#1 Posted by Bezza (3856 posts) - - Show Bio

...to make an interesting and successful movie?

I want a JLA movie as much as anyone but do wonder how the story would pan out. I think the Avengers Movie was partly a success because of the diversity of the characters. two of them were non super-powered, one was just super serum boosted, one was a normal man in a super suit and only two were truly powerful in the natural sense. So you really got a sense in the battle scenes of the heroes straining and sweating, whilst battling the alien invasion. Compare that to the JLA and aside from Batman, the main members are very super powered. I mean Martian Manhunter on his own has the powers of about half a dozen Marvel characters I can think of. Superman we know about, Wonder Woman is a goddess, up there with the likes of Thor, Green Lantern can do anything his mind can conjure up and Flash, theoretically could take out a mass of baddies before the blink of an eye. Oh and Aquaman has a few tricks too! So how do you think they can use all these mega powered characters who on their own can take down an army, in a serious, yet entertaining and engaging story?

#2 Edited by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup.

#3 Posted by frogdog (3529 posts) - - Show Bio

No

Only people with a limited imagination think the Justice League is overpowered

#4 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, go watch a tv series if you want street level

Comics need big sci-fi scale and movies/games can do that, cities are overused

It is time to up the stakes

#5 Posted by Kwodam (97 posts) - - Show Bio

You just have to up the baddy

#6 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

The are going have to nerf the heroes, I would love if they did that.

Avengers didn't have World war hulk, Thor with Odin force etc.

If they have the strong versions of the characters then Bats will not fit in.

#7 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Even in the comics, the Justice League has faced many many tough villains. In the movies, they're automatically weaker so it shouldn't be a problem

#8 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:
I think the Avengers Movie was partly a success because of the diversity of the characters. two of them were non super-powered, one was just super serum boosted, one was a normal man in a super suit and only two were truly powerful in the natural sense. So you really got a sense in the battle scenes of the heroes straining and sweating, whilst battling the alien invasion. Compare that to the JLA and aside from Batman, the main members are very super powered. I mean Martian Manhunter on his own has the powers of about half a dozen Marvel characters I can think of. Superman we know about, Wonder Woman is a goddess, up there with the likes of Thor, Green Lantern can do anything his mind can conjure up and Flash, theoretically could take out a mass of baddies before the blink of an eye. Oh and Aquaman has a few tricks too! So how do you think they can use all these mega powered characters who on their own can take down an army, in a serious, yet entertaining and engaging story?

You contradict yourself. You say the Avengers had diversity, yet the Justice League is a problem because they have various superpowers? Doesn't that bring more diversity? The heroes of JL have various powers and different fighting styles.
But a movie will nerf them, so its no problem.

#9 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, they just need to face a big JLA level threat is all.

#10 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I don't think that will be a problem.

#11 Edited by Bezza (3856 posts) - - Show Bio

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy:

When I said diversity I was meaning diversity of power, i.e. some just normal human strength, some a bit stronger and a few really strong ones. I'm not saying I think the JLA ARE over-powered, because clearly in the comics they have great battles with their villains, I'm just trying to stimulate some healthy debate because that's what this forum is about and because I'm wondering how they will bring such a talented array of characters together in a way that will connect with movie goers. The GL film partly bombed in my opinion, because the Green Lantern world is a bit "out there" for your average pop corn cruncher to really "get".

#12 Posted by ccraft (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS Superman isn't as strong as he is in comics so it would work.

#13 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is. Other than that no. Batman is quite overrated though.

#14 Edited by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

No

Only people with a limited imagination think the Justice League is overpowered

This

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Spawn92 (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the right scenario it could definitely work. Imagine the Chthuri (sp?) from Avengers, but they are all as powerful as say Dr. Doom (from the films, not comics, that would be ridiculous). It gives a credible threat fro the JL to deal with.

#17 Edited by Skyfire (759 posts) - - Show Bio

They are over powered.

Whether that's a bad thing or not is up to you. It doesn't mean you can't make an entertaining story.