Are they really your favourite character?

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok first name your favourite character.

Then name the one you hate the most.

Swap all their powers, skills and abilities...do you still like them?

Is it the character you like or their powers, honestly?

Before anyone says anything about incompatibility, almost every character has been good, evil, underpowered and overpowered (when Batman got Superman's abilities).

And no lying by choosing characters other than the ones required, I am sure there are enough regulars around to point out the fibbers.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

My favorite character is Wolverine.

I don't hate any character. Doing so is a waste of time, and a waste of hatred that is better placed somewhere else.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favourite character- Magneto.

Character I hate most- Cap America.

Magneto without power? Or Cap with magnetic manipulation? Don't like either.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Favorite Character - Barry Allen

Least Favorite Character - Bruce Wanye

I still like Barry's personality more, and I enjoyed him when he was depowered in Flash #18 & 19 due to it's tie-in with 'Dial-H'.

NeonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Barry Allen Fav

Least fav, Johnny Quick

Swap I still dislike Quick , I like Barry still more than wally west

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#6  Edited By Liberty

Love the question but Guy Gardner is my favorite and he still is. He is awesome. I had a chance to experience my favorite character change powers when he became Warrior. I did hate his new powers but even worse they changed his personality. He use to hate on Superman and others constantly then he becomes Warrior and all of a sudden he was buddy, buddy. He sucked then and I hated him. There was nothing of the "old Guy" left. I could have lived with the change in powers but the personality was awful. I liked the "goody goody" Guy (after he got his concussion and was sappy sweet) better than the cliche superhero personality they gave him as Warrior. It was like they were trying to make him more Hal Jordon-like in personality...dull. BTW my least favorite character is Hal.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite character is Dick Grayson. He has no superpowers whatsoever. I don't have any characters that I hate, but regardless of what abilities I swap with him, the personality still stands out the most. He'll always be #1 in my book, no matter how much Dan Didio tries to screw him over.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't hate any character. Doing so is a waste of time, and a waste of hatred that is better placed somewhere else.

Pretty much this (substituting Wolverine w/Superman)

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite - Batman

I do like Batman for his powers, by powers I mean his innovation and ability to adapt. Despite being human, this ability Batman has to adapt and be creative are what allow him to stand among godlike beings as an equal or even a superior. In real life, the people that succeed are the innovators and the people that can successfully adapt to and deal with new challenges and threats, Batman terrifically demonstrates the value of these traits.

Character I hate the most - I don't hate characters. There are certain ones that I find boring or un-interesting, that's why I don't read their books. I find hating a character to be kind of stupid and ridicules.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Fav: Spider-Man

Least liked: Punisher

Spider-Man with guns would be...kinda silly especially if he still stayed in character. Guns don't really fit Pete, although I did hear Spider-Man Noir is pretty good so maybe I'd enjoy it.

Punisher with Spider-powers. Heh, I'd probably enjoy him a bit more.

teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Hulk. It's all about the anger, rage and sheer indestructibility. I just wish he could have stopped Juggernaught just once and did not lose to Zeus.

I dislike Superman for the fact he just has too many powers and too much strength, for me a very boring character protected by some very good and very bad writing.

Swap their powers and I would swap my opinion. Yeah, I like the powers a tad more than the character because I wish I could get angry and unleash fury, as opposed to be nice and bloody reasonable all the bloody time. The best personality for the Hulk IMO were WWH and Worldbreaker (one of the same kinda).

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Strider1992

Thats pretty much Superior Spider-man lol

Anyways my favorite character is Kaine and my least favorite is probably Superman. I don't hate him I just don't really enjoying reading his comics. Considering Kaine with Superman's powers is basically Mr. Majestic (albeit lacking his refinement) who I like a lot and Superman with Spider-powers is basically Spider-man (as Peter) of course i'd probably like them both!

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Fav is batwing

hated is Hulk

swapped..... I still like Batwing.... but Barely.... personality does wonders... but he is still way too OP I might actually like a depowered hulk.... basically he would be just a scientist.... and annoying scientist but... just a scientist.... I LIKE THAT

sooo.....its a win/ eh not a loss

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@wolverine08 said:

Pretty much this (substituting Wolverine w/Superman)

Pretty much these (substituting Wolverine and Superman w/Batman!)

teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bierschneeman: Many thanks, I shall remember these kind words when Asgard falls, Midgard is mine and TOAA kneels before me while The Presence is baking me a nice spiced Apple cake for tea. LOL

But seriously, thanks, I try my best.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

My favorite character is Thor.

My least favorite character is Rocket Raccoon.

I would still like Thor's personality, but I would think he's way too weak for a god. I would also be complaining about how overpowered Rocket Raccoon is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Fav: Spider-Man

Least liked: Punisher

Spider-Man with guns would be...kinda silly especially if he still stayed in character. Guns don't really fit Pete, although I did hear Spider-Man Noir is pretty good so maybe I'd enjoy it.

Why do you hate the Punisher? He's not my favorite character by any means, but I can't deny he's pretty interesting and a total bad ass.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: I don't hate him he's just the character I like the least. Mostly because I feel there's not really much to him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

Don't hate any character. Maybe SBP for being a sulking b**ch.

No, I'd still like Spider-Man more, but I'd hate his next series with SBP's powers.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DecoyElite

@decoyelite said:

Thats pretty much Superior Spider-man lol

At least Punisher wouldn't steal Peter's body. :P

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite is Bruce banner as the hulk, my least favourite... Probably the red hulk lol, honestly I don't like that character at all, red she hulk adds an element of tension, the woman you love becomes as cursed as you are..

I dogress i guess power wise, a red hulk banner would be screwed, the madder he gets the hotter he gets, he would explode... A green green hulk underbolt Ross... Well that would serve him right... Then again he is very military, he has no anger management issues, so probably he would become a weapon, drop him on the enemy fill him full of anger inducing drugs and let him run free... I still would like banner as red hulk, it would be a sadder story, as banner would really cause harm if he had a bad day, I don't dislike Ross normally, only as the red hulk, is would also be true if he was the green hulk, what would be the point? It would be like a stronger less likeable captain America, should have left thunderbolt Ross as he was... It would be like giving Jonah Jameson evil Spider-Man powers... We all know he has a son for that lol (Earth- 78327)

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

You made me doubt myself for a second, curses.

I don't really have a stable favourite, I have a top ten...or so.Jean Grey, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Kitty Pryde, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Stature, Zatanna, Beast, Kate Bishop and others.

Actually looking at that list, quite a few a defined by their power set. Jean Grey, for instance, has at times been written as "host of the phoenix" as a primary character trait. But, I much prefer her with how she's written pre- DPS, so I guess that's ok....

Though I'm pretty certain that I would still love CM without her powers, and the same could be said for Kitty Pryde, Zatanna and Wonder Woman (though the 70's spy era was not good, at all). As my least favourite character, Sentry (who is literally the only character I truly do not like); I'm sure he will become slightly more likeable with a slightly less omni-powerful power set. And I don't think it will make too much difference to my favourite characters if they inherited his (with possible exceptions being Kitty, Stature, Kate Bishop and Beast). Heck, I think they will make a good what if? story if all else fails.