm believer that considering the way Beast has been treated by the X-Men they're lucky he hasn't gone full on super villain toward them. He has been more loyal to the cause than any of them over the years but they have pretty much constantly s**t on him. If any thing he's too easy on them.

#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a firm believer that considering the way Beast has been treated by the X-Men they're lucky he hasn't gone full on super villain toward them. He has been more loyal to the cause than any of them over the years but they have pretty much constantly s**t on him. If any thing he's too easy on them.

Pretty true to be frank......

#19 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: as if Beast is innocent. I like the dude but he's as guilty as the rest of them the way he messes with the time stream. Not only effing with their own universe but the entire multiverse.

All the X-Men kind of piss me off sometimes. They do some dumb stuff.

#20 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclopes was wrong in avx. wanted to control the phenoix, so being possessed is not an excuse. but I thought it was good for him, he is like magneto only without wanting to kill humans

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Beast held off with the stupid s**t a whole hell of a lot longer than the rest of them tho.

#24 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: meh don't see how it makes much of a difference anymore.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37950 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal said:

Cyclopes was wrong in avx. wanted to control the phenoix, so being possessed is not an excuse. but I thought it was good for him, he is like magneto only without wanting to kill humans

Being possessed is an excuse since he didn't want the PF in anyone except for Hope, whom he was training anyway.

#26 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal said:

I don't think so. Captain America and the Avengers foolishly believed that they could control/stop the Phoenix. Cyclops was just doing what he thought was the safest option and also most beneficial to mutants and non-mutants alike. He wanted Phoenix Force in Hope because she had a better chance of controlling it than the Avenger ever had. It was only when Capt didn't listen to Cyke was when things escalated.

And yes...being possessed is definitely an excuse. You have no control over yourself!

#27 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11745 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

I would say Wolverine more than Beast. Beast isn't known for killing, Wolverine has probably has one of the highest single killing rates in history. Just because Scott killed Xavier, as important as he was, doesn't give Logan of all people the right to look down on Scott. And to be fair Wolverine has been in a similar situation when he was controlled by H.Y.D.R.A, he killed Northstar, Scott kills Xavier when possessed by the Phoenix but suddenly it's not okay?

I gotta say...this.

#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

I would say Wolverine more than Beast. Beast isn't known for killing, Wolverine has probably has one of the highest single killing rates in history. Just because Scott killed Xavier, as important as he was, doesn't give Logan of all people the right to look down on Scott. And to be fair Wolverine has been in a similar situation when he was controlled by H.Y.D.R.A, he killed Northstar, Scott kills Xavier when possessed by the Phoenix but suddenly it's not okay?

I gotta say...this.

BAD WRITING.

#29 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11745 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I wouldn't necessarily say bad writing. I just think the writing can't be great in order for the X-Writers to tell their story :P

#30 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal: WTF? he didn't want to control the Phoenix (blame it on Iron Man ZING) He wanted hope to fulfil her destiny... and look what happened in the end, Hope got control of it and more mutants are popping up everywhere... he made earth Utopia basically, stopped all wars, and just made things more peaceful. If you noticed, while under phoenix Control, Cyclops AND colossus were the only two who still remained human in nature... unlike namor and emma frost who craved destruction.

#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio

YES.

YES THEY ARE.

#32 Edited by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln: @god_spawn:

he killed Xavier? how can that be justified. captain America being cautious of the phoenix coming to earth was not the problem, although I do think that he was the one looking for the fight. I agree iron man was a dumb ass for derailing the phoenix force, but if hope would have got it things would not have gone a smooth as when the series ended. the iron fist training was important in her ability to control it.

for the record I am not saying Cyclopes is a terrible person just was wrong on the issue, but most everyone was in the series. his uncanny x-men book is a fun read when I can afford it. I never liked him until avx and I think the evolution of his character was done well

#33 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone remind me why Cap and Iron Man freaked out that Phoenix was coming to earth in AvX this ONE time out of dozens of other less convenient PR moments?

I can't remember a single marvel mega-event that had good characterization. The heroes never do what makes the most sense, or what they have done in the past. The villains make these massive jumps in logic. And each and every character involved never looks that great afterwords. @kriminal AvX had no right side cause no side was rational enough to be correct.

#34 Posted by dondave (38007 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal: Him killing Xavier can be justified because he was under the control of a cosmic entity when he did it.

#35 Edited by God_Spawn (37950 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal: He didn't just murder Xavier cold blood. He spent the entire issue getting attacked and asking everyone to stop attacking him. And if you read the Uncanny X-Men tie in with the issue, with reading the interview with Gillen about the issue, you would see he saw Emma going crazy and took her out because she was going Dark Phoenix, and he didn't want another woman he loved falling to the PF.

And simply because he, and the other P5 for that matter, were going batsh*t crazy because they were possessed by a giant, flaming, star eating bird that none of them were suitable hosts for.

#36 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm. Yeah, pretty much. In fact, a lot of senior X-Men have become hypocrites over the years. Not sure if it's some new millennium fad or something, but it needs to stop. They're just ruining good characters in the process.

#37 Edited by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm. Yeah, pretty much. In fact, a lot of senior X-Men have become hypocrites over the years. Not sure if it's some new millennium fad or something, but it needs to stop. They're just ruining good characters in the process.

Like I said, bad characterization to create cheap drama.