• 106 results
#1 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

'Nuff said...

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats in most comics are stupid. Not just DC.

#3 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Tell me one Marvel feat (that has nothing to do with reality warping, cosmic or high level matter manipulation) that tops Flash's stuff.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chibio said:

@Vance Astro said:

Tell me one Marvel feat (that has nothing to do with reality warping, cosmic or high level matter manipulation) that tops Flash's stuff.

Everything Wolverine does with healing factor....
#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a comic book. Don't expect science to be portrayed right.

#6 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

They're writers, not mathematicians. :P

#7 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda puts character forum battles into a different perspective, don't you think? What's the point of letting DC characters fight against Marvel characters, when you have feats like that? Quicksilver VS Flash, who is 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light? Deadpool VS Deathstroke, who can escape Superman? Daredevil VS Batman, who can survive being punched by Superman and so on. DC feats are stupid.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33605 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea because half the stuff that Thor does isn't stupid at all....

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (58062 posts) - - Show Bio

Try reading the Flash: Human Race.
BB

#10 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yea because half the stuff that Thor does isn't stupid at all....

Didn't Thor got his ass whooped by Bor, the Void, Nul-Hulk and basically every member of the Phoenix Force X-Men in the recent years? Thor didn't impress me since his Silver Age. 

@Billy Batson said:

Try reading the Flash: Human Race.
BB

Thank you for the recommendation, but may I ask why exactly?
#11 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: Lets be honest marvel is worst just because of the sheer amount of cosmic beings and reality warpers

#12 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Chibio said:

@Vance Astro said:

Everything Wolverine does with healing factor....

Exalted on the Ledger!

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio:

The Flash running through space and time against his imaginary friend because of a gamble.
BB

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah because Thor being capable of lifting Asgard on its own makes so much sense.

#15 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@icysloth said:

@Chibio: Lets be honest marvel is worst just because of the sheer amount of cosmic beings and reality warpers

To me there is a difference between warping the reality (doing the impossible) and running 13 trillion times (!!!) faster than the speed of light.  

@Billy Batson said:

@Chibio:

The Flash running through space and time against his imaginary friend because of a gamble.
BB

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *screams in vain*

@ComicMan24 said:

Yeah because Thor being capable of lifting Asgard on its own makes so much sense.

It's not as stupid as supporting a falling Spectre for a moment, or lifting a book with infinite pages or something like that. And besides that: Didn't Thor have the Odin Force and wasn't Beta Ray Bill involved during the holding of Asgard?
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: He did it once more in the past IIRC.

#17 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

@icysloth said:

To me there is a difference between warping the reality (doing the impossible) and running 13 trillion times (!!!) faster than the speed of light.

What about runner?

#18 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

@Chibio: He did it once more in the past IIRC.

Yeah, he was dragging the Earth, I think, but that happened like 30-40 years ago, where Superman was dragging a Multiverse or something... Again, DC comics. 

@icysloth said:

@Chibio said:

@icysloth said:

What about runner?

Yeah, he is a weirdo, but in the end of the day, 1. he doesn't matter, while Flash is a superhero on the Earth who has his adventures on a daily basis and 2. characters like Runner and Silver Surfer are mostly traveling in a straight line, while Flash is multitasking 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light, by running, stopping, picking people up, running, stopping, doing more crazy DC feats and 3. Squirrel Girl > Runner :-D
#19 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Flash, but sometimes I am just...

I don't even know how do describe it.

Disappointed by some of the crap the writers make him do.

#20 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Chibio:

BB

I literally bursted out laughing when I read this description. wth man... this can't be real

And Flash... eh. At least he has the Speed Force to protect all those people he carried away from being turned into potato mash

@Chibio: dude, have you tried doing the math with 1.9? It says he carried one-two at a time, but it could be closer to 2 than to 1...

#21 Posted by Billy Batson (58062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy:

I'ts a simple description but true nonetheless. Great story though.
BB

#22 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

@Vance Astro said:

One of Spider man's original powers: leaping 60 feet.

#23 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jorgevy said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Chibio:

BB

I literally bursted out laughing when I read this description. wth man... this can't be real

And Flash... eh. At least he has the Speed Force to protect all those people he carried away from being turned into potato mash

@Chibio: dude, have you tried doing the math with 1.9? It says he carried one-two at a time, but it could be closer to 2 than to 1...

Therefore 1.5, since we don't know exactly how often he has been carrying how many exactly :-) But the 'problem' would stay anyway. Writers who don't think before they come up with feats and DC is full of them, seriously. I personally prefer Marvel much more and mainly because of that particular reason. Yeah, some Marvel characters have amazing feats, but when it comes to these reality warping was involved in most cases and there you can care less, since it's something that happens because, but the things Flash does? Hell no. I was actually hoping to see him more grounded in the new DC52, but after 3 issues he already had future-vision or something like that. Damn.
#24 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: yeah we don't know how many but exactly because of that we could try and see if it's more down to earth with 1.9. I get what you're saying though, but heck, it's comics, they pull this stuff and get away with it because it's not supposed to be "real". I never was into Flash or any type of speedsters and one of the main reasons was the absurd feats they make them do, without any repercussions

#25 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

@Vance Astro said:

Speed force should count as some sort of warping.

#26 Posted by CBninja (163 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that a lot of feats both marvel and dc have are pretty crazy. I know there comics but some stuff is just to out there for me and it takes away from it all. I'm not much into flash because it seems he has some crazy stuff. Mainly the stuff they pull up it battle threads ( speed steal then imp) like come on if it was that easy flash could beat anyone.

#27 Posted by Billy Batson (58062 posts) - - Show Bio

@CBninja said:

I agree that a lot of feats both marvel and dc have are pretty crazy. I know there comics but some stuff is just to out there for me and it takes away from it all. I'm not much into flash because it seems he has some crazy stuff. Mainly the stuff they pull up it battle threads ( speed steal then imp) like come on if it was that easy flash could beat anyone.

He could beat a good number of people but he doesn't.
BB

#28 Posted by CBninja (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@BB That's what I'm saying I know there is a lot of PIS in his stories but still. I was kinda of taken out of his first book when he phased a whole airplane through a bridge, I mean a whole airplane!

#29 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

This is from the comicvine wiki page.

"The Speed Force is an energy source in the DC Universe generated by Barry Allen that lets speedsters travel at otherwise impossible speeds and do other nifty tricks without being hindered by physics."

Also as for traveling faster than the speed of light the same wiki page stated: The Speed Force serves as the primary measure of velocity in the DC Universe. They are usually referred to in terms of different barriers: The Sound barrier, Light barrier, Time Barrier, Dimensional Barrier, and finally the Speed Force Barrier.

By having Flash easily break the light barrier by going 13 trillions times the speed of light it is safe to assume that he also broke the time barrier which helped him saved all those people in time. It doesn't matter how fast you go if you can by past time. So I see it as this feat is not of how fast the flash is but what other aspects the speed force allows him to do.

Also if the reason you prefer Marvel or any other comic publisher over DC is because of feats then I believe you have mistaken the point of comics. It is the story that makes a comic fun and interesting. You also have to realize it is all for fun.

#30 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrShway88 said:
By having Flash easily break the light barrier by going 13 trillions times the speed of light it is safe to assume that he also broke the time barrier which helped him saved all those people in time. It doesn't matter how fast you go if you can by past time. So I see it as this feat is not of how fast the flash is but what other aspects the speed force allows him to do.

Also if the reason you prefer Marvel or any other comic publisher over DC is because of feats then I believe you have mistaken the point of comics. It is the story that makes a comic fun and interesting. You also have to realize it is all for fun.

Weeell, if someone is able to move 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light and judging by your explanation - break the time-barrier, then he shouldn't lose to someone like Zoom badly, since Zoom basically controls time and is therefore faster than Flash, even after Flash absorbs the speed of few other speedsters. Tapping into the Speed Force and running 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light, basically surpassing the laws of time should really put him above Zoom. If Wiki doesn't have to say something about the Negative Speed Force. In the end of the day that's more stupid than reality warping, since there are more than enough other stupid moments in comics where Deathstroke taggs Flash and 'knowing him since he was a child' should not be a valid reason to support that ridiculous feat for Deathstroke. 
And I don't prefer Marvel because of DC's ridiculous feats. I prefer Marvel because they're more realistic. Something like that would never ever happen in the Marvel comics. In Marvel comics it's the writers stupidity and bad character-knowledge if Quicksilver runs faster than the speed of light, or Speed phases through solid walls. Running 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light... that's just... one of these DC moments which ruin superheroes. At least in my opinion. Yes, these moments ruin the imagination of superheroes for me. If someone is as fast as the Flash, than he should be able to monitor the entire planet in microseconds and save everyone in seconds, but something like that never happens. He gets tagged by everyone in his rogue-gallery. Give him more grounded abilities and everything is fine :-/
#31 Posted by BumpyBoo (9554 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't bother me from the point of view of heroes having ridiculous abilities. But this does seem like lazy maths. Any good writer will do their research, rather than just go with what sounds right.

#32 Posted by Pyrogram (39335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

@MrShway88 said:

Weeell, if someone is able to move 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light and judging by your explanation - break the time-barrier, then he shouldn't lose to someone like Zoom badly, since Zoom basically controls time and is therefore faster than Flash, even after Flash absorbs the speed of few other speedsters. Tapping into the Speed Force and running 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light, basically surpassing the laws of time should really put him above Zoom. If Wiki doesn't have to say something about the Negative Speed Force. In the end of the day that's more stupid than reality warping, since there are more than enough other stupid moments in comics where Deathstroke taggs Flash and 'knowing him since he was a child' should not be a valid reason to support that ridiculous feat for Deathstroke. And I don't prefer Marvel because of DC's ridiculous feats. I prefer Marvel because they're more realistic. Something like that would never ever happen in the Marvel comics. In Marvel comics it's the writers stupidity and bad character-knowledge if Quicksilver runs faster than the speed of light, or Speed phases through solid walls. Running 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light... that's just... one of these DC moments which ruin superheroes. At least in my opinion. Yes, these moments ruin the imagination of superheroes for me. If someone is as fast as the Flash, than he should be able to monitor the entire planet in microseconds and save everyone in seconds, but something like that never happens. He gets tagged by everyone in his rogue-gallery. Give him more grounded abilities and everything is fine :-/

This. I hate flash because of his feats. They are incredibly idiotic.

#33 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20308 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing is stupid in comic books. Why? Because they're fiction, and they do not abide to the laws of physics/nature/etc. etc.

#34 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

The feasts on DC are way better they most of the things that happen at Marvel.
YES the Flash is WAY faster then tha speed of light but the speed force is the FASTEST thing in the universe so it kinnda makes "some sence"
Lets take MArvel:
SENTRY and his 1 million exploding suns :O WTF are 1 miliion exploding suns? how much powers is that? and the funny thing that he was preatty weak...apparentlly they were really small suns
MR Fantastic IS SO OVER the top that everytime he makes an apperance makes me wanna punch him - ex: in "the omega effect" when SM asks him for help he`s doing an experiment so important that CAN DESTROY AN UNIVERSE:O
GALACTUS...need I say more?
INfinity ganlet : HOW can you DEFEAT an omnipotent being?
Get your facts right before making useless threads

#35 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistic and comicbooks in the same sentence LOL

Is it still animal abuse if the horse you're beating is already dead?

#36 Edited by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dhor said:

The feats on DC are way better they most of the things that happen at Marvel. 

Don't be ridiculous. 

@Dhor said:

Lets take MArvel: SENTRY and his 1 million exploding suns :O WTF are 1 miliion exploding suns? how much powers is that? and the funny thing that he was preatty weak...apparentlly they were really small suns MR Fantastic IS SO OVER the top that everytime he makes an apperance makes me wanna punch him 

What are you even talking about? Sentry having the power of 1 million suns is just hyperbole, it's just a label. It doesn't mean anything.It's like saying DC is ridiculous for calling Nightwing, world's greatest acrobat. What does it have to do with "stupid" feats? Those aren't feats. 

@Dhor said:

ex: in "the omega effect" when SM asks him for help he`s doing an experiment so important that CAN DESTROY AN UNIVERSE:O GALACTUS...need I say more? INfinity ganlet : HOW can you DEFEAT an omnipotent being?

Right, because Batman and other DC geniuses don't have outlandish feats that involve science?  

@Dhor said:

Get your facts right before making useless threads

Check your attitude before you post in a thread. If you have an issue with the thread creators points, you can debate those points with him respectfully.
#37 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a comic book,not everything is real.

#38 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Another "DC sucks. Marvel is better" thread. Yawn

#39 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

@Dhor said:

ex: in "the omega effect" when SM asks him for help he`s doing an experiment so important that CAN DESTROY AN UNIVERSE:O GALACTUS...need I say more? INfinity ganlet : HOW can you DEFEAT an omnipotent being?

Right, because Batman and other DC geniuses don't have outlandish feats that involve science?  

DC has it`s share of geniuses but they are not so over top as Mr Fantastic. EVERYTHING he does is langer then life. By his standards 616 could end JUST becouse ANOTHER Mr FAntastic makes a mistake and PUFFFF goes 1 universe:O
YOU haven`t said anything about Galactus. So  much power and SURPRISE - Reeds creates something that EVEN a entity that controls time, space and preatty much everything can`t do squat.
WOlverine can regenerate FROM A SINGLE CELL...that would mean that whenever he loses cell ANOTHER wolverine would grow....

I understand that fizic and logic don`t mix with comicbooks but Neither DC nor MArvel are better at this
#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dhor said: 
DC has it`s share of geniuses but they are not so over top as Mr Fantastic. EVERYTHING he does is langer then life. By his standards 616 could end JUST becouse ANOTHER Mr FAntastic makes a mistake and PUFFFF goes 1 universe:O YOU haven`t said anything about Galactus. So  much power and SURPRISE - Reeds creates something that EVEN a entity that controls time, space and preatty much everything can`t do squat. WOlverine can regenerate FROM A SINGLE CELL...that would mean that whenever he loses cell ANOTHER wolverine would grow....   I understand that fizic and logic don`t mix with comicbooks but Neither DC nor MArvel are better at this
Galactus is a character that still needs to eat to live and that has been used against him MANY times. So why it would surprise you that Reed can figure a way to hold him off is beyond me. There's a difference between feats that are ridiculous because they aren't realistic and feats that are ridiculous even by comic standards and much of what Reed has done is perfectly fine within the realm of science as depicted in comics. Reed and the F4 don't often fight Galactus anyway so it's not like he does this every issue. Wolverine regenerating from a single cell is ridiculous, but it's also ridiculous for Lobo to do it as well. So How is DC any better?
#41 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dhor said:
SENTRY and his 1 million exploding suns :O WTF are 1 miliion exploding suns? how much powers is that? and the funny thing that he was preatty weak...apparentlly they were really small suns MR Fantastic IS SO OVER the top that everytime he makes an apperance makes me wanna punch him - ex: in "the omega effect" when SM asks him for help he`s doing an experiment so important that CAN DESTROY AN UNIVERSE:O GALACTUS...need I say more? INfinity ganlet : HOW can you DEFEAT an omnipotent being? Get your facts right before making useless threads
1. Sentry can have his power of one million exploding suns, if he wants. It's nothing special. Odin is a galaxy buster, but we don't have a number to work with, when it comes to Odin. How huge was the galaxy? Largest galaxies can contain trillion stars, while dwarf galaxies contain not far more than 10 million stars. And then you have the Sentry with his power of one million exploding suns, which would probably not even surpass a dwarf galaxy. He did showcase his power level once, when he was facing Photon and there you could see his actual power level and his energy expanding out of a microverse, which is basically a miniature universe, but that feat is so unexplained, that it's hard to debate. He did destroy planets while holding back though and there is no doubt, that he can bust planets without even trying, but that is based on his energy levels. I can agree on those, but running 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light? Come on. (I would agree more on Sentry healing and resurrecting people though. That is over the top.)

2. Reed Richards is supposed to be the smartest man on Marvel's Earth. He comes up with ridiculous inventions yeah. Sometimes it even looks like reality warping, but in some cases he uses alien technology or blue prints. In DC you have Lex Luthor who could care AIDS and cancer, if he wanted, but he doesn't want to do it, because he is too busy with making plans to kill Superman? Come on.

3. Galactus is one of the biggest jobbers in the Marvel universe. 

4. Infinity Gauntlet? By being a reality warper, who has more power. PR Beyonder > Infinity Gauntlet. But then again, we're talking about reality warping, which is doing the impossible. That is comic book logic and it is acceptable, since you can't explain it. But you can do the math and afterwards you look at a number like 13 trillion and that is weird. It's lazy.
#42 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: both companies have riduculus feats. Neither is worse than the other.

#43 Posted by AssertingValor (5393 posts) - - Show Bio

I herd Flash had a sprained ankle when he did that! jk

#44 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

Kinda puts character forum battles into a different perspective, don't you think? What's the point of letting DC characters fight against Marvel characters, when you have feats like that? Quicksilver VS Flash, who is 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light? Deadpool VS Deathstroke, who can escape Superman? Daredevil VS Batman, who can survive being punched by Superman and so on. DC feats are stupid.

there are stuff called PIS, CIS, and WIS. Prepless Batman can't survive a punch from supe, hr lost to thor in the forum with prep, cause nobody could actually make a case for him.

#45 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all it is a comic, lighten up. Feats are feats and it doesn't matter what universe it is in. Marvel feats can be stupid too.While you may say that the Flash is overpowered he is equal villains that match his strength and can also surpass them. You don't know what you are talking about and please suspend your disbelief a little bit.

#46 Edited by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters gonna hate, since when wasn't all comic books ridiculous?

#47 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5460 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chibio
Because it makes DC fanboys ( not fans there's a difference) feel better lol.
#48 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a DC hate thread disguised as an unoriginal observation. Of course comic feats are "stupid" by real world standards, that applies to every company. If you want realism, don't read superhero comics.

#49 Edited by Percy_Scott (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

There's a difference between feats that are ridiculous because they aren't realistic and feats that are ridiculous even by comic standards and much of what Reed has done is perfectly fine within the realm of science as depicted in comics. Reed and the F4 don't often fight Galactus anyway so it's not like he does this every issue. Wolverine regenerating from a single cell is ridiculous, but it's also ridiculous for Lobo to do it as well. So How is DC any better?

I'm not claiming that DC Comics is necessarily better with regard to this nonsense than Marvel, but the original poster's statement was that Marvel didn't do these things (except when it came to reality warping.) Logan's abilities are not related to reality warping in the least. So it is a point against the original poster's statement that such things don't occur except under those circumstances. I'm far from an expert on the character but I've never known Lobo to regenerate from a single cell. I've never actually seen him get injured beyond a bit of bleeding (which is in of itself rare.)

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Nothing is stupid in comic books. Why? Because they're fiction, and they do not abide to the laws of physics/nature/etc. etc.

I find this logic to be abhorrent. I respect your right to your opinion and I'm not calling you stupid by any means, so please don't be offended. I just can't agree with any point of view that claims that fiction can just disregard reason. Alfred Hitchcock said that the events in movies do not have to be possible, but they do have to be plausible. That is to say, they have to be believable within the framework you've created. Even fiction (even comic book fiction) has its own set of rules and rely on readers' abilities to suspend their disbelief. A lot of things that wouldn't be accepted in the real world can be accepted in fiction but there are limits to what readers are willing to accept. I personally believe that writers should care more about story than physics but when you break those physics it should be plausible. Comic books do set their realities in alternate realities to our own, where abnormal abilities and powers exist, however they present worlds where (aside from those powers and abilities) history and physics are understood to be identical to our own. They should, therefore, attempt to keep within the logic and boundaries of those scientific laws whenever possible. Especially when the characters' powers are based in pseudo-science (as Logan's are) instead of magic (as Alan Scott's are.)

@Chibio said:

Weeell, if someone is able to move 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light and judging by your explanation - break the time-barrier, then he shouldn't lose to someone like Zoom badly, since Zoom basically controls time and is therefore faster than Flash, even after Flash absorbs the speed of few other speedsters. Tapping into the Speed Force and running 13 trillion times faster than the speed of light, basically surpassing the laws of time should really put him above Zoom.

It wouldn't be possible for someone to time travel when their opposite can actually stop time. Since the Flash exists within the time/space continuum, when the time/space continuum is stopped he is stopped as well. The only logical way to overcome this would to be somehow connected to the force that stopped the continuum in the first place or to have been outside the continuum of that reality when it happened.

Deathstroke tags Flash and 'knowing him since he was a child' should not be a valid reason to support that ridiculous feat for Deathstroke.

Actually, it is perfectly valid reasoning. It's the same as any skilled fighter in the comics world being able to dodge bullets. Humans can't be faster than the movement speed of a bullet. But they don't have to be. They simply have to anticipate the trajectory and timing of the shot. It can be done in real life. It's just extremely unlikely and requires an extreme facility for mathematics and reading the actions of other people. The same thing applies to dodging the movements of a speedster. If you know where they're going to be and you can properly guess when they're going to be there then you can avoid that spot at that moment by beginning your movements before they begin theirs. This is even more believable when it comes to the action of setting up a move ahead of time. You don't need to be faster if you can just put yourself in the right position and wait. No one seems to question that Scott Summers can predict the location of Nightcrawler when he teleports, allowing him to hit him with a well timed blast, Steve Rogers' ability to throw his shield so that it can ricochet and strike the spot his opponent will be a full minute in the future, or Batman's ability to set up his opponents by predicting their future actions. It's an extrapolation of that same logic.

I prefer Marvel because they're more realistic. Something like that would never ever happen in the Marvel comics.

I dispute this entirely. I'm not claiming that DC Comics doesn't have unrealistic feats (far from it) so don't attack me on that front. I am saying that there are more than enough feats of bull in both universes. I feel that Marvel has more often outright defied scientific logic. Superman should not be able to lift the objects he does no matter how strong he is because the structural capacity of a large object cannot support the force of that pressure on a spot that small. However, DC Comics has put forth the theory that he also has a telekinetic ability which he subconsciously extends around objects to reinforce their structural integrity (which would make him one of the most powerful telekinetics in the universe if it weren't for the fact that he didn't have the ability to use it offensively.)

Hulk is regularly tracked in the comic books and cartoons by satellites searching for gamma radiation. To be able to detect the amount of gamma radiation from a satellite and know it is the Hulk (given that the planet is actually exposed to gamma radiation daily) he would have to be emitting enough of it from his body on a regular basis to poison everyone he comes into contact with (which in comics would give them superpowers instead of cancer.) He's also cracked planets by walking on them, lifted a 150 billion pound mountain, grabbed the heart of a blackhole, stopped a tear in the fabric of reality with a punch, redirected a universe destroying attack with a hand clap, allegedly could go toe to toe with the Celestials, and much more.

Yes, these moments ruin the imagination of superheroes for me. If someone is as fast as the Flash, than he should be able to monitor the entire planet in microseconds and save everyone in seconds, but something like that never happens. He gets tagged by everyone in his rogue-gallery. Give him more grounded abilities and everything is fine :

The Flash could monitor the entire planet in microseconds. He's actually searched the planet that quickly before. He wouldn't be able to save everyone, however, if he wanted to have a normal life, which he does because he would have to run constantly to save everyone in danger throughout the day. His abilities are entirely rooted in his perception of them and himself. It's been directly stated in the comics that Wally West is 'as fast as he believes himself to be.' His constraints are psychosomatic, which is why he only ever exhibits 'ludicrous speed' when it's absolutely necessary for him to do so. Sometimes he underestimates the threat and gets beaten before he decides to up the speed to a higher level. If Thor is as powerful as he's supposed to be, he should also be walking through many problems that thwart him. If the Scarlet Witch is as powerful as she's supposed to be, there should be no threat in the universe that she can't eliminate with a sentence or two. It's accepted that the reason for this phenomenon is because both characters only use their full power when they believe it to be absolutely necessary or both characters don't have access to that level of power except when they reach a certain state of desperation. Why then is it so hard to believe the same thing could apply to the Flash?

@warlock360 said:

Speed force should count as some sort of warping.

When the Flash uses the Speed Force, he is tapping into the energy of all speed from an alternate dimension to negate the physics of his own world. He negates the normal rules of reality to accomplish his speed feats. That is reality warping in its basest description.

@Chibio said:

In DC you have Lex Luthor who could care AIDS and cancer, if he wanted, but he doesn't want to do it, because he is too busy with making plans to kill Superman? Come on.

Actually, it's feasible that if we had enough funding and motivation we could cure AIDS and cancer in the real world. There have been some fairly promising avenues of research into both areas. Or is his preoccupation with defeating Superman that you find unbelievable? Because obsession of that level is psychologically possible and entirely commonplace in comic books, especially with regard to villains. Furthermore, where was it stated this is the reason he doesn't cure them? It seems to me that he'd stand to make more money if those illnesses aren't cured since he has pharmaceutical companies.

@Chibio said:

Deadpool VS Deathstroke, who can escape Superman? Daredevil VS Batman, who can survive being punched by Superman and so on. DC feats are stupid.

He escaped Superman by getting out of his line of sight and running, presumably moving at speeds close to 30 miles per hour (or more since he is supposed to be peak human and the current record is something like 28 miles per hour.) It should be noted that Clark wasn't moving at superhuman speeds and that this wasn't a race. First of all, what in what comic book did Batman survive a punch from Superman? What were the circumstances? Clark wasn't holding back or weakened by external sources by any chance, was he? Secondly, Daredevil has survived hits from opponents that he shouldn't have been able to as well. He's also deflected bullets with his billy club, which is questionable in the extreme.

@Chibio

Because it makes DC fanboys ( not fans there's a difference) feel better lol.

As opposed to Marvel Fanboys whose only response in a debate between Superman and the Incredible Hulk is repeating 'Hulk is strongest there is' over and over again despite the fact that the Savage Hulk's early transformation is stated to give a lifting strength of around 90 - 100 tons and Superman, on average, is given a strength into the millions of tons range. It's got nothing to do with Marvel or DC. Fanboys of anything have a tendency to be ridiculous and immature.

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Percy_Scott said:

I'm far from an expert on the character but I've never known Lobo to regenerate from a single cell.

Well you admitted you're far from an expert so we'll leave it at that.