#1 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Or, in particular, are there comic books in Marvel Universe?

Logic dictates that some form of comics should be there - at least about Captain America and some early Marvels, before true age of Superheroes started, but I can't remember any actual examples. Even in Runaways...

#2 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

In a comic about young Peter Parker, he did read so horror comics, though the name of this comic, and the comics he was reading escape me.

#3 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah! Ask and the answers will reveal themselves! In new Journey Into Mystery, no less!

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Iron Man is a comic book character in the DCU:

#5 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

I know they made references to Journey into Mystery in early Fantastic Four comics. And in the Marvel Universe, they had an ongoing FF comic published.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

In fact, Spider-man referenced The Dark Knight and full out imitated Bale's Batman.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (30907 posts) - - Show Bio

Many comics reference the existence of other comic books - mostly from different companies.

Wanted is kinda self-aware in a sense.

#8 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Yes.

In fact, Spider-man referenced The Dark Knight and full out imitated Bale's Batman.

Remember when they referenced The 1960's Batman T.V show in the Runaways? (If you have read it)

They always try to make vague references but that was just straight forward.

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't find the full scan, but She Hulk's Sensational run was apparently a comic in the Marvel Universe.

#10 Posted by Inverno (13315 posts) - - Show Bio

That is really cool when you think about it :)

#11 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Bomb Queen has her own comic book haha.

#12 Posted by AmazingFantasy15 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't uncle Ben give Spider man Captain America comic books when he was young

#13 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@AmazingFantasy15 said:

Didn't uncle Ben give Spider man Captain America comic books when he was young

Yeah but they were more like recorded events, rather than ficticious comic books.

#14 Posted by Nathaniel Essex (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about Marvel but there's comics in all sorts of other comics, some are parodies of other comics, some are comics related to the characters in the story and then there's stuff like Watchmen where we read the comic the character is reading.

In Fables, Boy Blue, Pinocchio and Flycatcher are avid comic readers and there are comics produced solely for them as nobody else reads comics in Fabletown.

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

There were loads of references to DC comics in the Alpha story arc of Amazing Spider-Man.

#16 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyle_Dornez: There are comics in Image, Marvel, DC, and Dark Horse. There many examples. There are also animes/mangas with some"" in them as well.

#17 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

There was an issue of She-Hulk (Dan Slott's run) which emphasized that Marvel comics could be used in court cases.....

#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9174 posts) - - Show Bio

There are definitely comics in comics. i remember in Spider-girl Wes and Jimmy made their own independent Spider-girl comics when the real Spider-girl "quit".

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33894 posts) - - Show Bio

Science Dog and the Walking Dead are comic books in the Invincible Universe