Are Fodder Innocent?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Through the types of fodder recognized in comics, they're usually ALWAYS punching bags or target practice but they are considered people/living being in all aspects.

So, the question arises; are fodder innocent people?

A majority of heart-held and noble, moral characters have gone up against some of these fodderized characters and some have even gone to the extent of killing them. Now, I don't quite know if killing innocent fodder is a good thing, even if they are considered "bad guys", that's even if most are innocent. Though, we don't have a background on most fodder, it's simply implied that their death is meaningless.. unless they're innocent, of course.

For instance, if Captain America or Batman kicks someone in the face so hard they die, would they feel remorse? They wouldn't have an idea in the world who that person was, but those two characters are completely against killing..

Or if Superman speedblitzs' a bunch of gun toting bank robbers but accidentally cuts through one or kills one from too much shock.. he has no idea if they're Innocent or not.. would their death be "okay"?

Deaths are okay all over the comic book world given the character killing those certain fodder.

If Deadpool, Wolverine or Moon Knight kill off some gang bangers who sling crack or some axis soldiers but they've never done a single terrible thing in their life and perish at their weaponry. Is this considered okay on terms of death or war? That just because they're associated with an enemy means their life is meaningless?

Just a thought.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is always the theory that most of people dont find that mazing that Superheroes come back from the grave since normal people does it.

That is how i explain the fact heroes arent in jail, since they keep attacking people who is getting paid or just follow orders.

Sure they arent that innocent, but still this dont mean they should be killed, since many people is working with villains because they need the money.

Isnt ok, but i dont believe heroes attack them the same way they attack supervillains or with the same power level.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a situation where they are causing harm to civilians or innocents, something has to be done , regardless if the henchmen are forced to attack or not. Here's a hypothetical situation for you. If mind-controlled soldiers were about to open fire on school bus filled with children and you only had a lethal weapon at your disposal, are you justified in killing the soldiers?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I read/seen Elektra go through so much fodder (The Hand), and I always felt bad about it. Piles of red garbed dead ninjas looks cool on panel, but I've never been really comfortable with it. Which is a big reason why I love it, haha. It's comics, so I can be bloodthirsty and work through the reflexive guilt. Same with Wolverine. I have no problem with the people he's killed. That includes the town(s) he slaughtered in reaction to the murders of women he loved.

This is who I am.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fodder have no value. Its completely alright to kill them.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fodders don't have an individual identity they have the identity of the group/ organization they are apart of.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, superheroes don't have the time to sit down and contemplate whether or not someone who is a fodder is there to pose a serious threat if they give off the appearance of being a threat then they should be seen as one.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Through the types of fodder recognized in comics, they're usually ALWAYS punching bags or target practice but they are considered people/living being in all aspects.

So, the question arises; are fodder innocent people?

A majority of heart-held and noble, moral characters have gone up against some of these fodderized characters and some have even gone to the extent of killing them. Now, I don't quite know if killing innocent fodder is a good thing, even if they are considered "bad guys", that's even if most are innocent. Though, we don't have a background on most fodder, it's simply implied that their death is meaningless.. unless they're innocent, of course.

For instance, if Captain America or Batman kicks someone in the face so hard they die, would they feel remorse? They wouldn't have an idea in the world who that person was, but those two characters are completely against killing..

Or if Superman speedblitzs' a bunch of gun toting bank robbers but accidentally cuts through one or kills one from too much shock.. he has no idea if they're Innocent or not.. would their death be "okay"?

Deaths are okay all over the comic book world given the character killing those certain fodder.

If Deadpool, Wolverine or Moon Knight kill off some gang bangers who sling crack or some axis soldiers but they've never done a single terrible thing in their life and perish at their weaponry. Is this considered okay on terms of death or war? That just because they're associated with an enemy means their life is meaningless?

Just a thought.

Why WOULDNT they? Like you said, they are against killing.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By jwalser3

@oscars94 said:

In a situation where they are causing harm to civilians or innocents, something has to be done , regardless if the henchmen are forced to attack or not. Here's a hypothetical situation for you. If mind-controlled soldiers were about to open fire on school bus filled with children and you only had a lethal weapon at your disposal, are you justified in killing the soldiers?

Assuming you're a superhero in the situation you could just shoot their rifles.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

lately I've enjoyed in green arrow how they show that he used trick arrows on some, but then regular arrows on others, and they end up looking dead on the ground with arrows sticking out of them,and for someone like green arrow I understand that he doesn't want to kill(and maybe he doesn't, but the guys look dead), but he will do what is necessary to survive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 No, I just like to be proven wrong every now and then. I can't be right ALL the time.

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AfricanWilds

Fodder have no value. Its completely alright to kill them.

All in favor? Show of hands...

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's why Batman doesn't kill.

Jmarshmallow

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, they're clearly complicit in whatever evil things their boss is doing.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I mean look, at some point you gotta take some personal responsibility , most of these hero have been active for years in verse, so if you want do some hench work for Doctor Oct you have to know that you're running the risk of catching a Spider pattern to the face.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22 krisbishop  Moderator

It depends on the organization they're part of, really.

If they're just following an evil government's orders, they should be innocent. (e.g. Hunger Games)