#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (16516 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (16516 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking if we're really talking about unquestionable A-List characters, which means used well in all forms of media, I believe people would agree that Batman , Superman, Spider-man and Wolverine takes it.

But I think a few people would say Wolverine still needs more build-up to put him on or at least near on par with Superman , Batman and Spider-man

Storm has a lot of exposure in all forms of media but doesn't her own ongoing solo but only minis.

Wonder Woman has her own ongoing solo, but hasn't had a recent own movie or cartoon series of her own.

Iron Man is doing well in all forms of media so he is possibly considered a real A list.

Hulk is very well known yet he seems to not really do well in some forms of media.

So what do you think?

#3 Posted by Squalleon (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think so, they are just the most beloved heroes,an A-list character could be a villian not only a hero!

Joker,Darkseid,green lantern,Cap....the list goes on,are A-listers just not as popular.

#4 Posted by Chaos Burn (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is very famous, he is the only comic character that people use in everyday conversation.

The only people on the A list should be people my mum could name

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: I think you are a broken record looking for some evidence that isn't there. Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Spider-man. These are the legends. S class.

Then Captain America, Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Catwoman, Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman. These are A Listers

Storm, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Supergirl, Batgirl, Black Panther, Martian Manhunter. These are B Listers.

#6 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Add Hulk.

#7 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@jhazzroucher: I think you are a broken record looking for some evidence that isn't there. Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Spider-man. These are the legends. S class.

Then Captain America, Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Catwoman, Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman. These are A Listers

Storm, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Supergirl, Batgirl, Black Panther, Martian Manhunter. These are B Listers.

I'd add Robin, Joker and Dr. Doom to the A listers (unless we're not counting villains). Otherwise, what you listed is completely spot on.

#8 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Hey hey hey! Cyclops isn't a B Lister! He...yeah he's B list...but like B+

edit: On second thought, he's pretty squarely B almost B-

#9 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: I was just providing some examples. Otherwise Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Nightwing, The Fantastic Four and some others would probably fall in there as well "B I mean". I would add Robin and Joker to A, but Doom I'm on the fence about he is right at the border in my opinion.

@TheCrowbar: Lol whatever helps you sleep at night.

#10 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I'd add Doom because he's been an big pop culture figure for decades. Not only did he allegedly inspire Darth Vader's appearance, but he's one of the most referenced supervillains out there. Whenever people want to mention a supervillain, they mention Doom, among others of course.

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I burn posters of captain america next to my bed and pretend it's Dark Phoenix Cyclops burning him away. It helps me sleep at night.

#12 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Blood1991: I'd add Doom because he's been an big pop culture figure for decades. Not only did he allegedly inspire Darth Vader's appearance, but he's one of the most referenced supervillains out there. Whenever people want to mention a supervillain, they mention Doom, among others of course.

Yeah, but he has become abit of a joke :/. Still Marvel is really lacking in the villains department so I'll let him represent in my book lol.

#13 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Well, Aquaman's a joke to the non-reader folk too :P

#14 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Good thing for you their are so many Cap posters to burn. One of the perks of having a movie, leading the Avengers and having a successful solo series.

@SmashBrawler: Lol that is true, but I will convert them slowly as Aquaman is fantastic in every single way.

#15 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: When I cry myself to sleep tonight, it's going to be all your fault

(I'm kidding for those of you just tuning in)

#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Awww don't be sad he was in three movies given he was a bad guy in the second and died in the third. Cap hasn't been in thre.... Actually he has if you count the crappy 60's movie.

On serious side I would say that he is a solid B and is quickly making his way up to B+. He has incredible importance in the Marvel Universe.

#17 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I originally voted no, but I'm starting to think yes...

#18 Posted by JediXMan (31332 posts) - - Show Bio

Add Wonder Woman.

#19 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

No. There are several more.

#20 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman may be iconic, but her sales arent high enough for her to be considered A-list

#21 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

No there are a lot more if we're talking not just heroes but villains and supporting characters than you can add Wonder Woman, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Joker, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Robin, Catwoman, Magneto, Green Lantern, and MAYBE Captain America, Thor, the Flash, the Fantastic Four, Aquaman, Supergirl, Batgirl, the Riddler, the Penguin and Dr. Doom. But I'd call the latter group high ranking B-Listers, popular and famous with enough media appearances to get in the discussion but not there yet.

#22 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is def. A-list. Cap, Thor and Iron Man are close.

#23 Posted by Telcalipoca (963 posts) - - Show Bio

...so i take this a-b is a popular ranked heroes and not going based on their skill?

#24 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (71 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say that Storm has as much clout as any of the others on your list. I would say the X-Men as a whole are though.

#25 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man's massive rise in popularity is a very recent phenomenon, owing to the movies... so i won't really put him along the likes of Superman, Batman and Spiderman yet

#26 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

No, they're not.

#27 Posted by Strider92 (16838 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest if someone asked me to name the top Superheroes today it would only be Superman, Batman and Spider-man. Although there are other equally good characters I can't think of anyone else who compares to these 3 in sales and publicity.