Are Thor and Hercules (Marvel) stronger than Superman?

• 128 results
Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Danilo018
@the creator:

You see this is surely >>>>> than 100 feet
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Thor's hammmer

622,307,656,100,000,000,000 metric tons    thats calculations I got for the world serpeant Thor still would be pulling conciderably more than that because the world serpeant was trying to hold onto the earth and It is supose to be strong enough to crush the earth  

the earth ways

5,973,600,000,000,000,000,000tons  which is over 8 times what the world sepeant ways and superman along with wonder woman and martian manhunter pulled the earth there fore dividing that weight by 3   

how much the world serpeant was pulling against thor can't be mesured but the world serpeant can pull it's own weight so there fore should be atleast double  

that would still make superman's feat greater but not by that much  

also hercules didn't lift the world he lifted the sky which the greeks portrayed as a world therefore it's real weight is unknown also it may not even have been hercules who did that feat it may have been the forgotten one as he claims to have offten been confused with hercules and even claimed he was the one who truly performed the feat  

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By supermandefender

You forget Superman was able to move the earth away from the sun against another extremely powerful foe named starbreaker and he was pushing the earth into the sun. So you would have the weight of the planet and more weight pushing against you from somebody else that can push the earth! Im not sure what comic thats in but you can check out Superman on DC database the story is up there. 

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_%28Clark_Kent%29

What i mentioned is commented under the catagory powers under  Super Strength. Just look for the word Starbreaker.

Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Danilo018
@supermandefender said:
"I have to agree. Hulk is considered stronger than Thor and even the Hulk has been shown to have a base level of strength at 100 tons. Only when enraged he has done crazy feats like lifting 150 Billion tons. In such a rage Hulk gives Thor a beating.  Thor has a average lifting strength but when he is in warrior madness his strength increases 10 fold. Now in comics he he showing Superman level strength while in Warrior Madness.  Superman I have not seen him with a base level of strength or mood he goes into to become more powerful.He just does. Superman easily lifts million and millions of tons with fair ease and has even moved planets around.  I have seen in debates that there strengths are considered equal and I normally never bring up Superman is stronger even tho id like too. Its accepted because Hulk and Thors strength can be furthered that they are equal in power with Superman.  Because there hasnt been shown a upper limit. But Superman feats are far more impressive and we have still not found his max.   Plus Supes can just boost his strength with absorbing more sunlight......all stars lifted 200 Quintillion Tons without finding a upper limit with 1 arm.   Im going for Superman to be stronger. If anything this debate should be about who is stronger Superman or Hulk? "

That's All-Star Superman.
DIZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DIZ

this thread is over a year old and you bumped it.

It's called spamming and you can get banned for that

Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Danilo018
@supermandefender:
And also not that 1 quintilion is in short scale so it means it's equal to 10^ 18 and 200 quintilions are 1/30 of mass of the Earth so that's not so special feat considering that Current Supes can move a planet.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver2467

SuperMan is stronger. Thor and Hercules are comparable to him, but they don't have the feats to say they're equal. SuperMan has helped move the earth and moved the Mageddon machinery, which was far larger than earth and the moon combined. SuperMan has greater feats than they do. Thor and Hercules possess vast strength, but SuperMan is stronger, to some degree or another. 

Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Danilo018
@DIZ:
If you noticed I replied to his post that was 1 week and 5 days old. So thta's not spaming.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By czarny_samael666

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By czarny_samael666

Thor is comparable in strength to Superman.

manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By manx422

no they are not
they are weaker than hulk who is imo weaker than superman

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By beatboks1
@the creator said:
" To highlight the massive difference in the top end feats as well, I have tried to calculate perform a calculation to show the weight of the Midgard Serpent (which Thor moved off the planet Earth) against the weight of 33% of the moons weight (which Superman has moved - he helped 2 others move the move the moon.

Diameter of the Midgard Serpents body in feet

Diameter of the Midgard Serpents body in cm

Cross Sectional Area of the body in cm3

Density of the Flash of the Midgard Serpent in g/cm3

Circumference of the Earth in miles

Circumference of the Earth in cm

2.91862E+16
Total volume of the Midgard Serpent's body in cm3

1.0507E+17
Total weight of the Midgard Serpent's body in g

1.0507E+11
Total weight of the Midgard Serpent's body in tonnes

33% of the moon's weight

Number of times greater that 33% the mass of the moon is than the weight of the Midgard Serpent.
I have made a few assumptions that should go in favour of of the Midgard Serpents weight - effectively maximising it.In various picture , the serpent has been shown to look around 100 feet in diameter, hence the figure chosen.I have used a fairly high density figure - making it at least  3x normal body density to reflect that Asgardian bodies are 3x denser than normal.I have assumed for this calaculation that the Serpent is solid. Clearly he is not (he has a stomach etc) but this helped maximise his weight.You can see that just 33% of the moon exceeds the weight of the Midgard Serpent by over 2.3 billion times. "
The feat of moving the moon is no where near as impressive as you've lead to believe. The moon has great Mass yes, but it is in orbit where the full effects of gravity don't equate to anywhere near the same weight. Gravity is a force that exists between all bodies of mass (even bodies as small as a human) and it takes a very large mass to have any considerable gravity at all.  Weight is a measure we give things based on the newtons of force measured at ground level. If you were to weigh someone at ultra high altitude there would be a lower weight. In space there is no weight. On the moon your weight would be one sixth of what it is on Earth. The moon stays in orbit because it's velocity of travel gives it inertia that is sufficient for the gravity of the Earth to just hold on to it. If the moon were knocked out of it's current orbit it would either be weightless and float away until it was caught in the gravity well of another large mass, or fall and slowly gain weight. While in Orbit one could arguably move the moon by  hitting it with enough force simply to change it's inertia, the existing forces already at play would do the rest. If the moon fell half way to Earth it would have less than half the weight you've implied. Of course th problem is that if it fell any more than 15% most life on the planet would have been gone due to tidal waves (and in this case the name tidal wave would have been accurate), by the time it made it's way 30% all life would as the earth crust started to break up due to the gravity forces between the two bodies. For the same  reason moving planets, and Hulks asteroid breaking feat are WAAAAYY overrated.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By beatboks1
@Nova`Prime` said:
  Also for Superman to move a third of the moon, its nearly impossible to figure that out. Well not really, you have to figure out how much a third of the moon weighs and then scale it down to how much thrust it actually takes to move something in space, because after all once Superman gets it moving its going to keep going until he stops it or it collides with something, somewhere, and some when.  Now the feat to stop it would probably be more impressive then actually getting it going in the first place. Although in reality he would probably borrow right through the moon before he even got it to move, if he was exerting that kind of thrust. I am not saying Superman isn't strong, I am saying he is absurdly to strong. "
Hadn't read this far but that's my point precisely. though it wouldn't have been a strength feat to stop it just the result of action and reaction.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By PowerHerc

Superman is the strongest superhero.  He is always as strong as he needs to be; as strong as the situation requires. 

Hercules (Marvel) is my favorite character, but he's not as strong as Supes.  As the God of Strength, Herc should have the power to increase his strength at will/as needed.  Still waiting on that one.  If he ever gets that ability, then he'll  be at least equal to supes.   

Thor is nearly as strong as Hercules, but only ranks third on this list.  With his belt of strength he can top Herc but not Supes.  The 'warrior madness' garbage is just a PIS tool to keep Thor's strength up with the Hulk's rage-enhanced strength. 
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Superman may be stronger, but Hercules is damn sho' cooler.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sommyt

@supermandefender said:

I have to agree. Hulk is considered stronger than Thor and even the Hulk has been shown to have a base level of strength at 100 tons. Only when enraged he has done crazy feats like lifting 150 Billion tons. In such a rage Hulk gives Thor a beating. Thor has a average lifting strength but when he is in warrior madness his strength increases 10 fold. Now in comics he he showing Superman level strength while in Warrior Madness. Superman I have not seen him with a base level of strength or mood he goes into to become more powerful.He just does. Superman easily lifts million and millions of tons with fair ease and has even moved planets around. I have seen in debates that there strengths are considered equal and I normally never bring up Superman is stronger even tho id like too. Its accepted because Hulk and Thors strength can be furthered that they are equal in power with Superman. Because there hasnt been shown a upper limit. But Superman feats are far more impressive and we have still not found his max. Plus Supes can just boost his strength with absorbing more sunlight......all stars lifted 200 Quintillion Tons without finding a upper limit with 1 arm. Im going for Superman to be stronger. If anything this debate should be about who is stronger Superman or Hulk?

THOR HAS ALSO LIFTED MILLIONS OF TONS WITH EASE .INFACT HE PUSHED THE WORLD ENGINE LIFTED THE ODINSWORD ..AND A BOOK THAT WEIGHED THE SAME AS ALL LIFE EVER!!!!

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By sommyt

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Superman may be stronger, but Hercules is damn sho' cooler.

LOL I DONT AGREE SUPES IS PHYSICALLY STRONGER

..BUT YEA HE IS COOOLER ALL THOSE WOMEN

BrianBurris44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you take the averages of feats ( not outlandish writers ), and the input from RPGs, then at normal levels Thor, Hercules and Superman would be equal in strength, with the Hulk beneath them. At warrior madness levels, Thor and Hercules would be the same, but wearing the belt of strength, Thor would surpass Hercules. Superman juiced up would equal Thor at his highest (non Odin-force) strength levels. The Hulk could ultimately surpass them both.

Also, as stated above, pushing/pulling a planet or large moon by thrust is not the same thing as being on the surface of the earth and lifting a mountain or something. Also, if I recall, the Migard Serpents weight would be difficult to estimate, because of the illusions involved.

sayid_zanafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a celestials armor can withstand a blast that can shatter a planet but thor manage to puncher a big hole on a celestial's head.not even superman can do that

plus this is when thor is not in his warriors madness form

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a celestials armor can withstand a blast that can shatter a planet but thor manage to puncher a big hole on a celestial's head.not even superman can do that

plus this is when thor is not in his warriors madness form

1. Thor was wearing a belt of strength that doubled his strength then.

2. That counts as a striking feat since he was using a weapon.

3. I wish I knew where I can find that story in a trade paper back form.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm a Superman fan & would probably say Superman is stronger (by how much? IDC. They're all "elite"), but comparing lifting the serpent to pulling/pushing a planetary body is NOT the same thing in the slightest. Different aspects of physics to consider with a giant object out in space. (This isn't so much commentary to make it seem like an even bigger feat....just nit-picking :) )

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its debatable, they're all up there in strength.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't no if Thor/Hercules(both have the same strength) are stronger than Superman but saying the Midgard Serpent has 100 feet is quite trolling and what Thor did isn't just lifting the serpent, he pushed her so hard that she let her grip (that was destroying the earth) go. That being sad he overpowered Midgard Serpent strength+lifted her.

thevarioty436

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didn't superman bench press the earths weight (almost 6 septillion tons) without any sunlight for 5 days? and don't organic creatures weigh extremely less than rock like object?. e.g. a locomotive could weigh from 80 to 300 tons yet 5 elephants combined weigh 25 tons, and if they where straining, they could weigh around 3 times more but still a nerfed strength feat compared to supermans

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to think so

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Superguy1591

No, DC powerhouses > Marvel.

TamalMcClure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manx422: their weaker but herc has pick up the heavens which held every planet,sun,and moon above earth billions of galaxy's yet in a arm wrestling match he tied wit thor both using all their strength Thor once push a lever that was connected to all things in the nine realms(which include planets and suns if u didn't know) while extremely weak. yes their strong or stronger then Clark and if u want talk about different supermans like superman prime or sliver age let me bring up sky father herc or rune king Thor both had multiverse level power strength unlimited

Vacone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a huge fan of Thor, but, IMO, Superman is stronger. Superman beats Thor in the JLA/Avengers crossover.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Quickfingers26

Ok in my opinion, here is the hierarchy and this is why it so controversial. The strongest physically are not the most powerful.

Superman is the most powerful, Not as strong as Hulk or Hercules but as strong as Thor.

Hulk is the strongest but is less powerful than Superman & Thor. (oh noes! the big green dumbie got one right!!)

Thor is more powerful than Hulk & Hercules but less powerful than Superman. His strength is equal to Superman.

Hercules is physically stronger than Thor, but less powerful than everyone.

POWER:

1. Superman
  2. Thor
  3. Hulk
  4. Hercules

STRENGTH:

1. Hulk
  2. Hercules
  3. Superman/Thor tie

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is above them in the strength category.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 thedailybagel  Moderator

@vacone: cross overs aren't cannon for marvel...

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules is not stronger than superman... Seriously wth?

Vacone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: You're quite right, but DC characters seem to have crazy high power levels in comparison to Marvel characters. I still vote Superman.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@vacone: not really, the only massive advantage dc characters tend to have is speed. For example, superman tends to have to fly at high speed into a moon (or similarly large object) to be able to destroy it. Marvel characters such as hulk, thor and silver surfer etc, have destroyed planets easily. Thor was shattering a planet (not blowing it to smithereens) as a side affect of fighting gorr (although thor was putting all he had into his strikes), hulk blew up a planet quite easily as a side effect of classing with red she hulk (who was amped). Silver surfer blew up a planet just to prove a point.

It's debatable who's stronger but if anything, marvel characters have more extremely high powered beings than dc does. I think the misconception comes from most (but not all) popular marvel character being weak compared to DCs most popular character. Marvel has people like wolverine, spiderman, captain America and iron man (hulk and thor are popular as well but they are on supermans tier IMO), whereas DCs most popular heroes are mainly very powerful like superman, green lantern, Wonder Woman and captain marvel (batman is popular but he's not powerful).

Anyway, it's debatable who's stronger, thor and Hercules definitely have the feats to contend with superman.

Vacone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: It is debatable and, of course, this is a debate! I did say 'IMO' when I voted for Superman to come out on top.

I agree with your point about the main characters. :-)

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 thedailybagel  Moderator

@vacone: yeah, I don't know who's stronger but it won't be a large margin.

And glad you agree :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Hercules are stronger than Pre New 52 Superman. New 52 Superman "benched" the earth for five days. I have no doubt Thor and Her can bench the earth, but its the five days part that makes it questionable. However Thor has great endurance and has fought wars for months at a time. So going to say he can. So now they're equal, or have a very small, negligible difference.

Doesn't matter though, Thor would still beat him. :)

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheMetalGearZero

Thor and Supes are simply too close to call.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There will always be debates on who is stronger than who when it comes to Thor, Hercules, and Superman. It really depends on how you look at it..From my point of View, Hulk has always been the strongest from the Marvel universe, and neither Thor or Hercules are stronger than him. Superman has been said to be stronger than Hulk(of course that is an open debate all in its self) so there is no way i would look at Thor or Hercules being stronger than Superman. I am not even 100% sold on the fact that either Thor or Hercules are stronger than Captain Marvel..DC's characters HAVE always been displayed as stronger than Marvel's. Heck i look at Thing and Colossus, and as big and strong of brutes as they are: i would still rate Martian Man hunter, Mon-El, and Superboy as stronger than them.So again, there is no way i could begin to rate Thor or Hercules, at a higher strength level as Superman.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kal El.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if i would be giving a strength level scale it would be

Power

1Superman

2Thor/Captain Marvel(tie)

3Hulk

5Hercules

Strength

1Superman

2Hulk

3Hercules

4Thor/Captain Marvel(tie)

Bats_Colony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Bats_Colony

The way I see it, there are civilians, soldiers, superheroes, demigods, a Superman, and Gods.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karrob Marvel is smarter than DC. they choose to down play ther characters strength a lot more than DC. them putting caps on ther charcters like 100 toner keeps ther characters grounded and makes it easier to write coherent stories. This is why Marvel will always be supirior to DC in live action amongst other things. DC is basically like Looney Tunes. One second they can bearly beat Batman the next Superman litarelly turns back time to save the woman he loves.

BrianBurris44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off you need to call into question the difference between lift strength and flight thrust.

Pushing a planet out of orbit isn't the same as say standing on a planet and pushing a similar mass planet away...

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Supes are too close to call. Both have ridiculous feats (Thor moving the world engine, lifting midguard serpent, Supes benching Earth weight, moving the Earth etc) Both are stronger than Herc though.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is way stronger and has much potential then any superhero of all comics . One word Sundipping

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Hercules is stronger than Superman and Thor without PIS