are people jumping the gun on the dc reboot

smcauley600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By smcauley600

hello are people jumping the gun when it comes to the dc reboot and already saying its awful for example i got a tweet saying "the dc reboot is gonna make more people by comics...by marvel dark horse IDW and boom" i dont know what the stories will be like and i think the new designs are cool (apart from batwing)  i heard they gave out previews yesterday were they good?

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AMS

No DC's PR on this event has been poorly handled and with conflicting messages and information.  

I've witness people comment on Facebook and Twitter and Comic Book Sites i.e. Here as well over time since all this was announced who where Pro Reboot at first become more confused as conflicting information has come out and are now more and more sceptical.  

There comes a point where so many people can't be wrong, so the blame has to be placed firmly at DC's doorstep i'm afraid for creating the negativity surrounding the situation. 

People should try smaller companies stuff anyway if they have a spare spot or two in the pull list now, I got into Bone this week on Comixology for the first time after dropping some of my DC pulls. Going to check out some out stuff like the IDW movie comics and I've always loved Dark Horse and the risks they take as well.

redrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By redrabbit

Honestly I think it needs it. Ever since "Countdown to Final Crisis" a lot of characters have been dragged through the mud for the sake of continuity. Anyone remember when Arsenal was interesting? I do, and DC ruined him because of some really dumb moments in "Cry for justice".  Anyone one remember the New Gods? they were really cool, to bad they were all killed during "Countdown." A lot of damage has been done to continuity, and it can only be fixed by starting over. So I'm looking forward to the relaunch as a whole.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#4  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Agree with the above post, but the pressure is on DC to deliver from the word go in quality stories and art otherwise readership will decrease rather than increase. I'm not convinced people will automatically transfer to Marvel or Independents if they don't like some of what DC is doing. If you like Marvel, then buy Marvel - not because you don't like DC.