Are rorschach and captain america the same?

Avatar image for nationalvendetta
NationalVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NationalVendetta

Sure rorschach is much more extreme but they fight for the same causes, they believe strongly in truth, justice, and freedom. They both have a black and white morality. What are your opinions, if you can find differences (Besides in there methods).

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By laidblack

No in every sense of the word

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Not even close.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

No.

NationalVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nationalvendetta: Seems like rorschach represents the dark side of cap, and cap represents the soft side that never shows of rorschach.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

No...Not at all. I would tell you how completely wrong that statement is, but my Gotham City 21 series pretty much sums up why Rorschach and Captain America are almost opposites, and really would hate each other. @deathstroke19, @cyberwarrior and @wildvine can attest to this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sure rorschach is much more extreme but they fight for the same causes, they believe strongly in truth, justice, and freedom. What are your opinions, if you can find differences (Besides in there methods).

The majority of heroes fight for those causes.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Believing in truth, justice and freedom are pretty common traits of most superheroes, aren't they?

NationalVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NationalVendetta

Well, old rorschach (before the blair roche case) might have been more like cap than the one most people are familiar with. The old rorschach was mentally stable at least

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No in every sense

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Lol!

Hell no.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No...

Baldmanlogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Rorschach lives by this saying " evil must be punished". Rorschach doesn't believe evil must be punished because it will make the world a better place, he thinks it should be punished because it deserves to be punished. Cap goes by the saying "The innocent must be protected." He will do anything to protect the innocent.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are a banana and the car the same? Why or why not?
Because a banana isn't a car and a car isn't a banana.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I don't even know how to respond here, they aren't even vaguely similar. Cap is a super soldier who believes firmly that what he's doing is helping to make the world a better place, Rorschach is a psychopath who believes the world is beyond saving but still feels compelled to punish evil. The are physical, mental, spiritual and philosophical opposites. How the hell would anyone consider them the same?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Yes

You just want to watch the world burn.

Baldmanlogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I'm pretty sure that if captain america was involved in the blaire roche case, he would have had a psychological breakdown like rorschach had.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I'm pretty sure that if captain america was involved in the blaire roche case, he would have had a psychological breakdown like rorschach had.

He fought in a War, he probably saw s**t Rorschach couldn't imagine. He saw the horrors of Nazi concentration camps first hand, are you honestly trying to tell me that the Blaire Roche case compares to that in any way shape or form?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@trevorphilips said:

I don't think so. Cap has a surprisingly strong mind and has gone through physiological trauma on par with the blaire roche case at the very least.

Baldmanlogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Realistically cap would have had a mental breakdown. Even rorschach, who had grown up with a corrupt childhood, chewed off another kids face, stuck a cigarrette in a kids eye, broke down because of that case. Even rorschach's psychiatrist was traumatized from the story alone

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RDClip

Rorschach is an extreme right wing nut job who has not faith in anything. Cap may be a conservative, but he still believes in America and the general goodness of humanity.

If Rorschach is close to any Marvel character, it's the Punisher.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

@trevorphilips: Lots of people go through absolute horror without having a mental break down. Its actually way more common for people to get over that type of thing than to be shattered by them. There are police who work with sex crimes and those dealing with children who see worse things than that all the time and they aren't going nuts left and right. Rorschach didn't just go nuts, if you actually paid attention while reading Watchmen you'd know he was already half way there when the case happened and was probably just waiting for a reason to go full psycho. When they discussed his origin they made it quite clear he had major problems before he ever even put on the mask. Cap on the other hand was specifically chosen to be Captain America because of his strength of character and mental fortitude.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By fodigg
Baldmanlogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Baldmanlogan

@rdclip: I guess that's where it becomes all about perspective. I forget which one of the characters said it in watchmen, rorschach i think. Said that humans are savages in nature, no matter how much you try to cover it up. Captain america is one of those people who pretend that the bad isn't there, he tries to cover the bad up. Rorschach and the comedian seemed to have the most accurate views of society (the way I view it) because they didn't look at it from a naive perspective. Sure there is some good in humanity, such as spiritual people.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 juiceboks  Moderator

@rdclip: I guess that's where it becomes all about perspective. I forget which one of the characters said it in watchmen, rorschach i think. Said that humans are savages in nature, no matter how much you try to cover it up. Captain america is one of those people who pretend that the bad isn't there, he tries to cover the bad up. Rorschach and the comedian seemed to have the most accurate views of society (the way I view it) because they didn't look at it from a naive perspective. Sure there is some good in humanity, such as spiritual people.

Steve acknowledges that there are evil people in the world. For God's sakes his biggest villain is one of the most sinister individuals in the Marvel Universe not even considering the fact that he's a Neo-Nazi. He just dedicates himself to the protection of the innocent and standing up for what he believes is right despite who tries to knock him down. Captain America is anything but ignorant.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kidchipotle
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ChildoftheAtom

They fight for the same cause. That's it

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No.

They are on opposite sides of the Cheesy Costume Spectrum.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

This is all based on your personal opinion. Cap's not covering anything up - because he doesn't believe that humans are all savages. If anything, his worldviews aren't quite as philosophical or dramatic as Rorschach's. He's not naive either, he doesn't believe in heroic quests of duty. All he believes in are the simple and real truths: there is evil in the world, and good men should stand up to it.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bystander

No...Not at all. I would tell you how completely wrong that statement is, but my Gotham City 21 series pretty much sums up why Rorschach and Captain America are almost opposites, and really would hate each other. @deathstroke19, @cyberwarrior and @wildvine can attest to this.

Can they? LOL)

No. Nope nope nope...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trevorphilips: Cap does not pretend the bad isnt there, he sees it, aknowledges it and fights to change it because Cap is a better hero than Rorschac

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About as much as fruits are considered meats. While they're food, they are very, very, very, very different kinds of food.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll echo the statements of most here and say no. Rorschach is much more like Punisher and Cap is not a fan of Punisher. I wish I could find the pic, but during Civil War Cap's side had captured some "heroes", I believe one a reformed Vulture, and Punisher just killed them because they were villains and Cap threw Castle a beating because of it.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

They are completely different. Now Rorschac and Punisher maybe, but not him and Cap.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By joshmightbe

Cap is probably the absolute worst Marvel character to compare with Rorschac. Moon knight or punisher are way more similar

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for khan_noonien_singh
Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers