Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@OmegaAgent1 said:

No. I want to read serious comics and see comics respected as any other media. Everything isn't where it shold be. But every character does't have to be Batman, they can't anyway.

I'm just tired of the over use of legacy characters.

I'm tired of long drawn out stories that don't even explore the main character and villain to the fullest.

I'm tired of cheap killings and high drama from writers trying to show off their literary skills. To make a long story short.

What ever happened to high adventure?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By moywar700

I can see why people dislike dark comics.I think comics should be more like 90's TAS X-Men. It wasn't completely dark and it can get funny at times.I think the issues 1-25 of astonishing x-men were well written.It was pretty serious but it had funny moments too.Perhaps comics should try to be like that?

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By infonation

@Teerack: I agree 100%! I get so tired of people thinking that comic books are just good for a chuckle and nothing more. It gets even worse when a comic gets written in a way that is so serious that it actually makes it even more difficult to take it seriously! Take for example the outright LUDICRUS "JLA: Cry For Justice" a comic that made practically every mistake in the BOOK, yet constantly took itself so seriously it was almost HILARIOUS! One could say the same thing about "Identity Crisis"! But all you really have to do in order to take a story about superherpes seriously as far as I'm concerned is look at it from the superheroes point of veiw, they have to deal with beings with powers that are equal or even GREATER than their OWN! And that's if they even HAVE superhuman powers in the FIRST place! Wouldn't YOU take that situation seriously? The only reason Spider-Man jokes around with his enemies so often is because he wants them to make mistakes from sheer overwhelming frustration so he can take them out more quickly and make sure that the risk of innocent people being hurt is lowered to the point where there are no casualties at all! But if there ARE casualties, Spidey doesn't just act like it's no big deal, he actually gets upset, and if he doesn't, it's not because he's refusing to take the situation seriously, it's because he's being written by a callous MORON.

Avatar image for thebigredcheese
TheBigRedCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheBigRedCheese

I think there needs to be a balance. Many already mentioned kids are no longer the target audience. Yet, many people still believe the medium is intended primarily for children. I think this is one of the reasons comics try to ground so many of their heroes into reality, but no matter what they do there will always be people who will think comics are childish. I've already met folks that believe the comic book medium is somehow an inferior medium to all other forms of media. If (Superhero) comics get too serious we will always have the older material to laugh at. :)

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Balance is the key to everything.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

#56  Edited By Guru_Crack

Doesn't matter some darker comics are great, others not so much. As long as the story is good i';ll read it. I do prefer it serious but think its important that the characters in the comics relate in a way thats human so funny dialogue should appear from time to time with banter between friends ect..

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#57  Edited By amazing_webhead

Ugh, YES!!!!! Thank you!

Forbush Man, unlike Squirrel Girl, decided to get up off his ass and do something! (Though his ass isn't nearly as nice as Squirrel Girl's ;D )
Forbush Man, unlike Squirrel Girl, decided to get up off his ass and do something! (Though his ass isn't nearly as nice as Squirrel Girl's ;D )