#1 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a stupid question buy I've heard many times that the Injustice comics are taken place in the same universe as the game Injustice (evil superman and all) but it actually isn't a direct prequel to the game. It's its own series, meaning characters in the game could die in the comics and that the final issue doesn't lead up to the start of the game. Is that true?

Can someone clear this up?

#2 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

It takes place in the same universe, about 5 years before the events of the game, if I'm remembering correctly.

#3 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: Are you sure? Because I'm confused.

#4 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: Are you sure? Because I'm confused.

It would help if you were more specific with the things you're confused about.

Like characters who died. Were you talking about Manhunter. I read the comic and though people keep saying he died it didn't necessarily show that. Is showed him getting burned over the ocean and disappearing. He could have just gotten hurt and turned invisible and fell into the ocean. IIRC what I read was in game story he ends up masquerading as Aquaman's advisor. That incident in the comic could have been how he ended up there.

#6 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

prequel. not sure if it's 5 years before though.

#7 Posted by HeckTate (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

As said, the comics are prequel to the game's story. It's kind of like "here's why everyone's fighting each other," as if you needed that in a game made by the same people who make Mortal Kombat. Not that I'm complaining, liked both game and comics, though I am annoyed at the amount of content they decided to make DLC.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Prequel. "Injustice: Gods Among Us" the comic leads up to the game. It's canon to that Universe.

DC has been making comic stories for they're video games (ie: Injustice, DCU Online) and they're actually pretty good.

#9 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic series is a prequal to the game's story mode.

#10 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: I've just heard people say it doesn't actually relate to the game as a prequel. Like it's a comic of the whole game and/or it can have different outcomes. I guess you're right.

#11 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: some time passes between the ending of the comic and the beginning of the game, but yeah the ending sets the status quo of the game.

#13 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: some time passes between the ending of the comic and the beginning of the game, but yeah the ending sets the status quo of the game.

oh and though the comic series did end another one will be coming at some point. Nothing was said about when that comic will take place.

#14 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Yeah it comes out in January. Maybe that will set it up more for the beginning? Did the ending of the last issue feel like it really concluded everything and set up for the start of the game or did it feel unfinished?

#15 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Yeah it comes out in January. Maybe that will set it up more for the beginning? Did the ending of the last issue feel like it really concluded everything and set up for the start of the game or did it feel unfinished?

It didn't really end. Its more like they hit a certain plot point and decided to take a break until January, theirs also an annual that's going to be released sometime in the coming months.

#16 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: So I guess it will pick up where it left off? Also what do you mean an annual? Isn't that what's coming in January?

#17 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: So I guess it will pick up where it left off? Also what do you mean an annual? Isn't that what's coming in January?

Yeah. An annual is an overly long issue that some comicbooks release annually(or sometimes every two years or sometimes only once, the term annual isn't always that accurate in this case). Injustice will have an annual in November, then the regular series will resume in January.