Are New 52 Justice League comics any good?

• 71 results
giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By giantsfan576

Always had an interest in the Justice League as a team as opposed to one member. Are they good though? Also about how many issues are there so far?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@giantsfan576: Well, it has its strengths. I like the fact that Steve Trevor were as important to the team as he were. In fact, after he stopped being a regular character in the book, I stopped reading. But I think that making WW and Sups a couple because Twilight is hip is stupid.

But forget the last part. I think that you should give JL a shot.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

justice league dark is the only decent one. 20 something issues.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By waezi2

@thetimestreamer: Does Justice League Dark have any connection to the actual JL team, or is it just a name to sell the book? Just curios.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@waezi2 said:

@thetimestreamer: Does Justice League Dark have any connection to the actual JL team, or is it just a name to sell the book? Just curios.

It's just a name. They don't call themselves that, and it was just a name that they were jokingly referred to as.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: bland, uninspired stories. the overhyping of the bad guys only to be taken down in 2 panels. the doucheyness of the characters. the good thing is the art. just like flash's comic.

@waezi2: my guess they named it that for name recognision but it really is a supernatural justice league that deals with supernatural stuff. and only that. some of the character on the teams know each other but they dont keep contact or discuss threats.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Both books were pretty bad until Trinity War.Right now the books are pretty decent and I just love them although the story isn't anything special.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Throne of atlantis was good, origins and the villian's journey was mediocre both artwise and scriptwise.

ace20xd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ace20xd6

Well I was surprised by how much I liked the new JLA series when DC had that "Road to Trinity War" sale going on last weekend.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins and villians journey are pretty good

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By giantsfan576

@thetimestreamer: whats a good new 52 comic then? Besides jla dark

@waezi2: anything about regular justice league comics you don't like?

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: with the jl or a team book or a good comic in general?

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: is it the best comic regarding the JLA?

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By giantsfan576

@thetimestreamer: actually whats a good new 52 comic in general? Im guessing there arent many team books in dc besides jla right?

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: animal man and swamp thing. wonder woman. everybody is raving about green arrow, only recently. the first like 17 issues were total crap.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Throne of Atlantis was alright. I've been reading JL ever since then and it hasn't made me want to vomit. JLA I'm not really into that much. JLD was good ever since Lemire took over.

Emp3rorD4v1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

teen titans is okay , you should read tgat and redhood and the outlaws. oh and villai.s month is gonna be sweet.

get yourself some jl books, throne of atlantis and trinity war are good.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: personally I think JL is the best New52 title. It's like a big fun movie. If I could only read one title, it would be JL.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By giantsfan576

@spinningbirdcake: @emp3rord4v1d:

Forgive me as im new to reading comics but is say, throne of atlantis, 1 comic or like a mini series of 3 or something?

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: good to hear animal man is good. Always liked him. What would you recommend for JLA besides dark?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By PeppeyHare

Regular JL book changes in quality a lot while JLA and JLD have been consistently good imo

@spinningbirdcake: @emp3rord4v1d:

Forgive me as im new to reading comics but is say, throne of atlantis, 1 comic or like a mini series of 3 or something?

Throne of Atlantis is a crossover between Aquaman and Justice league. Counting the prologue and epilogue it's like 6 or 7 issues

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: I love the New 52 Justice League. My third or fourth favorite book right now.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's sucked really besides the Throne of Atlantis arc.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's pretty despicably bad for a book that sells as well as it does. It has its moments but some of the dialogue is so stupid and the plots are often uninspired and unsophisticated. Also, don't listen to the fanboys-- Trinity War was god awful. The best team books out there right now, IMO, are New Avengers and FF. This is coming from someone who likes DC characters more.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.Also, don't listen to the fanboys-- Trinity War was god awful.

Yes because people have different opinions they are clearly fanboys.

Mr.Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By Mr.Q
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: Well, my favorite comics right now are Batman (first), Aquaman (second), and The Flash or Justice League (third/fourth). I love JL for the blockbuster level action while still keeping great characterization, amazing artwork from my favorite artist Jim Lee, and the interactions of the JL, especially in the first arc. I completely disagree with the reasons TheTimeStreamer listed for hating it (especially the villains being taken out in two panels.. Seriously, what the hell?). There can be some weak bits (like the second half of issue 7) but overall, it's a really good book.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: oh yeah? what about cheetah? huh how was that difficult opponent? i am not surprised by your favorite picks. mediocre all of them, maybe not aquaman but even that book's quality in story is starting to decline.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's pretty despicably bad for a book that sells as well as it does. It has its moments but some of the dialogue is so stupid and the plots are often uninspired and unsophisticated. Also, don't listen to the fanboys-- Trinity War was god awful. The best team books out there right now, IMO, are New Avengers and FF. This is coming from someone who likes DC characters more.

What New 52 comics would you recommend then?

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: look. how new are you to comics? what have you read and how much?

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: basically none unless you count killing joke haha. I know a lot about all the characters though if that's what your asking. Why?

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By giantsfan576

@thetimestreamer: I like the Justice League though and thought that would be a good place to start, seeing as I can branch off to other New 52s from there

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: i'm not asking to know if you know the characters. i'll be frank here: you, as novice, might find the new52 jl entertaining. you havent been exposed to comics much. but when you'll read some of the older stuff (i encourage that, you'll see it for what it really is). as for the branching off, none of the new52 books are that much connected, like at all. only a few tie-ins here and there. the jl is a horrible branching off point. the characters there are not the same as the ones in their individual books. you like superman, read now because pak is writing it and he's great. do not read anything with superman and lobdell on the cover. wonder woman is good consistently. flash - all art poor story and basically living off introducing fan favorites in an uninspired fashion. green lantern is good on all fronts except red lanterns. batman is dead in the water. snyder's writing is abysmal plus all he does is rehash older, better stories making them edgier (batman flipping the bird to the bad guys, GENIUS). let me show his 'originality': death in the family - death of the family (in the first the effects lasted decades, in the later until next issue), year one - zero year (so far it's crap and nothing interesting). he'll probably do next whisper, rip off of hush.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: what do you recommend I start with then? Whats a good one to start with in all of DC?

Emp3rorD4v1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah superman is good right now, green lanterns was great, i stopped reading once geaff johns finished his take. id recommamend green lantern 1_29, superman, superman unchained, and batgirl,noghtwing, and if you like batman get some batman comics, dont know which ones though as im currently nt reading those. um, get batman/superman, the art is weird but you get used to it. and if you really like superman get all star superman its a really good c good.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TimeLordScience

@peppeyhare said:

@timelordscience said:

.Also, don't listen to the fanboys-- Trinity War was god awful.

Yes because people have different opinions they are clearly fanboys.

Fine then. What exactly was good about it? I feel like the only reason people even bother mentioning it is because they came all over the place with fanboyism at the Atom "twist" and the Earth 3 arrivals.

@giantsfan576

The best New 52 title is Wonder Woman. Batman/Superman seems to be good so far.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: @thetimestreamer: Getting REALLY mixed answers. Someone needs to clear it up.

I think the thing to take away from this is that you're probably not going to get a clear answer. I'll say that JL is probably easier to read if you haven't been reading DC for the past decade or so. Just give it a shot. But if you ARE going to give it a shot I would say don't try anything before the Throne of Atlantis arc which begins with #15. Whatever your people's opinions of the title now it's almost unanimous that it started horribly.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: @giantsfan576: Batman is "dead in the water?" Scott Snyder's writing is "abysmal?" The Flash is "all art no story?" Are we talking about different comics here??? Batman is my favorite book at the moment. It's a great mix of the classic Batman works and great horror aspects. Scott Snyder is my favorite current writer, and probably one of my top ten favorites of all time. The Flash has good writing along with absolutely phenomenal art. They're not on the same level of quality, but the writing is still consistently fun and original. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: from your posts you dont know what quality writing is. and you are confusing classic with ripping off. but i'm done arguing with snyder fans.

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vaccine

I like it. The Trinity War arc has been nothing but good so far. Like the majority that have stated here, the Throne of Atlantis arc was superb.