Are some Heroes portrayed better in media?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

A question, do you think Superheroes and Street Heroes are portrayed better in media? Well ok maybe better isn't the right word.....ahh...more...more down to earth so to speak? I mean in comics, you have Superheroes doing a bunch of crazy stuff but in media its like...they do crazy things however its not over the top ya know? The heroes are depowered, however they still are able to do some pretty insane stuff and they aren't so OP that they are given challenges which makes for a nice story. Anyway just wondering, if some thought of this I dunno if I chose the correct words for what I was trying to say but oh well..

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Well Vigilante is a no name in the comics but good supporting character in JLU. That's an example of being portrayed better in the media.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil:  Ya Vigilante was neat in JLU. Space Cowboy! Question was good too, they really should have went with making an animated series for Q....in fact a lot of characters should have their own show but I guess that would be too many shows lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

It depends on the character. For instance I quite like the film version of Thor but I don't like him in the comics

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer: Huntress with her own show would be good. Closest thing to a female Batman I've seen.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil:  Was actually thinking for a Q: TAS, Huntress would be his partner/love interest, always liked them as a couple would fit. Plus always did wanna see Q working in his city him relying on just what he can get by not no fancy gadgets or anything unlike Batman plus always did wanna see a visal of where Q comes from, which makes Gotham look like a paradise.
x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By x_29

Yes. Wolverine and Rogue are perfect examples.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rdskns4eva

@guttridgeb: yea I agree with this. Comic book Wolverine is awesome. Movie Wolverine is pretty bad imo.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By KenTheProfile

@Wolfrazer: actually it's kinda sad but it comes down to money. realitive to the medium i can draw insane things much cheaper then i can recreat them in a movie or show even with cgi.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jnr6Lil: Was actually thinking for a Q: TAS, Huntress would be his partner/love interest, always liked them as a couple would fit. Plus always did wanna see Q working in his city him relying on just what he can get by not no fancy gadgets or anything unlike Batman plus always did wanna see a visal of where Q comes from, which makes Gotham look like a paradise.

Yeah I don't know about that, Gotham is horrible.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil:  Well its whats said*shrugs* but ya know its all about the money, sad thing is there was a Question TAS planned but it was scrapped at the last moment. 

Also...  
  LIKE A BOSS! I am really disappointed, theres no tv series for Q.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jnr6Lil: Well its whats said*shrugs* but ya know its all about the money, sad thing is there was a Question TAS planned but it was scrapped at the last moment.

Also...
LIKE A BOSS! I am really disappointed, theres no tv series for Q.

Yeah don't think they found Question marketable.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil:  Marketable......./sigh, don't know if they don't try besides it would also expand more on other heroes rather then the same old same old Superman/Batman things and all. Get some good writers, good voice actors, good animation style you can have a good tv show that people will watch I mean tv comes out with news shows all the time and people watch those.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jnr6Lil: Marketable......./sigh, don't know if they don't try besides it would also expand more on other heroes rather then the same old same old Superman/Batman things and all. Get some good writers, good voice actors, good animation style you can have a good tv show that people will watch I mean tv comes out with news shows all the time and people watch those.

Question is too normal for kids. He's best suited for an older audience, and that wasn't JLU's target audience.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jnr6Lil: Marketable......./sigh, don't know if they don't try besides it would also expand more on other heroes rather then the same old same old Superman/Batman things and all. Get some good writers, good voice actors, good animation style you can have a good tv show that people will watch I mean tv comes out with news shows all the time and people watch those.

Question is too normal for kids. He's best suited for an older audience, and that wasn't JLU's target audience.

I know, but so? JLU was suited for just everyone, which fit nicely it wasn't too kiddie but it also wasn't too adult therefore a large audience could watch and enjoy the show. It had a good mix of everything, Batman: TAS was the same way and Batman is normal.....well sorta(of course by today's standards, I think it would be rated PG rather then Y-7), and yes Question is more normal then Batman but its not like you still can't tell great stories with normal characters. Have already thought up of some nice characters, and a few episodes myself.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I really, really dislike Tony Stark in the comics however this man 

Made me love him....movie wise

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Wolfrazer said:

I know, but so? JLU was suited for just everyone, which fit nicely it wasn't too kiddie but it also wasn't too adult therefore a large audience could watch and enjoy the show. It had a good mix of everything, Batman: TAS was the same way and Batman is normal.....well sorta(of course by today's standards, I think it would be rated PG rather then Y-7), and yes Question is more normal then Batman but its not like you still can't tell great stories with normal characters. Have already thought up of some nice characters, and a few episodes myself.

JLU was still a kids show though, no matter how mature it was.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Blood1991

I liked Thor and Iron Man in the movies, but am pretty meh about them in comics.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Wolfrazer said:

At its core yes it was, but its not like others couldn't watch and enjoy it.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Wolfrazer said:

At its core yes it was, but its not like others couldn't watch and enjoy it.

Yes but it's rating was still PG.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil:  Which is usually a middle ground in TV ratings where everyone could watch.
NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NerdsFTW

As always, it depends on the writer.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Kairan1979

Nite Owl II looks more impressive in the movieverse.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer: Yes but everyone can watch TV-Y7. I think PG is still aimed at kids.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil:  Its usually aimed at kids/teens for the most part, but adults can enjoy it too. But in all honesty, anyone could watch anything really just as long as they enjoy the show it'll do well. 
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil:  Ya I guess thats true, shame really would have loved to see him have his own series doing his own thing and being with Huntress. 

Oh also, not sure if ya into country Jn but since like ya Vigilante found a vid that fits him. 

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer: Huntress would've been good having a solo series.

I like Vigilante, hate country.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Wolfrazer: Huntress would've been good having a solo series.

I like Vigilante, hate country.

Ah well tried lol.
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#30  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
@Wolfrazer: I love Question. I'm new to comics and I wanna read some of his best comics. can you help me with this?
I heard the male Question died and now there is a female Question. Thats sad :(
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#31  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I would say most Marvel big heroes are potrayed better in movies like Captain America Iron man and Thor

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#32  Edited By Deadcool

Everybody can "get the character", no matter where do they come from in the whole media...

@Wolfrazer: I prefer Oneil's Question.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@MadeinBangladesh:  Nope the real Q(Vic Sage) is coming back, though apparently not as he was before which is rather disappointing, but will see where he goes now. As for female Q....who is that? Only Question I know is Vic, any other is a knock off. Really some heroes, shouldn't be changed out at all.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer: Renee Montoya

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@Jnr6Lil:  Yes I know, was playing dumb cause I don't like her. Don't ask why, its mostly for a few characters though I  take one look at them, see what they do, and hate them. Can't explain why, just do. Am glad Vic is coming back though, not as Q which is sad but coming back none the less.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Wolfrazer: Ah

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

I;d say no

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NerdsFTW

@NerdsFTW said:

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By YoggSaron

We all know Aquaman had his best portrayal on Superfriends.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#40  Edited By Deadcool

@NerdsFTW said:

@NerdsFTW said:

This guy...