Are GL fans happy now?

• 61 results
Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They don't want John Stewart in the JL movie because Hal Jordan "is the first" GL, so the producers decided don't use GL at all and bring Cyborg for diversity XD nice job guys

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Cyborg is a member of the JL nothing to do with diversity.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@moul said:

They don't want John Stewart in the JL movie because Hal Jordan "is the first" GL, so the producers decided don't use GL at all and bring Cyborg for diversity XD nice job guys

I don't think John Stewart had anything to do with that.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Cyborg is a member of the JL everything to do with diversity.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Oh this again?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@i_dont_like_comics: Yeah they made Cyborg a member of JL because in the future there was going to be a film and they didn't want John Stewart in it O_o

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did the producers actually gave confirmation that a GL won't fill the roster in the upcoming JL film?

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would personally want Hal on the team but wouldn't mind if they put John in it. Cyborg is also part of the JL team so I'm not surprised they included him as well and I don't think he's replacing any GL.

@mysoulz said:

Did the producers actually gave confirmation that a GL won't fill the roster in the upcoming JL film?

Also wanna know.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck, if they weren't going to use Hal then Kyle is next on the list.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Night4345
@captainmarvel4ever said:

John and Guy came before Kyle but if we went by who came first Alan Scott should have had a movie before Hal.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

John and Guy came before Kyle but if we went by who came first Alan Scott should have had a movie before Hal.

I'm more going by importance in the comics, and popularity among hardcore GL fans. When Hal died in the comics it was Kyle who took over the mantle and became the main GL of DC. he's also got a very strong fan following because of that (and because he's a great character).

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

I'm more going by importance in the comics, and popularity among hardcore GL fans. When Hal died in the comics it was Kyle who took over the mantle and became the main GL of DC. he's also got a very strong fan following because of that (and because he's a great character).

I never really seen Kyle being pushed in outside media as much as Hal then John. I doubt DC would use Kyle next.

It seemed like there were an large amount of Kyle fans on this site, but I don't see as much for some reason. So far I only see is both John and Hal fans, which there's always been bickering between the two.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@night4345 said:

I never really seen Kyle being pushed in outside media as much as Hal then John. I doubt DC would use Kyle next.

It seemed like there were an large amount of Kyle fans on this site, but I don't see as much for some reason. So far I only see is both John and Hal fans, which there's always been bickering between the two.

I think that's partly because a lot of Lantern fans don't hang out on this site. I know they have their own communities all over the internet though. For the most part the GL fanbase seems pretty detached from the rest of comics, heck I met a guy who literally reads nothing but lantern books and doesn't know anything else that's happening in comics right now.

So I think when you take out the hardcore fans, your left with the people who only see John and Hal.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I doubt importance in the comics and popularity from a small set of fans would matter all that much. More people know John because of the Justice League cartoon than people put off by John being in the movie over Kyle.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: I doubt importance in the comics and popularity from a small set of fans would matter all that much. More people know John because of the Justice League cartoon than people put off by John being in the movie over Kyle.

That's true, but as Guardians of the Galaxy has proven, you don't need well known characters to be successful. Plus, WB is already taking a risk with Cyborg, meaning they are somewhat willing to do what's right for the comics.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By 2chimcha3

I am really hoping Hal Jordan is in it, and I would greatly be disappointed if he isn't. John is good too but Hal Jordan would be way cooler imo. That being said, I am praying there is at least on representative of the GL Corp on the roster.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: GotG got very lucky not all movies will get the buzz that it got. Cyborg was also one of the main characters of a pretty popular cartoon (Teen Titans), got a guest spot in Smallville and is in another popular cartoon (Teen Titans Go!) right now. Nothing about upgrading Cyborg into the Justice League was really a risk besides angering Martian Manhunter's fans by taking his spot.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: GotG got very lucky not all movies will get the buzz that it got. Cyborg was also one of the main characters of a pretty popular cartoon (Teen Titans), got a guest spot in Smallville and is in another popular cartoon (Teen Titans Go!) right now. Nothing about upgrading Cyborg into the Justice League was really a risk besides angering Martian Manhunter's fans by taking his spot.

I wouldn't call it luck, Marvel decided to believe in something that works, something that comic fans love. If DC wants that same magic then they should either use Kyle, or give Hal a movie that's actually faithful to the comics. Also that goes against Cyborg, because the majority of non comic fans know him as a Teen Titans character (and don't say Go! is popular, it may get more viewers due to it's time slot, but it is not well received).

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By _ANDY_CAN
  • I wish they went with the Justice league Unlimited version of the justice league since everyone is familiar with that version. But completely ignoring an original Justice league member and an original comic book character is foolish in my opinion I mean why remove the lanterns is it because of that bad written movie? Also adding green lantern in this movie could have made people understand the character better and see how he communicates with the other league members.
  • Green lantern could also go from here to have several good movies and introduce the audience to DC space heroes.
  • GL can introduce characters like Green arrow, Black canary, Lobo,Adam and Alanna Strange, Guy Gardner, LEGION, Hawkman and the thanagarians, Kyle Rayner, Parallax(not that cloud monster), Effigy corps, Darkstars, Solomon Grundy, New gods, Manhunters, Cyborg superman, Superboy prime, Sodam Yat, Larfleeze, the other emotional spectrum, Mogo, Anti-monitor, Sinestro, Saint walker, Atrocitus, Carol Ferris, Captain Atom etc.
  • There are many good stories that could be brought to the big screen e.g. Emerald Dawn 1&2, Emerald Knight, zero hour, New frontier, Rebirth, Sinestro corps war, Rann - thanagar war, Blackest night, Brightest day, Chronicles, Circle of fire, New dawn, green lantern/green arrow crossover, Willworld, Rise of the manhunters.
  • Also if they really want Hal Jordan why can't they cast Nathan Fillion he's been voicing Hal for quite some time now and he's a good sci-fi actor and he's still in his prime(if we can have a Batman in his 40s why can't we also have a lantern in his 40s).
  • WE COULD START AN ONLINE PETITION IF WE DON'T SEE A GREEN LANTERN CONFIRMATION.
Avatar image for tenebrous_guile
Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• I wish they went with the Justice league Unlimited version of the justice league since everyone is familiar with that version. But completely ignoring an original Justice league member and an original comic book character is foolish in my opinion I mean why remove the lanterns is it because of that bad written movie? Also adding green lantern in this movie could have made people understand the character better and see how he communicates with the other league members.
  • Green lantern could also go from here to have several good movies and introduce the audience to DC space heroes.
  • GL can introduce characters like Green arrow, Black canary, Lobo,Adam and Alanna Strange, Guy Gardner, LEGION, Hawkman and the thanagarians, Kyle Rayner, Parallax(not that cloud monster), Effigy corps, Darkstars, Solomon Grundy, New gods, Manhunters, Cyborg superman, Superboy prime, Sodam Yat, Larfleeze, the other emotional spectrum, Mogo, Anti-monitor, Sinestro, Saint walker, Atrocitus, Carol Ferris, Captain Atom etc.
  • There are many good stories that could be brought to the big screen e.g. Emerald Dawn 1&2, Emerald Knight, zero hour, New frontier, Rebirth, Sinestro corps war, Rann - thanagar war, Blackest night, Brightest day, Chronicles, Circle of fire, New dawn, green lantern/green arrow crossover, Willworld, Rise of the manhunters.
  • Also if they really want Hal Jordan why can't they cast Nathan Fillion he's been voicing Hal for quite some time now and he's a good sci-fi actor and he's still in his prime(if we can have a Batman in his 40s why can't we also have a lantern in his 40s).
  • WE COULD START AN ONLINE PETITION IF WE DON'T SEE A GREEN LANTERN CONFIRMATION.

Online petitions actually effect change on the world?

Never would have guessed.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually adding shazam and cyborg to this movie without giving them their solo books is not a very good plan by DC/WB.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually adding shazam and cyborg to this movie without giving them their solo books is not a very good plan by DC/WB.

Scott Lang is getting a movie, and he has never had a comic before. Also Captain Marvel may not (and hopefully won't) become an addition to the team.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Night4345

@captainmarvel4ever: Marvel marketing did a great trailer (funny trailer with a talking tree and raccoon) that got circulation.The Dark Knight had the same thing (Joker trailer and Heath Ledger's death). I don't see how having Kyle or Hal in the movie is the same as GotG. The fact that more people know John than Kyle and even more people know Cyborg, even if he's in a different team (Go! is popular for Cartoon Networks demographic just not comic's or the original show's fans), is why Cyborg became a member of the League (and J'onn isn't a popular character because he's OP and always got one-shot in the cartoon :P).

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand your point but what if he ends up being a replacement for MMh and GL since David. S. Goyer wants realistic chartacters.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Marvel marketing did a great trailer (funny trailer with a talking tree and raccoon) that got circulation.The Dark Knight had the same thing (Joker trailer and Heath Ledger's death). I don't see how having Kyle or Hal in the movie is the same as GotG. The fact that more people know John than Kyle and even more people know Cyborg, even if he's in a different team (Go! is popular for Cartoon Networks demographic just not comic's or the original show's fans), is why Cyborg became a member of the League (and J'onn isn't a popular character because he's OP and always got one-shot in the cartoon :P).

Exactly, the trailer showed us that it was being made by people who love the Guardians, and are willing to have fun with them. Like Guardians, having Hal or Kyle, who are both great characters that are loved by the writers and the fans, would be the right thing for a movie. Again, Go has a very very good time slot, and is seen by more people because of that. A small part of that is the demoghrapic, but nothing in that show would make someone like Cyborg.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_andy_can said:

I understand your point but what if he ends up being a replacement for MMh and GL since David. S. Goyer wants realistic chartacters.

1. Please use the Reply button

2. Goyer is no longer running the show, he put his foot in his mouth and WB is not happy with him.

3. They don't need an MM replacement because they were probably never going to use him. I'm guessing this League will only be 5 members, which is a good idea.

4. There is NOTHING realistic about Captain Marvel, he is as fantasy as you get, which is why I think he is not suited for live action.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Exactly, the trailer showed us that it was being made by people who love the Guardians, and are willing to have fun with them. Like Guardians, having Hal or Kyle, who are both great characters that are loved by the writers and the fans, would be the right thing for a movie.

Difference is, we have no idea if the people running the show and making the movie love or even care about Green Lanterns besides what would make the most money. People loved the trailer because it was funny and had a talking raccoon shooting laser guns (recent DC stuff has been darker and more serious).

Again, Go has a very very good time slot, and is seen by more people because of that. A small part of that is the demoghrapic, but nothing in that show would make someone like Cyborg.

I don't see why that matters just that it's done well and keeps the characters in the mind of the people watching. People, mostly children, will see a character they enjoy (the show isn't very deep most of the time but that has nothing to do with it whether kids like it) and ask to go see it.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@night4345 said:

I think that's partly because a lot of Lantern fans don't hang out on this site. I know they have their own communities all over the internet though. For the most part the GL fanbase seems pretty detached from the rest of comics, heck I met a guy who literally reads nothing but lantern books and doesn't know anything else that's happening in comics right now.

So I think when you take out the hardcore fans, your left with the people who only see John and Hal.

That makes sense.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Exactly, the trailer showed us that it was being made by people who love the Guardians, and are willing to have fun with them. Like Guardians, having Hal or Kyle, who are both great characters that are loved by the writers and the fans, would be the right thing for a movie.

Difference is, we have no idea if the people running the show and making the movie love or even care about Green Lanterns besides what would make the most money. People loved the trailer because it was funny and had a talking raccoon shooting laser guns (recent DC stuff has been darker and more serious).

Again, Go has a very very good time slot, and is seen by more people because of that. A small part of that is the demoghrapic, but nothing in that show would make someone like Cyborg.

I don't see why that matters just that it's done well and keeps the characters in the mind of the people watching. People, mostly children, will see a character they enjoy (the show isn't very deep most of the time but that has nothing to do with it whether kids like it) and ask to go see it.

Exactly, that's why us fans need to push for Hal. We're already getting Cyborg who is a leap of faith for the better, and Geoff Johns has been working with WB on the concepts for these films so it could still happen. Having Hal (real Hal, not movie Hal) could be just the character DC needs, because he is pretty positive and outgoing unlike most members of the League.

It keeps them in their minds in a bad way. I know the saying is "Any publicity is good publicity" but not in this case. Heck, I doubt kids will even make the connection between this Cyborg and that Cyborg.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

That's true, but as Guardians of the Galaxy has proven, you don't need well known characters to be successful. Plus, WB is already taking a risk with Cyborg, meaning they are somewhat willing to do what's right for the comics.

Actually, it doesn't really matter which GL gets put in the film because there really isn't any risk the studio will take when making Justice League film. People will see it whether it's John, Hal, Kyle or Guy representing the GL's and whichever character they use will have his popularity boosted by the film in case they decide to make a solo spin-off. They just have to make it work and have the team dynamic thing going right with whichever character they use. GotG had lesser known characters on the roster but the JL roster is already for sure composed of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman and those characters are big enough draws on their own.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Exactly, that's why us fans need to push for Hal. We're already getting Cyborg who is a leap of faith for the better, and Geoff Johns has been working with WB on the concepts for these films so it could still happen. Having Hal (real Hal, not movie Hal) could be just the character DC needs, because he is pretty positive and outgoing unlike most members of the League.

No, we need more gritty. Brooding! REALISM! No fun for you or me.

It keeps them in their minds in a bad way. I know the saying is "Any publicity is good publicity" but not in this case. Heck, I doubt kids will even make the connection between this Cyborg and that Cyborg.

Some people like it, some don't. You can't make it a blanket statement like that when it's obviously not true. He's called Cyborg and looks like Cyborg though probably in darker colors (not in a racial way but see above).

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_andy_can said:

No, people often forgets it was the fan conventions and all type of manifestations what bring Arrested Development back from the grave 3 times.

If you show them they can make money, they will act based on that fact.

There was websites, panels in all the conventions, videos and a massive amount of things to save the show.

That was why Firefly never got a second chance in tv, got a movie based on the DVD sell, but the movie was a failure, but still.

If you show them the money, they will come.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince said:

@night4345 said:

Actually, it doesn't really matter which GL gets put in the film because there really isn't any risk the studio will take when making Justice League film. People will see it whether it's John, Hal, Kyle or Guy representing the GL's and whichever character they use will have his popularity boosted by the film in case they decide to make a solo spin-off. They just have to make it work and have the team dynamic thing going right with whichever character they use. GotG had lesser known characters on the roster but the JL roster is already for sure composed of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman and those characters are big enough draws on their own.

Exactly, that's why they should use one of their better GLs, because then they can have that GL work without shooting themselves in the foot.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: With the way that show is animated, I don't see kids being able to make that type of connection.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Night4345

GL can introduce characters like Green arrow, Black canary, Lobo,Adam and Alanna Strange, Guy Gardner, LEGION, Hawkman and the thanagarians, Kyle Rayner, Parallax(not that cloud monster), Effigy corps, Darkstars, Solomon Grundy, New gods, Manhunters, Cyborg superman, Superboy prime, Sodam Yat, Larfleeze, the other emotional spectrum, Mogo, Anti-monitor, Sinestro, Saint walker, Atrocitus, Carol Ferris, Captain Atom etc.

Kinda mad that Superman characters on that list but any movie could introduce most of these characters besides the ones actually tied to Lanterns.

@night4345: With the way that show is animated, I don't see kids being able to make that type of connection.

Literally a google search away and no Cyborg guy that's named Cyborg is hard to miss.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah but still having 5 rather than 7 is not a good idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Alan Scott was the first green lantern. Anyway, I hope they have some form of green lantern in the movie. I like John Stewart better, and there can be more than one diverse person on the team, but I'd be OK with hal too. In short, just give us a green lantern.

If they exclude flash and GL they are already off to a bad start.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't only use black people for diversity ya know.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea i will like to see a rebooted GL movie with maybe a new name e.g. LANTERNs

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Aquaman isnt white, people fail to understand diversity and Hollywood fails harder.

DC has the problem that MoS was a failure in the box office, remember it had to made 700 millions and only made 664.

It start strong, but with time people stop watching the movie.

You cant blame them for the fact they want to forget Ryan Reynold disaster movie and cut a Flash a character that non comic book writer find annoying, besides the fact Avengers and X Men will have a character like him in their movies.

So it would be like every single Superhero Team has a runner in their team.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Are you serious? Everyone was practically begging for John Stewart.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want John Stewart. Who do I have to kill?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I just came here to say that Cyborg is a terriblen and uninteresting character.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So which Flash do they plan on using? If the GL was Hal Jordon, then you will need Barry Allen. If the GL is John Stewart then you will need Wally West.

But no Green Lantern? Come on.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan Reynold you have fail this fandom.
Ryan Reynold you have fail this fandom.
And the worst part i fail to make the Deadpool movie, sorry Deadpool.
And the worst part i fail to make the Deadpool movie, sorry Deadpool.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Besides just happening to be the Green Lantern in the JL animated series, what is so damn special about John Stewart that we have to see him on the big screen?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By legacy6364

Besides just happening to be the Green Lantern in the JL animated series, what is so damn special about John Stewart that we have to see him on the big screen?

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@_andy_can said:

It took them 10 years, but the GL community managed after 10 years of pissing and moaning to get Hal back to life. So on some level it appears to be working. Funny how there wasn't a similar outrage over Barry's death and demand for his return.