• 137 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Avengers 2 is still a decent amount of time away, but if given the chance to talk with Joss Whedon, one just can't resist asking about it. That's exactly what has been happening at all of the press events and premieres for Iron Man 3 (which is getting insanely good reviews, by the way), and it looks like Yahoo! Movies managed to land an interesting bit of info from the talented director. When asking about how things are going with the hugely anticipated follow-up, Whedon stated, "I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book... a brother/sister act. They're in the movie, that's exciting."

No Caption Provided

Now, unless another duo is eluding my memory, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch seem like the most obvious pair. Since the team's franchise has been fairly inspired by Mark Millar'sTHE ULTIMATES (so far, at least), I can't help but wonder if the take on these characters will be inspired by that alternate universe, too. What'cha think, Viners? Speak your mind below.

UPDATE

It has been confirmed via Entertainment Weekly that the siblings are in The Avengers 2.

Source: Yahoo! Movies, EW

That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By That60sGuy

I never liked these two much so I hope they're not in it. Bring on Black Panther instead.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

ugh. hopefully not how they are in the ultimate universe.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is kind of disappointing, personally. I really want Black Panther to be in there as well as Carol Danvers. Oh well, I trust Marvel and Whedon I just find that a tad disappointing all things considered. Also, I wonder if Ant Man will debut in Avengers 2 or be newly introduced in his solo film? Personally, I think Ultron would be an amazing Avengers villain. Kang and Ultron are the two I would want after Thanos.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get more of a 616 from the movies. But to see these two on the screen is exciting. Course Whedon could be pulling a psyche on everyone and using different twins.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

@that60sguy: BP needs his own movie. Don't just shove him into an Avengers film before explaining him.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sora_thekey

I can't help but wonder if the take on these characters will be inspired by that alternate universe, too.

You mean the fact that they are romatically involved... I hope not!

I do like the idea of these two being added to the roster. I know that both Fox and Marvel have permission to use them as long as Marvel doesn't mention mutants or Magneto... So in the movie they would probably just be "the son and daughter of a super-powered terrorist".

Wanda's powers would be interesting to see done in a movie... but I do want Hank and Janet to join the team too!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I hope this isn't like their Ultimate Universe versions, that was weird...

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not so sure he meant brother/sister act so literally. Could even be a Ms. Marvel/Captain America sort of thing. Close, platonic relationship.

Maybe that's just me hoping it's not Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Don't like that idea.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The only thing that could be a problem is the whole Fox has the X-Men rights. I mean a lot of what made them interesting choices for Cap's Kooky Quartet was that they were ex-Brotherhood members. And later on the fact that they were also Magneto's children added to the characters. Without those influences I don't think they'll be as good. But I guess I should have more faith in Whedon, he's done great so far.

t3hLomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I had read that Fox has the rights to them as Mutants, but Marvel has the rights to them as Avengers.

Sakurafire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sakurafire

Black Panther and Captain Marvel would be awesome additions. Then Marvel would have to bring on Spider-Woman, who I think would be too campy for the big screen. Sigh.

Can't Marvel just get Wolverine and Spider-man back from Fox? =T

That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@cafeterialoca: Yeah that would be even better. But as he's not "famous" outside comics they could introduce him in Av2. Either way BP on screen must happen!

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

What?

Why not these:

• Elizabeth / Brian / Jaime Braddock
  • Johnny / Sue Storm
  • Franklin / Valeria Storm
  • Daken / X-23
  • Apocalypse Twins

lol :)

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

That.... wouldn't make any sense. The X-Men movies are in their own little universe separate from the Avengers movies.

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they can have the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in marvel movies for legal reasons. Since they debuted in X-Men they are legally considered X-Men characters.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@liveforever said:

I'm not so sure he meant brother/sister act so literally. Could even be a Ms. Marvel/Captain America sort of thing. Close, platonic relationship.

I was actually thinking about that just now... Could be a relationship that is like that of brother and sister. The Marvels, there's also Wonder Man and Janet.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@k4tzm4n: Did you have to pick the creepiest picture available of them? Even though a lot of the Marvel Cinematic U is based on the Ultimate Universe . . . I sure hope they don't include the incestuous siblings. Hopefully they pull from the 616 for their characterizations.

t3hLomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Here's Kevin Feige at 1:55 talking about how they both can use them.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm pretty sure he was talking about this couple.......

No Caption Provided
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they can have the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in marvel movies for legal reasons. Since they debuted in X-Men they are legally considered X-Men characters.

True but Scarlet Witch has a longer history with the Avengers than the X-Men so I guess the arguement can be made that her Avengers ties are stronger...But that is irrelevant unless the movie rights that were sold specifically names every single X-Men character.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not my first choice of extra members, but that could be cool. :)

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want black panther to get his own movie.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#23  Edited By pspin

@thanosrules said:

What?

Why not these:

• Johnny / Sue Storm
  • Daken / X-23
  • Apocalypse Twins

If only. I hope Fox doesn't own their movie rights.

As for Scarlet Witch and Quicksliver, I would only like that if it wasn't their Ultimate versions, that would be awful.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@t3hlomb: Thanks!

What?

Why not these:

• Johnny / Sue Storm
  • Daken / X-23
  • Apocalypse Twins

Because Fox definitely has the rights to most of those. They're rebooting F4, after all.

@k4tzm4n: Did you have to pick the creepiest picture available of them? Even though a lot of the Marvel Cinematic U is based on the Ultimate Universe . . . I sure hope they don't include the incestuous siblings. Hopefully they pull from the 616 for their characterizations.

Yes, yes I did :D

But really, I only chose that because I think there's potential they'll be inspired by the Ultimate Universe. That said, I did use the 616 version on the homepage!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope that the next Avengers movie isn't like the upcoming X-men movie where it seems the entire x-men in the universe will be in the movie. Quantity doesn't equal good quality. That being said Ant Man and the Wasp need to be in the movie before quicksilver and the scarlet witch there founding members so they have rank.

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: How do the rights work characters that cross the X/A barrier? I hope it is not based on a Mutant Gene! ;)

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think everyone is reading his statement too literally - Whedon said "brother/sister ACT" <--- seems to me he is using the bro/sis description metaphorically here, not literally. That would open up many, more likely, scenarios (Ant-Man/Wasp, Ms Marvel/Captain Mar-vel, Spider-Man/Spider-Woman, etc.).

xscarletkittie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By xscarletkittie

I doubt they'll be very inspired by the Ultimate Universe. Ignoring the whole twincest thing (which will not be in a movie because no), they have far too much connection to Magneto. While the twins seem to have shared rights between Fox and Marvel, I'm fairly certain Magneto does not. They'll probably stick with their origin of being children of gypsies. They'll likely skip the whole former terrorist thing or they might replace it with something else like helping another villain then turning themselves in. Wanda's powers will probably be considered solely magic and Pietro's unexplained metahuman abilities. Actually, if they did go with Wanda being solely magic, there is a possible connection to Doctor Strange for when they make that movie.

Overall, I'm super excited about the possibility of seeing my favorite character up on the big screen! I've been wanting Scarlet Witch in the Avengers since I heard they were making those movies. We shall see how they fit the twins in if it is indeed them.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

nope cause they are mutants and fox owns the mutants plus scarlet witch is too powerful. hollywood and marvel dont have the balls to have someone on her level place in a movie and even if they did they would water her down, lets face it this is the woman that took out the entire avengers team no way they would make a female the main victor/hero in a movie

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets hope its not the ulitmate ones

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't mind, they would be an intresting choice. I'd hope that its Wanda in her Avengers: United We Stand motto though, while Quicksilver is someone trying to redeem himself after being abandoned by his "superhuman terrorist" father.

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it is in fact Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, would this mean a tie-in to the X-franchise?

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

But...Fox has the right to the MUTANTS mythology. That means they'll have to erase/ignore Pietro and Wanda's mutant background :(

Unless Joss Whedon accidentally gave us a hint that Fox sold their X-Men rights to MARVEL?

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n This is some great news. I love Wanda and Pietro. I cant wait to see more if this development.

Though, I find it a little odd and disconcerting that we will see Quicksilver on the big screen before Flash. This news just begs the question; What the heck is Warner thinking? Everything for JL will seem like a copy of Marvel’s productions. That worries me a little (extreme excitement for Avengers 2 aside).

**Unrelated, I know, but it strikes me as odd that Warner is not capitalizing on characters like Flash, Cyborg, etc.**

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they can make the characters work in live action I say all power to the filmmakers. I do think their theatric premiere should be in an X-Men movie and not an Avengers joint but I have no real love for either character. This is actually what I wanted to see happen in season 3 of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Throughout the show they were dropping hints that mutants would get more play in the EMH universe via newspaper headlines and what not. Unfortunately the only mutant in the whole series was Wolverine. Surprise surprise.

It would have been so cool. You could have Pietro and Wanda being pursued by X-Men then have them seek asylum with the Avengers. Then you could get interaction between Avengers and X-Men almost as an homage to AvX or House of M. Then resolve the situation with the Deus ex machina of having Magento show up to save his children and leave. Have Pietro join his father and let Wanda stay with the Avengers. The next couple episodes would be able to explore Wanda's relationship with The Vision and maybe get a full episode to have the members of the old West Coast Avengers go to California for a vacation. So much potential.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By joshmightbe

Well at least Iron Man will have someone more arrogant than him this time around. If they're doing Quicksilver I expect a level 10 douche bag

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?

Why not these:

• Elizabeth / Brian / Jaime Braddock: betty is owned by fox for the x-men deal, nobody wants the other 2 and are not avengers or tied to them
  • Johnny / Sue Storm: rights belong to other companies
  • Franklin / Valeria Storm: same as above
  • Daken / X-23: too fresh and no place for them in avengers. at all.
  • Apocalypse Twins: worst joke ever

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By windcaster

I think Marvel should go with the heroes reborn version of Wanda and let FOX have Lorna and Pietro. Wanda's powers would work much better in the MCU.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think they could be interesting to see, but I think they could have been better in the X-men movies.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kid Apollo

@thanosrules: ouch dude no love for the Canadian kids Northstar and Aurora?

but seriously thats sick! Quicksilver is in my top 3 Avengers of all time, id love to see SW and QS in the movie, but i cant help but think theres people that might make more sense. its too bad they couldnt do a young Wanda and Pietro cameo in the next X-men movie, then have them appear in the Avengers. top 5 Avengers id like to see(in no order): Black Panther, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ms Marvel or Captain Mar-vell, and the Vision

EDIT: Death_By_Smoke jus came up with a good thought. T'CHALLA and SHURI are brother and sister, they could be who hes talking about

Abjay121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the brother sister act Whedon has mentioned points towards Bruce Banner and Jennifer Walters . It will be easier to add She Hulk to the cast , no rights issue , the origin of the character is based in the Hulk series . Plus she is adds to the female presence in the ensemble . I certainly think this is what it is about .

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By leokearon

I hope it is Wanda and Pietro, I just hope 1. Wanda doesn't have an awful accent 2. Wanda has a decent Costume

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LordRequiem

Well if we see Quicksilver it'll show DC how they can portray the Flash. But we need Captain/Miss Marvel in this next movie. There has to be a strong female and weakling Widow and crazy nutso Witch just doesn't cut it.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's either Wanda and Pietro or Jennifer and Bruce - even though they are cousins in the comics, the origin could be tweaked for the movie.

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking at first it could be interesting, but then i remembered how insufferable they were in the ultimate universe lol.

Unless they're just in it for a few short scenes then that'd be ok. Still want to see Hank and Jan in it though.

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thanosrules
Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#47  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@k4tzm4nThey've got this interesting deal where they both own them. Fox owners talked about it. Whoever uses them first keeps the rights to them. Whoever uses them first just don't mention parentage if its Marvel or Avengers if Fox.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be any of these people

• Ant Man
  • Wasp
  • Black Panther
  • Captain Marvel ( Carol Danvers )

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well considering both have had more face time in the Avengers than anything X-Men related, especially Wanda, I can see this working. It also allows for mutants to exist in the MCU thus paving the way for when Marvel gets X-Men back. Granted I kinda prefer them not being mixed in with the Avengers universe, but I can see the overall plan here. Establish mutants for inevitable X-Men reclaim

Porcupeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Porcupeth

Hope so. Scarlet witch ftw.